What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Details on Space Balance Changes

Comments

• Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    daviddxx wrote: »

Sure.. you destroy my erg build.. my drain build.. my Control Build.. and steal the Subnuke from me.. THX a lot.

I don't think he destroyed the drian build. Just crippled it a bit.

• Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    So much nerd-rage over here, eh? At the end we will just have to adapt again to the new changes, like the old days of DR, and reset the meta. Do you remember? I heard the same rage even before, with LoR.
    To be honest, i quite like this new balance attempt, since it will bring more build variations and less BS overall, like the current FAW or Temporal toys (and I speak as one of the abusers of these mechanics). Anyway, many other changes should be done, and i'm looking forward to see the following parts.
    Just i didn't get the subnucleonic beam change. Yesterday night, on RedditChat, Spartan said:

[2:11] [RedditChat] <Dev> TheSpartan@UniversalSpartan: Subnucleonic Beam is quite frequently viewed as a useless power in PvE and close to the entire point of a Science Captain in PvP
    [2:11] [RedditChat] <Dev> TheSpartan@UniversalSpartan: That speaks of an overpowered ability and an underpowered class; this change gives us the ability to address both of those.

Well, i don't know. That feel a lot like "actually, we don't exactly know what to do with it", since they didn't consider the ramifications of this change in PvP (baltim strip build anyone?), but maybe I'm just wrong.
    Anyway, i see a return of sort of dps/drain builds, to counter the nerf to plasmonic and FAW, or maybe builds that contemplate BO as useful again in PvE...
    Well, let's patch the Tribble and see. Cya o/
    Post edited by nandospc on
  • Options
    daviddxxdaviddxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    @ Augi

ya let it go low.
    We know the truh. For you even Traktorbeam is op. :D

btw. Maybe i switch just to Tac. , im new with this but im pretty sure i play this 10 times better as you ever will be. :D

Btw. 3 Men Premate. ohhh its so OP. Its not our fault that you have no Friends here. lol
    Must me hard ask Fleetmates to join a Team. Muhahaha
    Regarts
    David
    fIDFtkM.gif
    Star Trek Online
    *** Aktiv since 03.06.10 ***
  • Options
    @lucho

Well.. to become Imun to Drain meens its useless. Same for holds..

.. if you want to drain someone you need first some holds.. most guys just to fast for only drains. Its a combination of hold & drain to make it not useless.

Again.. for me it is a hugh nerf for Sci Captains.. in PvP. For PvE i dont know.. its not what i want to play.

I olny playing Sci over years.. and i spend a lot of Money in this Toon.. ofc. that makes me angry.
    Regarts
    David
    fIDFtkM.gif
    Star Trek Online
  • Options
    @ Nandos

I read a lot of postings.. here.. german Forums.. twitter.. a lot of Guys say that sucks to take the Subnuke away from Sci-Captains.. .
    So many Players cant be wrong.

For me its clear that Dev. dont care at this Point.. they just do it. This is the wrong way.. in other Games the Dev`s care about the Players.. but not here.

I wish my english would be better.. i had a lot to say.

We need some chances.. yes.. but this is the wrong way. To nerf Sci cant be the answer.
    Regarts
    David
    fIDFtkM.gif
    Star Trek Online
  • Options
    ash352ash352 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    nikeix wrote: »
    The game has 2 auto-turrets, 4 point defense consoles and a point defense trait.

Might actually use stuff labeled point defense for your point defense needs :).

And once again you're trotting out the Zen and Lockbox options. At what point will it sink in that those are not valid responses to something that should have a free option that works effectively. Zen and Lockbox items can operate will above a baseline but having no free and always available option that is effective at doing the job is an issue. You're not going to magically talk your way out of that. Where is the effective, always available option? (Hint, it doesn't exist so I'm REALLY looking forward to whatever double talk you use to work your way out of this one)

• Options
    @lucho

.. if you want to drain someone you need first some holds.. most guys just to fast for only drains. Its a combination of hold & drain to make it not useless.

Again.. for me it is a hugh nerf for Sci Captains.. in PvP. For PvE i dont know.. its not what i want to play.

I olny playing Sci over years.. and i spend a lot of Money in this Toon.. ofc. that makes me angry.

Not sure what PvP you've been playing, but it's hard to hold speed boats. At least now with the hot restart 60 sec cd change two people using subsytem targeting can actually achieve something.
    All holds now give their target hold resistance for a short duration when they end.
    All disables now give their target hold resistance for a short duration when they end.

If this is what you refer to as drain immunity, frankly, it changes nothing really and both of those are control skills.

• Options
    adorkabledoriadorkabledori Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    nandospc wrote: »
    So much nerd-rage over here, eh? At the end we will just have to adapt again to the new changes, like the old days of DR, and reset the meta. Do you remember? I heard the same rage even before, with LoR.

Yup, it's normal that players are raging about this balanced thing. Bare in mind the amount of resources that have been invested to create those builds, yes builds coz I firmly believe that nearly each player has several different types, tested different builds and so on. Now with this balanced rage they can start again, experimenting, rebuilding builds and skills, investing their resources into skill tokens, gear, upgrades, boffs & doffs and so on. It's not about balancing the game/fun for Cryptic, it's about how much feathers they can manage to pull from an already naked chicken. That's the goal and nothing else.

• Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    Usually followed up by some demand of a refund of the in-game cash they spent to get said gear as if they are owned a refund for exploiting the game.
    Lol yeah, that's quite common among some players eheh. Anyway, Tribble patched, but looks like it's still offline now.
    *Waiting*​​
  • Options
    augm3nt wrote: »
    @daviddxx
    l2p naab and stop crying. they will ban me here for the words i have to describe you.. so enjoy and cheers

Muhahaha.. i enjoy your Tears over Years. This will go one.. dosent matter what for Chances incoming. ;)
    Regarts
    David
    fIDFtkM.gif
    Star Trek Online
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    lucho80 wrote: »
    @lucho

Not sure what PvP you've been playing, but it's hard to hold speed boats. At least now with the hot restart 60 sec cd change two people using subsytem targeting can actually achieve something.
    All holds now give their target hold resistance for a short duration when they end.
    All disables now give their target hold resistance for a short duration when they end.

If this is what you refer to as drain immunity, frankly, it changes nothing really and both of those are control skills.

Not sure about this.. load Tribble now.. will see whats going on with Drain and the other Stuff.

Btw. it was possivle to hold and Drain speedbuilds.. good timed nuke.. some holds and drain.. works. I dont believe this will work now after that Patch.

Regarts
    David
    fIDFtkM.gif
    Star Trek Online
  • Options
    coldfusion2012coldfusion2012 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    i am all for changes as long as its for the better however i just came back and had to relearn the game, i am quite enjoying again but looking on how your changing things i am starting to see $ signs needed to be spent to re-spec as each toon is built to specific specs to get maximum potential out of build i hope your not just doing this just to respec and with all this crit being nerfed is it even gonna be worth while to spec crit dam
    IT'S WORSE THAN THAT IT'S A GAME JIM
  • Options
    fakedeath3fakedeath3 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    @lucho

Not sure about this.. load Tribble now.. will see whats going on with Drain and the other Stuff.

Btw. it was possivle to hold and Drain speedbuilds.. good timed nuke.. some holds and drain.. works. I dont believe this will work now after that Patch.

DAVIIIIDDDDDDD, GET REKTT BOYYYYYYY. Your team will be utter useless now hahahahahahhahahahaha. Drain will still be powerfull AF but well, we all know how well you can adapt builds. Instead you always go for the OP meta hahahahahahaa. REEEKKKTTTTT <3<3<3
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    This. Whilst is is hardly surprising, some players are acting as if Big Bad Cryptic replaced everything on their ship with non-upgradable white MkX equipment and followed it up with an inbox message saying 'LOL'.
    What makes it more funny is that it is always, ALWAYS, the EXACT same argument in every MMO.

>I spent a lot of time and money getting the gear so I could use this CLEARLY overpowered and exploit based build, and now the devs have ruined it!... They just HATE EVERYONE and are trying to get us to spend more money... it has NOTHING to do with balance or anything like that!

Usually followed up by some demand of a refund of the in-game cash they spent to get said gear as if they are owned a refund for exploiting the game.

Ah yes - forgot the the obligatory compensation demands.

Seriously, as said elsewhere, I really don't want to sound like a smart*** but much of what is happening was entirely predictable and I for one saw it coming.

I'm actually surprised that it took so long. I feel it's better to do damage control *pun not intended but welcome* when a problem occurs and not years later when people assume it's alright by the devs.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Deflector overcharge needs to be changed to add:
    +50% Control and +50% Drain

A skill boost is:
    1) Negligible
    2) Junk compared to APA

Yet again, all the devs think sci is, is either heal boat or EPG and nothing else. I can boost EPG and heals just as high as the skills that got left of getting a % based boost. Seems fair after subsystem targeting got royally nerfed.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Any idea when tribble will be fixed so that copied characters show up?

A bit difficult to test anything without them..
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited March 2017

A skill boost is:
    1) Negligible
    2) Junk compared to APA

Yet again, all the devs think sci is, is either heal boat or EPG and nothing else. I can boost EPG and heals just as high as the skills that got left of getting a % based boost. Seems fair after subsystem targeting got royally nerfed.

Totally agree with this.

And they really need to rethink the horrible decision of making Subnuc available as a boff skill tac captains can use.

tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    rPt0vb3.jpg

I'd love to know Spartan's reasoning from letting drain and control out of the +% boost from Deflector overcharge when most of the things in that picture are easily slottable on a single build and all (Ignore Astro trait and QSM as both are pretty much across the board skill boosts) boost exotic damage. There isn't a single, zero, zip, nada, power drain (emphasis on power) % boost in the game, and only a single one (Psych warfare) for control. Healing has a similarly long list, it's just not in the wiki.

I'm not saying change one for the other, but treat all 4 equally with the boost.
  • Options
    qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    Like with ground, we're introducing some changes to space abilities in favor of game balance.

Full details here:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10426883
    Looks good to me. Thanks for the update.
  • Options
    kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    augm3nt wrote: »
    @daviddxx
    l2p naab and stop crying. they will ban me here for the words i have to describe you.. so enjoy and cheers

I see PvP has moved from in-game to the forums.
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv
  • Options

A skill boost is:
    1) Negligible
    2) Junk compared to APA

Totally agree with this.

And they really need to rethink the horrible decision of making Subnuc available as a boff skill tac captains can use.

I agree as well. I've actually think that engineers should always be thought of as THE healers. It's weird to me that two classes could be considered healers, per the wiki. Science is about debuffing, control, etc in my opinion. I think most people who make a science toon don't make it be a healer.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Wow, the PVPers really came out of the background on this. There are so many posters I've never seen post before today. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    ltminns wrote: »
    Wow, the PVPers really came out of the background on this. There are so many posters I've never seen post before today. :)

Yeah it's unusual. :D Some PvPers are happy about the updates and some are, well let's just say not happy.

Edit: All 10 PvPers left that is :D
  • Options
    fakedeath3 wrote: »
    Drain will still be powerfull AF but well, we all know how well you can adapt builds.

For sure i will adapt.. and im not angry about all chances.. ofc some stuff needs a nerf like entropic & co. BUT why they take the Nuke from SCI.. makes no sence to me.. and it feels just wrong.

Btw. Im not the only one with that " feelings ".

Regarts
    David
    fIDFtkM.gif
    Star Trek Online
  • Options
    odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    kyle223cat wrote: »
    ltminns wrote: »

Yeah it's unusual. :D Some PvPers are happy about the updates and some are, well let's just say not happy.

Edit: All 10 PvPers left that is :D

Only 10?! :P

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    ash352 wrote: »

And once again you're trotting out the Zen and Lockbox options. At what point will it sink in that those are not valid responses to something that should have a free option that works effectively. Zen and Lockbox items can operate will above a baseline but having no free and always available option that is effective at doing the job is an issue. You're not going to magically talk your way out of that. Where is the effective, always available option? (Hint, it doesn't exist so I'm REALLY looking forward to whatever double talk you use to work your way out of this one)

Ash, I already pointed you to an option is completely free via the Phoenix Prize Pack.

Lockbox Items are on the Exchange for EC. EC is free. You can get a 100M a month just from doing the Admiralty mini-game without much trouble.

C-Store Items are free via Dilithium Exchange. This will take a bit longer to gain than the EC but you can do it.

Now, please, go pick up the items and be happy. Or don't pick up the items and be happy. But don't refuse to pick up the items and then complain because you don't have them.