test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Admirality change no more 30k Dillithium....

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    dumas13 wrote: »
    I have to say that I really, really hate the idea of tying anything in the game directly to fleets. It's one thing to use Admiralty as a source of dil/EC/whatever to dump into a fleet, but making the Klingon Tour of Duty reward something that can only be used for fleet projects just doesn't sit right with me. Not everyone's in a fleet, not everyone wants to be in one, why cut them off from this thing that they've always had access to? Fleets get enough benefits as it is, no need to take things away from the solo side.

FYI, Admiralty was not added until season 11.

Cryptic has been too generous with giving us dil, it has made inflation so bad the dil exchange has been getting close to the limit.

Crytpic made a change to nerf some dil rewards, but the dil, credits and mats you still get are far more than back in 2014. Instead of removing the dil entirely they are letting those who are in a fleet help it out more.

• Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    Admiralty Dilithium just got nuked.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    dumas13dumas13 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    I was here when Admiralty was added. I think I'd dismissed one of my leveling ships not too long before the change to make space for a new event ship or something and I missed out on that card. I never liked that particular ship and the card's not great, so no great loss.

Also, you're kinda missing the point. Nerfing dil is a minor gripe; I have enough for what I need. It's how it's being done: Straight up taking something away from solo players and handing it to fleets. It's not enough to skip out on gear and trait slots, now any source of resources can be designated just for fleets and nothing offered in return. Yeah, that's fair.
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I have to say that I really, really hate the idea of tying anything in the game directly to fleets. It's one thing to use Admiralty as a source of dil/EC/whatever to dump into a fleet, but making the Klingon Tour of Duty reward something that can only be used for fleet projects just doesn't sit right with me. Not everyone's in a fleet, not everyone wants to be in one, why cut them off from this thing that they've always had access to? Fleets get enough benefits as it is, no need to take things away from the solo side.

As a solo player, that is solo leveling a fleet. A challenge that myself and few other have taken up. I don't see the problem here. To me, on my alts that aren't in a fleet, or that I don't play often. All it means is that I focus more on the dil rewarding assignments and less on the Tour of Duty. This changes means I no longer have to worry over chasing that. Which in turn is going to speed up my alt and doff routine.

For my alts that are in the fleet I'm leveling. It means a nice supply of dilithum for projects, something I was already hurting on. Since I had to balance my dil usage between fleet projects, gear, and the dilex. Not that I've bothered with the dilex since it went above 350 per. So my fleet project dil requirements are covered, and when projects require up to 600+k dil, it's a big concern.

Ont he overall here, all this does is put more value on dilithium. With the reduced and easy supply of it gone, players are going to start valuing it more. This will in turn affect the Dilex. Now you don't have players throwing their dil at it, because there's a super easy supply of it. The fleet dil is beneficial, as many have stated, even larger fleets are suffering from lack of dil for projects.

As others have pointed out, this means most won't be tossing their refined dil at fleet projects, instead hitting the Klingon ToD for it. Which allows the player to save their refined dil for personal use, while still being able to help their fleet.

The 30k dil bonus pool, what's the problem here? I mean, this is nto that hard, just play the character. You have 10 days to do this before the next bonus pool comes up. Which, leaves me questioning if these bonus pools stack like all the others? So run some patrols, do some tfos, play some episodes, or even hit up a battlezone on your alts. Again, you have a minimum of 10 days in which to do this, before the next bonus pool comes up.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    I was here when Admiralty was added. I think I'd dismissed one of my leveling ships not too long before the change to make space for a new event ship or something and I missed out on that card. I never liked that particular ship and the card's not great, so no great loss.

Also, you're kinda missing the point. Nerfing dil is a minor gripe; I have enough for what I need. It's how it's being done: Straight up taking something away from solo players and handing it to fleets. It's not enough to skip out on gear and trait slots, now any source of resources can be designated just for fleets and nothing offered in return. Yeah, that's fair.

I get what you're saying, but that's been true for awhile now about some rewards. Romulan Imperial Minefield offers only Fleet marks. If you're doing random TFOs you get that one fairly often and end up with a useless main reward along with the random box.

You can think of it as Cryptic removing the 10/10 reward completely if you never intend to join a fleet. People can still do the Klingon admiralty for the specialization XP and the per-mission rewards which can be pretty nice.
  • Options
    husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,593 Arc User
    Not sure it will have the exact intended result.

Still a good change. Frankly one they should have made long ago. That their change also solves one problem in terms of smaller fleets not being able to level. Its good. Not that I believe there are many people still trying to solo or small fleet level much. My small fleet has been done with fleet stuff for a long time now.

For those upset that their 50 toon farm is no longer uber. The way to look at this is simple. If the dil exchange does drop 30-40% you should be able to make the same value you have been with half the toons... played 2x as often. Just log in twice a day for 30 min instead of once for an hour. Spread it out and hit more 500,1000,2000 reward missions. And I don't know perhaps actually play the game on your alts, and earn reputation marks to trade for dil.

Good change. In general when a lot of people get all bent... it means cryptic took to long making the change to begin with. Well done Cryptic, good change.
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    the fleet dil voucher is a big FU to those of us who want nothing to do with fleets. yes I know there are supposedly good ones out there but to me a fleet is like an HOA, mostly just a pain in the tribble and makes your want to leave
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    drunkflux#5679 drunkflux Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    > @trennan said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > As a solo player, that is solo leveling a fleet. A challenge that myself and few other have taken up. I don't see the problem here. To me, on my alts that aren't in a fleet, or that I don't play often. All it means is that I focus more on the dil rewarding assignments and less on the Tour of Duty. This changes means I no longer have to worry over chasing that. Which in turn is going to speed up my alt and doff routine.
    >
    > For my alts that are in the fleet I'm leveling. It means a nice supply of dilithum for projects, something I was already hurting on. Since I had to balance my dil usage between fleet projects, gear, and the dilex. Not that I've bothered with the dilex since it went above 350 per. So my fleet project dil requirements are covered, and when projects require up to 600+k dil, it's a big concern.
    >
    >
    > Ont he overall here, all this does is put more value on dilithium. With the reduced and easy supply of it gone, players are going to start valuing it more. This will in turn affect the Dilex. Now you don't have players throwing their dil at it, because there's a super easy supply of it. The fleet dil is beneficial, as many have stated, even larger fleets are suffering from lack of dil for projects.
    >
    > As others have pointed out, this means most won't be tossing their refined dil at fleet projects, instead hitting the Klingon ToD for it. Which allows the player to save their refined dil for personal use, while still being able to help their fleet.
    >
    > The 30k dil bonus pool, what's the problem here? I mean, this is nto that hard, just play the character. You have 10 days to do this before the next bonus pool comes up. Which, leaves me questioning if these bonus pools stack like all the others? So run some patrols, do some tfos, play some episodes, or even hit up a battlezone on your alts. Again, you have a minimum of 10 days in which to do this, before the next bonus pool comes up.

A lot of people were apparently using 10+ alts who were there for nothing but running tour of duty missions by skipping a lot of other duty off assignments to exclusively focus on tour of duty. So in effect rhey were getting over 60k dil a day on just admiralty, leading to hyper inflation of dilithium.

Thinking of ideas from lots of games for, dunno how long now.
  • Options
    the fleet dil voucher is a big FU to those of us who want nothing to do with fleets. yes I know there are supposedly good ones out there but to me a fleet is like an HOA, mostly just a pain in the tribble and makes your want to leave

