test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is Temporal Ambassador mission offline?

I've been ignoring Geordi LaForge's entreaties to do the Temporal Ambassador mission for quite a while, but I decided to use it to get another ship and admiralty card for my Jem'hadar since he's lacking in ships. But now Geordi is just popping up saying he's got nothing for me. If he's got nothing for me, why's he popping up. And the mission is locked in the mission journal for all my characters, even though Geordi was popping up for all of them every couple of days or so.

Anyone know what's going on?

I'm on Xbox One
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    banditse1977#1368 banditse1977 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Not much use for you since I am on PC,but it is showing as replayable for me on my 2 characters.

Might be a problem on Xbox only.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,997 Arc User
    Does XBox One have a disable mission auto-hail setting available like PC does?
  • Options
    gileslestradegileslestrade Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Yes it does. I actually had auto hail disabled so I could concentrate on some other episodes. But I recently turned it on specifically because the mission is showing locked in the mission journal for characters that haven't played it yet. It is showing replayable for the one character that has already completed it, which doesn't help me because I wanted to get another ship for my Jem Hadar. I've noticed that the Klingon mission giver for this mission does the same thing - pops up and says she's got nothing for me.
  • Options
    I stand corrected. For characters that have already played the mission, it gives you the play mission button in the journal, but it does not work.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,533 Arc User
    It is almost like they are taking down all the temporal missions one by one. Spectres was taken down and moved to the very wonky "available" tab which, despite the name, has a number of missions that are non-startable for a lot of people (including Spectres which often refuses to launch or is missing altogether for some people).

If they were doing it for a revamp (like in preparation for a multi-faction version of AoY or something) it would be great but I seriously doubt they are doing that.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,489 Arc User
    Sounds like a possible bug on Xbox One. In case it is, @darkbladejk @wingedhussar#7584 please move this to Xbox One Gameplay Bug Reports. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    pthe5#2621 pthe5 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Hi
    I have the same problem atm
    The yesterday's war arc is greyed out for me and I completed all other arcs (no skipping). Also LaForge only pops up for saying "nothing to do". It seems like a bug on xbox, I'm waiting for a fix since I can't finish multible achievements without this mission/arc.
  • Options
    burstie79burstie79 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Hi

Yes, it is indeed bugged, not only on XBox but also on PS4.
    It seems like the „Temporal Ambassador“ mission isn‘t acessable anymore.
    The bug appears since the „To Hell with Honor“-event update, about one month ago.

With Level 65 captains, who don‘t have played „Temporal Ambassador“, I can‘t start the mission from the missions tab, because the start button is greyed out. Geordie‘s automated hail says: „I don‘t have anything for you“ and start button is greyed out, too.

The mission replay with level 65 captains, who already had completed the mission, opens the window and the text says something like „command prompt“, while the start button is greyed out as well.

Please fix this problem with one of the next updates, since the completition of „Temporal Ambassador“ is a requirement to unlock at least 3 trophies/achievements, which became unobtainable at the moment.

I use the game in the german version. If this is not a problem, because my translations of the mission texts are not exactly corresponding, i will try to help out with more informations, if needed.
  • Options
    bezaobuilder#7083 bezaobuilder Member Posts: 1 New User
    Also happening to me, Geordi pops up but he says "I have nothing for you. The episode in the mission journal is locked and I completed all prior missions but one which I skipped via the mission journal.
  • Options
    darkstar#8047 darkstar Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    Don't quote me on this, but I have a feeling the romulan start missions, the ones all factions can do need to be completed first, the ones containing Vault, The arena etc but I could be wrong. I have a character about to finish those and will check and see if the Temporal mission becomes available. Current my Jem'Hadar char cannot even find the mission in the Incoming Hails as I have done none of the Romulan, fed or Klingon missions story arcs yet
  • Options
    Sorry, Darkstar, unfortunately no.
    I have 100% completed every story arc, prior Yesterday War with my Discovery captain, who never has played Temporal Ambassador before.
    Right after the ending sequence at Starfleet Academy, the talk with Sela, Nog, Paris etc. and getting back ship controls in the Delta quadrant, Geordi hails again with the message above and the Temporal Ambassador mission stays locked.

