test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thoughts on what you'd like for 10th Anniversary Ship?

Comments

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Good god I hate that ship. The mission where you are forced to use it is painful...and all my toons use the 3 piece set which means I have had to run that mission WAY too many times. If not for the mission that "shows off" that ship, I probably would have gotten the Romulan bundle as I thought it looked cool. Now...never. If they make a T6 bundle...yeah still no. That mission ruined that ship line for me forever.

It's not as bad these days, if you do it at 65. The enemy ships are locked at 50 so however scaling works definitely makes it easier. The original mission had to be done at 50 since it was pre DR.
    Easier has nothing to do with it. A hard mission would've been good. The mission was bad because of the hassle of setting up the ship, ability trays, keybinds, etc every time for a ship you play for 10 minutes. And possibly fixing your own ship's stuff afterwards because they got effed up by the override.

Same as all the "ship ad" -missions.

Well I never bothered with fixing hotbars because you don't sit in these ships for long. Most of these missions don't hurt you for doing that because they give you some slightly OP powers to make up for that fact that you didn't build the ship and had to deal with messy bars.

The issue with the original run of step between stars, though, was the fact that it threw a lot of big ships at you with a mediocre build and not so OP powers to deal with them. I remember it being an utter slog. Instead of 10 minutes in that ship it was 20, and the other missions with the Ambassador and the Obelisk are more like 5. Doing it at 65 these days makes a difference in making it a lot easier and less of a slog.
    There has never been anything in the episodes I would call even remotely hard. The only thing I dislike about Step Between Stars and its like, is the choice between playing with uncomfortable random mishmash UI and no keybinds or wasting a lot of time straightening them out for a ship that's going away after the mission.

Like, why can't the game remember how I set up my trays so next time I play the same mission, it would be all set to go?
    That said, yeah messing up hotbars is obnoxious. It is annoying doing it every single time for a new ship, especially if you are just flying with it for a trait. It is baffling that they can't keep captain abilities as a constant between ships. There should be no reason to have to lay out captain powers every single time.
    Indeed. They have implemented option to copy gear over when switching ships, so why can't they do the same for boffs and tray layouts?
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,497 Arc User
    I agree with the suggestions so far, T6ed Dyson destroyers would be the best for uprated older ships with the Star Cruiser (maybe even a Dyson version of it) and its equivalents from other factions would be a close second.

If they were to do new builds it would be good to see some combined tech ships for the Alliance. One that, while technically all Romulan, that would be very cool would be a Rom/Dewan mix like a Mogai variant with four to six Dewan "pusher prop" engines on the back of the wings sort of like a realworld B-36 or the fictional BV-38 from "Raiders of the Lost Ark". Slap on the Dyson ceramic finish as the "native" material and it could be something from the Dyson sphere factories.

On a component level for a combined Alliance ship a good mechanic would be to have the core slot be automatically warp or singularity depending on the faction of the captain.
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    Hrm....So if they pump out ten ships...That means six for feds, and one for KDF, one for JH, and one for Romulans(no warbird guarantee either), and one used by all factions. If we're lucky. Or it could mean seven for feds, two for KDF, one used by all factions.
    I agree with the suggestions so far, T6ed Dyson destroyers would be the best for uprated older ships with the Star Cruiser (maybe even a Dyson version of it) and its equivalents from other factions would be a close second.

If they were to do new builds it would be good to see some combined tech ships for the Alliance. One that, while technically all Romulan, that would be very cool would be a Rom/Dewan mix like a Mogai variant with four to six Dewan "pusher prop" engines on the back of the wings sort of like a realworld B-36 or the fictional BV-38 from "Raiders of the Lost Ark". Slap on the Dyson ceramic finish as the "native" material and it could be something from the Dyson sphere factories.

On a component level for a combined Alliance ship a good mechanic would be to have the core slot be automatically warp or singularity depending on the faction of the captain.

I think the people who liked the look of the toilet scrubber buddies Dewan ships can be counted on one Mickey Mouse hand, and that includes you. I would rather do the mission with the Dyson transformer ship twenty-two times a day(once for each of my pylons) for two months straight than see more of those abominable designs revisited and continued.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2019
    I
    burstorion wrote: »
    What I'd like to see is a ship that canonically has been worked upon by all the factions - Fed, KDF, Dominion and Romulans incorporating the best parts of each ship design philosophy in function (ie versatility of seats/firepower for KDF, singularity and rbc for Roms, Science for Fed and vanguard like options from the dominion) and aesthetics (maybe four versions of the same ship with differing aesthetics you can kitbash; the 'hero' ship for the event story being a mix of all four)

I'd also like to see the same thing you speak of here. I really see the technology of Dyson, especially with their unique hull materials, or their more standard material design, being an early precursor to some of the first ships all Faction start to build together...

Hense why I think they'd make a good Temporal Line, even if there are still some designs elements, or skins more unique to specific factions. <3
    Just give us a Borg cube, or queen diamond ship lol

I've always thought a Collective Borg Ship would be something really cool to see, but not sure if we'd ever see it.
    a t6 Excalibur would be nice.

maybe some of the concept art of ships they were thinking of making, from way back when, finally made, yes? :)

This would also be a nice choice, or possibly even a Nova variant as well.

I'd honestly love to see an event ship, from time to time, whose main Hull changes based the Character's Faction. Yet that would require a bit more preplanning as it be at least two skin's designs to consider.
    reyan01 wrote: »
    A T6 remodel of one of the Star Cruisers, since those ships were some of the earliest examples of home-baked designs in the game, and have been there from the start.
    y0gjhES.jpg
    (not my pic)

Star Cruiser is also another great choice, that be nice to see with an update, possibly also a Klingon inspired Variant.

So many 'great' idea's that people are coming up with! Maybe we won't see these during the 10th Anniversary, but possibly they might inspire Cryptic. Why I love seeing all the idea's generated...
    thay8472 wrote: »
    TYPHOON!!!!

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Typhoon_Class_Battleship

I remember when our Federation crews in one Episode where we were asked to do a battle simulation against one. A Typhoon variant would also be quite nice edition for the 10th, it also be great if the Klingons had a slight variant of the Ship.

Yea you finish on a great point. While I like the Dyson, or the Star Cruiser, the Typhoon is also another great choice.

I think all would make great ships offerings, be they as temporal, miracle worker, or command ships. It be nice as I've dropped a few hints so see a event ship with 1/2 different skins based on the faction of the Captain, perhaps even include the type of Core the ship slots as well.

I remember back when the Mycelial network post first came out and they hinted that Stamet's claimed the Elachi ship had a Spore Drive that put his to shame. Then recently I saw another Mycelial network post but included only a graphic with no text.

Still I know what ever they have come up with, I'm pretty sure the 10th anniversary will be quite good!

@ambassadorkael#6946

I'd be surprised if any of the idea's mentioned above are implemented; just think it would be cool if they are not, then perhaps they might hit the radar in future.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    solanae T6 ship; the design of this ship is unique.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,296 Community Moderator
    ^There is nothing in his reply @coldnapalm that suggests to negate your opinion. It reads as a simple offering of his own opinion. Why be so sensitive and try to instigate an argument?
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    solanae T6 ship; the design of this ship is unique.

Yea I think so as well, still there are several nice idea's we've seen suggested, and everyone is going to have their favorite's...
    0zxlclk.png
  • jr20mb13jr20mb13 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    since its 10 ships coming and its the 10th anniversary, its kind of a big deal. I would throw out a guess that its going to be *lesser/modified t6 versions of hero ships we've seen through out the shows and movies. for an easy example, say a dsc connie with no hanger pet slots or a dderidex thats more tactical based, a d7 thats 4/2 and a pilot ship, kind of how jems got the free t5 bug, like a wicked hero ship but not as powerful as the promo version
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    A mirror Universe Defiant would be nice
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
      Nemesis skin for the Sovereign correct me if i'm wrong but I think we have the Insurrection skin at present.
      maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
    • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
      Which ship(S)..

If it is for a giveaway then i will exclude TOS, JH and Disco ships from the list (besides i don't really fancy any of them) since they're relatively new.

I'll opt for
      * Negh'tev https://sto.gamepedia.com/Negh'Tev_Heavy_Battlecruiser Got my eye on this for some time but not enough for purchase
      * https://sto.gamepedia.com/Jaeih_Science_Pilot_Warbird At one time considered one of the best ships ingame, but since at the time it was bound to only Romulans i never picked it up
      * The T5 Bort and Scimitar packs.

I know I'm greedy, but isn't that the whole point of this thread.

B.t.w. Mandatory T6 Nova and Oberth as anniversary gifts. Possibly with Rom and KDF variants.
      This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
      shadowkosh wrote: »
      Give us a T6 Oberth or Nova

I've seen several want these ships; honestly surprised it's not be released to Cstore yet.
      0zxlclk.png
    • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
      questerius wrote: »
      Which ship(S)..

If it is for a giveaway then i will exclude TOS, JH and Disco ships from the list (besides i don't really fancy any of them) since they're relatively new.

