test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A Phoenix Prize pack event would be nice...

Comments

• Options
    lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    lordmerc22 wrote: »
    Part of my fun in this game is making independant ship projects without shared gear with another ship. That is of course expensive both to acquire and to upgrade the gears. Obviously not a cost-effective way to play game but gives me more fun and I can fly a different ship every day on the go with totally different setups. Especially on the upgrade part I am very dependant on the upgrade event. As of now i got 9 fully geared ships waiting in line for upgrades so a phoenix event would be very welcome

Ya, I do the same thing. I have 3 different ships fully equipped mission ready on each of my characters and I use the 'switch ship' feature frequently. It really helps with my immersion especially after a really tough battle where I can pretend one needed repairs so for the next mission we use a different ship. :)

I also got at least 2 ships per damage type on my primary char and working on having 1 each per on every other toon so i can do PEs faster just by switching ship depending on the energy type asked
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Part of my fun in this game is making independant ship projects without shared gear with another ship. That is of course expensive both to acquire and to upgrade the gears. Obviously not a cost-effective way to play game but gives me more fun and I can fly a different ship every day on the go with totally different setups. Especially on the upgrade part I am very dependant on the upgrade event. As of now i got 9 fully geared ships waiting in line for upgrades so a phoenix event would be very welcome

Ya, I do the same thing. I have 3 different ships fully equipped mission ready on each of my characters and I use the 'switch ship' feature frequently. It really helps with my immersion especially after a really tough battle where I can pretend one needed repairs so for the next mission we use a different ship. :)

I also got at least 2 ships per damage type on my primary char and working on having 1 each per on every other toon so i can do PEs faster just by switching ship depending on the energy type asked

This is what I do. Well, I at least have one ship dedicated to each damage type just for PEs. At least on my toon who does the Endeavors most.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I am running almost exclusively with my Discovery Character. I have the Discovery Constitution as the main ship. I run with a Phaser build, but I have three other Loadouts (so far) for Anti-proton, Plasma, and Tetryon. I generally swap out two Arrays, an Omni, and the Hanger Pets and switch to the other Loadouts for Damage Type Endeavors.

I switch to other ships for Mastery Unlocks.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    echatty wrote: »

This is what I do. Well, I at least have one ship dedicated to each damage type just for PEs. At least on my toon who does the Endeavors most.

Yes variety keeps boredom at bay too

if you use one ship with one setup all the time you can get bored easier

with our way we had to work more for our fleet of ships in our ship roster but we dont get bored as easy
  • Options

with our way we had to work more for our fleet of ships in our ship roster but we dont get bored as easy

I hardly ever get bored when I play. I'll do my Endeavors/Events (when they're going on), missions, or just faff around with patrols and things to bring in some dilithium. Yes I know you can bring in a lot of dil with Admiralty, but that can actually get boring just sitting there clicking for half an hour lol.

A couple of rounds of my favorite RomPatrols will get me near capacity and is more fun to do over an hour or so each round. If I need a bit more I'll run to Nimbus and do Yamlun Nuk's missions. Much more fun to me.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options

I hardly ever get bored when I play. I'll do my Endeavors/Events (when they're going on), missions, or just faff around with patrols and things to bring in some dilithium. Yes I know you can bring in a lot of dil with Admiralty, but that can actually get boring just sitting there clicking for half an hour lol.

A couple of rounds of my favorite RomPatrols will get me near capacity and is more fun to do over an hour or so each round. If I need a bit more I'll run to Nimbus and do Yamlun Nuk's missions. Much more fun to me.

The time doffing and admiralty takes is why I dont make more chars at this point. I am at 6 toons a long time and only way i will make more is a new recruit event - especially the temporal that I miss. My newest, a Reman, was made over a year ago
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    We'll prolly get a Phoenix box weekend during the last week of the summer event. I personally am hoarding my Dil until the next one because 500 boxes have my name on them, lol. And if I get a few epic tokens that means more Kobali Samsar cruisers for more characters, lol. However I'm mainly in it for the upgrades. :)

I have been trying to get a Samsar for while now too, for my Kobali character but the gold tokens are so low of a probability that it may never happen.

I usually go to the Voth battlezone for dil, it is decent in rewarding it and ground can be a nice change of pace now and then.
  • Options
    Ground isn't my best thing, but I am getting better at it. I do Voth BZ when I get the endeavor for it or the V-Rex.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    srbin666srbin666 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    i would say on the 8.8 or 15.8 the PH Event will start lets hope for some new added item B)
  • Options
    nikfosternikfoster Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Leave your dreams and hope everyone that enters here!
    not hoping for miracle that packs will come b4 upgrade event.
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    Aaaaaand here it is!
    Seems like they do monior the forums after all!
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Exactly as I said at the start of this Thread.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    250 Phoenix Boxes: 30 Very Rare and the rest were Rare and Common.

The odds were clearly not in my favor.
  • Options
    79 uncommon 33 rare 12 v.rare

that was my luck

I have accepted I will never get a UR token
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited August 2019

Based on posts like yours, I've guessed the odds of an Ultra Rare are in the 1:100 - 1:300 range (wild guess 1:250), and the odds for Epic are in the 1:500 - 1:1,000 range.

It really is too bad we can't sell, trade, or even gift our spare URs and Epics to those who do want them.
  • Options
    crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Lately I've been covered up in dilithium with nothing to spend it on. I usually buy 100 Phoenix Prize Packs every time there is an event, just for the tech upgrade. Having done this over the years, I've never scored a prize token above "very rare" quality.

So, today, I decided to see what the "odds" of getting an epic or ultra rare quality token is. I bought 1000 Phoenix Prize Packs. So far I've opened 600, and have seen no epic or ultra rare tokens.

I'll let you know if the last 400 turn up anything.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Big thanks to Cryptic for the badly needed Phoenix Box event and the upcoming upgrade weekend. :smile:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Last time around the dil exchange dipped to around 320 per zen, this time looks like we'll be lucky to get a dip of 400.
  • Options
    wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User

Based on posts like yours, I've guessed the odds of an Ultra Rare are in the 1:100 - 1:300 range (wild guess 1:250), and the odds for Epic are in the 1:500 - 1:1,000 range.

It really is too bad we can't sell, trade, or even gift our spare URs and Epics to those who do want them.

Since May 2018, I've bought 2300 Phoenix boxes (excluding the aforementioned 250) and obtained 4 Epic and 2 UR tokens.

Based on those figures, I apparently have good luck.
  • Options
    Last time around the dil exchange dipped to around 320 per zen, this time looks like we'll be lucky to get a dip of 400.

Zen becomes more expensive when it becomes more valuable to players, more desirable

When there are sales(we got 15% off keys and keyrings) and we got new items/ships released(voth ships) then zen will be more desirable and to a wider range of people thus negating to a bit ratio the effects of the phoenix box
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    79 uncommon 33 rare 12 v.rare

that was my luck

I have accepted I will never get a UR token

For anyone trying to keep score, on the live server: 500 Prize Packs: 281 Uncommon, 158 Rare, 60 Very Rare, 0 Ultra-Rare, 1 Epic. That's mostly a lot of Phoenix Upgrades to me, though I'll probably hold on to the Epic in case I ever need it.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    Funny thing is, I had bought several thousand packs before today and had only seen one Epic and 2 or 3 Ultra Rare tokens.

I was completely out of kits, so between all my characters today I bought about 1000 Phoenix Boxes.. I got 4 Epics and 5 Ultra Rares. I guess the gods of RnG love me today.

The Epics do me no real good, but I converted them to UR's and got Admiralty T5 ships for a couple alts. Good day! :smile:
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Wow you did better than my first time being 1000, all I got was 3 epics and 2 ultras (not to mention an ultra from one of the free boxes).
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Today, live server:

150 boxes, 87 common, 44 rare, 19 very rare, 0 UR, 0 Epic

I just wanted upgrade tokens so not complaining. 251 tokens for 600,000 dil is only 2390 dil per token, much better than 4300 dil + mats + crafting time + credits for using Superior upgrades.
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    I open these boxes only for the upgrades.

I thought all of that is really to the detriment of the players. if the upgrade system was correctly done/fair, we shouldn't need these uprades and/or the upgrade weekend.

it is not a complain, just an observation, after all i open these boxes.
  • Options
    tobywitczaktobywitczak Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    Each time they reopen the Phoenix Prize it loses its effectiveness to bringing down then Dilithium to Zen on the exchange. Back on mid June I sold Zen for 346 Dilithium, the week before the Phoenix Prize launched again Dilithium was hovering around 415-420, and right now its hovering around 405. This is a far cry from the drop of the first run which we saw a drop back in to the high 200’s.

The problem I see is that all the people who want Phoenix Prize at this point are only using it for the Phoenix Universal Tech Upgrades. The problem with this is as time goes on, the Phoenix Universal Tech Upgrades becomes less attractive as people have already upgrade to Max all the item they want.

It also seems the antidotal evidence is that you have about 500:1 odd to get an Epic Token and about 350:1 for an UR. That translate into an average of burning 2 million Dilithium to get a single Epic Token and approximately 1.4 million Dilithium to get a single UR. Even at the rate of 450 Dilithium for one Zen, it costs people 1.35Million Dilithium to buy an account wide unlock for any Tier 6 ship costing 3000 Zen. I know I am not alone when I say I would rather sit on my Dilithium save it up and then buy a bundle the risk in on Phoenix Prize for a characters.

I don’t think that it matters what they added to the Phoenix Prize its effectiveness will basically go to Zero as most of the people who want an item has gotten it and for others then Dilithium is better spent on the Exchange to get an ship with an account wide unlock.

Even If they made it so the Epic and UR items were account wide unlocks we would probably see another surge to drop the Dilithium to Zen, but this would still be temporary in the long run as what cryptic is really fighting is inflation. Short of then cutting all the Dilithium rewards by half, I don’t thing there is a good solution.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Keep in mind that they did keep doing sales to drive it up the exchange before the event and sales during the event.
  • Options
    avoozuul wrote: »
    Keep in mind that they did keep doing sales to drive it up the exchange before the event and sales during the event.

Exactly, they have been doing a blitzkrieg of sales and promos lately.

There is basically never a time where something isn't on sale, so demand for Zen is remaining high.
  • Options
    captkelly31#5645 captkelly31 Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    Does the "improved Voth ships" imply they're coming back; and will it be against us...or against the Vaadwaur, or even the Iconians who were behind them?
This discussion has been closed.