test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New choice pack coming to Mudd store - the dreads are coming

saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
https://arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11480823-mudd%27s-choice-pack-of-dread

I know people have really big problem with Mudd store, but I really like this pack.
The ships included looked always good to me, but there was no way I could afford all of them,
especially that Hur'q Hive Dread, which is promotional pack ship.
Of course it will break all my current saving of Zen
... was almost halfway to Legendary 10-pack.
Oh well, back to dill grinding anew :)
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    the wells came out before any temporal spec too, yet it WAS given full temporal status​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    the wells came out before any temporal spec too, yet it WAS given full temporal status​​
    It was the T6 Verne version that got it.
    And it wasn't given the treatment at first until players pointed out that, of ALL the timeships in STO, the one ship that didn't get the Temporal abilities was the one 100% canon dedicated timeship, which was utterly ridiculous.

Also:
    You can see them now, looming over us, the greatest weapons of some of the Federation - or is it the Alliance, I get so easily confused these days - some of their greatest enemies.
    Jem'Hadar, Romulans and especially Klingons: "Are we a joke to you?"
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    I wish it was a Khaerops, Paradox and perhaps a Denuos??, just for the Khaerops it will sold out!!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Three ships I've never had a desire to use, just like each of the other pick 3 bundles.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • daimon97daimon97 Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    Are they really this desperate for cash?... At least put decent ships next time XD
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    I'm officially tempted. While i use other play styles to mix things up, heavy science and team support are things i find myself gravitating towards and these ships bring loads of options to the table.

Even with the discount Mudd's store is never cheap so this is likely to become a little project to work towards.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    I wish it was a Khaerops, Paradox and perhaps a Denuos??, just for the Khaerops it will sold out!!

Pass on the Paradox, I luv the design, but without Temporal abilities/stations it is just a bad & lazy joke by Cryptic. Those Na'kuhl & Sphere Builder Dreads I think you're spot-on & would've sold fast pending their stats.

I respect the Vecrid & the Tarantula, both are solid choices & that Paradox is a decent ship but is sadly more disappointment & an example of wasted potential by Cryptic quitting on follow-through.

The (10) Ultimate upgrades do have value but not sure if it is a good value at that price lol.

The (50) keys is a joke since I wouldn't win, but hopefully someone will if they purchase it lol.

With the ship coupons I always look at it as, so I'm spending money to spend even more money lol.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    While the ships may be somewhat average, they should be:
    1 - still better that most (if not all) Zen store ships
    2 - Dreads/Carriers are my most liked playstyle
    3 - I already got the 2 other Temporal ships from first 3-choice pack, now it will be complete set
    4 - I personally doubt we will see the absolute best here, ever - after all, it would make drop the sales of the R&D Promo boxes and master keys...
    5 - once the pack goes from the Mudd store, those ships will be only available the normal way - through Promo boxes and Infinity Lockboxes (well and that one from Lobi store too)
  • bcstarbcstar Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    Meh Mudds Market just looks like a "Whale" of a good time for a lot of people. They should give some people with little money to spend on perks a chance or should I say a "Better" Chance at T6 ships. Their are a ton of ship designs that are less desirable than most I see being used. Why not give these ship designs a T6 version and plop them in the store at a discounted price? I mean yeah Discounted to like 250 Zen for the really uh not that great ship design but hey at least it gives us poorer people a chance for a Store T6 for our accounts. Just my 2 EC.
    klingon%2Bbird%2Bof%2Bprey.jpg

"bortaS bIr jablu'DI' reH QaQqu' nay'"

Revenge is a Dish, Best Served Cold ~ Khan Noonien Singh
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    I would have liked to get the Tarantula for my spider-themed captain for completeness but definitely not at that price. I guess she will stick with her Iktomi for the foreseeable future and the Widows will sit in the bank.
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    The Hurq dread is the ship with the highest hull modifier in the game. Definitely not meant for DPSing much but it is one very tough cookie with hangar pets. That said this is way out of budget, however I am sure whoever gets it will have a fun time with that ship
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    I like the bundle, way better then the last one at least in my opinion not quiet a good as the one before that thought.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    saber1973a wrote: »
    While the ships may be somewhat average, they should be:
    1 - still better that most (if not all) Zen store ships
    2 - Dreads/Carriers are my most liked playstyle
    3 - I already got the 2 other Temporal ships from first 3-choice pack, now it will be complete set
    4 - I personally doubt we will see the absolute best here, ever - after all, it would make drop the sales of the R&D Promo boxes and master keys...
    5 - once the pack goes from the Mudd store, those ships will be only available the normal way - through Promo boxes and Infinity Lockboxes (well and that one from Lobi store too)

The entire deal with Mudd's Store is to get one last profit off of failed or outdated gamble ships/lobi ships.
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    This seems more like a Cyrano Jones sort of deal than Harry Mudd.
    edited November 2020
    discojer wrote: »
    This seems more like a Cyrano Jones sort of deal than Harry Mudd.

That depends, Cyrano Jones dabbled in gray areas but was actually mostly legit.

Harry Mudd on the other hand was an out and out con man with few if any scruples, and even had a partial immunity to "correction" procedures according to his file seen in TOS. In fact, the DSC depiction of him as a dangerous psychopath is very realistic considering that file.
  • paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    I bought the Tarantula back in the day from the exchange for my Reman alt and I really liked it. Big and slow but still fun to play. I wish I could get it for all of my alts but this bundle seems way overpriced, especially considering I have no interest whatsoever in the Paradox.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I am perfectly happy to let people buy this while I continue to enjoy the game for free.

