test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What would be your ultimate wish-list item?

Comments

• Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Them some lovely rose colored blinders and selective memories you have there... enjoy your delusions.
    Nice refutation using evidence there.
    -Klingons are leading the war with the Tzenkethi.
    -Klingons led the war with the Iconians, and it was a Klingon who was the voice of reason in the end.
    -Klingons were RIGHT about the Undine infiltration from the get go.
    -Klingons have had their homeworld majorly attacked like 3 times in the past 2 years, and came out on top every time.

-Romulans got the Feds and Klinks to settle down long enough to form the Dyson Joint Command, which led to the formation of the Alpha Quadrant Alliance.
    -Romulans are the main hosts of the founding meetings of the Galactic Union.
    -Romulans took out one of the Iconian's major servitor races, the Elachi, effectively all by themselves.
    -Romulans suffered the brunt of the Iconian invasion, and still came out on top.
    -Romulans, despite being the weakest of the three powers, still did the most overall damage to the RSE and Tal Shiar, with the Feds and Klingons just finishing them off afterwards.

Yep, STO has totally treated them bad, and as nothing more then "monster play" and "Snidley Whiplash wanna-bes"

Wu1Ooju.jpg
    ~claps~
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    1) Splitting of all ships into frames (ie visuals) and bridge modules (all the stats), with restrictions like "may only equip Tier X bridge modules" if necessary.

2) T6 Miranda (I think this is the last ship I'm interested in acquiring ...)

3) phase pistols and ENT era MACO weapons

4) ENT era Intrepid (guess I lied in number two, oops)

5) much more accurate sounds for the pulse phasers (or the ability for someone in the community to mod in a replacement)

6) NX bridge ... that's kinda part of the 900 lobi price of lobi ships ... if you can do it for the Vengeance, why not the NX!?
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    A device that cost 1 billion EC from a vendor and caused nearby player characters to turn and salute you unless they also had one.

Would fix ec inflation overnight.

ego stroking, much?
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    A device that cost 1 billion EC from a vendor and caused nearby player characters to turn and salute you unless they also had one.

Would fix ec inflation overnight.

When I saw this my first thought was "how many keys would I have to sell ..." I fear for my wallet if Cryptic ever does that
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Them some lovely rose colored blinders and selective memories you have there... enjoy your delusions.
    -Klingons led the war with the Iconians, and it was a Klingon who was the voice of reason in the end.
    -Klingons have had their homeworld majorly attacked like 3 times in the past 2 years, and came out on top every time.

-Romulans got the Feds and Klinks to settle down long enough to form the Dyson Joint Command, which led to the formation of the Alpha Quadrant Alliance.
    -Romulans took out one of the Iconian's major servitor races, the Elachi, effectively all by themselves.
    -Romulans suffered the brunt of the Iconian invasion, and still came out on top.
    -Romulans, despite being the weakest of the three powers, still did the most overall damage to the RSE and Tal Shiar, with the Feds and Klingons just finishing them off afterwards.

Yep, STO has totally treated them bad, and as nothing more then "monster play" and "Snidley Whiplash wanna-bes"

again you are ignoring a hell of a lot to see what you want to see... and in the process of railing against me you are derailing the topic... so again, enjoy your delusions. I'm not gonna participate in derailing the topic
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    Make all faction based ships in the Z store. Non faction ships all get tossed in lock boxes.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    If Cryptic could add one thing to the game what would be your most desired? Feel free to post a top 5 if you like, but what's the 1 thing you really wish the most that they'd add to the game?

For me my #1 would be a playable end-game level refit Constitution class like the Enterprise-A. That has always been my favorite ship and I'd really like to be able to have one that was actually playable for any of the end-game content.

It's already in-game. Unless you mean the Kelvin refit from the end of the last film?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    If Cryptic could add one thing to the game what would be your most desired? Feel free to post a top 5 if you like, but what's the 1 thing you really wish the most that they'd add to the game?

For me my #1 would be a playable end-game level refit Constitution class like the Enterprise-A. That has always been my favorite ship and I'd really like to be able to have one that was actually playable for any of the end-game content.

It's already in-game. Unless you mean the Kelvin refit from the end of the last film?

Because it's marketed as a T6 TOS Connie, I have a feeling many players don't realize that it can use all the other Connie-style parts. I'll go ahead and say I'd love a C-Store variant with an updated TMP model and no access to the TOS parts, but that's fairly unlikely I believe.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    Some of my wishes have come true. It's happening slowly but since AoY there has been an initiative to introduce retro ships into the game. Including Klingon and Romulan analogues in the mix has made this especially enjoyable even if the delivery mechanism isn't my first choice. The flexibility of the coveted prize packs which give allow the winner to pick their faction ship of choice is an excellent implementation though. I'm still wishing for my TOS Gorn outfit as well.

My, "Wish they would, but know better" wish remains an extensive Foundry overhaul. Make the tools more user friendly on the working end, open up the in game assets across the board and enjoy a sizeable increase in content within the game. Savvy users have already created some excellent content to enrich the play experience but opening the door a little wider would allow for more voices, more adventures across more eras of Trek. If the Foundry didn't feel so adversarial; Like I must fight with or trick it to perform interesting story effects I could see using a lot of time creating content for the game as an enjoyable STO activity.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User

Because it's marketed as a T6 TOS Connie, I have a feeling many players don't realize that it can use all the other Connie-style parts. I'll go ahead and say I'd love a C-Store variant with an updated TMP model and no access to the TOS parts, but that's fairly unlikely I believe.

I think you're right. The TOS model gets all the hype so I bet a lot of folks don't know you can put any of the other skins on it.

It's why after it debuted, some folks started pushing for a revamp/redo of the T2 cruiser skins.

I'm all for making it more available and revamping the skin. So those ideas I support.

Just want to once again point out for those that don't know, that yeah, the T6 Temporal Light Cruiser can wear the TMP Era skin, or even the Exeter skin too.

:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sunderstone71sunderstone71 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Playable Tzenkethi!
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    discojer wrote: »
    1) DPS Cap. It's ridiculous when the Borg or Tholian Red Alert is over in 45 seconds
    <3<3<3<3 Good to see I am not the only one sick of the DPS snobbery going about.

The DPS monkeys are a pack of snobs, last week was doing a ICA and 2 people BFaWd the whole fricken thing in like 20-30seonds flat, then had the audacity to berate me and the other 2 people in the stf.

I barley got a shot in and avoided the afk penalty , the other 2 werent so lucky , and then the 2 asshats had the audacity to berate us that "we didnt do enough DPS and were patheitc" and "people like us shouldnt be allowed to run advanced or elite STFs " , when i said "hey you 2 killed everything before we could get a shot on target" the reply was "well you shouldve been faster" , i lost my temper at that point and showed them how many "colorfull" words i knew.

Blocked them both and moved on, but running into people like that are who are such DPS snobs just irks me.
  • Options
    1) DPS Cap. It's ridiculous when the Borg or Tholian Red Alert is over in 45 seconds
    <3<3<3<3 Good to see I am not the only one sick of the DPS snobbery going about.

The DPS monkeys are a pack of snobs, last week was doing a ICA and 2 people BFaWd the whole fricken thing in like 20-30seonds flat, then had the audacity to berate me and the other 2 people in the stf.

I barley got a shot in and avoided the afk penalty , the other 2 werent so lucky , and then the 2 asshats had the audacity to berate us that "we didnt do enough DPS and were patheitc" and "people like us shouldnt be allowed to run advanced or elite STFs " , when i said "hey you 2 killed everything before we could get a shot on target" the reply was "well you shouldve been faster" , i lost my temper at that point and showed them how many "colorfull" words i knew.

Blocked them both and moved on, but running into people like that are who are such DPS snobs just irks me.

If they care so much about having bigger numbers than you, maybe they aren't so fortunate in another aspect of their lives ..
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited January 2017

I think I've had that happen once or twice and I've rolled ISA at least 150 to 200 times with a team mate that happened to be over 100,000. Interestingly, I've had more experiences of c rap players shouting at everyone which is even more hilarious since they have no idea of what they are doing. Usually they go straight for the gate and get destroyed immediately then shout at everyone for "wasting time" or something to that effect for attacking the transformers.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I'd like to see every starting playable race have a proper home world so that you can at least visit them for a look around and make use of bank/exchange/mail/security officers.
    I mean this is a Star Trek game and it'd be nice to be able to actually see the planets we go to rather than just go into orbit and kill x enemies in some random non-story patrol.

The game as it stands sometimes just feels like a bunch of fights spread over a fast-travel map rather than a decent attempt at presenting something that feels like a trek rpg.
    Let's have something a bit more immersive and "alive" feeling.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    coolbatman wrote: »
    how about tying everything up and turning STO into a single player game with some multiplayer content. meaning all the story elements and rep/doff/admirality stuff could be played w/o the internet connection.

That would mean storing character data client-side, which would be gaurunteed to be ha.cked for quick level 60s, max spec points, max ec, etc

Edit: wtf why is "ha.cked" censored!?
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    aurigas7aurigas7 Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    1st: Proper homeworlds/social hubs for the KDF "minor races"
    - Nausicaan asteroid base with all the services one would expect from space Tortuga.
    - Orion Sin City to rival Risa (gambling, brothels, what have you)
    - the Gorn kings palace including Gorn marines training ground adventure zone (a map with lots of water in it)
    - Subsequent removal of random non-Klingon NPC's from Qonos

2nd: rework of the earlier space sets. Additon of a proper warp core and for the weapon sets and addet choice between beam and pulse weapons. Some unique 360 beams wouldn't hurt either (plasma, disruptor, phaser). Oh, and include the Nausicaan set. Beam array + torp in one set is TRIBBLE, mkay ?

3rd: proper Bridges for Gorn, Nausicaan and Orion ships, and at least 1 T6 choice for each species + something Ferasan and Lethean

4th: playable Cardassians for Federation.

5th: removal of all that past, future and loonyverse ships form this timeline ! (yea fat chance...)
    Vorcha_forward.jpg
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    1) Bug Fixes
    2) Bug Fixes
    3) Bug Fixes
    4) Removal of Powercreep
    5) Balanced Game Play for PvP and PvP
    6) More ships for the KDF and Roms
    7) Add in the Female version of the existing KDF species that do not have them
    8) A few new races for Roms, given they control a large chunk of space
    9) Seeing older C-Store ships purchasable with Lobi or Dil
    10) Bug Fixes
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    - ability to search the exchange by faction (so I don't have to sift through all of the fed stuff when I'm looking for things for my KDF or Rom characters)
    - More non-combat missions.
    - Tailor revamp, with uniform/armor restrictions removed and expanded hairstyles/aliengen pieces. Long hairstyles for Caitians. more face and head customization options for Ferengi and other long neglected races.
    - homeworlds for all of the playable races (for both faction) with player housing options (this will never happen of course. Too much artwork involved and too little payoff - even if they were to c-store the majority of it)
    - Customizable ship interior (several free basic sets, with additional options available in the C-store. Because that's the only way interiors will ever happen)
  • Options
    seriousxenoseriousxeno Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    Well since you asked:

1. T6 Miranda. Call the new variant the Saratoga class, named after 2 ships of this class bearing that name.
    2. Model revamp and lighting fix for the K't'inga Battlecruiser. It looks terrible and inaccurate.
    3. An override for starship weapon visals and sounds.
    4. 23rd Century training manuals that actually work. Anything beyond Ensign rank is broken and can't be trained.
    5. Other TMP era themed ships!
    latest?cb=20090525051807&path-prefix=en
    "Let them eat static!"
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User

True. The storyline treats the factions very well. If only the gameplay would keep up, instead of being stuck in S7/LoR state of kinda-at-war.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I second (third?) a DPS cap.
    I would also love to see BOFF trainers at every social hub. Also medical bays
    Pet tab, tribble tab in inventory and personal bank
    That's about it, I think. I'm too easy to please LOL
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    All science!

1) More pieces of gear with sci boosts that are not normally science boosting like the temporal rep shields. How about more engines with sci boosts? I think we only get +Damp on crafted engines right now.
    2) More warp cores for feds with sci boosts, in return, more singularity cores with engineering boosts. I don't really care about those boosts on the Fed side, but they're shoved down my throat.
    3) Fix the stats on the Dominion and Breen sets to match their purposes (Drain!).
    4) More science focused rep sets instead of the usual: +DPS +hull +shields endless repetitive stuff. The Iconian set has more than enough of that, we don't need more.
    5) [Thinking of what else]
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    lucho80 wrote: »
    5) [Thinking of what else]
    Restoring the Quantum Phase Torpedo's pre-nerf shield drain amount?
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
This discussion has been closed.