test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lots of shots of the new Discovery ship interiors

Comments

• centurian821centurian821 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    Walker-class USS Shenzou, they are from.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Its the Walker class. But I think someone said that it was also going to be available for the starter ship.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • centurian821centurian821 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Its the Walker class. But I think someone said that it was also going to be available for the starter ship.

I hope not, that bridge looks way too big for the Malachowski-class in my mind.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    courtesy of Reddit

Link to the full album
    https://imgur.com/a/PugYrsb
    S14gnXD.png
    8y6S7fq.png
    ybwmrIn.png
    IpfBPlV.png

Okay, having a bit of a blonde moment here. :) I recognized the first 2 pictures from when I visited my Spearhead bridge (on Tribble). The last 2 ones, though, with all the red, where are those from?!

2 separate bridges, things are looking bright. :)

The last picture is a 'Lateral vector' transporter platform, which we saw on-screen as the transporter room for the USS Shenzou. It could represent the Malachowski-class (starter ship) transporter room in this case, but don't know.

Not sure about the 'red lined' bridge - could represent a Walker class bridge, or could be the bridge for the Malachowski-class?

Thanks, Reyan01! :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User

In your own little world, perhaps.

You do have to admit though... the touchscreens do line up well with what will come "later on". There is nothing Post TNG about the design.

I know you like TOS, I'm not judging you on that. We wouldn't even HAVE any of this without TOS.
    Just pointing out the asthetic progression. From an artistic standpoint, they did a good job, and IMO if they could somehow put those touchscreens on TOS consoles, it would look frickin' amazing.

TOS is fine as is, they even remastered it. And we never saw what was on some of the panels of the TOS bridge.

To me, TOS is fine as it is. ~shrugs~
    bzk74q9.jpg

^^ I love that picture! :smile:

^_^ V
    dvZq2Aj.jpg

In your own little world, perhaps.

You do have to admit though... the touchscreens do line up well with what will come "later on". There is nothing Post TNG about the design.

I know you like TOS, I'm not judging you on that. We wouldn't even HAVE any of this without TOS.
    Just pointing out the asthetic progression. From an artistic standpoint, they did a good job, and IMO if they could somehow put those touchscreens on TOS consoles, it would look frickin' amazing.

TOS is fine as is, they even remastered it. And we never saw what was on some of the panels of the TOS bridge.

To me, TOS is fine as it is. ~shrugs~
    bzk74q9.jpg

^^ I love that picture! :smile:

^_^ V
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    I liked the one about Smokey's adventures in PvP getting shot full of holes more. Anyone still know where that one is?

Check out
    "Goddesses Comic" in Ten Foreword. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    courtesy of Reddit

Link to the full album
    https://imgur.com/a/PugYrsb
    S14gnXD.png
    8y6S7fq.png
    ybwmrIn.png
    IpfBPlV.png

Thanks for sharing...Indeed cool looking.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    > @artan42 said:
    > azrael605 wrote: »
    >
    > > @talonxv said:
    > > I like the design. But they just don't strike me as 10 years before TOS. They strike me as post Nemesis.
    > >
    > > But it's a cool looking bridge none the less.
    >
    > They certainly look 100 years after Enterprise to me.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > They also look 10-20 years more advanced than the Kelvin and 20-25 years less advanced than the Enterprise A.
    >
    > It's almost like jelly beans and cardboard has always been a stupid design style that even TNG didn't care to use for inspiration.​​

I can see that. But point still remains. It does not look like a precursor to TOS.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    talonxv wrote: »
    > @artan42 said:
    >
    > > @talonxv said:
    > > I like the design. But they just don't strike me as 10 years before TOS. They strike me as post Nemesis.
    > >
    > > But it's a cool looking bridge none the less.
    >
    > They certainly look 100 years after Enterprise to me.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > They also look 10-20 years more advanced than the Kelvin and 20-25 years less advanced than the Enterprise A.
    >
    > It's almost like jelly beans and cardboard has always been a stupid design style that even TNG didn't care to use for inspiration.

I can see that. But point still remains. It does not look like a precursor to TOS.

And the point still stands that that does not matter. Firstly the TOS look originated in The Cage which is set before DSC and secondary TOS is still the odd look out. DSC has no reason to look anything like TOS any more than TMP does.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    Speaking of interiors, the Crossfield bridge is, sadly, not a full interior. :( It looks like there was going to be a ready-room, but I guess it wasn't ready yet, as it leads nowhere.

They should have sold a Disco interior pack, really. Missed opportunity.

N.B. Oh, and all boffs on my Crossfield bridge, save one, are now generic NPC's (which is quite remarkable, as last time I checked, on Tribble, they got it right).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    Hm. Started a new Discovery character, and visited my ship's bridge. Kind of nice, but not very Pike-era as far as aesthetics go... but, that's Discovery. The real disappointment though, was that there is nothing BUT the bridge. No second deck to go to at all. No engineering, no lab, no medical, no transporter (which would have been called a "Materializer" in Pike's era), no Captain's Quarters, no lounge, briefing room or shuttle bay... Nothing.

Jesus. Does nobody watch the show? It's not the 'Pike Era' it's DSC. It takes place after the so called 'Pike Era' (which is how I'm guessing you're referring to The Cage'.
    And no, it's completely correct to call the transporters transporters and the phasers phasers because ENT already retconned The Cage's primitive terminology.​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

artan42 wrote: »
    Hm. Started a new Discovery character, and visited my ship's bridge. Kind of nice, but not very Pike-era as far as aesthetics go... but, that's Discovery. The real disappointment though, was that there is nothing BUT the bridge. No second deck to go to at all. No engineering, no lab, no medical, no transporter (which would have been called a "Materializer" in Pike's era), no Captain's Quarters, no lounge, briefing room or shuttle bay... Nothing.

Jesus. Does nobody watch the show? It's not the 'Pike Era' it's DSC. It takes place after the so called 'Pike Era' (which is how I'm guessing you're referring to The Cage'.
    And no, it's completely correct to call the transporters transporters and the phasers phasers because ENT already retconned The Cage's primitive terminology.​​

Ooooooooooooooooo.....someone's getting triggered! :D

~puts on a fake beard, glasses, and adopted a BAD German accent, sitting on a couch~

Now, Vill you come and tell me vhat ills you? Perhaps it's zee fact that so many people iz zee TOS fans, ja?
    dvZq2Aj.jpg

Ooooooooooooooooo.....someone's getting triggered! :D

~puts on a fake beard, glasses, and adopted a BAD German accent, sitting on a couch~

Now, Vill you come and tell me vhat ills you? Perhaps it's zee fact that so many people iz zee TOS fans, ja?

^^ I totally LOL-ed. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Speaking of interiors, the Crossfield bridge is, sadly, not a full interior. :( It looks like there was going to be a ready-room, but I guess it wasn't ready yet, as it leads nowhere.

N.B. Oh, and all boffs on my Crossfield bridge, save one, are now generic NPC's (which is quite remarkable, as last time I checked, on Tribble, they got it right).

Have to say, I find this particuarly annoying. The is NO reason to limit the player to the bridge in this case.
    We KNOW there is a full Crossfield Interior - we played through it in the form of the USS Glenn interior in the first new (non-tutorial) episode!
    WHY then do we only get to access the bridge on 'our' ship?!

I don't get it either. There's even a turbolift sound for the 'corridor' (that I thought would lead to a ready-room). You almost get the impression they deliberately left only the bridge: hopefully to try and sell us a full interior pack later on (which I'd gladly pay for, btw); otherwise it's just plain stupid not to give us access to an interior they already made.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2018

Perhaps they make one later on but correct bridge adition is already nice. Oh and just to check, they simply updated our Crossfield lock box ships and they have the new one? No time yet to visit mine since AOD. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated

Perhaps they make one later on but correct bridge adition is already nice. Oh and just to check, they simply updated our Crossfield lock box ships and they have the new one? No time yet to visit mine since AOD. :)

Haven't played the new storyline mission yet, but reyan01 just said there's a full Crossfield interior already made and ready for use in it. In that case, I'd say it's really silly not to either sell it, or simply switch a pointer, here and there, to let us have access to the full interior.

P.S. And while we're at it, outfit my wickedly expensive JHSS with the full Jem interior too, please.

