test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why are calls for more content not better received.

Comments

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    They tried this with the borg queues back before the reputation system, and nobody played most of them regardless. People care more about what is fast, and what is easy, over the reward.
    "Nobody played most of them"? This is the exact opposite of what I remember. Have we forgotten the crowds hanging around Roxy's office? The fact that ALL 6 of them, both space and ground, popped, pretty much around the clock, whereas today you can't even name 3 space elites that will actually pop? When the "Number Playing" in an STF was generally double digit around the clock? Nobody played them?

Well, nobody's playing them NOW, that's for sure.
    would that have been true if people had the option to grind CCA? Back then it was basically the only end-game content.
    If they wanted the sets, absolutely. Reducing everything to a dil grind has made 99% of the game content pointless. This is not a good thing.

Or 100%, since nobody needs to grind CCA or anything for dil anymore, either. You can get your quota from admiralty and doffing.

More queue Endeavors would help. I did Counterpoint for the first time in weeks for that.
    Endeavors are themselves just another dil grind.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,443 Community Moderator
    warpangel wrote: »
    Endeavors are themselves just another dil grind.

I'm in it for the ECs right now. B)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • faxmachine#9639 faxmachine Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    Why are calls for content not better received?

While there are many reasons, chief among them are these:

1: some people view "calls for more content" as a criticism of the game

2: some people view any criticism of something they like as a form of personal insult(which is ridiculous)

3: those people then feel the need to argue against what they feel is a personal insult

Also, unrelated to the above:

4: some people enjoy playing devil's advocate against virtually everything. This means no matter what "idea" someone has, they try to come up with some reason why it "won't work" or "isn't realistic" or what-have-you.