test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Honored Dead trait is game breaking and broken.

Comments

• saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    For Federation and Romulan ships, I'll just pretend they use the carcasses of tribbles, instead of crew members for this trait.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    For Federation and Romulan ships, I'll just pretend they use the carcasses of tribbles, instead of crew members for this trait.

They don't call it regenerative hull plating for nothing.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    [quote="daviddxx;c-13320351" On the other side they bring a Console with 125% cat 2 Bonus DmG.. well balanced after the Balanceing. B) [/quote] What console is that?

• seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    postinggum wrote: »
    daviddxx wrote: »
    On the other side they bring a Console with 125% cat 2 Bonus DmG.. well balanced after the Balanceing. B)
    What console is that?

I guess the walker console, didn't know it's cat2 though. :s

Walker Console
    +50 Starship Engineering Readiness
    +10 Accuracy Rating
    +10 Defense Raiting
    +13.3 Hull Regeneration
    Obfuscation Screen
    -For up to 20 Sec (may be deactivated at any time after 3 sec)
    -Held, Untargetable, Unkillable
    -311.7 Shield Regeneration each sec (ground)
    -0 Hull restored each sec (ground)
    When deactivated, gain +120% bonus all damage for duration equal to Time Held
    -2 Min recharge

Power creep aproaches at warp .
  • skonnskonn Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    postinggum wrote: »
    daviddxx wrote: »
    On the other side they bring a Console with 125% cat 2 Bonus DmG.. well balanced after the Balanceing. B)
    What console is that?

I guess the walker console, didn't know it's cat2 though. :s

Walker Console
    +50 Starship Engineering Readiness
    +10 Accuracy Rating
    +10 Defense Raiting
    +13.3 Hull Regeneration
    Obfuscation Screen
    -For up to 20 Sec (may be deactivated at any time after 3 sec)
    -Held, Untargetable, Unkillable
    -311.7 Shield Regeneration each sec (ground)
    -0 Hull restored each sec (ground)
    When deactivated, gain +120% bonus all damage for duration equal to Time Held
    -2 Min recharge

Power creep aproaches at warp .

Shhhhhh.... if it's fed, it's not OP.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    Um, the skyrocketing prices on salvageable items is in response to those items becoming more desirable and those sellers reflecting that by raising their prices, not the devs going in and manipulating things. It's no different from what goes on in marketing in the real world.

I find this to be really naive or disingenuous.
    "in respose to those items becoming more desirable".......yes and who made them more desirable....? and why?

As long as EC=dilithium=zen=$$$$$ Cryptic/PWE has a vested interest in the exchange and dil/zen and the manipulating they do is clear as the nose on your face.

That's just what they WANT you to think! Wake up sheeple!

But seriously: Yes, Cryptic introduced the mod rewrite system just to drive up the price of vendor trash.

Or more seriously: :rolleyes:

Well, considering that it's an awful lot of EC and items and dilithium getting sucked out of the market for ANOTHER currency that only has one specific purpose.....

Hey I'm not Cryptic bashing here, but it's also foolhardy to think they do everything for our benefit.
    It's not hard to get salvage though...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    Um, the skyrocketing prices on salvageable items is in response to those items becoming more desirable and those sellers reflecting that by raising their prices, not the devs going in and manipulating things. It's no different from what goes on in marketing in the real world.

I find this to be really naive or disingenuous.
    "in respose to those items becoming more desirable".......yes and who made them more desirable....? and why?

As long as EC=dilithium=zen=$$$$$ Cryptic/PWE has a vested interest in the exchange and dil/zen and the manipulating they do is clear as the nose on your face.

That's just what they WANT you to think! Wake up sheeple!

But seriously: Yes, Cryptic introduced the mod rewrite system just to drive up the price of vendor trash.

Or more seriously: :rolleyes:

Well, considering that it's an awful lot of EC and items and dilithium getting sucked out of the market for ANOTHER currency that only has one specific purpose.....

Hey I'm not Cryptic bashing here, but it's also foolhardy to think they do everything for our benefit.
    It's not hard to get salvage though...

Nope. Just run a few DSEs and you'll get plenty of things to turn to salvage.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    It got nerfed today, nice, now I don't need to bother trying to get a Sarcophagus dread. Thanks cryptic, you saved me a ton of resources by nerfing this trait.
    velqua wrote: »
    Actually, this is a very nice trait for those of us who can't afford the Shield Overload trait. I'm actually glad I picked it up before it went over 1 Mil ECs.

That being said, evening using this trait doesn't guarantee that a person is invincible. Not everyone has all the necessary traits to be withstand a near infinite amount of attacks. The trait is fine. And I will say, as an Eng, I have had a few KDF blow me up with that trait running. So having 75% All Damage Resistance doesn't always make you invincible.

If anything needs a nerf, it's the KDF and Rom Pilot ships. They are so fast and can cloak and hide so easily. It's is very difficult for a cruiser to event hit them in PvP.

Vaping needs to be removed from PvP! Bottom line.
    Of course, there is a reason max res is capped at 75%.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    It got nerfed today, nice, now I don't need to bother trying to get a Sarcophagus dread. Thanks cryptic, you saved me a ton of resources by nerfing this trait.
    Actually, this is a very nice trait for those of us who can't afford the Shield Overload trait. I'm actually glad I picked it up before it went over 1 Mil ECs.

That being said, evening using this trait doesn't guarantee that a person is invincible. Not everyone has all the necessary traits to be withstand a near infinite amount of attacks. The trait is fine. And I will say, as an Eng, I have had a few KDF blow me up with that trait running. So having 75% All Damage Resistance doesn't always make you invincible.

If anything needs a nerf, it's the KDF and Rom Pilot ships. They are so fast and can cloak and hide so easily. It's is very difficult for a cruiser to event hit them in PvP.

Max res is not 75%, its possible to spike up over 90%.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    which is what makes the console truly hilarious in its OPness...if the feds want it, they have to pay 500m EC to obtain it - klingons just have to pay 2-3m​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User

Eh..you can hit higher than 75% just not for very long...The Ablative Generator pus me at 90% without Miracle worker + to res.

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited January 2018

Eh..you can hit higher than 75% just not for very long...The Ablative Generator pus me at 90% without Miracle worker + to res.

In special circumstances though, no one is flying around at more than +75% res except in rare special temporary instances. Unless something changed I am unaware of?
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    The problem Engs and Cruisers have is that they can't beef up their Damage Res for past 75%, in general, without specific traits and such. However, Tacs and Scis can beef up their damage output so high that even at 75%, you are still vaped. Personally, if diminishing returns exist on damage resistance, it should also be on damage as well. Of course, that will most likely never happen. I just get frustrated that Engs with all the buffs towards heals and resistance still can't withstand vape attacks.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
    The problem Engs and Cruisers have is that they can't beef up their Damage Res for past 75%, in general, without specific traits and such. However, Tacs and Scis can beef up their damage output so high that even at 75%, you are still vaped. Personally, if diminishing returns exist on damage resistance, it should also be on damage as well. Of course, that will most likely never happen. I just get frustrated that Engs with all the buffs towards heals and resistance still can't withstand vape attacks.

There are Definitely diminishing returns on resitance.

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

As long as we are talking 1v1 Eng’s can withstand vape attacks. I haven’t been vaped in years unless massively outnumbered. Even 3v1 and Eng should be able to stay alive a reasonable amount of time.

If you are getting frustrated getting killed via vapes it’s because something is wrong with your build not because Eng cannot withstand vape attacks.

pottsey5g wrote: »
    As long as we are talking 1v1 Eng’s can withstand vape attacks. I haven’t been vaped in years unless massively outnumbered. Even 3v1 and Eng should be able to stay alive a reasonable amount of time.

If you are getting frustrated getting killed via vapes it’s because something is wrong with your build not because Eng cannot withstand vape attacks.

Yea..Even in a MMSV Rom Sci ship..It takes a while for me to die..Depending on the player (SOB and the like) it still takes several passes.

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    skonn wrote: »
    Shhhhhh.... if it's fed, it's not OP.

It's not "fed" though. It's available to both sides. Cheaper to the KDF side in fact. The ship is meh anyway.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • tomgonjinn23tomgonjinn23 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    I bought it for my 3 FED toons for 800K ec each. I used it on my Jemmie Dread at first and my god it is stupidly powerful. With my other tanking attributes I actually stopped activating my abilities to see if I could die and against advanced grade enemies I was out healing their damage/tanking it. It's a fantastic trait.
  • kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User

Doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the build. There are several people in Ker'rat that have builds that will vape you unless you pop an immunity or something like that. Most of the time you don't even see them coming. Dying to someone who can sneak up behind you and dish out hundreds of thousands of damage in seconds doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the build.

In my experience the best way to counter a vaper (this is assuming you know they're coming) is by using a large damage resistance boost (and I mean one that will temporarily push you into the 90% range), a heal that converts incoming damage to health (RSP for shields and the Kobali Reactive Nanite Screen for hull), or an immunity. The only problem with this is they may have someone working with them to subnuke you as soon as you use these abilities.
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv
    edited January 2018
    kyle223cat wrote: »

Doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the build. There are several people in Ker'rat that have builds that will vape you unless you pop an immunity or something like that. Most of the time you don't even see them coming. Dying to someone who can sneak up behind you and dish out hundreds of thousands of damage in seconds doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the build.

In my experience the best way to counter a vaper (this is assuming you know they're coming) is by using a large damage resistance boost (and I mean one that will temporarily push you into the 90% range), a heal that converts incoming damage to health (RSP for shields and the Kobali Reactive Nanite Screen for hull), or an immunity. The only problem with this is they may have someone working with them to subnuke you as soon as you use these abilities.
    Yes it does mean there is something wrong with the build. In my experience the only time people get vaped 1v1 is when they build too much into DPS and neglect defence. Those 1v1 vape 100,000k in a volley runs do not come anywhere near killing a Eng pilot with a reasonable amount of defence while buffs are running. While the immunities are nice without immunity you should be able to last at least 3 volleys if not much longer. I don't even remember the last time someone killed me 1v1 its been that long.

• kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited January 2018

Yes it does mean there is something wrong with the build. In my experience the only time people get vaped 1v1 is when they build too much into DPS and neglected defence. Those vape 100,000k in a volley runs do not come anywhere near killing a Eng pilot with a reasonable amount of defence while buffs are running.

You aren't going against vapers in your 1v1s then. Real vapers aren't flying cannon builds making "volley runs." You're going against more normal escorts. You really have to go to ker'rat to see vapers, and there aren't a ton of them.
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv
    edited January 2018

Yes it does mean there is something wrong with the build. In my experience the only time people get vaped 1v1 is when they build too much into DPS and neglected defence. Those vape 100,000k in a volley runs do not come anywhere near killing a Eng pilot with a reasonable amount of defence while buffs are running.

You aren't going against vapers in your 1v1s then. Real vapers aren't flying cannon builds making "volley runs." You're going against more normal escorts. You really have to go to ker'rat to see vapers, and there aren't a ton of them.
    I have gone against lots of vapers and they always bounce off me and get forced into making volley runs as vaping only works against weak ships with little defense. All you need is a decent hitpoint pool with a decent 50% resistance and vapers fail to kill you 1v1. They then get forced into trying other methods like volley runs.

EDIT: Then add in things like defense, dodge and immunities and it gets very easy to tank. Dodge is perhaps the best defense Eng pilots have yet so few bother to use it then wonder why they die.
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Trait nerf made it pretty terrible now. Maybe in combination with other defensive traits it can still be useful, but it's definitely not op anymore. As for all this talk about eng getting blowed up by vapers...unless they have invincible or are running some king of crazy tank build they will blow up just as fast as a tac or sci. If you blink before you hit miracle worker you die instantly. Lets not pretend that eng or some kind of master tank race that the TRIBBLE's would be jealous of.
    Post edited by nikephorus on
    Tza0PEl.png
    edited January 2018
    coldnapalm wrote: »

Yes it does mean there is something wrong with the build. In my experience the only time people get vaped 1v1 is when they build too much into DPS and neglect defence. Those 1v1 vape 100,000k in a volley runs do not come anywhere near killing a Eng pilot with a reasonable amount of defence while buffs are running. While the immunities are nice without immunity you should be able to last at least 3 volleys if not much longer. I don't even remember the last time someone killed me 1v1 its been that long.

I'm sorry...but you think 100k spike damage is a vaper?!? Try at least 5 times that before they are in the vaper category. Remember that people have SUSTAINED DPS that are in the 300k range. Spiked is gonna be WAY higher than that. Hell my for fun ship isn't even remotely a vape ship and I spike more than 100k.
    100k is vaper, low end vaper but still vaper. You know who I am and what style of ships I fly, so you know that I am aware of how easy it is to spike damage past 300k and you know the difference between 300k DPS and 300k spike.

Sustained DPS of 300k+ is against multiple targets not a single target. What they are really doing is say 50k per target but hitting 6 targets. Once you put those 300k DPS ships against single targets your find the DPS plummets. Still spike damage of 300k or 500k is not hard to survive.

5x 100k wouldn’t be enough spike damage to vape and 1 shot kill a decent eng pilot with buffs running. With the combo of buffs I have running I don’t see how it’s possible for any vape build to kill me instantly. I had some wear me down over time but its been well over a year since I was vape killed insistently.

Every time I have seen an Eng pilot killed via a vape in 1v1 it’s been due to a build that has to low a defence or not enough defence combos. There are a fair few ways to stop vape kills and defend yourself.

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Those 1v1 vape 100,000k in a volley runs do not come anywhere near killing a Eng pilot with a reasonable amount of defence while buffs are running.

Wanted to highlight this bit here. WHILE BUFFS ARE RUNNING. That is assuming you have time to buff at all. Many Vapers out there have cloaks, so you don't even know WHEN to buff, and by the time they decloak and attack, its already too late to buff. Even with decent resists, you're gonna live maybe one or two seconds, and that is not enough time to hit all the "save my A**" buffs.

Vapers are built for spike damage. They need all their buffs up to get maximum carnage in a single pass. And typically a vaper will also have a cloak in order to get that opening volley and catch their opponent off guard.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Unless it's a science officer running a DPScort... In that case they subnuke you as soon as you try to buff.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg