test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Enter the Breach!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
The Breach is returning to PC! Take down the Voth City Ship, and you can earn your very own bio-engineered dinosaur pet!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10993623

Comments

• Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    right step but why one per acc. ?
    Once per account, you’ll be able to purchase the Event Accelerator Bundle: The Breach, for 1000 zen. This bundle, available in the C-store, will give you ten Voth Operative Transmissions, and an Ultimate Tech Upgrade. Use it to give yourself a jump start
  • Options
    pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    While I really like the idea of the pet, I think offering flagrant payment options as ways to overcome obstacles which are intentionally grindy is a really scummy business practice. While I understand the view that its good for people who are time poor (I've missed out on timed events myself before), I find myself aligned more with the idea that it sends a clear message that your game isn't worth the time spent playing it and is quite manipulative.
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    Pet dinosaur, I'm up for that.
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
      While I really like the idea of the pet, I think offering flagrant payment options as ways to overcome obstacles which are intentionally grindy is a really scummy business practice. While I understand the view that its good for people who are time poor (I've missed out on timed events myself before), I find myself aligned more with the idea that it sends a clear message that your game isn't worth the time spent playing it and is quite manipulative.

What he said.
      2gdi5w4mrudm.png
      Typhoon Class please!
    • Options
      tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
      Lol, CCA hasn't even finished yet and we already get a new event announcement, to run *right* after it ends. And on top of that, we'll get an event accelerator bundle. It's like you even tried to make a half-arsed effort to improve player retention, only to shoot yourself into the foot again with dreams of $$$.

"But the game is totally healthy folks!" - confirmed by zone, forums and top fleet players™.
    • Options
      centurian821centurian821 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
      garaks31 wrote: »
      Once per account, you’ll be able to purchase the Event Accelerator Bundle: The Breach, for 1000 zen. This bundle, available in the C-store, will give you ten Voth Operative Transmissions, and an Ultimate Tech Upgrade. Use it to give yourself a jump start

To prevent people from spamming it into a single character, maybe? That's my guess anyway. The reward is Account unlocked so you're really only deciding who gets the Dil and Marks.

I like the idea of this, but I wonder if waiting on making it available until half the Event time has passed to primarily benefit those that missed too many days or never had the time to begin with.
    • Options
      lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
      Another event, Jesus guys give us a break.
      And what’s with the pay-2-skip option? Why even bother with encouraging people to play your game if you’re just going to let people pay to skip content.
      SulMatuul.png
    • Options
      hate3k#8611 hate3k Member Posts: 1 Arc User
      edited September 2018
      Im really starting to hate these events. they take too long to finish if even finish able. and cool-down should be removed. it should be like do it once and your done. and have it unlocked account wide. i think ill avoid events from now. and focus on having fun playing sto.
    • Options
      markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
      garaks31 wrote: »
      Probably because the pet is an account unlock.
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
      Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    • Options
      szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
      If people can buy a reputation pack that lets them finish the project within 4 days you might as well get rid of the CD timer entirely. If people want to do 14 Breach runs on the same day to finish the project, why not let them?
    • Options
      questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
      Pet dinosaur, I'm up for that.

Likewise.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    • Options
      theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
      I'll just grind it so the reward is worth it in the most unsuitable ship possible.
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      • Options
        questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
        @ambassadorkael#6946

Are gamma marks included in the choice of marks? They were noticeably absent during the CE event.
        This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
      • Options
        pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
        edited September 2018
        The Breach is returning to PC! Take down the Voth City Ship, and you can earn your very own bio-engineered dinosaur pet!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10993623
        Any chance you could get rid off or at least reduce all this streamline rubbish? Making things over simple and boring to replay is not how you keep player retention. End game content is in a worse shape today than when the game first shipped all those years ago. We have almost zero end game content left as you turned all the good end game content into casual mid game content.

The original none dumbed down Breach that took team work was the best version. But like most of the decent content you have over simplify it and dumbed it down to much. Yes we need some casual content but its a massive mistake to turn everything into casual content like you have done. Don't you realise you are hurting player retention by going to far into casual content?

Its crazy how after all these years we have great starting content, tons and tons of causal content but not only almost zero end game content but less end game content then we had on the original ship year.
      • Options
        minidariminidari Member Posts: 125 Arc User
        The Bio-Engineered Furiadon Combat Pet, seriously, am I still playing star trek online?
      • Options
        sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
        My initial reaction was noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. need a break from events.

but then I saw the combat pet dino. account unlock?? You got me :)
        Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
        iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User

I do agree that selling a jumpstart pack is a bit on the money grab side of things. But as you said it does help those who may not have the time. We've all been there so I understand the idea behind it. I just can't support it, financially.
        szim wrote: »
        If people can buy a reputation pack that lets them finish the project within 4 days you might as well get rid of the CD timer entirely. If people want to do 14 Breach runs on the same day to finish the project, why not let them?

