test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

**Toward a Better Bajor: Proposed Solution for the Planet's Problems**

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Which mysteriously results in the Oralians becoming more popular in the present.
    That already happened though.

After Cardassian got attacked by the Dominion at the end of the war, the Oralian religious groups started to come back, and gained prominence in Cardassian society. It is in the Path to 2409
    Oh I know. I meant more than that. they're still a minority group.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User

Like the Ferengi, they were pacifists. No war, no slavery, no horrors. Really a model civilization for us all.

Debt slaves more like it.
    When you got little goblins stroking gold and all that, they are only out for themselves.

That game quest where the Horta shows up is quite a good example.

dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    > @repetitiveepic said:
    > (...)
    >
    > Like the Ferengi, they were pacifists. No war, no slavery, no horrors. Really a model civilization for us all.
    > (...)

Confining women to their homes, denying them the basics of civilization, declaring them contractually incapable. Oh well I'm tired of having to work anyway ;)
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Moderated out response to moderated post.
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    nabreeki wrote: »
    I don't get why this is tasteless? It's a cool new perspective for the players to enjoy, and it even adds an exploration component sorely lacking in a Trek game. Players can actually explore a dark, ruined planet.

Imagine: you're stumbling through rubble, looking through debris with a flashlight, when you see something sparkle ahead. It's one of those tacky Bajoran earrings or whatever. Who did it belong to? What brought this being to their much deserved demise?

Really great stuff for the immersion players.

Who like to be immersed in what, exactly?
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    So many suggestions to use weapons of mass destruction. I like it.

To quote the great Dukat who has already been mentioned, but who has not been used to his full potential:
    "I hated everything about them! (...) their treachery and their lies. (...) and their broken, wrinkled noses!"

The sooner we bomb Ferenginar, the better. Dukat would have approved.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    risian4 wrote: »

To quote the great Dukat who has already been mentioned, but who has not been used to his full potential:
    "I hated everything about them! (...) their treachery and their lies. (...) and their broken, wrinkled noses!"

0NpkYXj.gif

Jazz hands!​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    risian4 wrote: »

Naw, just crash the Ferenginar economy, and they'd be blowing themselves up. o.O
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well, they have all come out of the woodwork for this one. Must be a Fleet organized Training exercise. It also looks like this week's Fleet official Special Character for Thread Subjects is **.

This is a topic that they bring up every year, so don't worry we can all look forward to seeing it again. You do know this one will eventually get shut down.

To sum up:

Ferengi good
    Cardassians noble and selfless
    Bajorans evil and bad
    Orions green
    R&D Promotions logical and the greatest thing since sliced bread

If you memorize these you will have the Fleet's Master Forum Thread Subject©® playbook down pat.

Oh, and occasionally mix it up with a call for a new nag device or emote.

Dear Leader 'is the kindest, warmest, bravest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life.'
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    Dukat was a great man, but he shouldered too much responsibility for improving Bajor, and got a little crazy when the Bajorans failed time and time again to want to progress. You can only do so much for others.

Improving? o.O
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Yes, improving a backwards, superstitious culture to one where everyone works to the betterment of the group.

I agree, a supersticious civilization, that cannot accept that their gods are simply aliens (powerful but still), need to be uplifted to develop beyond that... and then we just nuke them..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fdocsarge.com%2Ffiles%2Fincludes%2Fimages%2F132fc221677982e3b191f925ba38d889-tumblr_ms5j3aewyh1qg8holo1_500.jpg&hash=b115529e159955f4a299656c8a3637cb
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    Surely, if we want adventuring the burnt-out ruins of a hopelessly arrogant culture, the canon choice must be Cardassia itself? I mean they must have more than a few decades of rebuilding after the Dominion, Klingons and Romulans had finished with them.

Still if you will go around posturing as a first-tier power and antagonizing much larger neighbours...
  • Options
    nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    Only thing worse for the poor guy would be Elite Bajoran roleplay.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    staq16 wrote: »
    Surely, if we want adventuring the burnt-out ruins of a hopelessly arrogant culture, the canon choice must be Cardassia itself? I mean they must have more than a few decades of rebuilding after the Dominion, Klingons and Romulans had finished with them.

Still if you will go around posturing as a first-tier power and antagonizing much larger neighbours...
    It's canon that the Cardassians used to be a much more interesting race. Then they got embroiled in the equivalent of global thermonuclear war... much like the Vulcans, but the end result in the case of Cardassia is that the enlightened part of their civilization(the Oralians) got mostly wiped out.... also (according to the novels) Cardassians used to look a lot more like Bajorans... Which leads to my hypothesis that the Cardassians are not actually a separate race and are horribly mutated versions of Bajorans.
    Post edited by markhawkman on
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Why don't we blow up Bajor and Cardassia? (and everything between them)
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    Why? are you hoping to create a rift that will allow the mirror dudes to invade...again?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Why? are you hoping to create a rift that will allow the mirror dudes to invade...again?

I like explosions! BIG EXPLOSIONS!

2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    While were at it, how about laying waste to Earth, ESD and any Federation outposts in deep space ?
    Wipe the evul humans from existence.

We could finally end the Federations shady back room deals, alliances and the collusion of the master races to oppress the lesser species of the quadrants...

Food for thought.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    thay8472 wrote: »

I like explosions! BIG EXPLOSIONS!

"SPLOsion" - the Artisanal Sonification System
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    The solution to Bajor is a simple one. The team can write us up a PVE mission summoning us to the Bajor system to destroy the planet, eliminating most of the plague we know as Bajoran's. Then move on to a ground mission to finish the job by visiting systems, starbases, and so on to finish the extermination! :D
  • Options
    Yes, improving a backwards, superstitious culture to one where everyone works to the betterment of the group.

did not some Austrian guy in the 1930's and 40's, try something like that?
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User

That's been the excuse of every Imperialist empire in history
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      That's been the excuse of every Imperialist empire in history
      Nah, just the ones who pretend they're not jerks.
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
    • Options
      ltminns wrote: »
      Well, they have all come out of the woodwork for this one. Must be a Fleet organized Training exercise. It also looks like this week's Fleet official Special Character for Thread Subjects is **.

This is a topic that they bring up every year, so don't worry we can all look forward to seeing it again. You do know this one will eventually get shut down.

To sum up:

Ferengi good
      Cardassians noble and selfless
      Bajorans evil and bad
      Orions green
      R&D Promotions logical and the greatest thing since sliced bread

If you memorize these you will have the Fleet's Master Forum Thread Subject©® playbook down pat.

Oh, and occasionally mix it up with a call for a new nag device or emote.

Dear Leader 'is the kindest, warmest, bravest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life.'

Hmm, hadn't thought of that...pledge week (or month?) to prove dedication to the cause and willingness to stir TRIBBLE.
    • Options
      theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
      Comparing a fictional show to Hitler? Let's take a step back. Also, no that's not accurate. Hitler wanted to eradicate completely, Dukat wanted to improve.

At the cost of how many millions?
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius