test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

**Toward a Better Bajor: Proposed Solution for the Planet's Problems**

Comments

• Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    A bunch of people have entered this thread for the express purpose of derailing it and making personal attacks against other posters. One of them spent what must have been hours combing through the old posts of targeted players in some misguided and bungled effort to attack them.

It's sad and it's wrong when people get their own way through misbehavior.
    Actually, it took less than 2 minutes, including the loading times. It's not like they were hidden, old or deleted.
    Also, you should try not to derail the meaning of words like "personal attack". Unless you consider "pointing out something someone said a few months ago in order to point an inconsistency" as "personal attack". We already have "alternative facts", let's not have "alternative definitions".
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    nabreeki wrote: »
    His definition is correct. This thread was made to propose a cool new game direction and zone, and some crazy people come into the thread to moralize over fake characters made of computer pixels and call the OP a fascist.

That's basically a personal attack as I understand it.
    I don't see a personal attack, just like you don't see controversial statement in the OP's and your posts.
    Fully demonizing a species while fully canonizing another and wishing for the former's extinction (whether via external forces or expecting and hoping for it to self-destruct and drive itself to extinction) is a dangerous way of thinking. Since it's also about praising a known fascist character, it's promoting fascism in a way.

I guess we have different reasonings, but it's a good thing we both have right to express this, as you said, thanks to the concept of IDIC.
    #TASforSTO
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    Great Caesar's ghost! What the heck happened up in here?!? I'm gone for a couple of hours and the whole place goes to Hell in a handbasket.

I find it ironic that no one seems to have picked up on that this thread basically picks fun at the people who have been in a ridiculous tizzy over the loss of the day/night cycle on Risa by positing an equally ridiculous premise to solve the loss of the day/night cycle on Bajor. And naturally, because of who posted it, the thread devolves and gets out of hand.

Look, folks, I suggest everyone take a deep breath, calm down, and get the thread back on track, or I will shut it down.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    binkleyboy#3920 binkleyboy Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Great Caesar's ghost! What the heck happened up in here?!? I'm gone for a couple of hours and the whole place goes to Hell in a handbasket.

I find it ironic that no one seems to have picked up on that this thread basically picks fun at the people who have been in a ridiculous tizzy over the loss of the day/night cycle on Risa by positing an equally ridiculous premise to solve the loss of the day/night cycle on Bajor. And naturally, because of who posted it, the thread devolves and gets out of hand.

Look, folks, I suggest everyone take a deep breath, calm down, and get the thread back on track, or I will shut it down.

Since there is nothing wrong with the subject of the thread itself, please only remove/edit the inappropriate comments rather than shutting down the entire thread.

Please do not throw out the baby with the bathwater!
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Derailing post moderated out.
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    #TASforSTO
  • Options
    I'm not bickering, I'm merely pointing things I think need to be addressed in a civil way because they would be considered questionable at the very least, to get a better understanding about potential disagreements.

So please, do not try to violently and unilaterally divert the subject.
    #TASforSTO
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Back to the topic: Bajor is a good start, but there are plenty of other planets that could use a facelift. Andoria comes to mind -- as a founding member of the Federation, they really are due a little more TLC from the devs.

But that's back to the old question of finding some way of justifying the time/manpower spent on the revamp. There's lots of social maps out there. Some might be more relevant to seasons than other and some might be better at hosting hacking/slashing than others. A Qo'Nos revamp (with embellished combat arena) would probably be of greater use (especially if teamed with that Fek'lhr arc revamp we've been expecting for some time.)

But, it pretty much depends on how the story moves and what other features are teamed up with the season. If for example they get Combs in as a guest star then hell yes, let's get those Ushaan ready.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Andoria could be a great open free for all PVP map. Could have timed rounds where people with the most confirmed kills gets Dil rewards or something.

You could translate that for Qo'Nos with a big pit players can jump into. PVP enabled only for the bottom of the pit, players get rewards for defeating other players while down there. So, basically becomes a game of how long you can stay on your feet before the continuous hog pile takes you down.

Fun add-on: buttons for spectators. Ex. drop crate of ravenous targs, turn on the lighting round.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    Andoria could be a great open free for all PVP map. Could have timed rounds where people with the most confirmed kills gets Dil rewards or something.

You could translate that for Qo'Nos with a big pit players can jump into. PVP enabled only for the bottom of the pit, players get rewards for defeating other players while down there. So, basically becomes a game of how long you can stay in there before the continuous hog pile takes you down.
    PvP on Qo'Nos, Competitive PvE on Earth (like shuttle races or non-fight-focused mini-games near the Academy) and all HUBs open to every faction would be nice and in line with Star Trek's idea of teamwork between various entities.
    #TASforSTO
  • Options
    all HUBs open to every faction would be nice and in line with Star Trek's idea of teamwork between various entities.

That would be nice but a large part of the leveling experience does take place before the alliance is formed. I know certain KDF captains (ex. me) would hang out by Quinn's office to weird out as many newbies as possible. Cryptic might not ever open everything up to multi-faction play.

Damn temporal fissures...why can't we all be in the same year! :p
  • Options
    edited April 2017

You could translate that for Qo'Nos with a big pit players can jump into. PVP enabled only for the bottom of the pit, players get rewards for defeating other players while down there. So, basically becomes a game of how long you can stay on your feet before the continuous hog pile takes you down.

Fun add-on: buttons for spectators. Ex. drop crate of ravenous targs, turn on the lighting round.

Qonos is for kdf only, andoria could be the fed version.

Well I'm just saying that you can adapt the same idea for Qo'Nos with some Sompek style modifications. Cryptic could vary how they implement PVP areas in social zones (if they ever do), make the most of adding 2+ things by adding variety to each option.
  • Options
    zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    If the day/night cycle is gone due to the lighting update, they just need to update lighting parameters for the map to bring back the day/night cycle for the Bajor map. I think it's good how it is other wise. In my opinion the whole map does not need to be rebuilt just to explain a relatively minor change about the lighting of the map. I've been through the map, and it didn't really effect going through the map and doing the missions, with the day/night cycle gone. Still would be nice to see the day/night cycle be brought back to the map.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    vtictkN.gif​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    As has been suggested before: Betazoid traditional wedding ceremonies would probably require little work and it would maintain itself due to - assumed - high popularity among certain... special segments of the playerbase.

What I would like to see is something with random missions in certain zones. Like saboteurs as we have in Starbase Incursion randomly showing up in places like SB 39. Enemy ships (like Nausicaan non-aligned pirates or Gorn separatists) showing up in the sphere near Delta Quadrant Command. Bugs (from Bug hunt) trying to attack Quinn or other high ranking ESD personnel.
    That kind of thing.

And somewhat unrelated: expansion of the Dyson ground battlezone. This one has a lot of players in it so making the map like three times as big or adding new ones that we can transport to, seems justified.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    We agree? wow, now this is getting scary :P
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    risian4 wrote: »
    We agree? wow, now this is getting scary :P
    Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.
    risian4 wrote: »
    And maybe look in the mirror every now and then.
    Are we sure he has a reflection?
    Maybe have a ground battlezone against irradiated or mutated monsters too.
    We have those already, they're called Cardassians.
    it's the Toward a Better Bajor: Proposed Solution for the Planet's Problems thread.
    Hmm... I think a good start would be finding a cure for the horribly disfiguring genetic deterioration that has been afflicting the Cardassians for so many years.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Hmm... I think a good start would be finding a cure for the horribly disfiguring genetic deterioration that has been afflicting the Cardassians for so many years.

Orbital bombardment?

latest?cb=20061230122723&path-prefix=en
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    I still say blow up bajor and make the universe a better place :)
  • Options
    staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    This is a rather amusing thread, actually. There I had been, musing that the good souls of Starfleet Dental had mellowed from the arch-trolls of STO's early years into a positive social force, kind of like the benign old Uncle who used to be a fist-swinging hellraiser in his youth. (Not that the two are exclusive, or course...)

Clearly the crew has not lost its touch for wind-ups...
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Didn't the Dominion try that at the end of the War? And the method would have been approved by Dukat, I'm sure, since he tried it on the Bajorans.
    #TASforSTO