test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Borg Resurgence!

Comments

• Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    ...tweaked fail conditions to be communicated better and have margins of failure...
    Does this indicate they've ADDED fail conditions? Seeing as none of the three named queues previously had any. Except maybe Into The Hive Elite.

Would be awesome if it does. :smiley:
  • Options
    smacairtsmacairt Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    (Trolling, ranting comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    tigeraries wrote: »
    choice of pistol, rifle and assault weapon would of been nice... instead with are forced to use sniper and blast... 2 of the worse types weapons out there.

I tend to agree, giving options is almost always good. I like the Compression, but the other two are not my usual selections.

This would be a great way to slip the Harvester-pattern armors back into the game after getting denied the chance of getting it six years ago when my accolade progress was reset to zero just one Cure Ground away from completing all Elite missions.

It does seem a bit of a missed opportunity to not re-introduce that Harvester again & why not introduce the Quietus & Reaper then too.

I like the innovative Cyclical Modulation mechanic of energy types so kudos to Cryptic on that. I wonder if it will be usable by my full BOFF team or just me. Everything else seems standard for this event/mode & I'm looking forward to it. Already earned my T6 free ship coupon, during last event, so that takes a bite out of some of the incentive, but that is a good problem to have I suppose.

• Options
    mikeblackwolfmikeblackwolf Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    About time we got some content with actual MEAT to it. looking forward to those new toys as well
    A good start to 2020
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I'm hoping to see next Roadmap this month.

I'm glad the Borg stopped the heavy breathing they used to do in the game (which they did while they were in the Regeneration Alcoves). I wonder if we'll be able to have appropriate Stances for Borg (Cooperative) players, if/when/maybe/if ever we get/not get them, let alone for *crossing fingers for luck* Android player characters?

Anyways, sounds like the weapon set would be nice to reduce the number of weapons in the inventory, esp. when it comes to trying to do the Personal Endeavors.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    robeasom wrote: »
    Pity they are not making them harder as the Borg should be.

If you want harder, play Advanced or Elite and not Normal.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    djblack71#6265 djblack71 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Did I miss when this event supposed to start, has it already started I have read the announcement over and over and I cant find where it says when it starts.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Tuesday January 7th.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    conradhauserconradhauser Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    frtoaster wrote: »
    You know, I'm not sure this new Cyclical Modulation gimmick is worth giving up the melee attack for, especially with such a long the animation (as shown in the GIF). Knockback is actually useful in both Cure Ground and Infected Ground.

the GIF seems to be dead
    are they new weapons?
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    robeasom wrote: »
    Pity they are not making them harder as the Borg should be.

If you want harder, play Advanced or Elite and not Normal.

I do still not much of a challenge
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    At least I can still use my last 13 tokens.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    good thing is that you can do space for this event... I hate the ground ques... you have consoles you need to use and who has time to read it all... have a pop up graphic showing where you can effect the shields for which button you press. or objects buried inside landscape and so you cant interact with it.
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    I'm hoping they actually start updating the LTS Borg stuff, as well. Like full body coverage for the infected complexion or updating/adding more parts. With Picard being a Borg related series, I'm hoping that THIS update is just the tip of the incoming Borg love.
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Well for the KDF everything is a lockbox and you get lucky when you win the accolade. Does make me wonder how high my accolades would be if they actually completed when I supposedly did what the accolade is for lol :D
  • Options
    wthrman#2128 wthrman Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    The Borg have returned, in force. The Borg Resurgence event is coming next week, and it will be your last chance, in this event, to progress towards a free T6 Ship!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11335943-the-borg-resurgence!

If I want a T6 ship I'll buy one. I don't need Cryptic to manipulate me into getting one, and I resent the fact that they are. Hard pass on all of this "free" stuff, because manipulation is what it really is. People DO NOT appreciate being treated like idiots. We know these are just marketing tactics that have the company's interest in mind, NOT ours. Treat us with respect and we'll respect you (which means giving you money).
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    The Borg have returned, in force. The Borg Resurgence event is coming next week, and it will be your last chance, in this event, to progress towards a free T6 Ship!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11335943-the-borg-resurgence!

If I want a T6 ship I'll buy one. I don't need Cryptic to manipulate me into getting one, and I resent the fact that they are. Hard pass on all of this "free" stuff, because manipulation is what it really is. People DO NOT appreciate being treated like idiots. We know these are just marketing tactics that have the company's interest in mind, NOT ours. Treat us with respect and we'll respect you (which means giving you money).

