test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Return of the Crystalline Entity

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
The Crystalline Cataclysm is our next Featured TFO! Battle for access to Section 31 Mines, and to progress towards a free Tier 6 ship!

We're also granting you the rewards of a great deal of events you might have slotted. Read on for details.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11175833

Comments

• pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,165 Arc User
    Really love what you have been doing to mines over the past year, had so much fun with them and really looking forward to playing around with black op mines.

There are a few bugs though. Any chance someone could take a look at

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1249285/mycelial-lightning-from-the-stamets-tilly-field-modifications-set-not-working

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1247853/major-mine-launcher-bug-zero-damage-after-5-minutes-due-to-despawn-bug

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1249083/mine-explosion-radius-seems-to-be-broken-both-the-inbuilt-radius-and-radius-mod

Still even with the bugs mines are now in a great state and more then useable. Thanks for all the improvements.
  • stormstryke2stormstryke2 Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    I notice it says "At this time" about anniversary, winter, and summer. I am guessing because of the T6 free ship coupons or however you want to say it that Summer event would fall in the time frame of the three planned ones. So also guessing those are probably going to be added later as Featured TFO banner.
  • zaraszzarasz Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    For months I tried to get into the crystalline entity tfo. A few days ago I managed to get in only because it was an universal endeavor. Now we get to do it for three weeks?

Wasnt the purpose of the t6 ship event to further the discovery story? How is the entity related to anything?

And yeah, not having slotted the old tokens means Im left empty handed but those that have just one token slotted get a full payout without the grind. Thats just messed up.

Its a kick to the balls with charge, hooks and steelcaps.

Why isnt it possible to add an NPC to convert every old token into something useful?
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    No, the T6 Ship event was not about furthering the Discovery storyline. It just so happened that the first FTFO of the event happened to be a Discovery one.

If you have one of those projects slotted, even without a single token in them, they will auto complete. If you didn't slot the project, though, then yes, you're out of luck.

It's not a kick to anything, though. Everyone was given an opportunity to run the event, slot the project, and allocate their tokens. If you completed the main project, then you were given a secondary project to allocate extra tokens to, if you chose to run the event past the initial required number. If you chose not to turn those in, that's on you. You were given an opportunity to get rewarded for those, though.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    No, the T6 Ship event was not about furthering the Discovery storyline. It just so happened that the first FTFO of the event happened to be a Discovery one.
    Ok.
    If you have one of those projects slotted, even without a single token in them, they will auto complete. If you didn't slot the project, though, then yes, you're out of luck.
    Well, duh. Thanks for repeating my comment.
    It's not a kick to anything, though. Everyone was given an opportunity to run the event, slot the project, and allocate their tokens. If you completed the main project, then you were given a secondary project to allocate extra tokens to, if you chose to run the event past the initial required number. If you chose not to turn those in, that's on you. You were given an opportunity to get rewarded for those, though.
    Well, duh. Thanks for explaining the event token system to us.
    Thats in no way an explaination why those with tokens not slotted are left with nothing when we did the event more than those that slotted less items who get FULL payout. <- This is the kicking part.

And I repeat my question:
    Why isnt it possible to add an NPC to convert every old token into something useful? This way EVERYONE gets exactly the right amount of rewards based on time spent on the events. Like the NPCs on drozana station with old tokens.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    zarasz wrote: »
    Well, duh. Thanks for explaining the event token system to us.
    Thats in no way an explaination why those with tokens not slotted are left with nothing when we did the event more than those that slotted less items who get FULL payout. <- This is the kicking part.
    Because you chose to hoard items that had no guarantee of having any future value? You and I deserve nothing for them. In my case, though, I'm losing my old tokens AND my unfinished projects are being auto-completed. So it's a wash overall.
    And I repeat my question:
    Why isnt it possible to add an NPC to convert every old token into something useful? This way EVERYONE gets exactly the right amount of rewards based on time spent on the events. Like the NPCs on drozana station with old tokens.
    I wouldn't say it's "impossible." I think they just don't want to spend the time doing it. No worries on my end though.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    And as I said, you were given an opportunity to turn those in during the event. So, it was possible to do so, and get the rewards based on your time spent doing the event. That you tried to hoard them is on you. You weren't promised that they would be worth anything later on.
    GrWzQke.png
    edited June 2019
    So, it was possible to do so, and get the rewards based on your time spent doing the event.
    False. Without the full amount many people did not see a reason to slot them. Now people who spent time on the event but didnt slot them get nothing and people who slotted the bare minimum get the full reward. How the hull is that fair???
    You weren't promised that they would be worth anything later on.
    But lets reward those that hoarded them in the slots.

HYPOCRITE!
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    So, it was possible to do so, and get the rewards based on your time spent doing the event.
    False. Without the full amount many people did not see a reason to slot them. Now people who spent time on the event but didnt slot them get nothing and people who slotted the bare minimum get the full reward. How the hull is that fair???
    You weren't promised that they would be worth anything later on.
    But lets reward those that hoarded them in the slots.

HYPOCRITE!

What? There was always a reason to slot the project, even if you had no tokens for it. You could potentially finish it the next time the event came around. That's what I did usually. Sometimes I have time and energy to do the events on multiple characters, sometimes I don't. This way there is always a chance I can grab a bit extra Dilithium this way.

Hence, I get a lot of auto-completed projects waiting for me when this goes live.

Of course, I'll also lose a bunch of stockpiled tokens:
    Across 20 characters: 92 Shards, 14 Mirror Tokens and 37 Breach Tokens, if my OneNote book-keeping is to be trusted.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    edited June 2019
    What? There was always a reason to slot the project, even if you had no tokens for it. You could potentially finish it the next time the event came around. That's what I did usually.
    Hence, I get a lot of auto-completed projects waiting for me when this goes live.
    (Across 20 characters: 92 Shards, 14 Mirror Tokens and 37 Breach Tokens, if my OneNote book-keeping is to be trusted.)
    Because every event returns?

You hoarded them and get the full reward.
    I hoarded them and get nothing.

You want me to use crayons to make the unfair treatment more obvious??
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    No one hoarded anything in the slots, i just couldnt finish the projects on some chars, so i'm lucky, but if you keep it for the next one, well, you are out of luck, i play for the price, in the time alloted… dont waste my time doing extras, but anyway, sorry for the ones who lost stuff.
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Some people who slotted projects sometimes just couldn't finish the event for one reason or other. Now if they kept the projects slotted Cryptic is letting those projects auto-complete for them.

There's a difference between slotted projects and hoarded tokens.

And I am one who rarely did these three-week events, so I'm out of luck in getting any old rewards.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Also losing probably an equal ton of such saved tokens. Indeed we hoarded the wrong thing, event currency instead of slotting projects in all possible slots on all characters. Plenty of other moments in this MMO where hoarding payed off big, though.

How much simpler all would be if in the official game blog of the event, and in the tooltips of such currency in game, it would state that such unspent currency may be obsoleted and erased from you altogether.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
    echatty wrote: »
    There's a difference between slotted projects and hoarded tokens.
    Yes. Those that slotted the tokens get rewarded while those that have the exact same amount of tokens but didnt slot them get nothing. But people are getting rewarded for the time spent in the event... somehow.

Like I said. Hypocrites!
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Auto-completing slotted Event missions, gaining the rewards associated with it while some are closer than others? Excellent, I won't have to go through my character list to see who I'll have to concentrate on to finish those missions :)

Clearing out inventory of defunct TFO thing-a-ma-jiggers? The better to open up my cluttered inventory, without having to manually doing that :)

Having universal TFO thing-a-ma-jiggers that I can use for future TFO events without having to remember which character had the most of them? Most excellent :D
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    I don't see a date mentioned so i take it will be available after maintenance next Thursday?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    What? There was always a reason to slot the project, even if you had no tokens for it. You could potentially finish it the next time the event came around. That's what I did usually.
    (Across 20 characters: 92 Shards, 14 Mirror Tokens and 37 Breach Tokens, if my OneNote book-keeping is to be trusted.)
    Because every event returns?

You hoarded them and get the full reward.
    I hoarded them and get nothing.

You want me to use crayons to make the unfair treatment more obvious??

Crystalline Cataclysm, Mirror Invasion and Into the Breach returned multiple times. Below is every instance and the items they featured.

Crystalline Cataclysm's dates
    -11 April - 2 May 2013, Crystalline Shard non-combat space pet
    - 20 September - 21 October 2013, Mariah Kilara Marr
    - 21 August - 11 September 2014, Emergency Conn Hologram
    - 5 March - 26 March 2015, Crystalline Energy Torpedo Launcher
    - 13 August - 3 September 2015, Universal Kit Module - Crystalline Spike
    - 19 May - June 9 2016, Console - Universal - Crystalline Absorption Matrix
    - 3 November - 24 November 2016, Crystal Radiation Projector
    - 16 August - 6 September 2018, Antiproton Matter Conversion Dual Heavy Cannons and Beam Array

Mirror Invasion's dates
    - 13 March - 3 April 2014, Hakeev duty officer
    - 30 October - 20 November 2014, Zefram Cochrane Shotgun
    - 5 November - 26 November 2015, Mirror Universe Agony Field Rifle
    - 25 August - 15 September 2016, I.S.S. Stadi admiralty card
    - 18 May - 8 June 2017, Console - Universal - Interphasic Instability Device
    - 9 November - 30 November 2017, Mirror Universe Phaser Dual Pistols
    - 10 May - 31 May 2018, Agony Phaser Energy Torpedo Launcher

Into the Breach's dates
    - 3 March - 24 March 2016, V.S.S. Tanius Admiralty card
    - 2 March - 24 March 2017, Furiadon Fangs Mk XIII [CrtD]
    - 8 March - 29 March 2018, Console - Universal - Voth Phase Decoy
    - 6 September - 27 September 2018, Bio-Engineered Furiadon combat pet

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • stlheestlhee Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    And what about weekend event vouchers? They will be removed on Thursday, too? I still have 13 unspent tokens.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Also losing probably an equal ton of such saved tokens. Indeed we hoarded the wrong thing, event currency instead of slotting projects in all possible slots on all characters. Plenty of other moments in this MMO where hoarding payed off big, though.

How much simpler all would be if in the official game blog of the event, and in the tooltips of such currency in game, it would state that such unspent currency may be obsoleted and erased from you altogether.

The thing is, there is no way of them honestly knowing what they are going to drop at any given time, except when they decide to do it.

Like for example,when they started doing the Featured TFOs, they were probably having discussions about what to do about the old events once the new TFOs proved to be more of a success since you only needed 1 currency.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    The 14 day events must go, Dedicating that much time to an event when real life always manages to get in the way is extremely difficult and impossible to guarantee. If this event type continues I am really going to have to think twice if i want to continue playing this game, In the last 9 months alot of stuff has been done that is pushing me further and further away from this game and now another 14 day event that only contributes to the distance i am being pushed further away. The last game that did what you did I left and stopped playing. I like this game alot but your following in a path i cannot follow or accept. If i hadnt given you money for the lifetime subscription 2 yrs ago this november i would have already walked and not returned. I lost out on the sompek shield the end of last year when the event fouled up and never slotted it cause I do not slot what i cant complete and now I will yet again loose the opportunity to get it since I never slotted it for no reason. hrm,, I need to find a new game this one has gone down hill in the last 2 yrs BAD! If you really are going to give people what was slotted from the past for free then equally EVERYONE on game should get anything they dont already have slotted or not!
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • widowmaker789#0847 widowmaker789 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I do understand that there was no guarantee with the event tokens that the event would come back, but it seemed like a pretty safe bet and I worked hard to complete the 14 days and then add a few more for next time. It would be nice if there was a way to take those tokens that will no longer be used and convert them or get some compensation for them. Seems odd that you would "clear" the slotted events (which may have 0 progress) but not do anything if you actually have the tokens....In addition, there were many events that I unslotted because it was "messy" and I had the tokens for the next one, so why slot it I thought? I would be sad to see them go and get nothing. It would be a nice nod to the players who did do the work.
    Crystalline Cataclysm, Mirror Invasion and Into the Breach returned multiple times. Below is every instance and the items they featured.

Crystalline Cataclysm's dates
    -11 April - 2 May 2013, Crystalline Shard non-combat space pet
    - 20 September - 21 October 2013, Mariah Kilara Marr
    - 21 August - 11 September 2014, Emergency Conn Hologram
    - 5 March - 26 March 2015, Crystalline Energy Torpedo Launcher
    - 13 August - 3 September 2015, Universal Kit Module - Crystalline Spike
    - 19 May - June 9 2016, Console - Universal - Crystalline Absorption Matrix
    - 3 November - 24 November 2016, Crystal Radiation Projector
    - 16 August - 6 September 2018, Antiproton Matter Conversion Dual Heavy Cannons and Beam Array

Mirror Invasion's dates
    - 13 March - 3 April 2014, Hakeev duty officer
    - 30 October - 20 November 2014, Zefram Cochrane Shotgun
    - 5 November - 26 November 2015, Mirror Universe Agony Field Rifle
    - 25 August - 15 September 2016, I.S.S. Stadi admiralty card
    - 18 May - 8 June 2017, Console - Universal - Interphasic Instability Device
    - 9 November - 30 November 2017, Mirror Universe Phaser Dual Pistols
    - 10 May - 31 May 2018, Agony Phaser Energy Torpedo Launcher

Into the Breach's dates
    - 3 March - 24 March 2016, V.S.S. Tanius Admiralty card
    - 2 March - 24 March 2017, Furiadon Fangs Mk XIII [CrtD]
    - 8 March - 29 March 2018, Console - Universal - Voth Phase Decoy
    - 6 September - 27 September 2018, Bio-Engineered Furiadon combat pet
    How many of them returned this year?
    Like for example,when they started doing the Featured TFOs, they were probably having discussions about what to do about the old events once the new TFOs proved to be more of a success since you only needed 1 currency.
    You have to ask yourself why the option to convert all the old currencies into the new currency wasnt an option.
    @zarasz I'm sorry that you feel that way, but flaming and naming calling are uncalled for.
    GrWzQke.png
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Stop with the 'hoarding' BS already. I slotted the Projects in the past and completed them. I have extra 'Tokens' from those various Events to provide a buffer in the future, you know like you can do with the TFO Commendations, which they let you BUY in the C-Store.

In the past when they stopped with the non-Unique yearly 'Tokens' for the Summer, Winter, and Anniversary Events, they had a buyback. In the case of these 14-day Event Tokens, they were UBIQUITOUS, meaning they could be used for any FUTURE Event of that type. Instead of converting those 'Tokens' into TFO Commendations they are just throwing them away (which requires an effort on Cryptics part). So all this talk about not having time to come up with a conversion method is just blather.

Side note. I have 41 TFO Commendations on my Discovery Character.

You will note that they pulled back on the Weekend Event 'conversions' until later this Summer instead of doing it this week. You will also note that for this it was announced one week and will be implemented the week after. All to rush into another TFO Event. They must really want to push those C-Store Bundles.

Also you will note that they have absolutely no consistency in the use of the various 'Stores' they use for Account Unlocks. Instead of using the Event Store 'Account Unlock Rewards' Tab, they are putting this into the Dilitium Store (which can be used for Character Claim Unlocks as well as Account Claim Unlocks). Sometime in the future you will see this Dilitium Store Claims Tab also be deprecated with stuff moving to the Phoenix Store except those Account Unlocks.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Players didn't "hoard" tokens by allocating them to the project. They used/spent them for their intended purpose. Hoarding is keeping them in inventory and not using them. Why anyone would do this is beyond me, but apparently it happens. The secondary projects were put in place to encourage players NOT to hoard them. Obviously, players did stockpile extra tokens to apply towards the next project. I'm guilty of this as well. But there was never a guarantee that said tokens wouldn't be retired. This was previously done with the Summer/Winter event ships, so I'm surprised that anyone would be surprised that it would happen again.

Those that slotted the PROJECT will get rewarded regardless of whether they spent or even earned a token or not. If this is you, congratulations. Those that hoarded tokens but didn't slot projects will be the unfortunate ones, though. If this is you, my condolences.
    GrWzQke.png
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    These Bonus Projects are not worth the effort for many as they award 2k Dilitium, 50 Fleet Marks, and 35 Marks of your choice (excluding Discovery). A mere bag of shells.

Stop using the word hoarding. Does everyone forget Aesop's Fable 373, 'The Ant and the Grasshopper'?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,933 Arc User
    This announcement had some good info in it and certainly answers the question I posted here: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1248903/mirror-invasion-event-or-tfo

I have unfinished projects on some characters and it'll be great to get those cleared off those characters.
    I also have a small stockpile of 4 Shards on one character and it'll be a shame to see these 'souvenirs' vanish even if I cannot use them in future.
    Still, overall, this is a good thing for everyone...
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I had a lot of the mirror ones but I don't mind.

This doesn't erase the weekend (5 day) tokens that can be used in that rep store right?
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• elvnswordselvnswords Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    The only problem I see with outright deletion is that some people, (not me) collect obsolete things in MMOS. I know STO has a few such collectors, as I know them from my fleet. These are people who still have the old crafting materials and recipes for example, or the old version of Kits that now do not function at all...

I know they will be upset at not having the tokens on hand anymore. I can see that...
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    Yeah, I hoard them. What's your point besides your narrow view? We'll just be at this point again in the future where we hoard more and more of these feature queue tokens and people are finishing day one. That's the only problem you have with it. People being done day one despite that they're still running the each day to get a token. As others have said. Turning in the old tokens during the way it was done before was a slap in the face pile of nothing. It isn't worth the effort and time for that pitiful amount when you could only turn in one per day. So I might as well save them for next time. Yeah, you could have given us nothing for them too. But in the end, it's about your falsified metrics you have to present to your uppers with "them". Guess I'll just keep them as I have with a lot of old stuff. Set them to protected and remember somewhat good times that were.

Yeah, I said QUEUE. Because that's what it is, a fracking LINE to get into an instance.
This discussion has been closed.