Or you could now just level your own fleet. At least to a point where you can buy provisions. Then you can get invites to others fleet bases to get stuff.
  • Options
    laughinxan wrote: »
    > @trennan said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > As a solo player, that is solo leveling a fleet. A challenge that myself and few other have taken up. I don't see the problem here. To me, on my alts that aren't in a fleet, or that I don't play often. All it means is that I focus more on the dil rewarding assignments and less on the Tour of Duty. This changes means I no longer have to worry over chasing that. Which in turn is going to speed up my alt and doff routine.
    >
    > For my alts that are in the fleet I'm leveling. It means a nice supply of dilithum for projects, something I was already hurting on. Since I had to balance my dil usage between fleet projects, gear, and the dilex. Not that I've bothered with the dilex since it went above 350 per. So my fleet project dil requirements are covered, and when projects require up to 600+k dil, it's a big concern.
    >
    >
    > Ont he overall here, all this does is put more value on dilithium. With the reduced and easy supply of it gone, players are going to start valuing it more. This will in turn affect the Dilex. Now you don't have players throwing their dil at it, because there's a super easy supply of it. The fleet dil is beneficial, as many have stated, even larger fleets are suffering from lack of dil for projects.
    >
    > As others have pointed out, this means most won't be tossing their refined dil at fleet projects, instead hitting the Klingon ToD for it. Which allows the player to save their refined dil for personal use, while still being able to help their fleet.
    >
    > The 30k dil bonus pool, what's the problem here? I mean, this is nto that hard, just play the character. You have 10 days to do this before the next bonus pool comes up. Which, leaves me questioning if these bonus pools stack like all the others? So run some patrols, do some tfos, play some episodes, or even hit up a battlezone on your alts. Again, you have a minimum of 10 days in which to do this, before the next bonus pool comes up.

A lot of people were apparently using 10+ alts who were there for nothing but running tour of duty missions by skipping a lot of other duty off assignments to exclusively focus on tour of duty. So in effect rhey were getting over 60k dil a day on just admiralty, leading to hyper inflation of dilithium.

60k a day... try 200-400k a day for some people.

They should have nerfed it long ago. You can still make that much dil in a day after this change it will just take at least some actual game play and not just speed clicking the card game.
  • Options
    tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,799 Arc User
    I rather enjoyed doing Admiralty, but after this change goes live, I think the motivation will to keep doing so will cease to engage me.

I was doing KDF to earn Dil, it may have gone to the Fleet or I have used it myself, but now that the option for personal use is being revoked, I don't think I want to continue.

As regards Ferengi Admiralty, I only started on it a week ago, when I realised I had enough Admiralty cards to permit me to run two Admiralty campaigns simultaneously. Now I regret putting that effort into advancement, since it was ultimately for nothing! :#

I'm not one of those players who wants to or can spend all their playtime roaming around the game playing for Dil, I only have time each day to set my Admiralty running, pick up my daily fleet mark box and then I'm out of time to play.
    So the change to Ferengi Admiralty will inhibit me the most, as bonus dil awarded on zero dil acquired is nothing, nothing at all. :'(:s

So in conclusion, the one thing that was keeping me invested in daily play is no longer of importance and therefore, Admiralty will be meaningless to me after this change is implemented.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Another day...another NERF. For those who did not care about Omega particle nerf probably don't care about this one either?

Little by little you might see there is a theme here. Who is exploiting admiralty? Are they going to say same bots that were exploiting Omega particles are exploiting admiralty? those bots are called regular players.

Devs please stop making this game incessantly harder to grind. This is a disservice to any player who just want to do the right way and spend right time to invest in EC or Dilithium. The whole game is an EXPLOT if you think it that way. Mr EP is taking the wrong course in these approaches and slowly killing this once great game with these many nerfs.​​
  • Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    GOOD BYE ADMIRALTY!

It was great while it lasted....

Another reason that I'm so glad I did not invest a penny on those Legacy hero ships. 10 ships on admiralty are now useless and do not feel like investing money on a company that nerfs anything perceived as fun and call it exploit.​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    stardust2012stardust2012 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    (flame/troll/obscene/vulgar post removed) - darkbladejk
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    Folks, you're allowed to voice opinions in the positive or negative, but keep it civil.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    > @davefenestrator said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Only for farmers. If you actually play the game with that character you still get the full 30K for Ferengi over time.

half of what you used to have and over time. this is just done to force people to buy zen.
    But I won't spend anything on this game anymore
  • Options
    duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    This may not kill the Dil market, but it's making it limp pretty good! :D
    I guess there's too many people making free money. Personally, after awhile I was spending 3hrs a day just doffing/Admiralty on my toons. I hated it, so I stopped doing Admiralty at all. So for ME, who stopped being a professional dil miner, it makes little difference. And maybe the few million Dil I do have in the bank will actually be worth something! B)

Sure earning 30k or 60k Dil sounds good, but not if it's near worthless.
    Just looking at the exchanges...
    100 Zen (aka $1) is 42,300 Dil [a Master Key (aka ~$1) is on the Exchange for ~6M EC, for comparison]
    So really that 'massive' amount of Dil you were making wasn't really worth much.
    Let's see what some Dil scarcity does to the value of Dil. Your dil income will go down, but if it's worth more, you might have the same income value? But probably not, since most of Cryptic's economic ideas seem to fail in the end due to those pesky players doing things they didn't expect! ;)

KDF Fleet voucher... ok. I never wanted to use my dilithium on fleet projects cause the return in credits was TRIBBLE. This will create a useless thing to turn into a less useless thing! OR maybe the voucher will be BoA so I can pass it to new alts? That'd be a nice thing to do, Cryptic!

Ferengi bonus voucher... technically yeah, you still get your 30k, you just gotta GRIND MORE for it now. yay.

So overall, instead of massive amounts of unrefined Dil, people will have massive amounts of Dil Vouchers and bonus Dil vouchers laying around. Assuming they even bother to do Admiralty anymore.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    I didn't think Cryptic had the cajones to do something like this. It's a very BOLD and ballsy change and I support it. Hopefully, this will help make the Dyson Ground Battlezone more popular like the old days.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    (discussion of moderation removed) - darkbladejk
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    Hopefully, this will help make the Dyson Ground Battlezone more popular like the old days.

If it works. There's also the Undine, Badlands, and Gon'cra. And Gon'cra is still borked as far as I'm aware.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Honestly? I hate admiralty. I've always hated it. As people say in the game, it's "space paperwork." It prevents me from spending time actually playing the game. I'll still do it but now I won't worry about maximizing my dilithium generation from it anymore.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    > @coldnapalm said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > One of the few times I agree with you 100%. Dave I generally agree with as well...but you and I rarely see eye to eye on much, but this time...yeah what they did is a good thing for the game. It help fleets. This will be good for the dilex. And really, it only really hurts the top % of the dil farmers while giving the moderates ones more reason to stay and play the game more. So all round a good change.

oh how does this not hurt little players? I'd like an explanation.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,472 Arc User
    > @davefenestrator said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Only for farmers. If you actually play the game with that character you still get the full 30K for Ferengi over time.

half of what you used to have and over time. this is just done to force people to buy zen.
    But I won't spend anything on this game anymore

No one is forcing you to buy zen. So no this is not doing that.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    These days I already find it hard to make the TOD missions pop, not even one of the two will pop unless I did admiralty too many times in a day which can be a pain. I am really not happy with this change. Well I am certainly never going to get a LTS.
  • Options
    > @sthe91 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > No one is forcing you to buy zen. So no this is not doing that.

PWE is infamous with forcing playing to spend money, by forcing them out of gameplay
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    > @sthe91 said:
    > (Quote)
    >

PWE is infamous with forcing playing to spend money, by forcing them out of gameplay

STO is routinely regarded by posters on this site and reddit as a very friendly F2P model.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,472 Arc User
    > @sthe91 said:
    > (Quote)
    >

Cryptic is not forcing players to spend money, the player decides to spend money or not. They are not forcing you to play the game. You can decide to use the admiralty system or not even with the changes. It is still your choice.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    > @coldnapalm said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Because getting to the daily cap on say 3 toons should take you no time at all anyways. Less than an hour for sure. If you are at more than this...sorry hun, you ain't a little player.

> @coldnapalm said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Because getting to the daily cap on say 3 toons should take you no time at all anyways. Less than an hour for sure. If you are at more than this...sorry hun, you ain't a little player.

I appreciate if you don't call me hun, you can keep that for your mom.
    BTW it's because cryptic takes something, gives something TRIBBLE in return and half of that is not much use if everything was done in a fleet
This discussion has been closed.