Options

Purchase Items and Help Charities!

Comments

• Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    sanunes wrote: »
    macabri wrote: »
    We've teamed up with Groupees to offer two bundles, and all of the proceeds go to Pop Culture Hero Coalition and United Way Bay Area!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11430823-purchase-items-and-help-charities!

Yeah great job artificially limiting an item for a good cause and by the time europeans get off work they are sold out, GG noobs. That is such a TRIBBLE move considering they are digital items and the cause is not for profit

What annoys me is this isn't account locked, so I have seen grey market auctions selling prior event codes from Groupees. I mistook one of the prior campaigns as this one.

Really??, that's sad, but not Cryptic's fault.. is other people who are greedy.. :neutral: but it more usefull to not be account locked, as i used mine in my F2P account, and previous ones i used in my son and brother's account.. (buyed twice for that purpose)
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    kaosbainkaosbain Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    We've teamed up with Groupees to offer two bundles, and all of the proceeds go to Pop Culture Hero Coalition and United Way Bay Area!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11430823-purchase-items-and-help-charities!

Yeah great job artificially limiting an item for a good cause and by the time europeans get off work they are sold out, GG noobs. That is such a TRIBBLE move considering they are digital items and the cause is not for profit

What annoys me is this isn't account locked, so I have seen grey market auctions selling prior event codes from Groupees. I mistook one of the prior campaigns as this one.

that is really annoying to know I can't get the pack because sellers are buying them to sell them for a profit...
  • Options
    duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    kaosbain wrote: »

that is really annoying to know I can't get the pack because sellers are buying them to sell them for a profit...

Well, there was a gift option so obviously the codes are free-range.
    I also hate scalpers. I hope they get stuck with codes they can't sell for profit.
  • Options
    casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    1. This is an amazing act and an amazing deal. The two ships alone are amazing science ships. The trait is also top notch.
    2. I already own both. If the sale had a larger variety to choose from, I would have spent 10 bucks/euros on a sale like that, but including: Cardassian Science Dreadnought T6 + Vanguard Carrier T6. Take my mon... charity donations for a noble cause which awards my modest generosity with two interesting pieces of dominion art.

I personally advise people in opening the wallet on the 10 bucks offer. It's worth every penny and it has a noble cause behind it, leaving any joke aside.
  • Options
    terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    giphy.gif​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • Options
    clyserclyser Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I was opening my wallet but the PC version sold out fast, not enough keys.
  • Options
    clyserclyser Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    duasyn wrote: »
    kaosbain wrote: »

Well, there was a gift option so obviously the codes are free-range.
    I also hate scalpers. I hope they get stuck with codes they can't sell for profit.

Ferengi no doubt...
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Still wondering why Cryptic decided to recycle the same two ships this time when it would've been just as easy to have another two ships or heck just have it be one of those free T6 ship tokens to offer options. Cryptic didn't have to do anything though so nice of them to do still.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    And the ships, which were released last September, are still in the New Tab in the C-Store, 8 months later. I've been waiting for the Batlh to come out of there to use my Free Ship Token. Decided to go this route instead.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    They are out of the $10 packages for PC already :(
  • Options
    paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    It's a shame, tried to buy the $10 pack for PC but they're sold out.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
  • Options
    cklibcklib Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    ltminns wrote: »
    And the ships, which were released last September, are still in the New Tab in the C-Store, 8 months later. I've been waiting for the Batlh to come out of there to use my Free Ship Token. Decided to go this route instead.

Yeah, same here. It is ridiculous that something that was released 8 months ago still is flagged as a New Item.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »

Really??, that's sad, but not Cryptic's fault.. is other people who are greedy.. :neutral: but it more usefull to not be account locked, as i used mine in my F2P account, and previous ones i used in my son and brother's account.. (buyed twice for that purpose)

sorry I dont see it as greed... 1st come 1st severed and if you have extra money to burn so be it. it's charity and it's main focus is to get $ from folks who have it. I have this from the comic book bundle, so I didnt get any more... but I am sure some folks did so they can "resell" and that's fine too. As I recall, these codes now have expiration dates on em... if you dont want to buy from grey market you dont need to.
  • Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
    If you weren't able to claim your Tier 2 pack, can you try again and let me know if it works now?
  • Options
    majha01majha01 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Well I bought the 10 dollar pack and I got my codes but I'm unable to claim my tier 2 prizes. Seems like a problem for a few people.
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    We need more keys for PC.
    Why so many were allotted for consoles baffles me.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    rezking wrote: »

There is a high console base based on the infographics when you combine Xbox One and PS4 players all together. As for need, "we" want more keys for PC and not "need". It does not baffle me. With that said were you not able to access Tier 2 pack? Is that still a problem with the recent patch? The CM just asked that question two posts before yours.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »

There is a high console base based on the infographics when you combine Xbox One and PS4 players all together. As for need, "we" want more keys for PC and not "need". It does not baffle me. With that said were you not able to access Tier 2 pack? Is that still a problem with the recent patch? The CM just asked that question two posts before yours.

PC pays the bills.
    Console keys remain UNTOUCHED while PC keys sold out in a day.
    It is "NEED".
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    lexers615#4253 lexers615 Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    It's pretty common in such cases for a donor to inject supplemental donation.

Is Cryptic even considering this, to begin with?
  • Options
    Per the website the $10 keys for Xbox and PS4 are still at 2500 each while all of the PC keys were gone in a day. Those of us that were working or in a different timezone are left out in the cold again. Well played.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
  • Options
    eisenzahnneisenzahnn Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    I had bought the codes for my ps4 account but seem unable to use them. the code i was given is far too long for the ps4 redemption. customer support said to use them in the arc app but every time i try it says the server is busy.
  • Options
    edited May 2020

PC pays the bills.
    It is "NEED".

PC and console pays the bills. STO is on both platforms. So it is still not a need for PC but a want.
  • Options

PC pays the bills.
    It is "NEED".

PC and console pays the bills. STO is on both platforms. So it is still not a need for PC but a want.

Since there's far more PC players on STO, why not just add more keys? The console players haven't touched their keys so allow the PC players an opportunity to buy them. Many of us have jobs are were not able to purchase them in time and all we see are untouched console keys. Besides, I NEED to pay my mortgage, car payment, electric bill etc. I WOULD LIKE an opportunity to buy this key set. Is this better?
    Lieutenant William Lebo
  • Options
    casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    This is clearly in favor of the PC users, so a key extension would be more than welcome for the people willing to donate/buy.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Well, it's Monday, Cryptic staff came back to work. They most likely saw the comments in this thread, and chose to ignore us, yet it would have been mutually beneficial. Worst, they didn't even bother to respond to us, clearly expressing we aren't worthy enough for a 20 words forum statement that would have taken 2 minutes to write down.

Keep that in mind next time Cryptic asks favors to the playerbase.
  • Options
    Well, it's Monday, Cryptic staff came back to work. They most likely saw the comments in this thread, and chose to ignore us, yet it would have been mutually beneficial. Worst, they didn't even bother to respond to us, clearly expressing we aren't worthy enough for a 20 words forum statement that would have taken 2 minutes to write down.

Keep that in mind next time Cryptic asks favors to the playerbase.

They did not choose to ignore you and in general devs do not always respond to threads in the forums. I will not keep it in mind.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    At the most it would be the Community Manager anyway, not a Developer.

I'm pretty sure that this didn't happen:

https://youtu.be/SlKao_Pox5A
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    (flame/troll post removed) - darkbladejk
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    (flame/troll post removed) - darkbladejk
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    Enough with the arguing in here. Everyone who comes to these forums gets it, folks want to see more PC keys. This is a good thing, however busting out the flamethrowers won't accomplish that goal. Some folks in here also need to understand, just because someone from Cryptic doesn't respond at all or doesn't respond right away it doesn't mean they're ignoring you. They don't always respond to every individual post that gets made or every thread as they don't have that kind of time. If they see fit to make more keys they will do so, and the fact that so many folks seem to want them suggests to me they probably will. If not, there will be other promotions. Finally, no matter what time of day they post something like this up, there will always be someone who is inconvenienced by it not happening at prime hours for them personally. There's nothing they can do about that. The focus of the promotion is the donations, the ships are simply a bonus to draw in the funds and the icing on the cake. Getting 2 ships that normally cost far more on their own is a pretty huge deal.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator