test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

• Options
    xungnguyenxungnguyen Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    Looking forward to S4 btw.
    temporal_lapras__royal_flagship__by_lapry101-dbutq96.png

"Simba, you have forgotten me. You have forgotten who you are … you are my son and the one true king." (Mufasa)
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    I've still not seen season 3 yet
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
      This was a great recap..

Man, I love this show. I am counting the days till Season 4 starts.
      Insert witty signature line here.
    • Options
      I like how they do the space combat with everything as realistic as it could be.
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      • Options
        starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
        The first few episodes of The Expanse was a great Hard SF series before they introduced the protomolecule. Now it is just a great SF series.
      • Options
        The Donnager battle was really well done as well as the Spin Station battle
        NMXb2ph.png
        • Options
          nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
          Lol i actually thought this was a Question about the one seen in Enterprise.
          Cant wait for season 4 though.
          0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
        • Options
          lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
          I gave the Expanse a second chance , folks were right it does get better.
        • Options
          xungnguyenxungnguyen Member Posts: 233 Arc User
          Yeah lol. If you like The Expanse, you should watch BSG, Babylon 5, and/or GoT.
          temporal_lapras__royal_flagship__by_lapry101-dbutq96.png

"Simba, you have forgotten me. You have forgotten who you are … you are my son and the one true king." (Mufasa)
        • Options
          lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
          > @xungnguyen said:
          > Yeah lol. If you like The Expanse, you should watch BSG, Babylon 5, and/or GoT.

I have watched and loved B5, I would be willing to give BSG another chance at future date, and loved GoT at first, but they killed the last character I liked and ruin another, so I just lost interest.
        • Options
          B5 and BSG are superb
          NMXb2ph.png
          • Options
            garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
            S4 is a bit dragged out ,i would rather see different planets every 2 eps. or so
          • Options
            sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
            I really liked the S4, not the best season, but it opens a lot of possibilities
          • Options
            wolva10wolva10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
            binge watched all of session 4 in one day....gonna go do it again soon too, loved it and opens up a few new possible arcs
          • Options
            sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
            xungnguyen wrote: »

it is not comparable at all. babylon 5 sucks, BSG is just boring with all the religious TRIBBLE, GOT is a fantasy show. The expanse is approvedby most of the scientists (ships, techs etc), and the plot is very evolved.
          • Options
            phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
            edited December 2019
            xungnguyen wrote: »

it is not comparable at all. babylon 5 sucks, BSG is just boring with all the religious TRIBBLE, GOT is a fantasy show. The expanse is approvedby most of the scientists (ships, techs etc), and the plot is very evolved.

On a plot level there is not as much difference between fantasy and sci-fi as some think. Though I have only seen about half of the first season of GoT (during one of those free weekend things) I suspect what xungnguyen is referring to is the fact that both GoT and The Expanse are (to oversimplify it a bit) full of hair-trigger factions all stumbling around essentially blind with different pieces of the overall puzzle and trying to kill or dominate all the other ones.

B5 was a rather straightforward but still near-strategic level medium-softish sci-fi (or at least most of the main arc was), while NuBSG used a limited form of the GoT style backbiting but with only two factions which made for a bit less of the free-for-all chaos.

None of the three had quite as much of the horror genre mixed in as The Expanse does but they do share a lot of features in varying degrees under the surface.
          • Options
            markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
            B5 had a significant amount of horror associated with the old races.
            -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
            My character Tsin'xing
            Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
          • Options
            mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
            season 4.. hmm, i didn't think much of it in the end. a little too much politics and too much exploration into one thing and not a lot on any other thing. similar to enterprise season 3, but this one seems like it is going to drag out over season 5 as well.

guess we will see if it works out, but it did drag on a little longer than i would of liked. Roberta Draper's character was reduced to an also ran rather than as a full character. I wouldn't mind seeing more of Frankie Adams on the screen though, especially in that martian battlesuit. :tongue:
            T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
            Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
          • Options
            I was afraid the new season on Amazon might be a dumpster fire but it was pretty good, looking forward to more. When that will happen, though, who knows. I am ambivalent about releasing all the content in one shot and I watched it all in two nights. Avasarala's potty mouth was a bit forced, could live without it.
            qaAuoh7.gif
          • Options
            mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
            Avasarala's potty mouth was a bit forced, could live without it.

i actually found that ironically the most amusing thing in the whole season, her refreshingly overtly-brutal rude comments. yet i don't pay much mind to such things in general any more. Sort of sad her personality got dragged down a little more this season to fill such a comedic release from the season long arc of seriousness.
            T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
            Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
          • Options
            legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
            as fast as the plot needs them to be - same as any show​​
            Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
            An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
            A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
            A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
            "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
            Passion and Serenity are one.
            I gain power by understanding both.
            In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
            I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
            The Force is united within me.