test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Announcing the Dranuur Colony Fleet Holding!

Comments

• littlemonchichilittlemonchichi Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    Anyone noticed that the Dranuur Projects are giving now only 1000 EXP instead of 1200 EXP?
    (Before Release at the Holodeck the reward for the biggest Project was 1200 EXP - now at the Holodeck AND the Tribble Server 1000 EXP)

The calculations of the costs are now much worse!
    Not 208 Projects - 250 Projects :p

"Be excellent to each other and Party on Dudes!"
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    casbyness wrote: »
    Oh...nope. Even a really good score on a mini game only awards about 200 of a single provision. Often you only get 50-150 from one game. To get the full 250 of each type I need to do each mini game at least twice, perhaps 3-4 times, in order to collect the 250 limit. And each single mini game takes 60 seconds to complete.

Then I have to switch alt and do the exact same thing with another character. And then I have to switch alt again and get another 250 of each on a third character. And then again on a fourth. And then once more, for a total of needing to grind out 250x3 on five different alts in order to hit the required 1,046 for each daily project.
    enh, you'll probably get better at the mini games. :p It took me 5 total to get the provisions on the one character I've had time to do it on so far. Rad scan was worst, I got a little over half on my first run, particle collection was 225 for my first run, mining I got in one go.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I ran one of the new Queues last night and was awarded 125 Provisions for the Colony on Normal.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    Radiation scan is borked. In a post on another thread even a score of 1100+ will not give the full reward. Dilithium mining and Omega particle appear to be working fine.

Sorry if this has been suggested before, how about some Doff missions that reward them? Some of them could include trade for some of the older commodities that are collecting dust in our banks... :/
    Are we there yet?
  • casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »
    casbyness wrote: »
    I have a solo fleet. I got it to Tier 4 in the Starbase holding, and fully completed all the other smaller holdings. I *just* last week completed K-13, there's two days left until the final upgrade finishes and my fleet hit level 61.

It took literally years for me to make this much progress on my own, using six alts.

(...)

Shall I kill myself now, or let the mini games do it for me? O.o

A Tier 4 starbase with all other holding complete built solely by you? Wow. You, good sir, deserve a pat on the back. That is some incredible effort you put in there.

I had help with fleet marks from Armada partners, should have mentioned that :)
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    I've been working on the advancement of the Colony subtracks for a few days now.
    At T1 level, it's not so bad.
    Aiming for T2 for one of them and T3 for the second.
    I want Kit Modules and Secondary Deflectors.

But I was told at T4, the Dil donations become extremely expensive.
    As stated before, for a smaller fleet, that makes it an impractical/impossible goal.

The minigames aren't so bad, with a few characters, I can easily earn enough resources for the project on the following day.
    Or even get a few extra for later use.
    Most end up in the coffers anyway.
    My major concern is that because it requires two minigames to meet the target amount, the second amount is culled.
    For example, 225 ore per game and the second completion is trimmed to 25 ore, resulting in the loss of 200 ore.
    Since we need lots of these resources to advance progression, it's not right to take some of it away.

Did come across an interesting problem:
    3EE2131A8128392BDF3713627BB1F975B966C181
    Apparently the game will only let you donate amounts in multiples of 10, when you have 4, it locks out the donation to coffers.

The coral I find amusing.
    As if it's not dangerous enough with the venom barbs and the acidic filiaments, now it's generating omega particles!!!! :D

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
    I had 250 extra on a few of the Provisions but the Coffer contribute buttons were grayed out.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    I had 250 extra on a few of the Provisions but the Coffer contribute buttons were grayed out.
    BTW, there's fleet permissions for those.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    I thought that may be the case. I had asked that either up the line in here or in one of the plethora of Threads on the subject. Thanks :)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • alkeldaalkelda Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    Since I can use my Risa powerboard and wear swimwear on the colony, why would player characters be the only ones running around in swimwear? How about changing the outfits on the endless streams of Lukari and Kentari NPCs stomping the trails to beachwear and swimwear? Or even 'off duty' outfits? How about having a few NPCs whizzing across the lagoon on powerboards of their own, like on Risa?

And speaking of Risa, what about adding some summer event-like events to the colony to alleviate some of the grind? Something else to do, maybe for colony provisions (hint) than play minigames until you suffer brain damage?

by the way...I noticed an odd circular shadow in the middle of the lagoon that does not quite match up with the 'deep water' dimensions. Could this be a shadow from the lukari ship that is supposed to be available at some point, there?

@alk
    The Lukari and Kentari are too busy working for frivolous activities. ;)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    There is a glitch with the deep water.
    Once while gliding across it on a hoverboard, I accidentally turned it off, fell into an infinite abyss/off the map and was relocated back to the colony beamin point.
    I think this is because STO has not enabled swimming animations, even though they are most likely there (it's in the core engine code).
    We have a private ocean and we don't get to swim in it? :s

The hoverboard is getting a bit boring.
    And in some cases, it's impractical, when I try to fly over land, it shuts down.
    For the coral and the batteries, that doesn't matter, but a fair portion of the distance to the ore is over land.
    Could we have some kind of minihovercraft instead? Something that travels along a flat surface regardless of whether it is land or water?
    Not a fan of flying personal transport.
    And we need some ground vehicles in STO.
    It might even be added as a specific vendor purchase for the colony.
    Just make sure it's at low level, nobody wants to grind to T5 for a novelty transport.
    Radiation scan is borked. In a post on another thread even a score of 1100+ will not give the full reward. Dilithium mining and Omega particle appear to be working fine.

Sorry if this has been suggested before, how about some Doff missions that reward them? Some of them could include trade for some of the older commodities that are collecting dust in our banks... :/

The amount cap is always 250, regardless of how good the score is.
    I find this personally disappointing, because I do the minigames twice and the second amount is always trimmed down to less then 250.

There are three optional upgrades to add a Security, Science and Engineering officer for DOFF assignments, available at T1 of each subtrack.
    What assignments they offer I am not aware of at this point.
    But it would be nice if they had something specifically for the colony.
    Let our DOFFs help collecting the resources! :D

Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
    I was wrong about the Ore (mining) mini-game, it does not offer the full 250 at the magic regular Mining full payout score of 715. You get 225 instead. You need to make it to 800+ something to get it.

I mean, it seems they are trying to make this more of a grind than they need to.

I did get 800 something on the Radiation game today and that only awarded 175.

Last night I had the Omega game pull its typical behavior, stopping at 0 or at less than 15 seconds in. No announced rewards but I could swear I must have gotten 25 'under the covers' for me to get 250 with the announced rewards.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User

https://sto.gamepedia.com/List_of_colony_world_projects

Oh boy, the Dil requirement curve is much steeper than I originally thought. Fleets already need tens of thousands of Dil in Tier 1 and 2 each day if the XP projects are supposed to be engaged on a daily basis. As so few can come up with this the income from auto collection will be totally suffice to fill projects later on.

Nobody will need to play for provisions if fleets cant progress their XP due to such obstacles.

That’s one well thought through release. :D
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Holy moly! 2 million Dil for the final upgrade?!?!?!?

Together with all those other upgrades it'll be a wonder if we ever see this holding completed. Those dil costs seem astronomically high. G riding out the provisions is what people are moaning about most but that is going to be child's play compared to getting people to dump that much dil into this holding.
    SulMatuul.png
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    Dil is the problem... so few people are willing to donate dil to fleet projects because of the FC payout. That, and dil is highly prized (more cost-effective) for converting to Zen, Upgrading, etc.

My KDF fleet completed round 7 of the XP projects today and, so far, between myself and the othet fleeties who do donate dil, things are progressing nicely. There will come a time in the near future where the dil requirements will be more than those few of us who donate dil to the projects can handle within what I would call a reasonable time-frame.

When that happens, there’s nothing that can be done but to progress as much as we can without getting burned out.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
    Dil is the problem... so few people are willing to donate dil to fleet projects because of the FC payout. That, and dil is highly prized (more cost-effective) for converting to Zen, Upgrading, etc.

My KDF fleet completed round 7 of the XP projects today and, so far, between myself and the othet fleeties who do donate dil, things are progressing nicely. There will come a time in the near future where the dil requirements will be more than those few of us who donate dil to the projects can handle within what I would call a reasonable time-frame.

When that happens, there’s nothing that can be done but to progress as much as we can without getting burned out.

Near future? If you keep at it by Sunday you will start to need 27500 Dil for every XP project you intend to fill so almost 100k each day if you want to keep them rotating on a daily basis. :#
    animated.gif

Near future? If you keep at it by Sunday you will start to need 27500 Dil for every XP project you intend to fill so almost 100k each day if you want to keep them rotating on a daily basis. :#

Yeah it is gonna start adding up really fast.

I mean on my main most of my dil goes to upgrades and turning to Zen, so i have little to spare. I definitely do not have the quantities needed here.
    Luckily our fleet is going really well so far and getting things filled quickly and have a lot of people helping too, but in the later stages i can see people having to drop real cash on this to get things done. Even with the 20+ people contributing (actually a LOT more as the leader board doesn't count he coffer donations!) that is going to be a lot of dil needed.
    SulMatuul.png
    lordsteve1 wrote: »

Yeah it is gonna start adding up really fast.

I mean on my main most of my dil goes to upgrades and turning to Zen, so i have little to spare. I definitely do not have the quantities needed here.
    Luckily our fleet is going really well so far and getting things filled quickly and have a lot of people helping too, but in the later stages i can see people having to drop real cash on this to get things done. Even with the 20+ people contributing (actually a LOT more as the leader board doesn't count he coffer donations!) that is going to be a lot of dil needed.

Roger, I get a similar picture in my fleets.

Sure, buying Dil over zen is an option cryptic and some of the players around here hope what fleet leaders will do. Problem however could be the availability. I’m not online atm so can’t check but if the needed 72M Dil translate to 240k Zen. Is there even enough Dil for a single fleet on the exchange? :/
    animated.gif
    It was a bait and switch for them with Dilitium from the beginning. Their original ridiculous requirements for Provisions had people saying to substitute Dilitium. Well they obliged but substituted Dilitium in levels that were far beyond the pale.

It was the Dilitium, it was always the Dilitium. We should all take this as ANOTHER lesson in being careful what you wish for with Crpytic. This or that is OP please cut it back. Result, nerfed into practical uselessness.

You know, just because this is a five Tier Holding, it is a HOLDING and not the Starbase. Levels for each Tier should not have been as great or greater than the Starbase itself.

Well it would be a hoot that this was made so onerous that when they introduce an Ultra-Rare R&D Promotion Pack that contains a Genesis Device, people will fall over themselves to get one. Instant Level Upgrade.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User

Two million is inline with the tier 5 starbase upgrade which, while I don't necessarily like it, is understandable for another T5 holding. But consider the 150 XP projects needed to raise a branch from T4 to T5 and the 100k+ dilithium they each require. That's 15 million dilithium just to get to the upgrade! With two more branches!

The switch from DOffs and reduced provisions to dilithium came at the last minute about five days before release, so I'm really, really hoping that these numbers will be evaluated again.
    fftt wrote: »

Two million is inline with the tier 5 starbase upgrade which, while I don't necessarily like it, is understandable for another T5 holding. But consider the 150 XP projects needed to raise a branch from T4 to T5 and the 100k+ dilithium they each require. That's 15 million dilithium just to get to the upgrade! With two more branches!

The switch from DOffs and reduced provisions to dilithium came at the last minute about five days before release, so I'm really, really hoping that these numbers will be evaluated again.

Yeah the starbase was similar in volumes but that was before upgrades were added and took priority for a lot of people's dilithium usage. Plus, back then the dilex was much lower too so people could spare a it of dil here and there for projects as it wasn't all needed to get a good amount of Zen.
    I felt more willing to drop dil on the star base than on this holding.

The exchange rate for dil-fledits doesn't help either, the 1:1 ratio has been and always will be the enemy of the fleet system. People would perhaps drop dil into the holding more if the return in fledits was double or even treble what is currently is.

Personally (and i suspect many others too), I would be happy to spend time grinding more provisions if it reduced the dil requirements considerably. The minigames are annoying but they are nowhere near as off-putting as the thought of having to drop 15M+ dilithium into a single upgrade for the holding.
    SulMatuul.png
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Has anyone figured out how "Automated Collection" of Provisions works???

Is this per fleet? Per character? Does it tie into Fleet Coffers??
    Or does one have to "collect" it somewhere? Is it a DOFF assignment?

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Fleet_Colony_World

I am just seeing it listed on the Wiki...and was curious.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    My fleet finally maxed out all fleet holdings earlier this year. It was a long slog for our small fleet but we finally got there.

Now there's this. Cool.

Acquiring these new provisions though seems unnecessarily laborious. Projects are time gated, then on top of that earning provisions for them is time gated and further you can't earn more than the fixed 250 amount.

I've been the main contributor to fleet projects and once I worked out the doff FC feedback loop, it wasn't so bad to grind. Boring and annoying, but I could deal with it.
    These provisions though, kill it.

With so many time gates it seems Cryptic just really want to forcefully slow down progression and ultimately completion.
    I wonder though why they don't just increase the project completion timer instead.

If it's here to stay I would prefer to see these provision types as a box option reward for completing queues instead of other types of marks. Not just tied to the two new ones (and in all likely hood, none further).

Also what are the coffers for? I don't understand. It's not really explained well from what I've seen.
    AFMJGUR.jpg
    My fleet finally maxed out all fleet holdings earlier this year. It was a long slog for our small fleet but we finally got there.

Now there's this. Cool.

Acquiring these new provisions though seems unnecessarily laborious. Projects are time gated, then on top of that earning provisions for them is time gated and further you can't earn more than the fixed 250 amount.

I've been the main contributor to fleet projects and once I worked out the doff FC feedback loop, it wasn't so bad to grind. Boring and annoying, but I could deal with it.
    These provisions though, kill it.

With so many time gates it seems Cryptic just really want to forcefully slow down progression and ultimately completion.
    I wonder though why they don't just increase the project completion timer instead.

If it's here to stay I would prefer to see these provision types as a box option reward for completing queues instead of other types of marks. Not just tied to the two new ones (and in all likely hood, none further).

Also what are the coffers for? I don't understand. It's not really explained well from what I've seen.

If you manage to get to tier 1 you kinda don’t have to worry about provisions again.

Depending on the tier you reach roughly 1-3,5k of each of those provisions will be automatically put into your coffer for you to freely use on projects. Given the figures on wiki that’s roughly 1/3 of the daily need. Now where do the other 2/3 come from? That would be a legitimate question *if* it would not be for Dil demands one has to cope with if a daily XP progression is pursued:

From Tier 1-2 you already need ~60k Dil each day,
    from Tier 2-3 you need ~150k Dil each day,
    from Tier 3-4 you need ~ 240k Dil each day,
    from tier 4-5 you need ~320k Dil each day.

Since there is no Fleet in Star Trek Online which will be able to do so, all fleets will literally drown in provisions in no time.
    Fiascos like these happen if people tinker out a system who have lost all touch with the player base years ago, don’t listen to feedback and who have probably never filled a single base project by themselves.
    animated.gif
    Yeah when you see the numbers it looks like the provisions or the farming of them is absolutely NOT going to be an issue within a short period of time. Those moaning about grinding them out will not need to as the auto collection together with a tiny number of regular fleet members farming will cause the holding to drown in provisions very quickly.

The dilithium on the other hand will be a major issue even for large fleets. Nobody wants to drop dil on the fleet projects because 1) payout is atrocious and 2) dil is needed more importantly elsewhere (upgrades).
    Perhaps they could add in some form of auto collection for dilithium to the fleet mine that could be linked to a coffer system like the provisions are? Then at least smaller fleets, or any fleet without members willing to grind themselves to death/pay real cash for progress would stand a chance.
    SulMatuul.png
  • asri#3675 asri Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    It was fine how it was before. But people started to complain, and here we go!
    From Tier 4 to Tier 5...11k provisions needed. I think there are enough fleets with 10 people willing to do this 2 times with 2 characters each day.
    It takes about 20 mins. It is easier to convince 10 ppl to dedicate 20 mins of their time for this fleet holding. 20 mins daily, ofc.
    But no, it was too much! Of course is too much, for many people is more comfortable to jump over the exchange consoles and fill the chat with all the TRIBBLE...for hours. For those even the daily winter event run is a torment.

ltminns wrote: »
    Last night I had the Omega game pull its typical behavior, stopping at 0 or at less than 15 seconds in. No announced rewards but I could swear I must have gotten 25 'under the covers' for me to get 250 with the announced rewards.

That has happened to me a few times.
    The first time, it instantly stopped before I could even start the game.
    0 seconds elapsed and it instantly self deactivates? :s

There is definitely a problem with the donation of Provisions to the Colony Project. When donating the last amount of Provisions if you have have more of the specific Provision type than is needed and you are donating all that is needed it will donate 10 less and then you have to donate the 10 separately to complete.

For example, the Luxury Provisions need 150 more to complete. You have 400. You donate 150. Only 140 is donated and you need to donate 10 more. This has happened to every one of the Projects fully provisioned since we have started this and I have completed all of the Projects.

Related somehow to that 10 increments with the Coffers? Who knows, could be when you rush stuff out the door.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns