test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Phoenix Prize pack event would be nice...

iamjmphiamjmph Member Posts: 210 Arc User
We just had a bonus dil weekend, we have a bonus upgrade weekend coming soonish, and the exchange is getting relatively high. Not bad for sellers, i sold 500 zen today for over 200k dil(413 per zen i think) but probably annoying for buyers. A PPP event would be very nice at this point. Sorry for this i was just kind of hoping for one and when it didn't happen I got a bit disappointed.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Phoenix events don't roll around as often as other events, but it will come back around when they feel like running it again.

I'm trying to save my dilithium as much as I can so I can buy some packs this time. Usually I make do with the free daily one.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    Please change your thread title to be less vague. Thank you.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    In answer to the thread title: A real life shuttle, purchasable from the C-store.

As for the actual subject: would be nice if there was a Phoenix-event coming soon. Now that I can finally play on PC again, I'm eager to create some new characters and rethink some builds of older ones.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    recruitment or a rerun ,bring phoenix only if the exc. hits 500 , i like 500...
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    For those that said they are not likely since the last one was fairly recent. They ran the last two times very very close to each other. In fact, the last one occured just days after a Dilitium Weekend Event ended.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    I could use a drink right now..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    and there is an item upgrade event scheduled for this months

these upgrades from phoenix would help a lot
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    I know I could use one, I'm almost out of Phoenix tokens for upgrades
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »

Me too. I just wish I could sell or trade my useless Epics since I own all the T6 event ships.

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator

Me too. I just wish I could sell or trade my useless Epics since I own all the T6 event ships.

You can grind higher tier Phoenix tokens into lower tier. I believe you get 2 of the lower tier for each one.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »

You can grind higher tier Phoenix tokens into lower tier. I believe you get 2 of the lower tier for each one.

That's like grinding down a lock box ship token to 2 x lock box weapon tokens.

I'll just hoard my shiny gold tokens, my precioussssss tokens, in the hope I can use them someday.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User

Lucky or cursed depending on how you look at it :p

I just want one Ultra Rare just so I can get a Bulwark but I've never gotten anything above Very Rare.

Lucky or cursed depending on how you look at it :p

I just want one Ultra Rare just so I can get a Bulwark but I've never gotten anything above Very Rare.

Same, I opened over 650 boxes so far and no result
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator

I'll just hoard my shiny gold tokens, my precioussssss tokens, in the hope I can use them someday.

That's also multiple Phoenix Upgrades too you know.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »

That's also multiple Phoenix Upgrades too you know.

64,000 dil worth of upgrade tokens for an Epic token isn't enough for me to trade my preciousssss, tricksy captain!

They could add a 500,000 unrefined dil jackpot item to the Epic prize list. I'd consider that.
  • iamjmphiamjmph Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    Please change your thread title to be less vague. Thank you.
    As soon as i figure out how i will..
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    Thank you.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Agreed 100%

We need a Phoenix Box event BEFORE the upgrade weekend please!! :smile:
    Insert witty signature line here.
    Well the time before this last Bonus Dilitium Weekend that they had a Bonus Dilithium Weekend, within a few days they had a Phoenix.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • trekkiejedigirl#9564 trekkiejedigirl Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    We'll prolly get a Phoenix box weekend during the last week of the summer event. I personally am hoarding my Dil until the next one because 500 boxes have my name on them, lol. And if I get a few epic tokens that means more Kobali Samsar cruisers for more characters, lol. However I'm mainly in it for the upgrades. :)
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Given how long we had none, the absence of other reasons to log and in light of the upcoming upgrade weekend I bet we get one rather soonish.

Most of the time we had upgrade weekends directly after Dil weekends so I’d place my bets on either next weekend or (if we can believe the calendar) near the end of the month.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I’d place my bets on either next weekend or (if we can believe the calendar) near the end of the month.

Man, I hope you're right! :smiley:
    Insert witty signature line here.
    edited August 2019
    I’d place my bets on either next weekend or (if we can believe the calendar) near the end of the month.

Oh me too mate. I have a rather long list of items to upgrade again. :#
    animated.gif
  • srbin666srbin666 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    i pray for new loot in the ph event...like the domino console.... its hard to get it only with the ship from the epic token
    Part of my fun in this game is making independant ship projects without shared gear with another ship. That is of course expensive both to acquire and to upgrade the gears. Obviously not a cost-effective way to play game but gives me more fun and I can fly a different ship every day on the go with totally different setups. Especially on the upgrade part I am very dependant on the upgrade event. As of now i got 9 fully geared ships waiting in line for upgrades so a phoenix event would be very welcome
    reyan01 wrote: »

Same; have a few items I REALLY want to upgrade for use on my DSC Constitution; Spire warp core, Colony deflector, Competetive shield and at least two beam arrays. And pretty much ALL the beam arrays on my D7 need upgrading as I've barely touched that ship yet - but I'll be damned if I'm gonna burn any more resources on the offensively useless crafted upgrades!

In fact, am so desperate to upgrade the shield (so would have the competetive two-piece bonus) that I may purchase the Sompek 'skip token' bundle solely for the Ultimate Upgrade it'll contain.

Oh you got the D7 as well? Nice. :o
    animated.gif

Same; have a few items I REALLY want to upgrade for use on my DSC Constitution; Spire warp core, Colony deflector, Competetive shield and at least two beam arrays. And pretty much ALL the beam arrays on my D7 need upgrading as I've barely touched that ship yet - but I'll be damned if I'm gonna burn any more resources on the offensively useless crafted upgrades!

In fact, am so desperate to upgrade the shield (so would have the competetive two-piece bonus) that I may purchase the Sompek 'skip token' bundle solely for the Ultimate Upgrade it'll contain.

Oh you got the D7 as well? Nice. :o

Yeah - got lucky on the last day of the inital promotion run. Haven't used the D7 in any significant way yet though - I did take it for a few runs during the recent Tholian Red Alert weekend but since can't upgrade the beams yet, and she can't equip cannons, I'm reluctant to use her in Advanced content.

Admittedly won another box during the very recent weekend R&D box promo too - but have put that one in the bank for now.

Sounds great!

Well there is no need to hurry with opening if you have more packs, unless u want a jugger of course. :p
    animated.gif
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »

I'm trying to save my dilithium as much as I can so I can buy some packs this time. Usually I make do with the free daily one.

Indeed. I'm currently sitting on mountains of dill, just waiting to be spent on phoenix boxes.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • trekkiejedigirl#9564 trekkiejedigirl Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    lordmerc22 wrote: »
    Part of my fun in this game is making independant ship projects without shared gear with another ship. That is of course expensive both to acquire and to upgrade the gears. Obviously not a cost-effective way to play game but gives me more fun and I can fly a different ship every day on the go with totally different setups. Especially on the upgrade part I am very dependant on the upgrade event. As of now i got 9 fully geared ships waiting in line for upgrades so a phoenix event would be very welcome

Ya, I do the same thing. I have 3 different ships fully equipped mission ready on each of my characters and I use the 'switch ship' feature frequently. It really helps with my immersion especially after a really tough battle where I can pretend one needed repairs so for the next mission we use a different ship. :)
    No one expects the Span..., eh, Phoenix Prize Pack Event. ;)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.