test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Borg Resurgence!

1235»

Comments

• culexofborgculexofborg Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    This said, I'd suggest merging two aforementioned suggestions: 30 seconds timer that can be prematurely ended once everyone presses a dedicated button to start earlier.

That is a FANTASTIC idea, there are already examples of options and actions that rely on all people of a team to action on. Such as map transfers and the fact that when doing episode missions as a team the dialog boxes spawn and clear for everyone.. Tweaking those existing examples for a team wide agreement to "get on with it" shouldn't be very difficult to implement and WOULD be of great benefit to groups who play queues all the time and know what to do.

Very constructive. Now we can only hope cryptic gives the idea the time of day.

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    A quick question to those who have tested the modulating weapons, do the Borg adapt to the various energy types?

They will be slower to adapt since the energy type can be switched rapidly (and probably will be switched every 3 shots to keep the shield and armor pen going) but do the Borg still adapt eventually to the various energy types?

(Do we still need a frequency remodulator as backup for the weapon)
    Yeah but they have to adapt 6 times and that takes them a while.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    A quick question to those who have tested the modulating weapons, do the Borg adapt to the various energy types?

They will be slower to adapt since the energy type can be switched rapidly (and probably will be switched every 3 shots to keep the shield and armor pen going) but do the Borg still adapt eventually to the various energy types?

(Do we still need a frequency remodulator as backup for the weapon)
    Yeah but they have to adapt 6 times and that takes them a while.

Too bad it's not the borg adapting to your weapons but you getting debuffed to do nil damage with a particular energy type.

realistically... if you have an away team of 5 people each with phasers but each modulated to a different frequency... if a borg adapted to 1 phaser... the other 4 should still go thru right?

right now if your fighting borg... you will need to hit that modulator sooner or later if your doing ground content with borg unless your doing physical (and kinetic?) dmg. if a borg adapts to an energy type... it will stay on you period... you will fill up your debuff bar with multiple borg adapts to X till you modulate.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    There is one positive thing:

as the borg tfos are no longer in the list of random tfos, it is possible to play at the others; I don't spend my time in those crappy borg tfos.

Before their removal from the random list, it was masochistic to click on the random button.

Alas, it is just a short moment of grace.
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    The targeting laser of my Cyclical Modulation Sniper Rifle appears to fire from my foot?
    http://fav.me/ddosatt
    http://fav.me/ddosaqi
    Post edited by thlaylierah on
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    The targeting laser of my Cyclical Modulation Sniper Rifle appears to fire from my foot?

That is hilarious. I'm sure just another Cryptic bug, but one of the better ones imo.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    My team and i went into Infected the conduit and we had a malfunction. The borg fleet attacked us BEFORE the timer ran out and they got destroyed. The tfo never progressed and we got hit with a 30 min punishment for something WE didnt do, because we were forced to abandon it.! NOT GOOD!. NEED FIX!
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    What I really like about the cyclic weapons is, for my 65 level toon, the weapons are Mk XIV Very Rare (Purple) right from the box, and puting it on BOFF allows to get another one - so, my whole away team will get Mk XIV weapons - really nice B)
    saber1973a wrote: »
    What I really like about the cyclic weapons is, for my 65 level toon, the weapons are Mk XIV Very Rare (Purple) right from the box, and puting it on BOFF allows to get another one - so, my whole away team will get Mk XIV weapons - really nice B)

Agreed, I like when Cryptic does this for the player & the players' BOFFs.
    edited January 2020

Yes. this is Awesome!
  • mslefaye#9397 mslefaye Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    I have been having this issue as well.

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,442 Arc User

Also, please post in the PC Gameplay Bug Reports section of the forums. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
    sthe91 wrote: »

Also, please post in the PC Gameplay Bug Reports section of the forums. Thanks. :)

Done. Also Bug Report generated in game.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User

How well does that work? If you select the next cycle, do they also cycle up or do they cycle whenever they feel like it?

I'm just curious if my BOFFs can all be in sync with my Captain. It would be cool if the BOFFs all fired, say. Plasma when I did.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.

How well does that work? If you select the next cycle, do they also cycle up or do they cycle whenever they feel like it?

I'm just curious if my BOFFs can all be in sync with my Captain. It would be cool if the BOFFs all fired, say. Plasma when I did.

I was tinkering around with it on Nimbus & here's my observations. I armed myself with a Compression, then gave 3 of my BOFFs a Compression, Sniper, & the Assault. The BOFFs don't immediately rotate & synchronize to your energy type. It seems once the BOFFs have rotated to your energy type they cease rotating, but I could be wrong on that.

I went from Phaser/Disruptor to Antiproton then viewed my BOFFs while battling & they would end up on two or three different energy types while rotating so perhaps when they are rotating after they do the 3 shots for maximum efficiency then rotate.

Anytime you change a map you revert back to Phaser it seems. If you mouse-hover over the actual weapon on your character page it will still say "phaser" so maybe a tool-tip bug.

However, down on your abilities tool-bar if you mouse-hover over your weapon buttons it will give you the correct energy type. Also, when in battle your main & 2ndary fire tool-bar emblems light up with the appropriate energy type color (nice detail there Cryptic).

I think it would be nice for the ability to make your away team all be in unison too with energy type. Perhaps if Cryptic implemented a right-click emblem similar to the Dominion Vanguard wingmen ability &/or hangar-pet so when you right-click it, it turns green, then your away team will rotate energy types when you do.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User

I was tinkering around with it on Nimbus & here's my observations. I armed myself with a Compression, then gave 3 of my BOFFs a Compression, Sniper, & the Assault. The BOFFs don't immediately rotate & synchronize to your energy type. It seems once the BOFFs have rotated to your energy type they cease rotating, but I could be wrong on that.

I went from Phaser/Disruptor to Antiproton then viewed my BOFFs while battling & they would end up on two or three different energy types while rotating so perhaps when they are rotating after they do the 3 shots for maximum efficiency then rotate.

Anytime you change a map you revert back to Phaser it seems. If you mouse-hover over the actual weapon on your character page it will still say "phaser" so maybe a tool-tip bug.

However, down on your abilities tool-bar if you mouse-hover over your weapon buttons it will give you the correct energy type. Also, when in battle your main & 2ndary fire tool-bar emblems light up with the appropriate energy type color (nice detail there Cryptic).

I think it would be nice for the ability to make your away team all be in unison too with energy type. Perhaps if Cryptic implemented a right-click emblem similar to the Dominion Vanguard wingmen ability &/or hangar-pet so when you right-click it, it turns green, then your away team will rotate energy types when you do.

Thanks. I think I try a test like this om Nimbus myself some time soon. :: thumbs up ::
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
This discussion has been closed.