Seems like, until the problem is patched, there is no workaround.
  • Options
    Yes just checked on characters I have done it on and yet to do. The mission is no where to be found. There is nothing in the Incoming Hails. It is really annoying as I was hoping to grab that ship for my Jem'hadar char. It is quite annoying the Jem'hadar don't get any ships despite starting at level 60, except for a single T5 ship of which you have to buy an upgrade voucher for to get it to T5-U and get some mastery skills on it. Coupled with none of the Dilithium you would normally have earned means Admiralty Missions are impossible as you have no ships to send out.
  • Options
    proteus#8097 proteus Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Yes just checked on characters I have done it on and yet to do. The mission is no where to be found. There is nothing in the Incoming Hails. It is really annoying as I was hoping to grab that ship for my Jem'hadar char. It is quite annoying the Jem'hadar don't get any ships despite starting at level 60, except for a single T5 ship of which you have to buy an upgrade voucher for to get it to T5-U and get some mastery skills on it. Coupled with none of the Dilithium you would normally have earned means Admiralty Missions are impossible as you have no ships to send out.

With regard to fleshing out your Admiralty roster of of ships, a tip I picked up early on is to regularly search for 'special requisition' on the Exchange. The results will offer lots of different T5 lock box ships for modest EC costs from a few hundred thousand to a few million. It's worth picking up the (non-upgradable) Mirror ships and any other cheap ones to obtain the associated Admiralty cards, even if you never actually fly the ships. And keep checking from time to time to obtain any you don't have cheaply, as the selection available is always changing. You can shorten the search term to 'special req' to reduce the typing requirements a little too, for the same results. I keep a selection of these boxes in storage to get any new character off to a good start.
  • Options
    proteus#8097 proteus Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited July 2020

With regard to fleshing out your Admiralty roster, a tip I picked up early on is to regularly search for 'special req' on the Exchange. The results offer lots of different T5 lockbox ships for a modest amount of EC, anything from a few hundred thousand to a few million. It's worth picking up the (non-upgradable) Mirror ships and any other cheap ones to obtain the associated Admiralty cards even if you never actually fly them. And keep checking back to pick up any you don't have, as new ones are listed. I keep a selection of these ships in storage to help get any new character off to a good start.
    Post edited by proteus#8097 on
  • Options
    Yea just got to get the EC now as you start with zero. I created a new account and am trying to see just how difficult it really is to play without actually buying anything. I have a normal char and also created a jem'hadar to run the Endeavor tasks straightway. It really is a pain they didn't give Jem'hadar enough RnD researchers for all 5 RnD slots or any ships.

You don't even get the 30k each Dil for the Rep level 5 that even though they start you with 2 already at level 5 completed. While you might start already at level 60 it takes almost as long as it would have had you started from level 1, before you can actually do anything, as you have to get dil, ec, ships, and doffs, Not to mention the ship and weapons you do get aren't anywhere near enough to survive even a Normal level TFO. I don't think jem'hadar get any real advantage.

The real killer is the single shared bank slot, makes for trying to transfer anything between characters a pain is the proverbial, if mail was working (and it still isn't as I just tried) the I could mail stuff, but since mail is broken it is transfer 1 item at a time via the single slot.
  • Options
    Has there been any word as to why Temporal Ambassador mission has gone the way of the Dodo and become extinct?
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,038 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    This is a long shot, but have you played or skipped the two newest episodes that were recently added?
    Because the "Featured Episode" section appears at the top of the story arcs, they could be blocking Temporal Ambassador from becoming available.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    Going through the mission list it looks like they may have moved it to a main mission story arc again, Yesterdays War i think it is. It is the story arc just after the Iconian War and is the first mission in the list. I'll have to check with a character that has already done all to and past that point to confirm.
  • Options
    elite0506#8840 elite0506 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I can’t even get the story arc yesterday’s war to unlock at all I have completed every other story arc please some one help me
  • Options
    It is unlocked for the characters I have already completed Yesterdays Wars arc with, although I did actually try an play it, maybe I should. For all other characters it remains locked. My guess is that maybe it has something to do with the new klingon upgrades yet to be implemented, but that is just a guess.
  • Options
    I hate to ask, but those that are having trouble playing it - have you played/skipped the newest entries in the "Featured Episodes" story arc at the top of your mission journal? They could be what's responsible for blocking your progress.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  • Options
    elite0506#8840 elite0506 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I can’t even find the featured episodes tag is that for Xbox one or only pc
  • Options
    It used to be in the "Incoming Hails" section of the mission tab. It is now in the main story mission chapters under "Yesterdays War" which immediately follows the Iconian War story arc. No idea why they moved it, but they have. Trouble is for many that have not already done the mission it seems to remain locked.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    > @inferiority said:
    > I hate to ask, but those that are having trouble playing it - have you played/skipped the newest entries in the "Featured Episodes" story arc at the top of your mission journal? They could be what's responsible for blocking your progress.

Inferiority, i‘m sorry and i‘m aware of the fact, you want to help here. But it is not helpful, to ask the same question again and again, with the same results. As I wrote on the 4th of july, I completed ALL missions prior yesterday war with a new toon, there is nothing more. The Temporal Ambassador mission stays locked.

And it is not helpful, if a PC player joins the topic. On PC it works as intended. It is just a console problem on XBox and PS4 and appeared with the patch and begin of the To Hell With Honor-event.

Additionally I made the offering to help out with more informations or screenshots, if asked for or needed. Since I play STO on both consoles, it wouldn’t be a big problem for me.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    burstie79 wrote: »
    Inferiority, i‘m sorry and i‘m aware of the fact, you want to help here. But it is not helpful, to ask the same question again and again, with the same results.
    Actually, nobody answered the question, so on Tuesday evening, I made a new character and played through the entire mission journal and reached Temporal Ambassador today.
    It didn't unlock.
    Tomorrow, I will take an hour or so to play through the entire ground mission line on Kobali Prime, in the hope that it could perhaps be what's blocking the progression. However, I do not believe it will result in any difference. I will then proceed with Spectres, Lost Dominion and Cold War arcs to see if anything there unlocks it. (I made a Reman, so Nimbus III is already completed!)
    I intend to return here to post news if anything I do results in Temporal Ambassador becoming playable.
  • Options
    Although the temporal ambassador mission is listed in the Yesterdays War story arc it is, as yet not working at all. I tried this on my character that has not only done every episode currently listed but has also completed those missions that are no longer in the game, like all the temporal missions. I have done the time Guardian, rescued the enterprise and saved The Kuvah'Magh, and also previously run the Temporal Ambassador mission as well. I even ran spectres from the complete original story arc, and all the old Delta/Alpha and Gamma quadrant missions including the shuttle race.

Currently Temporal Ambassador won't play, my guess it may not be fully implemented until the next big patch, probably House Divided.

So in answer to your question No you cannot play it, not yet anyway not matter how many previous/other missions you try and run.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    So I thought it is it is finally back up. Took a break from Risa this morning to just look at the available episodes, and it was showing as available, so over lunch I did the mission with my Jem Hadar, to get him a ship. Went through most of the mission, taking time to get the accolades. But after clearing the force fields from the gantry, I get to the door to the Enterprise-C, hit A and get a "map transfer failed" error. I have tried logging out and back in which still brought me to the door with a "map transfer failed" error. I switched games so STO does a restart, and when I came back I was in my usual ship in the Azure nebula. When I hit A to resume "Threading the Needle" I get the "map transfer failed" error. I rebooted the console itself to no avail. Can't continue to finish the mission.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,489 Arc User
    I also get that "map transfer failed" when I get to the door of the Enterprise C. What the hell are you guys at Arc doing? FIX THIS!!!

First of all, they are Cryptic Studios, Arc is the launcher, and the publisher is Perfect World Entertainment. Yes, they are trying to fix it. Before this, the mission was not accessible. Now it is a map transfer failed bug when one gets to the door of the Enterprise C. Check next month's patch notes to see if it is fixed then.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.