test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Nvidia Driver, Now Game Doesn't Work

Ever since the last STO update, I've been getting some message on the launcher about outdated drivers. The game literally told me to go to Nvidia and get updated drivers. I did exactly that and now the game will not launch at all, every time it crashes and gives me some "crash processing complete" window. I have no idea what to do. Has anyone else experienced this same issue?

Comments

• bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    Ok, I deleted the drivers and now I can get into the game at least. The graphic settings are all screwed up now and I guess I'll never be able to download new graphics drivers as long as I want to keep playing this game. Unbelievable.
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    I use an Nvidia geforce 920mx, I use geforce experience and install new "game ready" drivers every time they come out, (which is quite often) and I have never had a problem along those lines.
    Unless you just felt like blowing off a little steam, you might provide a bit more info, otherwise no one can possibly provide any help at all.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I just installed the new driver and played STO for a couple hours, no issue here. Not sure why it’s giving you an issue, but I was unable to recreate the issue.

I’m on a GTX 1080Ti.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • elishathorneelishathorne Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Got the same problem. After the recent patch every time I start sto cryptic screen pops up, Endless loading starts and it feels like a couple of months ago where it also was the graphic drivers that conflicted with sto. Well updated graphic drivers didn't work reinstalled the game didn't work, started the game in force verified version didn't work. Well hopefully at some point nvidia will bring out some drivers that does work with STO...
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    check the clean install option of the driver , and with each update the same . if you have double card like intel/nvidia ,after the clean install need to choice nvidia for the game after the update from its control app
    Post edited by garaks31 on
  • salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    Ever since the last STO update, I've been getting some message on the launcher about outdated drivers. The game literally told me to go to Nvidia and get updated drivers. I did exactly that and now the game will not launch at all, every time it crashes and gives me some "crash processing complete" window. I have no idea what to do. Has anyone else experienced this same issue?

Can you tell me your system specs?
    Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!

I'm using an Acer Predator 15 with Nvidia GeForce GTX 980M and Intel i7.
  • salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter

Latest STO update made some changes to the Graphics, i suggest deleting the Fxprefs and Gameprefs under (Drive you used to install)\Star Trek Online\Live\localdata

Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!

Latest STO update made some changes to the Graphics, i suggest deleting the Fxprefs and Gameprefs under (Drive you used to install)\Star Trek Online\Live\localdata

Thank you, I will look into what you're talking about and see if it works.
  • ps1701ps1701 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    As for Nvidia drivers, I couldn't install the new ones either after putting in the May 2019 Windows update - last night they put a link in their forums to get a hotfix version of the new driver to download. It comes down to the CPU architecture, some earlier "I series" Intel Processors caused a glitch on the new Nvidia driver installs. I have a second gen I-7. The hotfix patch Did install. Now if I could only track down the issue causing lighting 2.0 to crash on me.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Having this problem with my laptop too… nvidia 940m... latest driver, game says unsuported...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    i have 840m , check the clean install option of the driver , and with each update the same . if you have double card like intel/nvidia ,after the clean install need to choice nvidia for the game after the update from its control app
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    garaks31 wrote: »
    i have 840m , check the clean install option of the driver , and with each update the same . if you have double card like intel/nvidia ,after the clean install need to choice nvidia for the game after the update from its control app

Ok, i'll try that and let you know… i have two notebooks, same card, and both have this problema... i was playing fine before the patch..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!