test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dilithium Exchange is to High at 453

Comments

• varethaelvarethael Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    starmanj wrote: »
    Dilithium Exchange is to High at 453 it really needs to go back down to 155-230 range LOL why did you all get it so high again?

What 453, yesterday it was for 494... it almost hinted the limit.
  • varethaelvarethael Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    joshmaul wrote: »
    I'm not horribly concerned about it being high, it's how quickly it went up. It seems like only maybe a month or two ago (or so it seemed to ME, anyway) that it was in the mid-200s. What changed?

It hasn't been mid 200s for years. New Fleet holdings tend to have some kind of impact on the exchange... until the big fleets finish their holding. The DL Store outfits knocked the price down a couple points, but then was instantly countered by an event.
    I've never had a problem with sub fees from my earliest MMO days and anyone who thinks about it rationally should understand why MMOs require more than just the initial purchase price to maintain them.

That's also you. Not everyone can afford a monthly sub because of other things. There are currently 3 kinds of MMOs.
    • Subscription
    • Buy2Play
    • Free2Play

Sub games tend to be from the bigger companies, and yes the constanty income from people paying subs keeps them going, they also typically have some kind of microtransaction system. FF14 has the Mogstation, which includes items you can get, most of which are cosmetic.
    Buy2Play, like Elder Scrolls Online, needs that initial purchase to get in the door, then has microtransactions for things. Some are cosmetic, but others include some of the DLCs.
    Free2Play relies a lot on microtransactions, but opens the door to everyone to be able to play, and people who enjoy the game generally spend money. STO actually has one of the most generous models in the fact that nothing is behind a paywall and everyone can actually earn pretty much everything in the game. PC players can't grind out a LTS, but I heard that console players can.

How the F2P model is set up is a big factor in the game as well. On the one hand we have STO, which is quite friendly to F2P players. On the other we had Star Wars The Old Republic, that, last time I touched it, you had to give EA $5 just for frakkin' bank access. A BANK! Pretty much a staple service for an MMORPG.

Fact of the matter is F2P opens a game to a wider audience. Means more players, means more potential income.
    ...with the exchange rate of 500 dil to 1 zen, 1 character's daily refinement for a player without liftetime sub and without a fleet (in this case, 8,000) would equal around 16 zen. If the refinement for the dilithum mine is in play, this is bumped to 500 more, so around 17 zen. That means for 1 character, getting a single C-store ship would be 3000 zen or 1,500,000 dilithium, which would take a little over 6 months to accumulate. The more characters though, the less they have to take the time to acquire.

I can vouch for that, as at current market value, I can genrally get about 100 zen, give or take, off 7 characters from Admiralty alone per day. And that's focusing on Ferengi Admiralty and having a bunch of ships already at my disposal that I've collected over the years. Someone who doesn't have that won't be able to get as much even with Ferengi or Klingon Admiralty.

Thank you for backing up my point.

I can say if it wasn't for the fact that STO moved from the Sub model to the F2P model, I honestly wouldn't be able to play today.

I have enjoyed every moment of being in this game. From receiving the Odyssey free ship on my first character, experiencing the closed beta of the Romulans on Tribble, launching into the Delta Quadrant in Delta Rising, and many more memories throughout the 8 years I've been apart of the game.

As it stands, the dilithium exchange is a vital part of the free 2 play experience. All of us need to come together and figure out how we can manage it so that everyone gets the best beneifts.

I agree with you, and hope that it will be reasonable, but... Devs are doing their best to deliberately crash zen exchange, by introducing new, shiny items for zen almost every couple of days (that include T6-X upgrades, titans, T6 vouchers bundle, and so on)... in short after every spikes, market can't stabilize itself before new item comes.
  • starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    Ah just make it 500 lol you all are doing it again this year FYI this is way to high think about it.
  • bcstarbcstar Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    Ah just make it 500 lol you all are doing it again this year FYI this is way to high think about it.

They should just lock it at 500 and be done with it, if I run my characters through missions all day.. at 500 I am being fed every few missions all day long... So 500 isn't as bad as it seems. IF it were like 8k yeah then maybe it would be time to complain.
    klingon%2Bbird%2Bof%2Bprey.jpg

"bortaS bIr jablu'DI' reH QaQqu' nay'"

Revenge is a Dish, Best Served Cold ~ Khan Noonien Singh
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    In Cryptic's Neverwinter, the Astral Exchange has been at Peak (750) per Zen for years. Astral Diamonds is their Dilithium.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    In Cryptic's Neverwinter, the Astral Exchange has been at Peak (750) per Zen for years. Astral Diamonds is their Dilithium.

it could be worse than 500/1 a lot worse if it does cap for long periods of time, I say lock it. because I personally am grateful to get any currency at that ratio from a game.

• postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Kneejerk phoenix promo started up that'll have little to no effect on the exchange. Appears to be only on PC which would tie in with the inflated dilex
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User

What other MMOs are trading at doesn't say anything without the time and effort requirements of obtaining such currency. From gaming friends who do play NW, they indicated it was easier to acquire, unlike STO which has not, especially before Admiralty was a thing.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Doesn't NW have higher demands on the player for what they use their AD's on. Been a while but I seem to recall the gear enchants and levelling of minions required an ever increasing amount with a pricing scheme designed to push people into buying zen to convert.

My memories of that game was a level of disgust over the greedonomics at play and of course the myraid of exploits that did get plugged but not much done to help economic recovery for normal players.
    LOL It so needs to back to 100 Dilithium to 1 Zen any higher you might as well buy the Zen with real money.
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    Lowest I seen it was 239 if I remember well decently pre-ViL and not for long
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    On August 17, 2013 the price was down to the lowest I've ever seen it - 112.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    Lowest price I have ever seen was very low 80's many many years ago (think early-mid 2013)
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    When I joined, it was 151. To farm Dil, it would be a foundry daily bonus mission, some quick missions on Nimbus, daily bonus on Vlucta and eventually fleet mine, doffing, barely had contraband without a KDF toon, and TFOs (STFs). The net daily bonuses per toon would yield 6280 Dilithium, and it required another 4 TFOs to reach the refining limit.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
    At one time I saw it as low as 98 but that was Pemberley during BETA testing of the game.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    At one time I saw it as low as 98 but that was Pemberley during BETA testing of the game.

dilithium did not exist during the beta of the game. Unless you're talking about beta testing of the system.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • askatusaskatus Member Posts: 157 Arc User

Neverwinter has a couple of problems that lead to that. First, much like STO, there is a surplus of AD and not enough to spend them on. But the bigger problem IMO is that they use AD on their equivalent of the Exchange. This means canny traders can rake in much more AD than their daily refining limit. It also means you can make more AD per Zen by buying things from the Cstore and selling those on the Auction House than you can from the AD/Zen exchange even at cap. So no-one sells Zen there, and there's always a huge backlog of people wanting to buy Zen with AD.
    You shoot me down
    But I respawn
    I am duranium!
  • askatusaskatus Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    Also, I can't believe this thread hasn't been executed for necromancy yet.
    You shoot me down
    But I respawn
    I am duranium!
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Redacted
  • yaris8yaris8 Member Posts: 4 Media Corps
    gosh how did it get to such stellar levels??
    Cal_Signature.png
    edited November 2020
    Even at like 474 when i exchanged my 500 Zen, it felt good getting the 234k dil, makes the sting on upgrading my lvl 65's a little less painful. on the flip side of things yeah that might seem like a lot 474/1 but you can easily run 4-6 characters through just a couple of Patrols and 8k dil is roughly 16 - 18 Zen x6 that is a pretty decent amount in a day

Edit: Ya know, if it were to go to 8000+/1 i would actually love it. Because I would be Swimming in Phoenix boxes once a month... /drooool also the revenue they would get for selling lifetime accounts would make getting one a smart investment.

dilithium did not exist during the beta of the game. Unless you're talking about beta testing of the system.

yeah it was During Testing
    foxman00 wrote: »
    Lowest price I have ever seen was very low 80's many many years ago (think early-mid 2013)

Yes that what I was talking about LOL your a Older timer too.
  • livinlifejb90#4082 livinlifejb90 Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    I think the exchange should just be left to do its thing.
    gQytlm7.jpg
This discussion has been closed.