test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Weekend Event Store introduction

This announcement sounds awesome for players.

Link to announcement details: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10655784

Again, I really like this idea & implementation. Well done, Cryptic.

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Certainly means that players might run events more than just the minimum needed for rewards now. AND it benefits alts!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    ioneonioneon Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    Very well done, thank you Cryptic for listening to your fans on this one. I'm sure that this feature will be very much appreciated by all.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    funny how both this and the subject of your other thread still aren't up in GNN

*hint hint @ambassadorkael#6946 *​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Certainly means that players might run events more than just the minimum needed for rewards now. AND it benefits alts!

Most people didn't do that for weekend events, and that's all that's covered by this. Weekend event rewards were also already account-wide, so your alts would always be able to get anything that you had earned in older ones. It does benefit those who start playing in the future, or who missed an event.
    funny how both this and the subject of your other thread still aren't up in GNN

*hint hint @ambassadorkael#6946 *​​

There have been a few news items recently that never got a discussion thread in GNN. Both of the queues for Season 14 and the announcement of the release date for Season 14 are also on this list. You would think that we might want to discuss those things, but apparently not.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Woot. V |^_^\
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    awlaforgeawlaforge Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    It's a welcome start but where this would really be a benefit is for the 14/21 day grind fests. Not a weekend event.
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Oh this is nice. I never got to do the First Contact one this year as i was away for all but one day, however i did slot a single token so with this change i should be able to claim the reward.

A great change for once, now they just need to listen to all the other complaints (HINT -> The queue UI !!!!!!)
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    Wasn't weekend stuff already account wide?

What I'd like to see them do is do that to the 3 week events, but still have the dilithium award be per character. So people who just want the new item can do it on one character, but those that want dilithium can do it on all their alts
  • Options
    centurian821centurian821 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    discojer wrote: »

What I'd like to see them do is do that to the 3 week events, but still have the dilithium award be per character. So people who just want the new item can do it on one character, but those that want dilithium can do it on all their alts

Only since Arena of Sompek (I think) happened, there's a lot of previous stuff that's been unavailable before that.
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Aside from Sompek and the Kobayashi Maru, what other weekend only events have we had? Even First Contact Day this year was a week long event so it may or may not fall under this change.

If this change is not just for weekend events but ALL of these types of "Run mission (X) (Y) times to get (Z) token to fill the rep" type events, then this is incredible news!

If it's literally just for the weekend events, it's still good news as those folks who have missed previous ones will now eventually be able to catch up.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    maniac20#5251 maniac20 Member Posts: 263 Arc User

Only since Arena of Sompek (I think) happened, there's a lot of previous stuff that's been unavailable before that.

the last sompek item was per character
  • Options
    daciaeternadaciaeterna Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    If we take this alone its a very good decision. Kudos.

BUT, if we think of the bigger picture this is a JOKE. Players still wait for rewards from old events to be make aviable, after years allready passed. And someone decides that that we need a retro store for some events that literally just been implemented ?

Yes they may be people that missed this but there are a TON of more players that missed the olders ones ...

Before this we neaded updated pheonix and posibility of a re-roll of recruitment events imo.

And ... using words "popular demand" ... the hundreats of players asking for a fix of the que UI is not considered "popular demand" also ?

Otherwise good stuff.
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited September 2017
  • Options
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    Oh this is nice. I never got to do the First Contact one this year as i was away for all but one day, however i did slot a single token so with this change i should be able to claim the reward.

A great change for once, now they just need to listen to all the other complaints (HINT -> The queue UI !!!!!!)

First Contact Day wasn't a weekend event, so it probably will not be included in this. It ran for a full week.

There have only been the 2 weekend events that used the reputation project unlock method so far, the 1st runs of Arena of Sompek and Kobayashi Maru. Nothing else fits the criteria for this store, but it does look like they plan to do more of these after the 2nd Kobayashi Maru this weekend, so more will be added to it over time.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    awlaforge wrote: »
    It's a welcome start but where this would really be a benefit is for the 14/21 day grind fests. Not a weekend event.

Agreed 100%. The only 21-day event I'd consider doing at this point is Crystaline Entity because of how quick the queue is.

If this implementation was moved to the new Sompek, the Mirror Invasion, and The Breach (event version), I'd be more likely to give them multiple runs as I'd only need one per day but could run more for Marks I need on alts (rather than feeling I need to run it on everyone and getting burned out just at the thought of running it X times just for the reputation reward).
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    entnx01 wrote: »
    awlaforge wrote: »

Agreed 100%. The only 21-day event I'd consider doing at this point is Crystaline Entity because of how quick the queue is.

And have you noticed, we haven't had a Crystalline Entity event in a LONG time.

*SPECULATION*

I believe the reason for that is because the Devs are redesigning it. Again. They just don't want their 3 week events to be completed so easily, which is why we get timers and cut scenes that can't be skipped. They won't rerun the Crystalline event until they've decided just exactly what they want to do with it. And that redesign may be close to seeing the light of day.

/speculation
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited September 2017

BUT, if we think of the bigger picture this is a JOKE. Players still wait for rewards from old events to be make aviable, after years allready passed. And someone decides that that we need a retro store for some events that literally just been implemented ?

Yes they may be people that missed this but there are a TON of more players that missed the olders ones ...

Before this we neaded updated pheonix and posibility of a re-roll of recruitment events imo.

And ... using words "popular demand" ... the hundreats of players asking for a fix of the que UI is not considered "popular demand" also ?

Otherwise good stuff.

There is always another side to an story. In other MMOs they don't allow to get "past" event stuff. What's the use of doing them? these should be a "one time" rewards only for compensating those who truly were here at a specific time when it was originally run. Heck, either that or open everything else it was ever given away like Shard of Possibilities, the EMH doctor, the golden NAGUS ship or Leeta.​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The last Sompek was a single Character unlock because it also awarded Fleet Marks, Choice Marks, and Dilitium. It was NOT a Weekend Event but a 21-day grindfest.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User

Otherwise good stuff.

There is always another side to an story. In other MMOs they don't allow to get "past" event stuff. What's the use of doing them? these should be a "one time" rewards only for compensating those who truly were here at a specific time when it was originally run. Heck, either that or open everything else it was ever given away like Shard of Possibilities, the EMH doctor, the golden NAGUS ship or Leeta.​​

I'm missing something. How does Cryptic allowing other players that missed some previous event earn a reward or some new players that were not playing during that previous event earn a reward negate or hinder you? What other positive(s) is there for "one time" rewards besides showing-off & caressing fragile egos? Heck, October is next month & I think Cryptic allows that "Hearts & Minds" episode to rerun anytime there's a Fri. the 13th & Halloween. If you already have that DOFF how does it hurt you if others are allowed to earn it?

Your examples seem mixed too in validity if I'm not mistaken. Isn't the Shard of Possibilities still earned whenever they have those limited-time Episode Reruns? The EMH doctor if you are referring to the DOFF is rewarded from the "All That Glitters" episode isn't it? The golden Nagus ship &/or Leeta seemed like they were special deliveries for whatever reasons to certain players &/or that Leeta might've been that promotional charity donation I had read about.

Just like the Infinity Boxes & the Red Matter Capacitors it seems Cryptic has somewhat adapted to a at first exclusiveness then later down the road open it up for inclusiveness sometimes with limitations.
  • Options
    disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    I still want those old 3 week events to be easier to complete, and have THEIR rewards be account unlocks. Those are the ones that weren't account unlocks in the first place.

And really, what's the point of this store? We still have to wait for weekend events to roll around, still only get the 3 days to do them, only now we get to choose from things that were already available in the past? What's the point? Who does this help?

...and while we're on it, I'd still like to see some of the obscure prepurchase incentives added in. Chromodynamic armor, phaser satellite turret console, neodymium deflector dish...
  • Options
    You get four days.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    > @repetitiveepic said:
    > It helps people missed the previous ones.

But then what? Won't they still be behind on items? Are we going to have events that don't have any new items introduced so we can catch up? What about the people who already have anything? Are they just going to end up with extra vouchers they can't use?
  • Options
    Or both if you have Vouchers left over from a previous time.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    > @repetitiveepic said:
    > It helps people missed the previous ones.

But then what? Won't they still be behind on items? Are we going to have events that don't have any new items introduced so we can catch up? What about the people who already have anything? Are they just going to end up with extra vouchers they can't use?

They run for 96 hours, so you could easily get 4, and push it to 5 if you have the freedom in your schedule. Right now, there are only 2 things that for certain will be in there, so anyone who didn't get those and started now could be all caught up in as few as 3 events, or up to 6 events. That's assuming the old things and the new things will all cost 3 vouchers.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    288.gif
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    It's possible to get more vouchers than needed for one reward. Up to 5 per weekend. So people can catch up, over multiple events. People who already have everything don't have to run those extra times. Or they can keep the vouchers to get a head start for the next one.

This is how the big seasonal events used to work, except account-wide. It's very good system.