test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Catching the Torch

Comments

• captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    dalolorn wrote: »
    STO: The Anime!
    Careful what you wish for. We've been given an alternate universe with Lens Flare, another with Film Grain. Do you really want one where every one looks as if there are Animated?
    sttas_1227.png
    Or Anime?
    tng-anime.jpg

I'm not gonna lie, those designs are actually kind of cool...

I'm watching The Animated Series (1973) on Netflix now and while the animation is bad and they were too cheap to license the theme song it's cool to hear all the original cast and see some stories that are new to me.

Aye, we just finished watching it over here. Some of the episodes were pretty fun, like the tribble one (I expected to be disappointed, to be perfectly honest) and The Practical Joker.
    Watch "Beyond the Farthest Star"! DO IT! NOW! :p

Don't question the markhawkman!
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    ST(O)-Anime... might be nice.

There's already a manga anyways.

latest?cb=20060819015702&path-prefix=en
    My daughter purchased this for me on my birthday. Liked it. A lot. Always interesting to see how other art and storytelling styles interact with Star Trek.

A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    So Mike, I'm going to throw out a beautifully stupid idea. Back when I played champions the devs made their cm into an in game pet. I actually have a mini TrailTurtle/IrisIrregular doll unlocked on my champs account.

Do you think you could convince the STO devs to add a mini-Trendy and a mini-Mike to the lobi pet store?

Also what size straight jacket do you wear? And welcome!
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    they haven't even added bacon as a consumable yet...forget pets​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    We do have Targ though, just not bacon
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    Welcome aboard Mike. May God have mercy on your soul.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
    klingons have no gods - they killed them all​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • admiralkogaradmiralkogar Member Posts: 875 Arc User
    klingons have no gods - they killed them all​​

They are delicious with garlic butter ...

Qapla!
    edited November 2016
    Speaking of delicious ...
    Mike, (may I call you Mike?) it would be awesome to be able to get the D-7 battle cruiser in the 'Enterprise Incident' variant, if not flyable by all Roms, then KDF aligned Roms at least.

If that sounds good, could you throw in an extroverted Romulan Commander? I wouldn't mind. :)

Oh, and I would pay ... ;)

Uumm ... for the ship I mean.

Qapla!
  • jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Mike, (may I call you Mike?) it would be awesome to be able to get the D-7 battle cruiser in the 'Enterprise Incident' variant, if not flyable by all Roms, then KDF aligned Roms at least.

If that sounds good, could you throw in an extroverted Romulan Commander? I wouldn't mind. :)

Qapla!

Qapla!

Seriously. Rom D7s for KDF Roms. the art Assets are in the game already because of AoY, maybe talk with the devs about making them availible for players have use of them. would add an incentive to make KDF Roms

EDIT: Also, Welcome.

My bad.
    Post edited by jarenriccar on
    27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg

• risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Welcome :)

Always good to have more Ferengis with us. I was running out of things to punch :p

• dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    He's a Klingon. :angry:

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User

Said by a Protoss. Dude, wrong universe! :wink:
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    Do you seek knowledge of time travel? :tongue:

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • dean962dean962 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Hello ambassadorkael, we've been waiting for you.latest?cb=20071016221549
  • necreliosis#4763 necreliosis Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    I'm a little late to the party having just noticed this thread, but hello and welcome :) .
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager

*looks up from constructing Additional Pylons* Hmm?
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    @ambassadorkael#6946
    h32EB73C2

Just a heads up, a lot of us loved having Trendy as CM so... big shoes to fill. I wish you luck, and hope that you prove to be just as fun as she was. Also... By any chance do you have a "weapon of choice" like Trendy's Leek of Doom/Ban'leth?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    edited November 2016

These are interesting warp-cores you've got there, sir!
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    Hi Mike ! Welcome
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Welcome to the STO Community. I hope you're not so incompetent that you compel us to mock and deride you for years to come, but not so incredibly competent and good at your job that you end up getting promoted or given additional workload to take away your time from the STO community.

Just find that sweet spot and we'll be fine.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEJd838oNp4
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User

StarCraft fan... you gain bonus nerd points. :p
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

but for the big prize...is he a Harry Potter fan?​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    but for the big prize...is he a Harry Potter fan?

Is HP nerdy? I mean it's certainly on the one end of the spectrum, but for all we know the new CM could also make furry versions of his Warhammer 40k army while listening to the classic Dr Who theme in his workshop sitting in front of a Amigamania "Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis" poster at 2 am on a saturday. Not that there would be anything wrong with that.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    angrytarg wrote: »

Is HP nerdy? I mean it's certainly on the one end of the spectrum, but for all we know the new CM could also make furry versions of his Warhammer 40k army while listening to the classic Dr Who theme in his workshop sitting in front of a Amigamania "Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis" poster at 2 am on a saturday. Not that there would be anything wrong with that.​​

In Warhammer Fantasy the Beastmen are furry already, and so are the Skaven. You could get away with assuming that most of the Chaos Space Marines were actually furry under all that armor. Awhile back when you could do Tyranid mutants you could mess with their standard appearance. In theory you could justify making them furry. Just saying.

But do Caitians and Ferasans pose a threat to any of those? Maybe on another thread? :)

Who is this Harry Potter? ;)

Qapla'!
  • dakotadahotnessdakotadahotness Member Posts: 170 Arc User

nabreeki wrote: »
    The players have been talking a lot recently about reinstating the 20% chance knockdown effect for snowballs during the winter event. I know you're just getting situated, but this would be a great way to get in good with the community.

Welcome aboard! My name is Nbreeki of Starfleet Dental -- STO's premiere public service fleet.

No Nbreeki, only you and your Dental friends have.
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager

but for the big prize...is he a Harry Potter fan?​​

I spent a weekend in Virginia last year at an immersive Harry Potter themed LARP. So...yes. :)
    angrytarg wrote: »

Furry Necrons would be weird.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    And all the non-furry necrons are not weird?Then again, compared to some of us around here maybe not.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Your necrons don't sport kitty facepaint? Pff, ridiculous. Who'd respect that?
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou