test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Everyone who gets upset when Lukari queues pop for their random...

tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
... should yell at the devs at every opportunity right now, because they are going to pop and keep popping, as long as the Gon'cra Battlezone keeps not rewarding protomatter canisters to everyone.​​
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I just wish people would play them when they pop, unlucky as that is.

Last one I did my Excelsior had to bomb every base and solo the dreadnought. The rest of the team sat at the base. At least they did enough to stop it from being destroyed.
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    I just wish people would play them when they pop, unlucky as that is.

Last one I did my Excelsior had to bomb every base and solo the dreadnought. The rest of the team sat at the base. At least they did enough to stop it from being destroyed.

Only way to stop them from almost afking it, is if you see your team being passive, do not complete it for them. Some people always expect others to do the job and them not get leavers penalty
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    As long as it's a space map I'm fine, I'll play it np. If it's a ground queue that pops though I'm gonna peace out every time and eat the leaver penalty cause no thanks.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    As long as it's a space map I'm fine, I'll play it np. If it's a ground queue that pops though I'm gonna peace out every time and eat the leaver penalty cause no thanks.

I've always advocated a far longer leaver penalty for bailing on a random for attitudes just like that, and those who do the same for space if it's the 'wrong' queue.

As for the rest, I'm talking about space queues anyway. Because some jackarse always swears up a storm wanting to shame and burn whoever signed up for the 'horrible' queue. You have a problem with them? Harass the TRIBBLE devs to get Gon'cra fixed.​​
    Post edited by tasshena on
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    That's the least of things that the devs need to be yelled at right now...but good to know to add it to the rather large list.

Too large of a list imo & by how Cryptic's approach towards fixing "bugs" was explained by some guy, forgot name, on the last 10 Forward Weekly livestream I don't think a slight majority of glitches will ever be fixed so that list will continually lengthen :-(
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,317 Arc User
    The Lukari TFO's are not my favorite, but nowhere near as bad a a certain Iconian TFO with its cut scenes and map changes.
    Unless you're unlucky enough to get the ground TFO, which is just way too long no matter how good a team you have, the Lukari TFO are actually pretty easy if you know what the F you're doing.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    edited October 2020
    The big problem I have with Omega is that if you pick 'random TFO' how high a percentage of the time does Infected Space Advanced pop? Seems like it shows up every other random queue sometimes. :p​​
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    tasshena wrote: »
    The big problem I have with Omega is that if you pick 'random TFO' how high a percentage of the time does Infected Space Advanced pop? Seems like it shows up every other random queue sometimes. :p​​
    That's because the DPSers use it as a means to parse their DPS.

I had hopes that when they announced they were revamping Infect Space that they would change it to where that was no longer possible, but, alas, it didn't come to pass.

If they did fundamentally change ISA to make it a timegated mass-wave thing like all the new ones then they would have to select another one of the old style TFOs to base their DPS runs on. Time gates destroy the accuracy of the parses, as do the continuous mass wave of opponents though not quite as much as the time gates.

Ideally a parsing scenario has no time gates and a set (or at least predictable) number of targets and no weird mechanics like the torpedo aborting the run thing in Tzenkethi Front and the engine-power favoring of Gravity Kills. Above all it needs to be reasonably profession agnostic (one of the things that rules out the mass-wave of trash mobs is that it so heavily favors megawell science builds).

That more or less rules out all of the ones on your "most enjoyable" list since they are all dependent on those gates and waves etc., which means that change would just be trading one TFO you do not like for another unwanted one. I am not familiar enough with the available TFOs to predict with any certainty what that fallback parsing TFO would be, though I suspect the Omega TFO Borg Disconnected might fit the requirements if the enemy spawns are number based instead of time based though the "scanning" mechanic would probably throw off results somewhat. I do see parses of it a lot though not as many as ISA in various places.

• robynkaterobynkate Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    @somtaawkhar But if they did what you mentioned above to TFOs and stopping people from using them for DPS parsing, wouldn't that make a lot of people not run TFOs? I mean, yeah I would like to not have people running it for parsing reasons, especially the ISA, but it seems like thats why many people queue for runs.
  • husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,593 Arc User
    tasshena wrote: »

I've always advocated a far longer leaver penalty for bailing on a random for attitudes just like that, and those who do the same for space if it's the 'wrong' queue.

As for the rest, I'm talking about space queues anyway. Because some jackarse always swears up a storm wanting to shame and burn whoever signed up for the 'horrible' queue. You have a problem with them? Harass the TRIBBLE devs to get Gon'cra fixed.​​

Or crazy idea.... they could have always just created two rando buttons Space Random / Ground Random

I know Cryptic is worried no one would ever random ground... but the truth is there are some people that have decently geared ground toons and don't mind doing ground.

The biggest advantage.... no one that showed up on a ground map would be unprepared. You would actually get team mates that could actually help you finish the que quickly. Instead of spam their rep flare, and dancing. ;) Which I sometimes do for the sheer entertainment of it.
  • mez83mez83 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    > @somtaawkhar said:
    > (Quote)
    > That's because the DPSers use it as a means to parse their DPS.
    >
    > I had hopes that when they announced they were revamping Infect Space that they would change it to where that was no longer possible, but, alas, it didn't come to pass.

Thats why generally don't like infected space. By the time I get to the Borg I usually have enough time to get 5 shots off before their dead. At least in other TFOs I actually get to do something.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Another reason ISA is so popular is because its so easy you can just faceroll the keyboard for all intents and purposes.

I have nothing against easy, I just do get tired of fighting the same Borg over the same Starbase so often. Probably why I haven't done random for a while. That and a minor case of Event Fatigue.
    Also I tend to panic a bit when I see a Vaadwaur Juggernaught in ISA. Most of the time things might die before I even get a shot off so I'm scrambling to at least do some damage before I get slapped with an AFK penalty due to sheer damage output.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • robynkaterobynkate Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    @somtaawkhar Ah and yeah I see what you mean. I kind of as of late been working on my Omega vanity items, so having to click to run the Omega stuff on advance. For me, if I don't have infected conduit on cooldown when I am queuing, it seems to be the only one that will make almost instantly. The others take a minute or more to queue up for. At least that's my experience and why I thought that it seems to be the only thing that people are queuing for most times.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Na op. Tzenkethi TFO are both alright. Front is even good is say.

I wish we had more PvE where the map‘s duration gets defined by a teams performance.

In my experience players who are bad at DPS are bad at most other stuff as well. Tzenkethi maps make this very obvious as bad players can’t as easily hide among good ones like they can in Infected Space without a combat log. 😉
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Another reason ISA is so popular is because its so easy you can just faceroll the keyboard for all intents and purposes.

I have nothing against easy, I just do get tired of fighting the same Borg over the same Starbase so often. Probably why I haven't done random for a while. That and a minor case of Event Fatigue.
    Also I tend to panic a bit when I see a Vaadwaur Juggernaught in ISA. Most of the time things might die before I even get a shot off so I'm scrambling to at least do some damage before I get slapped with an AFK penalty due to sheer damage output.

Imagine Juggers with the extra console from upgrade now
  • khazlolkhazlol Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    Gravity Kills does take way to long with a bad team.
    People complain about both Tzenkethi Front and Gravity kills when I try to do them, usually with colorful language demanding to know who queued for it.

I have toons geared reasonably well for ground myself. As much as some don't like it, the sheer silliness of it appeals to me. I'll pause and put on a borg armor and grab a TR-117 or a thompson if it's Hive Ground, obviously... and maybe die once or twice, but meh. If I'm traited and specced for space, I guess I figure it's expected. ^_^​​
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    I personally like Gravity Kills and will queue for it just for fun. I enjoy the extra challenge. It helps that I have a solid strategy that includes pushing the dreadnaught into the singularity using TBR3.
  • husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,593 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »
    I personally like Gravity Kills and will queue for it just for fun. I enjoy the extra challenge. It helps that I have a solid strategy that includes pushing the dreadnaught into the singularity using TBR3.

I like the thinking, of course why bother game has been power creeped again... it takes what 20s to just kill it with pew pew. The issue with that map isn't DPS its the fact that DPS isn't really the way to win. Cryptic has trained its players to chase the DPS dragon... so maps that actually require them to do something other then park and AOE everything are hard for them to understand. The issue with that map is that you are almost always going to be the only person running back and forth for 20 min with particles. lol
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    husanakx wrote: »

I like the thinking, of course why bother game has been power creeped again... it takes what 20s to just kill it with pew pew. The issue with that map isn't DPS its the fact that DPS isn't really the way to win. Cryptic has trained its players to chase the DPS dragon... so maps that actually require them to do something other then park and AOE everything are hard for them to understand. The issue with that map is that you are almost always going to be the only person running back and forth for 20 min with particles. lol

There is also the problem that you need good engines and often a boost from Evasive Maneuvers or other source, and a lot of people apparently don't have those ready so they get miffed and leave or just sit back shooting at things instead of going after particles.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Unfortunately most people basically say "Frak Mechanics! All you need is DPS!"
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    > @rattler2 said:
    > Unfortunately most people basically say "Frak Mechanics! All you need is DPS!"

That’s cuz anybody who got through the trouble to make a potent DPS Build will have 0 issues to familiarize with the laughable tasks to do in both front and gravity.

Reason why those maps did not become as popular as ISA and CCA is that transporting hawking particles and bombs is not more challenging but tiresome when you realize that you are the only one in team doing it. That’s why DPSer leave those maps out in public matches and rather donate their numbers to ISA. They don’t have to care there how competent their team mates are in order to get a satisfactory game experience out of it. 😉
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    > @rattler2 said:
    > Unfortunately most people basically say "Frak Mechanics! All you need is DPS!"

That’s cuz anybody who got through the trouble to make a potent DPS Build will have 0 issues to familiarize with the laughable tasks to do in both front and gravity.

Reason why those maps did not become as popular as ISA and CCA is that transporting hawking particles and bombs is not more challenging but tiresome when you realize that you are the only one in team doing it. That’s why DPSer leave those maps out in public matches and rather donate their numbers to ISA. They don’t have to care there how competent their team mates are in order to get a satisfactory game experience out of it. 😉

I usually do not leave, because even tho I hate these queues, it wouldn't be fair to the other members of my team - of course, from time to time it happens that 3 people leave and at that point there's really no point in trying to finish it.

What seems clear here is that, once again, people see time-gated, repetitive and infinite-wave queues as having "mechanics" and think that having a "DPS check" equals dining with the evil incarnate. When in reality, neither of those things are true.
    These people should go do some serious raiding in any of the many MMORPGs that actually *have* raids. They'd learn a thing or two, but I guess it's easy to just go into every thread and TRIBBLE on people that think TRIBBLE like "Defense of Starbase 1" is actually a queue that requires team work... and that's just one example of MANY.
    Hell, this new STF is just more time-gated afking drivel.
    That more or less rules out all of the ones on your "most enjoyable" list since they are all dependent on those gates and waves etc., which means that change would just be trading one TFO you do not like for another unwanted one. I am not familiar enough with the available TFOs to predict with any certainty what that fallback parsing TFO would be, though I suspect the Omega TFO Borg Disconnected might fit the requirements if the enemy spawns are number based instead of time based though the "scanning" mechanic would probably throw off results somewhat. I do see parses of it a lot though not as many as ISA in various places.
    The problem is the distance. The further away you are from your teammates, the less accurate the parse will be.
    That is why ISA (and now ISE), together with HSE, are used for parses.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    husanakx wrote: »

More like people have started whining so much that "oh no, this is too difficult. you expect me to learn how to JUMP?! unacceptable" so they made the queues dumber and dumber, with no mechanics except "wait here for the next 5 minutes and kill this never-ending waves of enemies" where all the tactics required are... let me think of a good word for this: nothing. the tactics required are non-existant.

But sure, go around insulting people that likes to play around with builds when there is NOTHING left to do in a game where even the most difficult queues, if they're "new" - see SB1, for one - can be beaten by just AFKing.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
This discussion has been closed.