P.P.S. Perhaps @tacofangs would be willing to shed some light on this?
    3lsZz0w.jpg

N.B. I really *do* appreciate the free new bridge, btw (I didn't expect it to be free, really), But now let's just go all the way. :)

I commend you on starting an AoD toon, btw. I didn't mind for my new Jem, starting at lv. 60, with half the reps and spec trees already filled out; but no way I'm gonna start from scratch again!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    > @artan42 said:
    > colonelmarik wrote: »
    >
    > Hm. Started a new Discovery character, and visited my ship's bridge. Kind of nice, but not very Pike-era as far as aesthetics go... but, that's Discovery. The real disappointment though, was that there is nothing BUT the bridge. No second deck to go to at all. No engineering, no lab, no medical, no transporter (which would have been called a "Materializer" in Pike's era), no Captain's Quarters, no lounge, briefing room or shuttle bay... Nothing.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Jesus. Does nobody watch the show? It's not the 'Pike Era' it's DSC. It takes place after the so called 'Pike Era' (which is how I'm guessing you're referring to The Cage'.
    > And no, it's completely correct to call the transporters transporters and the phasers phasers because ENT already retconned The Cage's primitive terminology.​​

Fun fact Artann. And you can look this up. DSC is apparently rewriting history and doing a prequel of the Cage(even though the series takes place a couple of years after) and are putting in an episode where Pike and the Discovery crew will be meeting the Telosians BEFORE(straight from Kurtzman's mouth) Pike and Spock ever encountered them.

So it looks like Season two is going to completely Retconn The Cage.

So it's a moot point.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • huachaos#5075 huachaos Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    I agree with others, where the hell is the rest of my Crossfield's interior lol! On top of that, with the release of the new sounds and animations, why does my Crossfield still use TNG animation and sounds.... details people!
    azrael605 wrote: »
    *rollseyes* smoke thinks shes being clever again, smh.

She is. :) And funny to boot.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    talonxv wrote: »
    > @artan42 said:
    > colonelmarik wrote: »
    >
    > Hm. Started a new Discovery character, and visited my ship's bridge. Kind of nice, but not very Pike-era as far as aesthetics go... but, that's Discovery. The real disappointment though, was that there is nothing BUT the bridge. No second deck to go to at all. No engineering, no lab, no medical, no transporter (which would have been called a "Materializer" in Pike's era), no Captain's Quarters, no lounge, briefing room or shuttle bay... Nothing.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Jesus. Does nobody watch the show? It's not the 'Pike Era' it's DSC. It takes place after the so called 'Pike Era' (which is how I'm guessing you're referring to The Cage'.
    > And no, it's completely correct to call the transporters transporters and the phasers phasers because ENT already retconned The Cage's primitive terminology.

Fun fact Artann. And you can look this up. DSC is apparently rewriting history and doing a prequel of the Cage(even though the series takes place a couple of years after) and are putting in an episode where Pike and the Discovery crew will be meeting the Telosians BEFORE(straight from Kurtzman's mouth) Pike and Spock ever encountered them.

So it looks like Season two is going to completely Retconn The Cage.

So it's a moot point.

There's only one 'n' in my name. It's entirely possible that The Cage will be fully retconned. Considering it was already on shaky ground as soon as The Menagerie came out. However, until such a time as the supposed retconed episode comes out The Cage remains canon (if not all the elements already retconed by TOS and ENT) and nothing the writers say but don't do is canon.

Though if you could provide a link to this information, that would be helpful as Google's not throwing anything up for me.

I wouldn't know. I've hidden her posts. She never had anything constructive to say other than blathering about how much she liked TOS regardless of what the post she was replying to was about and posted those huge images that made the page hard to read.​​

#TASforSTO

> @artan42 said:
    > talonxv wrote: »
    >
    > > @artan42 said:
    > > colonelmarik wrote: »
    > >
    > > Hm. Started a new Discovery character, and visited my ship's bridge. Kind of nice, but not very Pike-era as far as aesthetics go... but, that's Discovery. The real disappointment though, was that there is nothing BUT the bridge. No second deck to go to at all. No engineering, no lab, no medical, no transporter (which would have been called a "Materializer" in Pike's era), no Captain's Quarters, no lounge, briefing room or shuttle bay... Nothing.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Jesus. Does nobody watch the show? It's not the 'Pike Era' it's DSC. It takes place after the so called 'Pike Era' (which is how I'm guessing you're referring to The Cage'.
    > > And no, it's completely correct to call the transporters transporters and the phasers phasers because ENT already retconned The Cage's primitive terminology.
    >
    > Fun fact Artann. And you can look this up. DSC is apparently rewriting history and doing a prequel of the Cage(even though the series takes place a couple of years after) and are putting in an episode where Pike and the Discovery crew will be meeting the Telosians BEFORE(straight from Kurtzman's mouth) Pike and Spock ever encountered them.
    >
    > So it looks like Season two is going to completely Retconn The Cage.
    >
    > So it's a moot point.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > There's only one 'n' in my name. It's entirely possible that The Cage will be fully retconned. Considering it was already on shaky ground as soon as The Menagerie came out. However, until such a time as the supposed retconed episode comes out The Cage remains canon (if not all the elements already retconed by TOS and ENT) and nothing the writers say but don't do is canon.
    >
    > Though if you could provide a link to this information, that would be helpful as Google's not throwing anything up for me.
    >
    > *rollseyes* smoke thinks shes being clever again, smh.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I wouldn't know. I've hidden her posts. She never had anything constructive to say other than blathering about how much she liked TOS regardless of what the post she was replying to was about and posted those huge images that made the page hard to read.​​

I'll have to look later and sorry about the double n. I'm working and lurking atm, but my 30 minute break is almost up and I have to get back on the road. Once I find the article, I will link it for you.
    afMSv4g.jpg

edited October 2018

I wouldn't know. I've hidden her posts. She never had anything constructive to say other than blathering about how much she liked TOS regardless of what the post she was replying to was about and posted those huge images that made the page hard to read.​​

That's not a very nice thing to say. :( I, for one, really like smokebailey.

And since when is liking TOS a lot, not 'constructive'?! I like TOS too. Even screwed up my AoY toon over it, LOL, as I wanted to linger a while in the 23rd century.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    I agree with others, where the hell is the rest of my Crossfield's interior lol! On top of that, with the release of the new sounds and animations, why does my Crossfield still use TNG animation and sounds.... details people!

Would be nice if they updated the Crossfield, T6 Walker, and Sarco to use Discovery warp animations. I mean the Kelvin ships have their own that override the base faction warp outs. Granted its not as radical as going from TNG warp flash to Discovery warp out, but still...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)

I wouldn't know. I've hidden her posts. She never had anything constructive to say other than blathering about how much she liked TOS regardless of what the post she was replying to was about and posted those huge images that made the page hard to read.

That's not a very nice thing to say. :( I, for one, really like smokebailey.

And since when is liking TOS a lot, not 'constructive'?! I like TOS too. Even screwed up my AoY toon over it, LOL, as I wanted to linger a while in the 23rd century.

I just looked at the post in question and it's not constructive because it attempts to reply to the general posts about how these interiors fit in by dismissing every point made as relating to people's opinions (mine specifically I assume) on TOS. My post didn't even mention TOS, it was referring to The Cage's placement in the timeline of DSC.

Being told what my opinion is on something gets tiresome after a while and those images kill my laptop.
    For the record I rank most of TOS somewhere in the middle of my Trek rankings and actually don't mind the general aesthetics of it.

I'm just able to recognise it doesn't fit in with the look established for Starfleet from TMP and follows quite nicely across all other shows and films. If DSC was set in the TOS era I might be more upset it doesn't look like primary coloured cardboard (like it did in Trouble with Tribbles and In a Mirror Darkly) but the fact is that it's a decade too early and still lines up perfectly with the entier rest of the franchise except TOS.​​

#TASforSTO

The Mirror Darkly sets were not 'colored cardboard' as you have a particular fetish for saying. It was made, I believe, by James Cawley, who made the fan series "Star Trek: Phase 2", and the studio actually borrowed it from him. And I must say, it looked good. And Darkly, it was a :3 moment seeing the Connie, inside and out, in that story.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo.

:p
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
This discussion has been closed.