You can still buy a Tier 6 ship but this is the final event to get the free Tier 6 ship from the C-Store. Cryptic is not manipulating you into getting anything, you can decide to get it or not, the ball is in your court. So you should not resent it either since you are not being forced to do so. You are not being treated like an idiot. How do you know they are not treating you with respect and don't respect you? What is your hang up?
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    sthe91 wrote: »

You can still buy a Tier 6 ship but this is the final event to get the free Tier 6 ship from the C-Store. Cryptic is not manipulating you into getting anything, you can decide to get it or not, the ball is in your court. So you should not resent it either since you are not being forced to do so. You are not being treated like an idiot. How do you know they are not treating you with respect and don't respect you? What is your hang up?

In total agreement with sthe91 on this one. We have the control to accept or decline regardless. Worse case one might make a bad decision & then that will only reinforce making a better decision down the proverbial road.

I guess I don't understand this wthrman's complaint. For example, I already earned this latest free T6 ship coupon near the end of the last round of content, but I plan to still participate in this round to earn the smaller trinkets. I still think Cryptic takes a 2-steps forward 1 step-back in most things, but Cryptic is a business so it benefits them to have the majority of us players/customers happy & I think they know that.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User

Of course they have the company's interest in mind. But that doesn't change that they have to do something for it that is also beneficial for their customer, otherwise it tends to work poorly.

If you hate playing the Borg Queues more than you enjoy whatever reward playing them could give you, sure, don't do it, but it doesn't matter if the company is hurting itself running this event or is making it to improve its bottom line.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    Looking at this upcoming Borg Resurgence I'm still looking forward to it & the rewards offered, but rereading it again I'm disappointed that Cryptic didn't offer a plasma-omni-beam. It would've fit too theme-wise being Borg. Plasma is still the only omni-beam without a mission reward option while the other 5 energy types do. There are a handful of lobi omni-beams then over 20 from lock boxes lol. Oh well, maybe if Cryptic offers a new mission for the Picard series including the Borg.
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    This would be a great way to slip the Harvester-pattern armors back into the game after getting denied the chance of getting it six years ago when my accolade progress was reset to zero just one Cure Ground away from completing all Elite missions.

Same happened to me. One of the PUG I was playing with smashed the tube I was supposed to walk through? When another PUG asked him why he responded that he thought everyone had already got that accolade.

I hope that none of this will TRIBBLE up the existing Armors auto remodulation.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    You know, I'm not sure this new Cyclical Modulation gimmick is worth giving up the melee attack for, especially with such a long the animation (as shown in the GIF). Knockback is actually useful in both Cure Ground and Infected Ground.
    Is that the only time it's useful? If so just use a real melee weapon.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User

the GIF seems to be dead
    are they new weapons?

I'm not sure why you can't see the GIF. It works for me. Try this:

https://media.giphy.com/media/kcNz0jTzPT6Ecl3jtc/giphy.gif
    https://media.giphy.com/media/kcNz0jTzPT6Ecl3jtc/giphy.mp4
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User

That's nice, but believe it or not, there are people who are either short on cash, Exchange/Dil/Zen farming skills, etc., or just want to play the game purely as free-to-play. Until they give ship tokens for T6, like they do for the earlier tier ships, this is the best way to get the regular, non-event T6 ships.

No one is holding this over your head, so you can go ahead and skip it if you like.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I'm hoping they actually start updating the LTS Borg stuff, as well. Like full body coverage for the infected complexion or updating/adding more parts. With Picard being a Borg related series, I'm hoping that THIS update is just the tip of the incoming Borg love.
    Agreed, I want to make a costume with that. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    wthrman#2128 wthrman Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
  • Options
    farginaut#6835 farginaut Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    I've always avoided the Borg stuff due to being temporarily blinded and the instant migraine from antiproton weapons(the only exceptions being the Iconian and Undine versions as they are not that agonizing frequency of red.). Another reason I avoided Crystaline Entity and Second Wave campain, the newer version ap-sweep from Jem'Hadar ships. My we please have an option to use the older canon version of it? Also an option to switch all ap visuals to Iconian or Undine version? This gives weapons that force me use that painful trash. Totally turned off by this. I hope this doesn't kill my ship token progress by not subjecting myself to this.

Thanks for listening.
This discussion has been closed.