I'll opt for
      * Negh'tev https://sto.gamepedia.com/Negh'Tev_Heavy_Battlecruiser Got my eye on this for some time but not enough for purchase
      * https://sto.gamepedia.com/Jaeih_Science_Pilot_Warbird At one time considered one of the best ships ingame, but since at the time it was bound to only Romulans i never picked it up

B.t.w. Mandatory T6 Nova and Oberth as anniversary gifts. Possibly with Rom and KDF variants.

Personally I'd recommend the Ty'Gokor over the Negh'Tev, and I have both. They are nearly identical, with a tiny difference in boff layout, except the Ty'Gokor is a full command ship with more command seating and the command inspirations, has a hangar, a much better trait, and is at fleet level by default. The Negh'Tev has 1more base turn rate and what is probably the better console, but it can only go on the Negh'Tev (and unlike the counterpart Fed and Rom ships isn't part of a set.) Obviously they look a bit different, and that may matter most.
      Which ship(S)..

I'll opt for

Personally I'd recommend the Ty'Gokor over the Negh'Tev, and I have both. They are nearly identical, with a tiny difference in boff layout, except the Ty'Gokor is a full command ship with more command seating and the command inspirations, has a hangar, a much better trait, and is at fleet level by default. The Negh'Tev has 1more base turn rate and what is probably the better console, but it can only go on the Negh'Tev (and unlike the counterpart Fed and Rom ships isn't part of a set.) Obviously they look a bit different, and that may matter most.

Already have that one. The Negh'Tev would be more along the lines of filling out the roster and not something i would actually use. On my KDF i generally prefer the intel ships or BoP as far as playstyle is concerned.
      This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
      Which ship(S)..

I'll opt for

Already have that one. The Negh'Tev would be more along the lines of filling out the roster and not something i would actually use. On my KDF i generally prefer the intel ships or BoP as far as playstyle is concerned.

Oh, fair enough. Don't forget it comes in a cross faction pack with the T6 versions of Galaxy and D'deridex. Those both have sets for their consoles which can be interesting. I put together a build I like on the D'Khellra using several Romulan ship consoles and the Andromeda console I use with the Galaxy X and its console sets.
      edited December 2019
      Which ship(S)..

I'll opt for

Oh, fair enough. Don't forget it comes in a cross faction pack with the T6 versions of Galaxy and D'deridex. Those both have sets for their consoles which can be interesting. I put together a build I like on the D'Khellra using several Romulan ship consoles and the Andromeda console I use with the Galaxy X and its console sets.

It is good advice and some i chose to ignore at some time point in the past since i have the T6 versions of the Galaxy and D'D but not the Negh'Tev.
      In hindsight it would have been better to save up for the 3pack but at the time i could only see myself using the Fed and Rom versions and not the KDF. It was a bit of an impulse buy during a sale. Had enough dil for the fed and Rom versions, but not enough for the 3-pack.
      Post edited by questerius on
    • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
      T6 Voquv or T6 Kar'fi or T6 Bulwark - any would be awesome of these.
    • ensignrandensignrand Member Posts: 61 Arc User
      I was thinking a T6 Exeter would be REALLY nice
      Remember, getting mad at me and taking it out on your keyboard.... just means you need a new keyboard ;)
    • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,497 Arc User
      ensignrand wrote: »
      I was thinking a T6 Exeter would be REALLY nice

True, it would be nice to have a T6 with kitbash options like the Fed "Cruiser" and the Klingon "Tactical Battle Cruiser" have at their T5/T5u level. I like the look of the Klinzhai class variant more than the look of the Ty'Gokor class, and the Vesper over the Exeter for instance but if they uprated a "kit" ship like that it would satisfy a lot more people than a fixed-configuration single-skin ship would and at least in theory it would not take any extra effort since the variant model parts are already there.
    • ensignrandensignrand Member Posts: 61 Arc User
      Exeter can use the parts off the other Connie varients ;)
      Remember, getting mad at me and taking it out on your keyboard.... just means you need a new keyboard ;)
    • steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
      edited December 2019
      I'm thinking that the 10th Anniversary would be a good time to release T6 versions of things we don't yet have, so I'll go with those.

For example, T6 Luna (Riker/Titan Class?), T6 Olympic (Crusher/Pasteur Class?), T6 Constellation (Picard/Stargazer Class?), T6 Nova (Kim/Rhode Island Class?) and T6 Oberth (Grissom Class?).
    • steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
      reyan01 wrote: »
      Nova isn't on the agenda.

According to whom?
    This discussion has been closed.