test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

10th Anniversary Legacy Starship Bundles!

Comments

• Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Well, it is stated in the OP that there will be 2 bundles... It seems pretty clear that this first bundle is for the Feddybears. This second bundle, however, could be for the rest of the players who choose not to follow the "metrics" and play something other than the bureaucratic butt-sniffers of the Federation ;)

These two bundles have the same ships, one is just more expensive with a bunch of extras thrown in.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Well, it is stated in the OP that there will be 2 bundles... It seems pretty clear that this first bundle is for the Feddybears. This second bundle, however, could be for the rest of the players who choose not to follow the "metrics" and play something other than the bureaucratic butt-sniffers of the Federation ;)

These two bundles have the same ships, one is just more expensive with a bunch of extras thrown in.

Agree, the 2 bundles being mentioned in context are: the standard legendary & the premium legendary.

The whole concept, "if you buy this you might get that," down the road shouldn't be relied upon & is a huge IF.

If you like this bundle for it's own merits & contents then buy it or not.
  • Options
    racerexiaracerexia Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    Yea, no thank you. Just like Mudd Market stuff this is no special. Other bundles have been worth the purchase, specially the Jem'Hadar, I felt that one gave me great value for my money. The Picard one felt like manipulation of the fans, this one feels like spite against the players.
  • Options
    captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    racerexia wrote: »
    Yea, no thank you. Just like Mudd Market stuff this is no special. Other bundles have been worth the purchase, specially the Jem'Hadar, I felt that one gave me great value for my money. The Picard one felt like manipulation of the fans, this one feels like spite against the players.

That last line of your comment really made me laugh, so thank you.

I agree that this package and its price does feel like a knife in the back, but before anyone can toss out a hearty "well, Cryptic is a business" let's just say that sure it is. Still does not soften the blow of a gouge despite hearing it phrased thataway!

I'm going to opt out of this purchase. There, such worries now endeth for moi. The Khitomer Alliance Battlecruiser on the other hand proves to be the spoonful of sugar to make this packages nasty medicine go down.

• Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User

There ARE two Bundles:

1 - Just the ships for $195 ('sale' price)/$300 full price. (in Zen)

2 - The ships plus a bunch of useless gambling items and a token amount of Dil for $293 ('sale' price)/$450 full price. (in Zen)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User

as others have said, there is only 1 official bundle of ships at 2 price points. the "other" bundle you see in general discussion is fan hope for a future bundle that is more inclusive... I think they are officially deleting any post that is talking about the remaining unannounced ships in the bundle. 6 of the confirmed ships, to date, are featured in the 2nd part of the featured episode.
  • Options
    redwren89redwren89 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    So I've been doing some adding up and this so far makes the bundle (either of them) muchos worth it!

Cost of t6 ships only [in ZEN] (to dampen an otherwise ensuing headache):
    Odyssey = 6000 flagship bundle
    Galaxy = 3000 cstore
    Sovereign = 6500 (cstore+mudd)
    Defiant = 3000 cstore
    NX = 18000 (yes 900 lobi due to average 5 lobi per box assuming 100 zen per key)
    Kelvin = Lockbox so no idea

So far we have a total t6 ship worth of 36500 for the price of 19500 and they aint even told us what the other 4 ships are in this release. And don't forget the cost saving on t5 ships in this bundle.

This is a hugeeee saving
  • Options
    tigeraries wrote: »
    I think they are officially deleting any post that is talking about the remaining unannounced ships in the bundle.

They're even deleting pure speculation if it happens to be accurate. When the bundle was first announced I made a post wondering if they would use a particular design for a particular ship of it happened to be included, and I linked a picture of that design's on-screen appearance for reference. In less than an hour that post was deleted, which was as clear a confirmation as they could have possibly given me that my wild guess was 100% correct and it inspired me to go looking online for any other info. Speculation builds hype, and hype pushes sales, so their current scorched-earth policy regarding anything that hasn't been officially announced just baffles me and is making me seriously reconsider buying the bundle, I haven't purchased the Zen yet incase there's a sale so it's very easy for me to change my mind on this.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    captainjk740captainjk740 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    The devs should allow combat shuttles on all starships, most especially the Galaxy Class. Starships, including Voyager and DS9 war, used shuttles/fighters to help protect against and attack foes. Also, I wish they would not limit weapons on each ship. If they can go up to 5 forward, they can also increase the aft to 5 weapons. I would even accept those slots to be purchased through fleet stores like ship space traits and duty officer slots. It would also be nice if the devs place a special console slots in place like special weapon slots. It would free up tactical, science, and engineering slots for actually needed department specific consoles. In the Odyssey class, there are 6 consoles that either can only fit on Odyssey ships. Any special consoles not fit for the special slots could still appear in the normal console slots, not to exceed 9 special consoles. The remaining open console slots could be used for normal console items.
  • Options
    The devs should allow combat shuttles on all starships, most especially the Galaxy Class. Starships, including Voyager and DS9 war, used shuttles/fighters to help protect against and attack foes. Also, I wish they would not limit weapons on each ship. If they can go up to 5 forward, they can also increase the aft to 5 weapons. I would even accept those slots to be purchased through fleet stores like ship space traits and duty officer slots. It would also be nice if the devs place a special console slots in place like special weapon slots. It would free up tactical, science, and engineering slots for actually needed department specific consoles. In the Odyssey class, there are 6 consoles that either can only fit on Odyssey ships. Any special consoles not fit for the special slots could still appear in the normal console slots, not to exceed 9 special consoles. The remaining open console slots could be used for normal console items.

