test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Allied Flight Deck Cruiser Bundle!

lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
I know an Orion T6 FDC was coming!

Its the Orion Blackguard Flight Deck Assualt Cruiser (love the name)

Then the Romulans get the Suliban Silik Flight Deck Assault Cruiser.

The Feds get Tellarite Pralim Flight Deck Assault Cruiser.

Comments

• Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    They are not my taste, none of them. :s
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! pig-4.gif
    lordgyor wrote: »
    (...)
    The Feds get Tellarite Praram Flight Deck Assault Cruiser.

It's "Pralim". Seriously.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    I changed to Pralim, I was in a rush.

Anyways I want to know what I.F.F. stands for.

And I wonder if this is a prelude to Rom Republic getting the Suliban Race.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,321 Arc User
    I got all the Orion flight deck cruisers so the new Orion Ship is tempting, but considering that i recently purchased the T6 cross faction flagship pack the kitty is empty.

Not sure what to think of the Federation and suliban designs.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    firstaid#5667 firstaid Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Really hoping that they are science cruisers *fingers crossed*
  • Options
    questerius wrote: »
    (...)

Not sure what to think of the Federation and suliban designs.

I don't know about the Suliban, but round things are always good! pig-1.gif

Although, I have no idea what the green glowy things on the Pralim are supposed to be. Certainly not deflectors nor weapons.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator

Identify Friend or Foe.
    Basically its a little dohicky that transmits a code to friendly craft saying "I'm Friendly". If a reciever doesn't get that code, then its generally tagged as hostile. Civilians probably broadcast a general code saying "civilian".
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Dried fishies more to your taste? :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    dumas13dumas13 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    I changed to Pralim, I was in a rush.

And I wonder if this is a prelude to Rom Republic getting the Suliban Race.

Identification Friend or Foe: a system that tells whether another ship is hostile based on a transponder, mostly meant to keep you from firing on an ally. Hence the confusion effect.

Maybe I've been playing too many Gundam video games lately, but the Pralim looks like they tore the head off a Big Zam or some other Zeon mobile armour and stuck some engines on the back. Or perhaps a squashed Musai cruiser... there's just a generally Zeon look to it for some reason.

Also, I kinda want pecan praline ice cream now.

The ships look ok overall, but not really my cup of tea at the moment.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    The Pralim is too green in color for my tastes. Besides the ship in question is a generic ship used by mulitple races at the time, not just Tellarite but Xindi as well. IIRC a Xindi ship that looked exactly like the Tellarite ship was ripped in half accidentally entering the transdimensional anomaly at the wrong angle.

i also remember Arkonians using this same ship class as well. I hope Cryptic reflect in the description that it's a class of ship that has commonly been sold to other governments and easy to mass produce for the Tellarites. It could explain that oversight however three different races could happen to build the same ship design and class but look slightly different in color.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Arkonian_military_vessel
    http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Tellarite_cruiser
    http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Xindi-Arboreal_starship
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    I find non-primary faction ships to be 'meh' for the most part. I play STO to pew-pew from a Fed/Romulan/KDF ship. And a hanger is more of an annoyance than a help most times. Maybe the 'fixed' hanger AI won't make fighter pets make me want to pull my hair out anymore.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    The Pralim is too green in color for my tastes. Besides the ship in question is a generic ship used by mulitple races at the time, not just Tellarite but Xindi as well. IIRC a Xindi ship that looked exactly like the Tellarite ship was ripped in half accidentally entering the transdimensional anomaly at the wrong angle.

i also remember Arkonians using this same ship class as well. I hope Cryptic reflect in the description that it's a class of ship that has commonly been sold to other governments and easy to mass produce for the Tellarites. It could explain that oversight however three different races could happen to build the same ship design and class but look slightly different in color.

Lots of ships have been used by multiple races. Its not uncommon in Star Trek to reuse models. Hell... the top part of a D'Deridex was used as an alien ship!

Anyways... So we are getting another Founding Member ship with the Tellarite cruiser. Technically we now have all four Founding Members represented in game with the NX, Kumari set, D'Kyr, and now this Tellarite. Now we just need T6 Kumaris and a T6 Vulcan ship.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Meh. Still no T6 Norway.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    I might be interested if the Suliban one has Cell Ship fighters (not frigates).
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • Options

Or the Tellarites sold their trusty design to others pig-2.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • Options
    talsinaartalsinaar Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    so is this the Devs stating the ships are a combined designs for each faction ... I like the fed one looks more of a romulan-fed hybrid. with a little of the dominion shape minus the engines in back. but its a good start to kinda combine other races and species styles into the main factions. opens more option design that could lead to a full out full customization for ships in general. kinda like that character generation we already have but for ships.

think of the ships parts one set for each faction, then you break those down by class ships. your science, your tactical, and engineer/cruisers. then from there you can use each part type within the means of each type giving complete customization like one would with their captains.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Coolies.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    The Tellarite one is just as bad as it was in the show. Such a dull design. Hell add a warp ring at he back and paint it brown and it's Vulcan. Add some wings and paint it blue and it's Andorian.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    talsinaar wrote: »
    so is this the Devs stating the ships are a combined designs for each faction ... I like the fed one looks more of a romulan-fed hybrid. with a little of the dominion shape minus the engines in back. but its a good start to kinda combine other races and species styles into the main factions. opens more option design that could lead to a full out full customization for ships in general. kinda like that character generation we already have but for ships.

think of the ships parts one set for each faction, then you break those down by class ships. your science, your tactical, and engineer/cruisers. then from there you can use each part type within the means of each type giving complete customization like one would with their captains.

Neat idea, although I'd suspect those ships come with no customization options whatsoever. pig-27.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »

Lots of ships have been used by multiple races. Its not uncommon in Star Trek to reuse models. Hell... the top part of a D'Deridex was used as an alien ship!

Anyways... So we are getting another Founding Member ship with the Tellarite cruiser. Technically we now have all four Founding Members represented in game with the NX, Kumari set, D'Kyr, and now this Tellarite. Now we just need T6 Kumaris and a T6 Vulcan ship.

With all respect, but Starfleet ships have never been designed built and used by alien races outside the Federation, occasionally a Federation ship is stolen, but that misses half the point.

Klingon, Romulan, Dominion, Breen, Tholian and Cardassian military ships have never been designed, built or used by any other races either.

In minor cases where a freighter design is used or an occasional military ship is used as a reuse, but nothing so major as one of the founding races of the federation.

besides all i am looking for is a little clarification on the ship design so these types of arguements don't not have to be started.
  • Options
    With all respect, but Starfleet ships have never been designed built and used by alien races outside the Federation, occasionally a Federation ship is stolen, but that misses half the point.

Klingon, Romulan, Dominion, Breen, Tholian and Cardassian military ships have never been designed, built or used by any other races either.

In minor cases where a freighter design is used or an occasional military ship is used as a reuse, but nothing so major as one of the founding races of the federation.

besides all i am looking for is a little clarification on the ship design so these types of arguements don't not have to be started.

Tellarites simply have the least exposition in canon to the point that they didn't even get their own ship design. But as long as STO doesn't include weird one-shot races like Arkonians or Xindi-Arboreals this is a native Tellarite design in the context of the game. For actual canon, it's ENT nonsense I don't really care for anyway pig-47.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • Options
    angrytarg wrote: »

Tellarites simply have the least exposition in canon to the point that they didn't even get their own ship design. But as long as STO doesn't include weird one-shot races like Arkonians or Xindi-Arboreals this is a native Tellarite design in the context of the game.​​

Exactly what my original point was aiming for. :smile:

angrytarg wrote: »
    For actual canon, it's ENT nonsense I don't really care for anyway pig-47.gif

hahaha.
  • Options
    I mean I don't really like the ship. It's okay, it's not bad but there's nothing sticking out, but it's just what I can get that's canon Tellarite. But it's simply a reuse of other generic background ships.
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Nice to finally see a "canon" Orion ship in the game! :)

"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    lopequil wrote: »

Wonder if we're getting new fighters along with the Tellarite too, only the Orions have existing subfaction fighters out of those three (Slaver fighters and Marauder assault shuttles).
  • Options
    I think Suliban and Tellarite pets are a good chance.

The Blackguard FDC is more uncertain, maybe it will get Orion Correvettes instead, or they will make up for the lack if new pets with access to the Orion Bridge they created for a Temporal Fed mission as a player mission.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    > @irm1963 said:
    > lopequil wrote: »
    >
    > I might be interested if the Suliban one has Cell Ship fighters (not frigates).
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Wonder if we're getting new fighters along with the Tellarite too, only the Orions have existing subfaction fighters out of those three (Slaver fighters and Marauder assault shuttles).

Orion's also have Orion Interceptors, Orion Tacyon Drones. I all the Orion pets in elite. I wish they'd give the Shuttles a torpedo weapon.
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User
    edited September 2017

A Dev over on Reddit confirmed that you can change the hull color to brown to match the Arkonian better. The Official blog for them seems to say that it's just a coincidence with the other powers having such similar ships.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    So, I guess this means we won't be getting a Galaxy interior pack then tomorrow?!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    irm1963 wrote: »
    lopequil wrote: »

Wonder if we're getting new fighters along with the Tellarite too, only the Orions have existing subfaction fighters out of those three (Slaver fighters and Marauder assault shuttles).

Don't care. I want a swarm of angry bees, that means at least six cell ships buzzing around. Twelve would be better still.
    Q9BWcdD.png