I hope it sells well.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • lordbeefy7lordbeefy7 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    Muggs Market....more overpriced lazy content bundled up in a complete ripoff.

I wish they would do something that people want...give us a T6 Nova....give us new content....stop rehashing old rubbish and marketing it as new.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Considering the cost the three ships offered (the other stuff is obviously poo poo) need to grand multiple benefits for my account to get me to buy a pack.

Tarantula is nice and all as a supporter but why open it on more than one character. No must have consoles or traits on those ships for anything I'm working on or will work on in the near future. Clear pass.

Btw, will the new pack replace the current one?

Also has anybody any info if past muds choice packs get re-offered?
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    lordbeefy7 wrote: »
    give us new content....stop rehashing old rubbish and marketing it as new.

While I'm not interested in these particular ships, people have been asking Cryptic to give us a way to account unlock lockbox ships ever since the very first lockbox was introduced. These Pick-3 bundles do exactly, and again only because we asked for it.
    eaY7Xxu.png
    I think the current rise of dill price on exchange is actually more connected to upcoming (hopefully) Black Friday and our wishfull thinking of 50% sale that would include the Legendary Fed 10-ship pack...
    edited November 2020
    I am perfectly happy to let people buy this while I continue to enjoy the game for free.

I hope it sells well.

The problem is that bundles like these do *NOT* come with a comparable increase in demand for dilithium, which means it *WILL* directly impact your ability to trade for zen and 'play for free.' It's the underlying cause for the steady inflation on the dilex all along. We'll be back to the 500 cap by end of the year at this rate, with *nothing* in sight that will bring dilithium values back up.

The problem with the exchange rate (which I personally prefer to be at 500) is that Cryptic doesn't understand how to keep it under control. Fleet Holdings only affect it on a temporary basis, and the costumes they tried putting on there were such a failure due to price that they moved them to the Lobi store. If they want to take the dilex seriously then they need to introduce things to the dil store that are both desirable and repeatedly useful, and unfortunately two great possibilities (Reputation Buyout and Account Unlocked Lockbox ships) have been added to the C-Store instead. The availability of account unlock lockbox ships is still low enough that they could still add the option to do it through the dil store (SWTOR style, once you own it on one character you can then buy the account unlock for it), but they probably won't.

Right now the only things I can think of that could work would be:

1) Buyout or account unlock option for Mastery Level 5 ship traits (affect would probably be small since these can be acquired rather quickly now)
    2) Ability to pay dil to reset the cooldown on a particular queue (DPS parsers would probably dump a ton of dil into that to run Infected Space over and over)
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I'd kinda like the Paradox to complete my console set, but the others, nope. I'm going to pass on it.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Tarantula is good for the console if you already have the other two ships in the set. I like to fly the Recluse as an EPG carrier on my engineer. Paradox is mediocre at best, and I don't have the Hive Dread, but the three piece console bonus looks interesting. Not my cuppa tea though.

Again, the "sale price" is complete BS because that would be about the market retail price. The whole concept of Mudd's Money Grab just turns me off every giving Cryptic my money ever again. Sleezy business practices do not make me want to spend money.
    But how to judge correct "retail price"?
    On one hand it is 3 ships with account unlock - normal ships from Zen store would be worth around 9k Zen toogether.
    But they are Promo / Lockbox / Lobi ships unlocks.
    How much Zen do you have to spend buying master keys, then sell the keys on Exchange to get the EC for the Ship box?
    I think last time I looked up the Paradox, it was around 260 milions EC on Exchange, and keys were maybe 5 milions.
    That make Paradox worth about 52 keys. Round it up to 50 for easy calculations.
    10 keys will be sold for around 1000 Zen
    So 1 Paradox will be around 5k Zen. Maybe - the prices on Exchange are not static, and I may remember them wrong.
    And it will be one-use box, here we have account unlocks.
    On the other hand - it is account unlocks, there is no "reselling" option.
    And on another - I have 22 toons on my account - with this I can have 22 Paradoxes, 22 Tarantulas, and 22 Hive Dreads.
    And I'm betting the Tarantula and Hive Dread have higher prices on the Exchange.

In the end, the real worth is in the eye of player.
    If it is worth it, then buy it, if not - then move on to look for better offers.
    Personally I think I will buy the pack, but that just me, who spend around 4 months to grind dill to Exchange it for Zen.
    It cost me only some time, not a real life cash (even if some people say that time is money) B)
    lordbeefy7 wrote: »
    give us new content....stop rehashing old rubbish and marketing it as new.

While I'm not interested in these particular ships, people have been asking Cryptic to give us a way to account unlock lockbox ships ever since the very first lockbox was introduced. These Pick-3 bundles do exactly, and again only because we asked for it.

It is a kind of monkey's paw wish fulfilment though, they just went from one unaffordable option to another just as unaffordable one.

I don't think it drives the exchange up though, Lobi is primarily a zen thing just like the c-store is, though it does not help balance it either. The thing that has the most potential would be to adjust the odds of getting better phoenix tokens a little, not enough to saturate the field but still enough to encourage opening phoenix boxes for more than upgrade tokens and bare admiralty cards.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    None of those ships interest me. For those that buy it, I hope they enjoy them. I would prefer a pack with the Mirror Warship, Universe Class, and a Mirror NX.
This discussion has been closed.