Completely off topic
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    > @redwren89 said:
    > So I've been doing some adding up and this so far makes the bundle (either of them) muchos worth it!
    >
    > Cost of t6 ships only [in ZEN] (to dampen an otherwise ensuing headache):
    > Odyssey = 6000 flagship bundle
    > Galaxy = 3000 cstore
    > Sovereign = 6500 (cstore+mudd)
    > Defiant = 3000 cstore
    > NX = 18000 (yes 900 lobi due to average 5 lobi per box assuming 100 zen per key)
    > Kelvin = Lockbox so no idea
    >
    > So far we have a total t6 ship worth of 36500 for the price of 19500 and they aint even told us what the other 4 ships are in this release. And don't forget the cost saving on t5 ships in this bundle.
    >
    > This is a hugeeee saving

Assuming you actually want all the ships...yeah, it's a good deal. For us KDF, Rom or Dom fans...not so much. I'm sick of the feddie bears complaining about how expensive this is. They are getting an account unlock lobi ship and a lock box ship so far...for 200 bucks. Probably another lock box ship and promo ship on top of that. If Romulans got something like this, i'd grab it in a heartbeat. People beg for account unlock lobi, lockbox and promo ships and when they get it, they complain about the price when it is a FRACTION of getting those ships on ONE toon.

I think you'll find the biggest casual gamer base is under fed players which is why it's extremely important to maintain options for affordability like single ship sales. That being said, people pour bucket loads of time and money into those crazily expensive lobi lockbox and promoships and putting them in this bundle ensures that getting a lobi ship is still atleast 18k Zen spent, box ticked for marketing team.

I'd grab a romulan bundle in a heartbeat also, assuming there might be a prime universe carrier in there that ain't Kelvin or suliban. Come on that tlaru looks like it flies in reverse. We need a proper romulan carrier and I'll pay 7x single ship pricing for it! XD

Hint: dderidex revampe: fill in the big space between dorsal ventral hulls with hangar bays and show us the meaning of a bloody good design team for it!
  • Options
    terrorkahn#2080 terrorkahn Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    So what happens if you already own some of the ships in the package? Is it discounted or something?
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    No
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    redacted
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,329 Community Moderator
    > @generalbal said:
    > So what happens if you already own some of the ships in the package? Is it discounted or something?

No one owns any of the ships in the bundle. They're all new.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    Oh ok so it’s all new stuff. Thanks.
  • Options
    generalbal wrote: »
    Oh ok so it’s all new stuff. Thanks.

It depends which way you look at it.

Its not all new stuff, its old stuff and new stuff. I wonder though, if they're renovating these tired old ships to more current standards, will they be brushing the old t5 consoles with an update.

I wonder........
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,007 Arc User
    No one owns any of the ships in the bundle. They're all new.
    Well, that's not strictly true -- these are new version of existing ships, most of which can be bought for ship requisition tokens as you level up.
    Still, I like the new versions and wish I had the cash to spare but alas, I'm unable to at this time, and probably won't for a long time either...
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    psycherzpsycherz Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    I don't know if this has been asked and answered. I didn't see it mentioned in the description one way or the other.
    Will all these ships scale in level?
  • Options
    psycherz wrote: »
    I don't know if this has been asked and answered. I didn't see it mentioned in the description one way or the other.

I believe all T6 ships do that now.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Considering I haven't unlocked an Epic Phoenix Prize token as of yet (lucked out with 3 Ultra Rares, though), that's one of the reasons I'm going to get the second version.

On the other hand, from one of the latest Infinity Promo events, I got two ships. I haven't used them yet, and considering both the TOS and Disco Enterprise is part of this pack (yes, different specialties, etc.), I'd be able to use the Promo's for other ships.

Mind you, I'm not going to get it with the assumption that I'm going to get anything other than Lobi Crystals from items in that pack.

Unlike the 'Picard Bundle', this bundle has all T6s, along with the console sets related to these ships. So there's no need to go through the other ships in the ship store to get them back.
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    psycherz wrote: »

Yep, as long as your character is finished the tutorial, you can run around with any of the ships (they are scaleable).
  • Options
    Completely off topic

That is your opinion.

The topic is about the new ships with added designs, stats, and console devices that includes shuttles on the Odyssey ships. The changed stats and consoles (i.e. shuttles) apply to the other designs in each class for the Odyssey, Sovereign, Galaxy, Defiant, NX... ect. If they can add shuttles to Odysseys and Galaxy Xs, it can be done to the standard Galaxy class. With other ships unnamed to come, they could apply similar changes to other ships. Even if changes are made through separate c-store purchases (i.e. bridge officer and inventory slots), then the ships could be further customized per individual tastes.

I like the changes to certain ships already displayed (Odyssey). However, it would be nice to change the other T6 ships to be en par with these ships in this promotion. They can make similar changes, or do c-store options to save time; they would still make money off the options.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    > @evilmark444 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I believe all T6 ships do that now.
    Look at the parentheses statement after the listing of the number of Consoles.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Completely off topic

That is your opinion.

The topic is about the new ships with added designs, stats, and console devices that includes shuttles on the Odyssey ships. The changed stats and consoles (i.e. shuttles) apply to the other designs in each class for the Odyssey, Sovereign, Galaxy, Defiant, NX... ect. If they can add shuttles to Odysseys and Galaxy Xs, it can be done to the standard Galaxy class. With other ships unnamed to come, they could apply similar changes to other ships. Even if changes are made through separate c-store purchases (i.e. bridge officer and inventory slots), then the ships could be further customized per individual tastes.

I like the changes to certain ships already displayed (Odyssey). However, it would be nice to change the other T6 ships to be en par with these ships in this promotion. They can make similar changes, or do c-store options to save time; they would still make money off the options.

Well ofcourse, its an educated opinion, its a forum!

On the subject of which, I'm glad you think these ships are bringing in more standardised stats. Just a shame we have to wait for similar changes to other ships that really dont feel T6 in the current power climate - I mean cross-factional and faction specific ships, that would be great albeit a time consuming job.

That being said, if they gave the most iconic ships everything like you are suggesting, then it would significantly reduce sales on less iconic ships with similar stats. By your logic, they could put a hangar bay almost any t6 ship but that would further cloud the already muddled choice of ships to fly.
    Post edited by redwren89 on
  • Options
    caijamin#9709 caijamin Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Not seeing this news item anymore.
  • Options
    Not seeing this news item anymore.

That means the next reveal is incoming.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    Well of course, its an educated opinion, its a forum!

On the subject of which, I'm glad you toshink these ships are bringing in more standardised stats. Just a shame we have to wait for similar changes to other ships that really dont feel T6 in the current power climate - I mean cross-factional and faction specific ships, that would be great albeit a time consuming job.

That being said, if they gave the most iconic ships everything like you are suggesting, then it would significantly reduce sales on less iconic ships with similar stats. By your logic, they could put a hangar bay almost any t6 ship but that would further cloud the already muddled choice of ships to fly.

1) I hold 3 higher education degrees, including Master of Accounting with well over 18 credit hours in taxation laws.

2) What I have suggested, I did not say to apply to all ships. The suggestions should be applied to T6 ships. For newer players, money would still have to be spent in the c-store. However, even existing players, would have to purchase changes from the c-store. They have made a number of ships, mainly T6 ships, available to be played at all levels with restrictions built in until all slots are open at level 65. People would have the choice of making micro transactions, or spending a larger amount on a newer ship design with additional consoles. People do not have to buy any T6 ships to play. Players could stick with the standard game ships throughout the story line. Many ships that were added over the years were only different designs with the same slots as the free ship you get at each level. There is no real need to buy anything from the c-store. Those who have played the game for the last 10 years are more likely to spend the money on expansions and upgrades. All ships, even with shuttle access, do not have the same stats (i.e. hull strength, maneuverability...). As it is optional to buy additional character, bridge officer, inventory and bank slots that are not really needed for purchase, micro transactions can add money to the company coffers. There are several starships in the game that have the same slots as lesser vessel classes. The main differences are related to both the inherent stats (hull strength, etc...) and the player's personal preference for each particular ship. What does not make sense is that certain ships have shuttles over other ships (Galaxy X, but not Galaxy Class). There can still be limits placed on the number of shuttles allowed to be deployed at a particular time. As for adding consoles, why add new characters or new bridge officer slots? Why not delete the a character or existing bridge officer? Why go to the officer store, instead of just taking the officers given completing missions? Why buy the latest c-store design ship when the game can be played just fine without newer ship designs? It all goes to an individual's personal tastes to customize their ships the way they see fit.
This discussion has been closed.