What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO: Age of Discovery - Excited YEAH/NAY

Comments

• Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    I see no reason for them not to be. Many of them are quite long, detailed, and not what one would expect from say a "Bot" or shill.

Never said anything about bots. Personally, I take everything I read on the internet with a grain of salt. IMO the internet follows the same adage as newspapers;

"If you don't read the paper, you're uniformed. If you do read the paper, you're misinformed."

You forgot also television news.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    artan42 wrote: »
    angrytarg wrote: »
    artan42 wrote: »

Okay. Hypothetical. Burnham didn't execute a Vulcan Hello.
    Describe the next action of the religious zealot in the most powerful ship in the quadrant and his crew of dogmatic military extremists.

"Ya, well, this is awkward. Ehm. It is Kahless who told us to always be vigilant..." - "Oh, shut the nga'chuq up. Guys, pack up, we're done here".​​

T'Kuvma drops to the floor clutching his head...
    'Another vision guys, Kahless says we're to run aw... erm, invade Organia. Yeah, that's what he says. He also says sorry for making you all dress up in your best Ninja clothes.

L'rell rolls her eyes so hard she falls over backwards due to her stupidly oversized and overballanced head.

Voq slinks back to the background, slowly putting his gloves back on sulking.
    More realistically:

"The honorless cowards refuse to come here! We will go to them, dig them out of their holes, and slaughter them like the cattle they are!!"
    That or capture them to be slave labor. what? it's CANON that the Empire has several races as slaves.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    newnjanewnja Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    nope. not interested in JJ anything, and TRIBBLE other than being star trek's VD, is completely flavored by JJtrek, it has no respect for canon. I'll avoid it completely.. think I'll start a Sith on SWTOR

This.
    talonxv wrote: »
    Not a chance in hell. TRIBBLE is a terrible idea. And what about IDK fleshing out the Gamma Quadrant some? Finding New Khitomer? Hello?

TRIBBLE. Utter trash. Convoluted, zero respect for ANY kind of continuity, made the Klingons look like garbage, ships look absolutely NOTHING that has ever in ANY way shape or form before or after while trying to claim prime universe.

I could keep going on both the Klingons and Federation, but to put it bluntly, this is just a BAD idea.

And this.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    foxman00 wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    lianthelia wrote: »
    More no's than yes'...yet they keep spouting out everywhere how TRIBBLE is better than sliced bread...when it can't barely break above 50% here or on RT...it isn't as good as they claim it is.

Really?

At the time of this post it looked like this:
    38% No
    35% Yes
    19% on the fence

So it's not really as 'cut and dry' as "more no than yes" - what of the 19% who're on the fence?

It would actually be interesting to see the reasoning of who voted Yes & No, apart from what we have already seen. While the "No's" are the slightly greater percentage, this is an unofficial poll on a MMO forum site. A small snapshot (and i mean small) of what the greater community might think either way.

it isn't a snapshot of anything. the poll here are only a few people of the entire sto playerbase, a fraction at most. besides, the people here as someone else so bluntly put it in a previous comment are a few trekkies who will argue about anything and everything to do with star trek even the settled issues.

the thing is, if you put this poll on some social networking site and gathered tens of thousands of votes, it is very likely to be different because the few here won't have the controlling impact when tens of thousands have a greater say and a more accurate idea of what the common trekkie thinks. even then, it still won't count for much beyond 1% of the total trek fans. if you want a picture? you'd need half a million to a million trekkies voting to get a more greater sense of where things are at with DSC.

I wouldn't put much stock into this poll and neither should it be used as a point.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Polls of this nature don't mean a lot. Not because posters only make up a small portion of total Trek fans (that's always been a faux argument, as, while true, it's generally the ppl who care about the show, who care enough to post), but simply because 'negative' reviews tend to win. And I don't mean that in a negative way itself. But it's just human nature to fel a need to voice yourself when you don't like something. For instance, ppl rarely come out to post when they watched the show and thought the Klingons looked just fine. They will tell you, though, when there's something they DON'T like. So, all polls like this one do, is primarily attract folks who have some critique on the show. And that's perfectly fine. I just don't think the numbers should mistakenly be seen as indicative of how the show is perceived, world-wide, is all.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    Okay, everyone, we can stop having opinions now - apparently Kobutotokugawa doesn't have opinions, but incontrovertible facts, and no one is allowed to disagree. (For instance, I would appear to have been in error for thinking I enjoyed TLJ, possibly more than any other SW film, because the mighty Kobuto, arbiter of all that is valid in entertainment, has declared it "horrid".)

Sorry, CBS, but all your inside information about viewership of your own show is invalid, because Kobuto has declared it so.

Or, y'know, the Great K can state things as opinions rather than absolute facts, I suppose...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @lianthelia said:
    > reyan01 wrote: »
    >
    > lianthelia wrote: »
    >
    > More no's than yes'...yet they keep spouting out everywhere how TRIBBLE is better than sliced bread...when it can't barely break above 50% here or on RT...it isn't as good as they claim it is.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Really?
    >
    > At the time of this post it looked like this: 38% No
    > 35% Yes
    > 19% on the fence
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > So it's not really as 'cut and dry' as "more no than yes" - what of the 19% who're on the fence?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Okay...I was being nice and just counting the yes' and no's...but if you want to play it that way...35% said yes...you'd think for how much they advertise it for being such a hit show it would get a better approval rating.
    >
    > Barely breaks 50% on RT...
    >
    > Why is CBS so afraid to release real numbers? Is it because a lot of people didn't actually pay for it...All Access isn't doing anywhere near what they expected it to?

They aren't in the least bit afraid to release numbers. They just did so in several events, a stockholder meeting, STLV, and Comic Con. All Access is currwntly sitting at 2.5 million subscribers (it took Netflix 6 years to get to that number), they expect over 4 million before the end of 2019 (Netflix hit 4 million about the time Bojack Horseman came out).

Edit, this does not count viewers watching Discovery without All Access, such as Canadians watching on Space, or the other 188 countries where Netflix carries the show.

And that 2.5 million, is guaranteed to be of people all watching TRIBBLE specifically, episode after episode after episode? Or do people get All Access for other shows? Are they lumping the viewers of other shows in with those of TRIBBLE in effort to bolster TRIBBLE's "metrics?"
  • Options
    reyan01 wrote: »
    lianthelia wrote: »
    More no's than yes'...yet they keep spouting out everywhere how TRIBBLE is better than sliced bread...when it can't barely break above 50% here or on RT...it isn't as good as they claim it is.

Really?

At the time of this post it looked like this:
    38% No
    35% Yes
    19% on the fence

So it's not really as 'cut and dry' as "more no than yes" - what of the 19% who're on the fence?

If they can't decide, you don't get to claim them for the "yes" side, or the "no" side. Until they change/update their vote, they're neither, and can't be counted on.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    Can't we all just get along? :tired_face:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options

We're humans. The sniper for Team Fortress 2 has it right ultimately. And conflict is part of the universe. Btw, you're slipping on posting those pictures whether for warnings, discipline, or reactions...Needs more BMR in that aspect.

BMR, it might be less stressful if you post up one of your happier memes. Your day isn't over yet, you can still find a smile in the day, and maybe a few more of us will.

And no, I'm not going to watch TRIBBLE(even for free), and SW:TLJ was a pile of lawn fudge.
  • Options

We are....in the way Trekkies get along.
    It is ironic that we're all attracted to Star Trek for its Utopian vision of the future but we as a fanbase are all divisive and tribal with regard to a science fiction show. :smiley:

Speak for yourself on this one. Or others. I don't want any utopia, such as found in Star Trek, or Demolition Man. I'm attracted to Star Trek because of Breen ships. And to watch the fanbase jab at each other. :p
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    I wouldn't put much stock into this poll and neither should it be used as a point.
    Quite true.
    What will determine ST:D's popularity in ST:O will be the sale of lockboxes (I assume there will be an Age of Discovery specific one), and AoD starter pack and AoD themed complete pack (containing whatever gear, weapons, ships, etc. from ST:D).
    Should those sales be lackluster--which I suspect they will be--then I would think Cryptic would back off the ST:D content (unless there is some marketing agreement with CBS we are all unaware of). Just speculation on my part I know, but it will be interesting to watch.
    Based on what? The number of Crossfield and Sarcophagus ships in game? Or the number of people running around Risa in a Disco uniform? What about the number of pages in the forum thread about the arcane way the Disco phaser rifle works?

EDITS for the EDIT god!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    Yeah, TLJ is so hated that it made over a billion dollars at the box office.

I wish I could get people to hate me like that...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
This discussion has been closed.