test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] The Kobayashi Maru Event!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
Starting this weekend, Captains on PC can face Starfleet's ultimate test!

Full details here:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10548964

Comments

• Options
    angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    Well, this is a nice surprise. Phasers too? My NX captain will be happy about that. ;)
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    I see we've stooped down to multiple events at the same time now. Grind squared activated.
  • Options
    daciaeternadaciaeterna Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Its here! Thank you ! Thank you ! Thank you !

Finally its back in all its glory! Finally some endgame challange.

I am sorry its just limited time, we don't have enough challanging misions in this game to make this an event ...

Anyway let the hype begin !
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Great, something new to do after the Risa race, nice reward, thou i'll love to get a plasma/disruptor version too (im ok with phaser, i have a lot of chars that can make a good use of it) :smiley:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    YAY! This will help with my Phaser toons! :smiley:

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    Very much looking forward to this - the Phaser rewards could be very useful for me too.
  • Options
    cadorette101cadorette101 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    I hope the mission begins with the Kobayashi Maru audio recording from The Wrath of Khan!
    Tain.png

• Options
    themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    lucho80 wrote: »
    I see we've stooped down to multiple events at the same time now. Grind squared activated.

You have just earned the Pizzenmone Accolade.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • Options
    Starting this weekend, Captains on PC can face Starfleet's ultimate test!

Full details here:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10548964

Thanks, Kael. I squeed quite loudly and everyone at work is looking at me like I've lost my mind.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    ...and I see new starship art. I want a closer look.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    psiameese wrote: »

I notice that too, its nice to see some kitbashes in the game, feels more Star Trek, for some reason!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    gaevsman wrote: »
    psiameese wrote: »

I notice that too, its nice to see some kitbashes in the game, feels more Star Trek, for some reason!

That and the ECS prefix instead of NCC or NX...

Things I want in STO:

• Options
    allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    Is there a "I don't like to lose" accolade if we are able to save the ship?

There better, be. Challenge accepted if so!
  • Options
    valoreah wrote: »
    Is there a "I don't like to lose" accolade if we are able to save the ship?

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Things I want in STO:

• Options
    cross821cross821 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    About time this came back. Sucks its a timed event, I liked it better when it was a normal que.
  • Options
    bluesunshot#7246 bluesunshot Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    cross821 wrote: »
    About time this came back. Sucks its a timed event, I liked it better when it was a normal que.

We do what we can with what we have. Maybe an alternate future, we have it as a normal queue.
  • Options
    matthewfelixmatthewfelix Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    Is this event unlock account wide or per character as the announcement isn't clear either way.
  • Options
    lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    So am I correct in guessing that this is being brought back as Arena of Sompek in space? Is the reward an account unlock? Will future events award non-phaser versions of the weapons?
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Can someone in the know tell us if it is account unlock or per character (like most other PvE)?
    hm....unless it will take more than 30 minutes i should make it on all my 8 Feds, but account would be nice.
  • Options
    fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    I assume we'll get a backdoor into Cryptic's servers so we can change the simulation assumptions? Hmmm? :)

Seriously, good stuff. Thx!​​
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    Now to begin a plan that no cadet in the history of Starfleet has ever tried before! It'll surely beat the simulation.

*swivels captain's chair*

Helm, set a collision course to the Kobayashi Maru!
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    Really only around for 3 days why put all this work in let us play it for 3 days then wait 5 months for it to come back can't see why you can keep new content you add to the game in the dam game even more so the new NWS that many people didn't want you to remove yet you did and needed to wait like well over a year for it to come back and guess what **** YOU PLAYER BASE IT BACK AS YOU AS MANY MANY TIME BUT HAHA JOKE ON YOU ONLY 3 DAYS

Ease up on the caffeine there, pal. Have a Snickers.

Things I want in STO:

• Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    Just for confirmation, this will be a new map, right?

LOL! You can just ignore the giant Crystalline Entity in front of the green planet with all the Tholians circling it.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    jamiek81jamiek81 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    I would honestly prefer more story content or the ability to choose the mods we have on our crafted gear, purely RNG is not a good feature to have.
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    lucho80 wrote: »

Ep2G(rind) activated.

We cannae take it Capt'n!
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    cross821 wrote: »
    Seconded - good to see you did keep that promise about No Win Scenario (sort of). This, and AoS, should be like CC and Breach - available year-round, but with certain events coming around every so often.

As for the new phaser variants - rather than single items like I suspect they are, consider either of the following options:
    • blueprint unlock (allowing players to craft them); or
    • dilithium store purchase unlock
    In either case, I would also suggest they be available in omni-array and turret flavors as well.