test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What would be your ultimate wish-list item?

Comments

• Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    discojer wrote: »
    1) DPS Cap. It's ridiculous when the Borg or Tholian Red Alert is over in 45 seconds
    <3<3<3<3 Good to see I am not the only one sick of the DPS snobbery going about.

The DPS monkeys are a pack of snobs, last week was doing a ICA and 2 people BFaWd the whole fricken thing in like 20-30seonds flat, then had the audacity to berate me and the other 2 people in the stf.

I barley got a shot in and avoided the afk penalty , the other 2 werent so lucky , and then the 2 asshats had the audacity to berate us that "we didnt do enough DPS and were patheitc" and "people like us shouldnt be allowed to run advanced or elite STFs " , when i said "hey you 2 killed everything before we could get a shot on target" the reply was "well you shouldve been faster" , i lost my temper at that point and showed them how many "colorfull" words i knew.

Blocked them both and moved on, but running into people like that are who are such DPS snobs just irks me.

Had that happen several times, too....especially that bit when one can't even get a shot in. Though I remember in a ground que....the Elachi one, to be precise, where I was scolded for not using the Tr rifle, and hence not getting mega high dps.....ugh >_<. I was using that mega sized Terran rifle, and when that guy scolded me, I wanted to insert that rifle into him, one corner at a time.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    1) DPS Cap. It's ridiculous when the Borg or Tholian Red Alert is over in 45 seconds
    <3<3<3<3 Good to see I am not the only one sick of the DPS snobbery going about.

The DPS monkeys are a pack of snobs, last week was doing a ICA and 2 people BFaWd the whole fricken thing in like 20-30seonds flat, then had the audacity to berate me and the other 2 people in the stf.

I barley got a shot in and avoided the afk penalty , the other 2 werent so lucky , and then the 2 asshats had the audacity to berate us that "we didnt do enough DPS and were patheitc" and "people like us shouldnt be allowed to run advanced or elite STFs " , when i said "hey you 2 killed everything before we could get a shot on target" the reply was "well you shouldve been faster" , i lost my temper at that point and showed them how many "colorfull" words i knew.

Blocked them both and moved on, but running into people like that are who are such DPS snobs just irks me.

Had that happen several times, too....especially that bit when one can't even get a shot in. Though I remember in a ground que....the Elachi one, to be precise, where I was scolded for not using the Tr rifle, and hence not getting mega high dps.....ugh >_<. I was using that mega sized Terran rifle, and when that guy scolded me, I wanted to insert that rifle into him, one corner at a time.

... TR rifles.

That might have been another thing for me to wish for: removing stuff that was obviously added so that ... certain people could also perform well in ground missions without a need to put some thought in their build >.>
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User

That has nothing to do with DPS, some people are just jerks.

I can assure you, nerfing the "DPS snobs" ability to carry the map solo will not improve their treatment of players with lower performance. Quite the opposite.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    warpangel wrote: »

I can assure you, nerfing the "DPS snobs" ability to carry the map solo will not improve their treatment of players with lower performance. Quite the opposite.

Maybe, but I agree with others here that a correction may be needed.

I've been keeping an eye on some channels and I'm seeing parse results of over 200k being posted. That's ridiculous.

15k has been cited as needed per player, on average, to complete ISA (and that was before corrections to enemy hitpoints were made, just after DR hit IIRC so it's likely even lower now).

If there are players who are doing 10 times as much such that they can be twice as powerful as a full team would have to be, then something is clearly wrong. Add to that the fact that one of the channels has updated their rules (think it was gold, going from 50k to 80k minimum needed to be invited if I'm not mistaken) and that it's very easy to do well over three times that average number with a variety of builds and I'm not surprised people are calling for a DPS ceiling.

It may not be the best solution, but I do share their opinion that a solution to this madness is needed.
    Post edited by risian4 on
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    My ultimate wish list item, would be a cstore Dreadnought for the Federation, with a normal built in cloak, 5/3 weapons, a hangar that can take frigate pets and the boff stations/stats of the Chronos.

Pretty please!
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    A DPS hard cap is a simple minded idea that will never happen. If the issue is disparity in damage generation between haves and have nots, then a rebalance is required.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    risian4 wrote: »
    warpangel wrote: »

Maybe, but I agree with others here that a correction may be needed.

I've been keeping an eye on some channels and I'm seeing parse results of over 200k being posted. That's ridiculous.

15k has been cited as needed per player, on average, to complete ISA (and that was before corrections to enemy hitpoints were made, just after DR hit IIRC so it's likely even lower now).

If there are players who are doing 10 times as much such that they can be twice as powerful as a full team would have to be, then something is clearly wrong. Add to that the fact that one of the channels has updated their rules (think it was gold, going from 50k to 80k minimum needed to be invited if I'm not mistaken) and that it's very easy to do well over three times that average number with a variety of builds and I'm not surprised people are calling for a DPS ceiling.

It may not be the best solution, but I do share their opinion that a solution is needed to this madness.

But how would they sell new ships if they didn't increase DPS?
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,799 Arc User
    On a Fleet based level, we want them to remove the Dilithium requirements for every single assignment that requires it!
    Everything else we can provide in time, but it's always the Dil requirements that hold us back. :'(
    And we're entering stage 4 main upgrade/stage 2 subset holdings, so that gives you an idea of how astronomical the Dil costs are getting.

On a personal level:
    Unrestrictive Tailor: I want to mix and match everything. lol.

I keep having ideas to combine this outfit option with that outfit option, but cannot.
    For example, I wanted to use the Risian one piece swimsuit as a sleeveless shirt, combine it with some uniform pants on a BOFF.
    Or I want to mix up the Reputation Armors, these boots, that helmet, this torso.

I spend ages in Champions Online designing just the right costume, it's like a minigame in itself.

So naturally I'd love to see that in STO, the ability to experiment with endless combinations and come up with something nobody else has designed before.
    IDIC.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    1. NX Bridge. Nuff said.
    2. Poker mini game. Our ships' (full) interiors have a table, put it to use.
    3. Hats. Baseball hats. Tricots. Fedoras. Deerstalkers. Bowlers. Etc.
    4. Yellow Submarine for the Summer reward ship.
    5. Sir Patrick Stewart in game.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    coolbatman wrote: »
    how about warp cores for those older sets that don't have them<i'm staring at you in the eye borg/omega/honor guard sets>

personally, I would prefer the made more sets like the Krenim Temporal Manipulation set that fit into the holes in older sets instead.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    T6 Pioneer, K'Tanco, Nova, Ambassador, Constellation ,Tal Shiar Enhanced, Hirogin, Voth, Oblilisk. Gorn, Nausican, Orion, Atrox, others.
    Constitution Bridge of Undiscovered Country, Excelsior Bridge of Undiscovered Country.
    Discovery Uniforms
    Kelvin Enterprise-A skin as well as Into Darkness Impulse Engines for either Kelvin Command Cruiser or a whole new ship with bridge officer layout similar to GalaxyT6,SovvyT6,BreenDread or Astika.
    Kelvin Action Uniforms with Kelvin Yorktown Starbase Uniforms.
    Compression Beam Pistols of all current type of weaponry for ground.
    Shiba Inu, Corgi, Boston Terrier, Chihuahua, Dachshund, Japanese Chin, Manchester Terrier, Pomeranian, Husky, Yorkipoo, dog pets.
    A bank similar to trait bank but all for ground and space pets, which can be expanded on via C-Store.
    More Kelvin Timeline stuff.
    More shuttles and more shuttle content. I want to use Janeways shuttle, Kelvin Shuttle, Insurrection Shuttle. All of those.
    More than 30 Active Starship Slots. Come on. it's been forever. Make it 60 or more.
    an unlockable 3rd ground weapon holder.
    2 Unlockable device slots for ground characters.
    DPS cap.
    Unrestrictive Tailor: I want to mix and match everything. lol.
    TOS Style skin and Vizier style skin UNLOCKABLE for all federation Starships.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • Options
    tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    My new #1 is being able to buy exchange/full bank/mail access for a ships bridge.
  • Options
    nephitisnephitis Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I would love the ability to change race/species.
  • Options
    wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    V'Ger.

(or)

Equal ratio of shuttles to ships.
    and everything that would require.
  • Options
    wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    coolbatman wrote: »
    beverly crusher lapdance emote

Bad idea. You'd get Q Lapdance emote with him in one of those female Orion outfits or something.
    Scary...

QucsPWS.jpg
  • Options
    elimgarak#7592 elimgarak Member Posts: 1 New User
    1. Cardassian Faction
    2. Andrew Robinson voice acting
    3. Cardassian Ships
    4. more DS 9 area end-game content
    5. "Tailor" as an in-game title

- can't imagine why...
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    A DPS hard cap is a simple minded idea that will never happen. If the issue is disparity in damage generation between haves and have nots, then a rebalance is required.
    There is supposed to be disparity between haves and have nots, because the point of the game is to get more stuff.

The problem is all the content is designed for the "have nots," regardless of nominal difficulty setting.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I forgot one of my biggest requests: weapon visual slots
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I almost forgot! Gamma Quadrant sector block.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I forgot one of my biggest requests: weapon visual slots

Ooooo.....most definitely this!

Allow us to customize the look of our beams, cannon shots etc. There's no logical reason anymore why this cannot be allowed. I could understand years ago when any PVP existed you wanted to identify a damage type being shot at you to adapt to it. Same with armour,shields etc.
    But those are all now visual slots and can be turned off, so there's no reason weapons shouldn't be the same.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    stupidconversionstupidconversion Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    1) bugfixes - lots of mission and feature bugs, menu bugs (seriously why does the inventory open and close constantly while I'm in the character screen, usually at the *worst* possible time?)... I've basically stopped reporting bugs because I never had a single response, and this is going back to 2011 or so.

I agree that the power creep is a big problem, and it's "crept" into story missions as well (some missions have random difficulty when replayed, also).

I don't think a cap is the answer, it's probably more than one answer, like some sort of auto-optimizer (nowhere near as good as the custom builds of course), PLUS better spread of difficulties, especially for story content, some level of BOFF automation (though BOFF ground behavior suggests they're *really* dumb)... I'm not sure what the final answer is, but a cap would probably just unleash a huge protest from the most profitable players, so it would probably be a waste of time.

Also, hey, I'd *like* to increase my DPS, I just have too many combinations and I would rather play than fiddle (some people actually *play* alts instead of just using them as banks or miners).

I also agree that fleet DIL requirements are too high. There are too many DIL sinks and it's hurting fleet-building. DOFFs are also a hard thing for fleets to fill, just because handling them is clumsy. I'd like to be able to buy/acquire them specifically for the fleet.

One of the bugfixes is minigames running over the network, as opposed to running locally and reporting their results. There's a danger here of interference by cheat programs if they're run locally, but as it is the mining/omega/random minigames are *hugely* subject to lag, drop randomly, jump ahead, and are just really annoying as a result.

• Options
    paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    T6 Franklin
    T6 Risian ships (Corvette and Luxury Cruiser)
    T6 Deep Space Science, Recon Science* and just-plain-old Science Vessels (Nova/Rhode Island)
    T6 Vor'Cha cruiser

* The wireframe in that new Discovery promo video would make a great T6 Recon Sci, especially if it turns out to be the Discovery herself
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    so there's no reason weapons shouldn't be the same.
    Sure there is, in that weapons are not set up anything like ships, and making them set up like ships to have modify able visuals would require a ground up redo of the entire ground item system for an ultimately trivial feature.

I was talking about space weapons mostly.

They must just have a code that determines what the beam etc looks like based on a library of visuals. All that's needed it an option to override that with what the user determines.
    I'm no coder so i have no idea how much work that involves, but I highly doubt any sort of ground-up reworking would be required.
    SulMatuul.png
This discussion has been closed.