test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game works before I moved file, and now it wants to download the entire game.

I had to recover my win10 PC when it did not want to reboot from an update. the recovery did save my personal file which included my STO game. It worked fine, till I tried to use ARC with it. I copied the game to where I wanted ARC to find it, but now its treating it like I need a fresh install of the game when it did not before. I have recently lost my cable/internet because of money problem and I do not want to use 20 GB off my cellular plan. I am quite certain that if the game will just verify all the file, it just needs a small fix, not to reload the entire game.

Any ideas?
Ancient Griffon insult

That one is so stupid, he lost a Rock/Paper/Scissors game to a Pony.

Comments

• Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    arc needs new installation. if it's works without, at least thats something .
    Post edited by garaks31 on
  • Options
    icerose20icerose20 Member Posts: 18,379 Arc User
    not worried about the ARC install, it somehow affected my orginal install which worked yesterday morning, and doesn't work after I copied from it
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    Game (and all Windows apps, for that matter) rely on "registry key" entries to be "detected".

ARC is reading the registry, and looking there for the game. It's not finding it, so it's calling for a reinstall...

If you move the game, you need to "move" the registry settings as well. Otherwise, it's best to put the game back where it was, because that's where the system wants it to be...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    there we go. even if I was trying to use the one i put into ARC instead of the one i had in Cryptic stuido. Now it works
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    So, Arc is just going to want to do a clean install, no matter what?
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    dareau wrote: »
    Game (and all Windows apps, for that matter) rely on "registry key" entries to be "detected".

ARC is reading the registry, and looking there for the game. It's not finding it, so it's calling for a reinstall...

If you move the game, you need to "move" the registry settings as well. Otherwise, it's best to put the game back where it was, because that's where the system wants it to be...

@dareau do you know, which reg. keys needs to be changed? this could help me. with another problem, that i have ..