It would burn me out, but if they removed the timer I'd probably do just that.

Of course, then you'd have the problem of people running it 20+ times a day and making a killing on all the Dil and marks they could get for the "after project". 2k dil a run plus more marks to turn into dil? Yeah, I don't see that causing any trouble. :s
        lordsteve1 wrote: »
        Another event, Jesus guys give us a break.

I agree, would it have hurt to give us a 1 week breather?
        questerius wrote: »
        @ambassadorkael#6946

Are gamma marks included in the choice of marks? They were noticeably absent during the CE event.

I actually hope they are NOT included. Good gawd, the last thing I need is more temptation to run this thing on more than one alt.

Don't get me wrong, I think they should be included. But I'm just at a point where I think I can live with myself and just run these events on one alt instead of seeing how many I can get done in a day without going stark raving insane. I only ran the Crystalline event on multiple alts to get old projects finished and I really haven't regretted not doing it on more.

*sigh*

Who am I kidding, if Gamma marks are available, I will likely run a few alts to get them.
        Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
      • Options
        phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
        I mean, on one hand, this is way too many events pre-next season.
        On the other, I know I need the marks for T6 rep.
        LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
      • Options
        rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
        My initial reaction was noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. need a break from events.

I admit I've got a bit of event fatigue. BUT...

f8c0743c7c63f87dddc825e776108181.jpg

I'm in.
        db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
        I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
        The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
      • Options

Yeah, do it on everyone? no. At least one? yes!
        -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
        My character Tsin'xing
      • Options
        alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
        So much back to back. Feels like I just did the Breach event too. Time to reconsider how much time I put into STO and I'm already at minimum.
        Y945Yzx.jpg
        Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
        · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
        «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
        ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
      • Options
        dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
        edited September 2018
        Bio-Engineered Furiadon Combat Pet

Hot darn, a dino pet (for a few seconds)! :D
        Just let my Mugato ride on it too!
        Forget Vorta as playable species, I want to be a Bio-Engineered Furiado. ;)

Lol, CCA hasn't even finished yet and we already get a new event announcement, to run *right* after it ends. .

Are you new? STO lives off of constant limited time events. They'd be scared to let the normal content stand alone for a week or two!

Breach... I can't wait to have to put up with the same group of AFKers again while Cryptic does nothing. At least it's BoA now so I only have to deal with them in 1 run instead of multiple runs a day.

$8 so you can skip 10 Breaches and get a Upgrade? Breach takes 6-15mins depending on AFKers, so saving 1 to 2.5hrs might be worth it. :/
      • Options
        Just thinking about this some more...
        I guess the solution to AFK'ers is have everyone else pay to avoid them.
      • Options
        ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
        edited September 2018
        We’ve got a brand new feature for this run of the Breach. Once per account, you’ll be able to purchase the Event Accelerator Bundle: The Breach, for 1000 zen. This bundle, available in the C-store, will give you ten Voth Operative Transmissions, and an Ultimate Tech Upgrade.

giphy.gif

• Options

Lol, CCA hasn't even finished yet and we already get a new event announcement, to run *right* after it ends. .

Are you new? STO lives off of constant limited time events. They'd be scared to let the normal content stand alone for a week or two!

Breach... I can't wait to have to put up with the same group of AFKers again while Cryptic does nothing. At least it's BoA now so I only have to deal with them in 1 run instead of multiple runs a day.
        Well that's Cryptics fault for designing 5 player multiplier mission where the goal is for 1 person to fly in a straight line while the others have to wait AFK. The steamline Breach is a terrible design for a multiplayer map.
      • Options
        edited September 2018
        valoreah wrote: »
        phoenix841 wrote: »

Or you could stop PUGging....

Or they could...

Anyway, I didn't want to get into a debate about to PUG or not to PUG :D
      • Options
        valoreah wrote: »

Or you could stop PUGging....

Or they could...

Anyway, I didn't want to get into a debate about to PUG or not to PUG :D
        It doesn't make a difference at least for the trench run part. Even in a none PUG group you still have 1 person doing trench run while the rest either mess around or sit AFK as that's how its designed.
      • Options
        pottsey5g wrote: »

Well that's Cryptics fault for designing 5 player multiplier mission where the goal is for 1 person to fly in a straight line while the others have to wait AFK. The steamline Breach is a terrible design for a multiplayer map.
        Only true for the outside part. The inside part goes a lot faster if everyone is playing. Also you can treat the outside part as a race to see who gets there first.
        -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
        My character Tsin'xing