test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Announcing the Dranuur Colony Fleet Holding!

Comments

• Options
    themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    darthwoo wrote: »
    fftt wrote: »
    tilarta wrote: »
    ...Oh, I've been wanting that for a long time!
    Make it so.
    I purposefully had to move the confirm buy popup button over where the purchase button is to make the process faster.....
    Control-Click is your friend!

I was about to post something similar. What I do is have one hand holding down control, while I hover the other hand over the mouse with two fingers over the LMB, alternating clicks. I'm not sure if it really makes it faster than just using one finger, but it seems like I get everything purchased more quickly. Unfortunately I can't seem to make it work with my right hand so I awkwardly have my right index finger holding down control while my left arm goes over top of it to do the mouse clicky part.

Click "Buy," then hit Enter twice with your other hand. Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Took in 100 DOFFs in a couple of minutes like that.

'Bout as quick as I can get it.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • Options
    tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,799 Arc User
    Speaking from experience, I think it would be best if DOFFs were not a part of project advancement.
    I was purchasing DOFFs directly from the Fleet Store to fill our assignments and I had to cease doing so because it was consuming too much Fleet Credits.

Dilithium is also the major progression limiter for smaller fleets.

Any other requirements can be provided in time, but if it's DOFFs or Dil, that guarantees the assignment won't be filled/activated.

And yes, I wish we could do more with Fleet Holdings.
    My number one priority request is that we get to put the Fleet Logo on the starbase and customise the colors.
    So when you do a Fleet Alert, you can instantly recognise your Fleet's starbase if it should appear.
    They're too generic at the moment, nothing to tell them apart from another one.
    It would also be nice if this could be done with the other holdings as well.

Number two priority request is that we get personalized quarters on the Fleet Starbase, like Sisko and his command crew did in Deep Space Nine.
    Preferably with lots of customization options.

A secondary request is that the Fleet Holdings be designated as continuously active Hub areas.
    It's disappointing to me that I can't move my characters into the Fleet Base permanently because the game keeps unloading the instance whenever my characters are offline.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    darthwoo wrote: »
    fftt wrote: »
    ...Oh, I've been wanting that for a long time!
    Make it so.
    I purposefully had to move the confirm buy popup button over where the purchase button is to make the process faster.....
    Control-Click is your friend!

I was about to post something similar. What I do is have one hand holding down control, while I hover the other hand over the mouse with two fingers over the LMB, alternating clicks. I'm not sure if it really makes it faster than just using one finger, but it seems like I get everything purchased more quickly. Unfortunately I can't seem to make it work with my right hand so I awkwardly have my right index finger holding down control while my left arm goes over top of it to do the mouse clicky part.

Click "Buy," then hit Enter twice with your other hand. Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Took in 100 DOFFs in a couple of minutes like that.

'Bout as quick as I can get it.

That's what I used to do. My method, though awkward, could yield 100 in about 15-20 seconds.
  • Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    My number one priority request is that we get to put the Fleet Logo on the starbase and customise the colors.
    So when you do a Fleet Alert, you can instantly recognise your Fleet's starbase if it should appear.
    They're too generic at the moment, nothing to tell them apart from another one.
    It would also be nice if this could be done with the other holdings as well.
    A good idea; one cannot help but wonder why it hadn't occurred to anyone on the dev team...
    Number two priority request is that we get personalized quarters on the Fleet Starbase, like Sisko and his command crew did in Deep Space Nine.
    Preferably with lots of customization options.
    Once again, just look at the success FFXIV and SWTOR have enjoyed with respect to player housing. Aside from the starbase, there are just so many possibilities to be had, and many of those customization options could be purchased from the fleet holdings; still others would flesh out the GPL store.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Forget GPL as it seems they are pretty much giving up on it. Tribble Patch Notes show that they are reducing GPL rewards from Ferengi Admiralty Missions by 80% and substituting EC for it.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    And I think those tribble patch notes included a note that boffs will be able to be purchased in batches of 50 now. My right index finger gives it's thanks :)

I think it's provisions that are going to be one tough aspect with the new holding as currently you have to visit several npc's spread over a large map to get them via playing a mini-game. Am assuming you will also be able to buy them for FC when this goes live but if not this will get tedious with a capital T.

On the plus side it looks like there's a projects for each tier that enables some sort of "automated goods collection" that give so many per day, other projects giving discounts (additional items for same cost) for gear provisioning, as well as a projects giving timer reductions. Hopefully the fleet dil mine discounts will come into play as well.

That's about all my brain can retain from a brief foray into a hastily built tribble colony holding that ended with getting thoroughly berated by the holdings security chief for poor performance on the battlefield after queueing a ground battle with only 2 of us there :neutral:
  • Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    Having checked it out on Tribble i have to say it is a gorgeous map.

Loads of space for expansions that i'm sure will pop up as you complete the various stages.
    For the curious, a walkthrough is now in the wild; I find myself in agreement with your sentiment.

ltminns wrote: »
    Forget GPL as it seems they are pretty much giving up on it. Tribble Patch Notes show that they are reducing GPL rewards from Ferengi Admiralty Missions by 80% and substituting EC for it.
    It is unfortunate that the persons involved have not, to my knowledge, shown the common courtesy of explaining this decision. Should their argument be 'there's nothing in the GPL store that players as a whole are interested in', that'd be true... which then raises the question of why don't they put some thought into actually addressing said argument (as I and others have suggested; never mind that folks have interpreted the infusion of GPL as a sign that there might be more things to spend it on).

protoneous wrote: »
    I think it's provisions that are going to be one tough aspect with the new holding as currently you have to visit several npc's spread over a large map to get them via playing a mini-game. Am assuming you will also be able to buy them for FC when this goes live but if not this will get tedious with a capital T.
    I'll have to go back and review the abovecited video, but it appears that each resource can be collected from multiple points on the map, so a round of collections (daily missions?) might not involve as much of the Heel-Toe Express as one might initially think.
  • Options
    You can bet if you could convert GPL to Zen, there'd be whole load of expensive stuff they'd put into the GPL Store that people may actually want (and cut the award amount of it too). ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    And I think those tribble patch notes included a note that boffs will be able to be purchased in batches of 50 now. My right index finger gives it's thanks :)

On the plus side it looks like there's a projects for each tier that enables some sort of "automated goods collection" that give so many per day, other projects giving discounts (additional items for same cost) for gear provisioning, as well as a projects giving timer reductions. Hopefully the fleet dil mine discounts will come into play as well.

That's about all my brain can retain from a brief foray into a hastily built tribble colony holding that ended with getting thoroughly berated by the holdings security chief for poor performance on the battlefield after queueing a ground battle with only 2 of us there :neutral:

lolol it really is a minigame?

Yes you have the Omega minigame, the radiation scan one from New Romulus and also a variant on the dilithium mining one.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    I have an small interest in the Space Weapons, and Lukari and Kentari Bridge officers. Nothing else.

One possible exception "This Track will present players with a special reward unlock upon reaching Tier 5, but we are not yet ready to announce these details. Watch for a future announcement!"

I don't know till I find out.

One thing these projects should use more of then dil or doffs is fleet marks.
  • Options

I'm really hoping that as suggested in the video linked above that the mini-games are just place holders. If that isn't the case not sure how hard I'll be laughing!

One thing shown in the video that aren't placeholders are the shield generators first shown at about 13:24. They're what you end up defending if you pop a ground defense scenario.

Another thing of interest is the standard Tier 4 projects that would normally give 1200 xp are giving 20,000 xp on Tribble. Not sure if this is a test only feature or working as intended.
  • Options
    ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    ...Another thing of interest is the standard Tier 4 projects that would normally give 1200 xp are giving 20,000 xp on Tribble. Not sure if this is a test only feature or working as intended.
    Most likely the xp is so high to accelerate progression for testing.
  • Options
    Perhaps they are using the normal Starbase Template and for a Holding they don't really want it to take a minimum of 150 days to level from Tier IV to V. One way would be to increase the XP per Daily. At the 20k XP, that would be a bit less than 13 days. About right for a Holding.

We don't need something that takes a year to complete. It's bad enough that Crafting takes as long as it does to get to 20.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    Looks like i'm going to have to be on the hunt for a active KDF Fleet or its going to be another Fleet Holding that never gets finished.

Any chance of allowing Armada's to have both KDF and Fed Fleets together ?.
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited September 2017

I could imagine the Devs who crippled PvE over the new queue UI in S13 got assigned to other tasks in S14. :(

Hopefully you guys at cryptic don’t ruin the next part of the game over some really bad ideas. It does not take much to turn a well meant expansion into a fiasco and that decision sounds like it qualifies again.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited September 2017

I was watching a video covering the Colony on You Tube yesterday.....

It is crazy how far apart those consoles are to start the mini games. It was not really clear how often one could run these games, either. And they don't seem to be set up to reward properly?

I saw the provision requirements for upgrade projects....the numbers (80,000+) is prohibitive. And that was at Tier 3!!!! I did not catch the requirements for DL, EXP and FM etc....

But then, gave up after about 40 mins into a 2+ hour video. I saw enough, not sure if they were able to eke out any info in the remainder of the video that would make the Colony holding look like anything besides punishment for players.

Pretty sky and beach, though....that won't save it.
    And walking through the bridges like a ghost...funny.

P.S. I don't get it....does this sort of thing play better on Consoles??
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    lordsteve1 wrote: »

Yes you have the Omega minigame, the radiation scan one from New Romulus and also a variant on the dilithium mining one.

2017 has been a dark year for this game

It sure does seem like it.

Here's to hoping that Cryptic turns itself around for the back quarter of 2017 & into 2018.

From what I've been reading about & viewing in a couple of videos on YouTube about this Dranuur Colony Fleet Holding I'm so far impressed.

It seems like Cryptic has placed a lot of thought & effort into this to which I state, "Well done it appears".

• Options
    valoreah wrote: »
    There are 2 more posts from well known players directly above your post quoted here concerning either a) the current contributing power of fleets for a new tier 5 holding or b) the ability of even larger fleets to get enough members logged in to participate in various aspects of the new holding.

Ok? That's 2 people out of how many players in the whole playerbase?

You ask for numbers and sources, I say use your eyeballs. You then ask for a number that would be one of Cryptic's most carefully guarded secrets in the loosest of terms. Nicely done.

Although I occasionally have concerns about this game that may or may not be shared by others and are based upon what I observe in my own limited circle so cannot be backed up by numbers, as a long term player I hope it continues to do well far into the future :smile:

• Options
    tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,799 Arc User
    Anyone got some screenshots of the requirements for the new holding?
    I wasn't able to preview it on Tribble.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    salvation4salvation4 Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    This looks interesting!! Loads of Tank gear in there and decent amount of offensive tuning, would make for a good ship to mothball..My sov is already cranking in at 110K HP lets see how much more..

I hope in the meantime the fleet I am in doesn have a warp core breach anytime soon!!
    Adrian-Uss Sovereign NCC-73811 (LVL 65 FED ENG) UR/E MKXV Fleet Intel Assault Cruiser (April 2012) (Main)
    Adu-Uss Firefox NCC-93425-F (LVL 65 FED AoY ENG) UR/VR MKXV Fleet Intel Assault Cruiser (July 2016)
    Jean-Uss Seratoga Ravenna (LVL 60 FED Delta ENG) UC/R MKVI Bajoran Escort (April 2018)
    Dubsa-RRW Mnaudh (LVL 50 FED allied ROM Delta ENG) Warbird (May 2018)
    Marop-IKS Orunthi (LVL 50 KNG Delta ENG) BoP (May 2018)
    Kanak'lan-TRIBBLE (LVL 65 DOM Gamma ENG) TRIBBLE (June 2018)
  • Options
    Anyone got some screenshots of the requirements for the new holding?
    I wasn't able to preview it on Tribble.

Only some as only few peeps seem to test it all:
    frtoaster wrote: »
    1. We don't earn any fleet credits for contributing luxury, battery, and ore provisions. Is this intended?

2. It's still not clear to me how the automated resource collection is supposed to work. Is it completely automatic? If so, when during the day does it occur?

3. I completed three resource-gathering missions: one to collect 250 luxury provisions, one to collect 250 battery provisions, and one to collect 250 ore provisions. After completing the missions, I received only 200 luxury provisions, 125 battery provisions, and 125 ore provisions. It seems that each of these missions allows you to play the mini-game twice, but only reward you for the first time, and the number of rewards is inconsistent.

4. The luxury provision mini-game still refers to Omega particle stabilization, and the battery provision mini-game still refers to radiation scans.

5. The "Omega" mini-game still suffers from the bug where it mysteriously ends before time is up.

6. What is the purpose of having two projects with the same rewards, but different requirements (one of them is more expensive)?

Develop Morale IV: https://i.imgur.com/eI8PrqW.png
    Provision Personal Fleet Equipment from Morale IV: https://i.imgur.com/KPSNmHG.png

Develop Infrastructure V: https://i.imgur.com/cgJklVb.png
    Provision Personal Fleet Equipment from Infrastructure V: https://i.imgur.com/rpmZ6Nd.png

Conduct Renewable Energy Research IV: https://i.imgur.com/lmV0QwN.png
    Provision Personal Fleet Equipment from Renewable IV: https://i.imgur.com/HrRHw2T.png

7. Make up your mind on how you want to describe the doff requirements. I have seen all of the following:

"Tactical or Security Duty Officers"
    "Tactical and Security Department Duty Officers"
    "Engineering or Operations Duty Officers"
    "Engineering and Operation Department Duty Officers" (note it says "Operation", not "Operations")
    "Science or Medical Duty Officers"
    "Science and Medical Department Duty Officers"
    "Common Science or Medical Duty Officers." (note the period)

The descriptions are inconsistent not only for the colony holding, but across all the fleet holdings. Personally, I would keep it simple and just use the shortest description for each:

"Tactical or Security Duty Officers"
    "Engineering or Operations Duty Officers"
    "Science or Medical Duty Officers"

Text like this should be automatically generated based on the requirement type. You shouldn't be manually editing this text separately for each fleet project; it's error-prone and leads to inconsistencies like the ones above.

8. The descriptions of some of the fleet projects are incomplete. They contain sentences like "Includes" (no period, just "Includes"). Includes what?

If it goes live in anyway near a stage it is right now Cryptic will kill the good will of all the remaining peeps that are enthusiastic about fleet progression in one blow.

After what S13 did for PvE I can’t help but shake my head. It’s as if they try to cripple one part of the game after the other with each release now.

In case you don’t get it DEVs. Turning the new type of provisions a pain to get and paying out nothing in return but filling progress is a huge mistake.
    animated.gif
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User

~is burried under a pile of latinum bricks, a snorkel is seen poking through~

Pity, I got over a million bars, now on my main character. :o
    I think some of the dilith store items could go there. Or maybe let us use them for something else.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    If the new 'provisions' are like those dopey Provisions (Mining, Embassy, etc.) the older ones never gave Fleet Credits. They only COST you Fleet Credits. This then may be somewhat better. I always thought that those old dopey Provisions were a waste, cost but no credit.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    where2r1 wrote: »

I was watching a video covering the Colony on You Tube yesterday.....

It is crazy how far apart those consoles are to start the mini games. It was not really clear how often one could run these games, either. And they don't seem to be set up to reward properly?

I saw the provision requirements for upgrade projects....the numbers (80,000+) is prohibitive. And that was at Tier 3!!!! I did not catch the requirements for DL, EXP and FM etc....
    Given that SB tier upgrades are in the millions of dilithium? sounds about right for a tier upgrade actually.
    If the new 'provisions' are like those dopey Provisions (Mining, Embassy, etc.) the older ones never gave Fleet Credits. They only COST you Fleet Credits. This then may be somewhat better. I always thought that those old dopey Provisions were a waste, cost but no credit.
    Yeah, they were a fleet credit black hole. Not only did they not give you anything, there was no way to know who donated them.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    But, alas, this is a Fleet HOLDING, not the Starbase itself. Regardless of whether it's five Tiers or three costs should NOT be as onerous as the Starbase itself.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    According to tribble-tester the new form of provisions still don’t reward credits. Instead of buying them over other donations you are now expected to dedicate your gaming time for their acquisition.

The new related maps better be good because as things stand on tribble at the moment thousands over thousands of those thingies are needed each day to fill the XP projects.
    animated.gif