test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Return to the Battle at the Binary Stars!

12346»

Comments

• Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Writers forgetting about deflector shields is not a new thing.
    Deflector shields are only really designed for smaller masses and debris.

Larger asteroids and such things have always been shown to still be a threat that requires moving out of the way of.

All this over a ccutscene of one ship ramming another. I'm starting to miss the days of dodge the asteroids. Cause chanced were, if you hit one, you just had a real bad day.

Now it's like full impulse pinball through asteroids belts.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    darzil#7269 darzil Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    > @szerontzur said:
    > I've noticed that happen as well; I'm not sure if it's because BoPs can run off with them or if it is an actual bug from latency(like what rarely happens in the badlands BZ during the starbase phase).

Birds of prey will certainly try to tractor them, so you need to kill them fast if you want 80 rescued (or it sometimes looks like 81).

I do feel there should be a rescued 80 bonus tier rather than those stopping at 60.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Actually, the idea of a space cleve ship is ridiculous. Really, how long has it been, on water, that ships with rams were a thing. Are you prepared to sustain a Warp Core Breach right against your hull?
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    that cleave ship certainly wasn't, because it got vaporized when the europa triggered a deliberate antimatter containment breach​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,264 Arc User
    But then wouldn't it be a klingon way to go by ramming your enemy, honestly best way to consider the Cleave ships is as psychological weapon since most races wouldn't react rationally to a ship seemingly appearing out of nowhere and ramming your vessel, klingons aren't stupid after all and know the importance of crushing the morale of their opponents.

Also later in season 2 we see a cleave ship go thru several ships without visible damage to it (granted those ships seemed smaller then the Nimitz class).
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    But then wouldn't it be a klingon way to go by ramming your enemy, honestly best way to consider the Cleave ships is as psychological weapon since most races wouldn't react rationally to a ship seemingly appearing out of nowhere and ramming your vessel, klingons aren't stupid after all and know the importance of crushing the morale of their opponents.

Also later in season 2 we see a cleave ship go thru several ships without visible damage to it (granted those ships seemed smaller then the Nimitz class).

That's the hang up with this one cutscene. The cleave ship stops... instead of just continuing to plow on through like it should. Which is where you have to slap the plot armor on it.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User
    Does it stop? The camera stops following it, and proceeds to where we're arrayed for battle, after the Europa's core blows. No idea what happened to Cleave Boy at that point, or if the ship even survived the maneuver.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    I was under the impression that both ships were destroyed in the collision.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    they were - there is no ship in star trek (aside from the planet killer) that can survive a point-blank warp core breach​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
This discussion has been closed.