test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PVP Reputation

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    Instead of collecting marks like normal reps, you should have to collect tears for PvP rep.
    Those seem to be inextricably linked to me. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,266 Arc User
    Thos
    patrickngo wrote: »
    huijian wrote: »
    PVP reputation system with new queue maps, perhaps team objectives, a fun rep system with pvp oriented gear or consumables; good idea? yay? nay?

LOL for all of those who said NAY....It is HERE now :D

they've teased it, but until it actually hits release, it's still a 'maybe'.

that said, the teasers look really positive. but I gotta wonder if Cryptic's going to deliver on the promises, or if we're looking at another Gateway/Exploration Clusters situation-a promising start, but dropped like a hot rock at the first sign of difficulties.

(much as PvP itself was six years ago.)

If the intent is serious, it's got to be pressure from above that's driving this, whether it's from CBS, or Perfect World, or a change in management at Cryptic Studios itself.

Not sure how this can be considered a "tease"

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10460633-the-competitive-wargames-reputation

or:

These marks can be earned by completing PvP and Competitive PvE matches.

It is a PvP rep as they promised a long while ago. Probably too late for those hardcore PvPers who left after the DR fiasco.
    It is here and only time will tell if it really succeeds.
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    I'm unsure if anyone remembers the dev quotes about STO not being a game about PvP. There was never and internal desire to even include PvP but I can recall who insisted a token PvP option would be put into the game. There's no PvP here. This game won't be balanced for it. The KDF and ROM are now part of the Fed side, so there's no possibility of RP's or any fan to want to play against anyone else in the same Fed led faction.

Pvp was done many years ago, and any dev talk of making PvP great again is just talk. As someone earlier said, there's a much higher chance of lockbox rep than PvP rep. I agree with that.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG