test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Idea's for Beyond stuff in STO.

13»

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,521 Community Moderator
    Here come the purists again... -_-

Trek is relevant again, and is appealing to a new generation.

It exists, it is canon, it is a clean slate new universe for new stories that does NOT impact everything that came before it.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    NO MORE JJ ****! I refuse to call it anything but that. This is not JJ trek universe. This is "prime" universe so if anything bring in discovery stuff when the series premieres. Like it or not Beyond flopped and stupidly before the numbers came in CBS/Paramonut greenlighted another instead of waiting a couple of weeks. JJ Trek is effectivly DEAD. They just don't know it yet as the suits haven't caught up to reality. Only reaped about 46 mill over what it cost to make that is pitiful for global release. Budget 185 million box 231 million. Not a good return compared to other films in the franchise.

Almost every single part of that is incorrect. In fact the only part you got correct was about how there will be a new series coming.
    Also, it's cute and endearing (like an incontinent skunk) the way you types refuse to use the correct name (Kelvin Timeline) for this alternate universe instead preferring to name it after the director of the first two films. It shows a real lack of knowledge of episodes like 'Parallels' or 'Mirror Mirror'.

Thankfully the franchise is no longer dependent on change resistant fanbois to survive and is able to generate money from whole new generations as it continues to change in the same way it always has. But we thank you for your stats of the returns of 'Beyond' carefully pulled out of your ar$e, you seem to really have the heart of this franchise down to a T.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    After what was announced the Canon argument is no longer valid.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • theotherscotty#9105 theotherscotty Member Posts: 385 Arc User
    I'm with rattler2 on this. I know lots of people love to hate on the Kelvin Timeline Trek, but let's face it: without it, the franchise might've stagnated and died (in fact it was already arguably stagnant and dying). We can disagree on the direction that JJ Abrams, Orci, Lin, and others have taken with the rebooted Trek universe, and there are things I wish they'd done differently (or not done at all), but still... love it or hate it, the Kelvin Timeline Trek pretty much saved the franchise and made it relevant in the public eye again.
    Kelvin Lockbox 1 was just the start I think. I have a feeling Star Trek 4 is going to have a lot more federation ships. Maybe even a Battle Of Endor type space battle between Fed, KDF and Tal Shiar.

Like my fanpage!
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    artan42 wrote: »
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    NO MORE JJ ****! I refuse to call it anything but that. This is not JJ trek universe. This is "prime" universe so if anything bring in discovery stuff when the series premieres. Like it or not Beyond flopped and stupidly before the numbers came in CBS/Paramonut greenlighted another instead of waiting a couple of weeks. JJ Trek is effectivly DEAD. They just don't know it yet as the suits haven't caught up to reality. Only reaped about 46 mill over what it cost to make that is pitiful for global release. Budget 185 million box 231 million. Not a good return compared to other films in the franchise.

Almost every single part of that is incorrect. In fact the only part you got correct was about how there will be a new series coming.
    Also, it's cute and endearing (like an incontinent skunk) the way you types refuse to use the correct name (Kelvin Timeline) for this alternate universe instead preferring to name it after the director of the first two films. It shows a real lack of knowledge of episodes like 'Parallels' or 'Mirror Mirror'.

Thankfully the franchise is no longer dependent on change resistant fanbois to survive and is able to generate money from whole new generations as it continues to change in the same way it always has. But we thank you for your stats of the returns of 'Beyond' carefully pulled out of your ar$e, you seem to really have the heart of this franchise down to a T.​​

First off I was all on board with the 2009 film yea cool sure there were WTF moments but yeah I was signed up. The Into Darkness came and wow what a let down. Serioulsy a very bad rewrite of perhaps the best of the TOS cast films. The whole Khan thing really cheapened the gut wrench momnet where TOS Kirk lost his best firend and mentor in many ways TOS Spock. The switch just didn't work on the same level. Could it have been better yes also worse no doubt. Resitant to change no far from it. I am one of the few that actaully like Enterprise it was different and showed a crew and capt. truly out of thier depth and comfort zone. Voyager wow Year of Hell one of the very best episodes ever of any Trek series.
    Go pull up the box returns for Beyond the numbers I posted were the latest at the time of my post. It had a opening week 59.6 million dollar box office the lowest of the three KT universe films 2009 Star Trek had a 75.2 million opening with a 150 million dollar budget and Into darkness a 70.1 million opening and a 190 million dollar budget. Think about it the suits in Hollywood only care about the box draw and when the numbers drop this much it never bodes well. I won't use KT sorry it is just clunky. I will use JJ as it shows my contempt for him. Small screen he's great no to ways about it but big screen not so much. Even the arguably well done Star Wars The Force Awakens was to a great extent a rewrite of episode four a New Hope. Cloverfield the only really interesting stuff was never expanded on. Ten Cloverfield was good right to the last 10 minutes or so when it fell apart. JJ should have called cut wrap it up when she got out of the bunker. An obvious sequel hint wasn't needed nor the "dog" alien. That could have come in a followup film. Don't get me wrong Mr. Lin is a great director and Simon Pegg is brillant all around but lets be honest and brutally so Beyond has an Albatross around it's neck called JJ Abrahms. Any film set in that universe will have that bird weighing it down more so with Beyond's so so earnings to date. Compare them to Suicide Squad 175 million budget opening box 133.68 million. with a gross to date of 262.4 million so tell me how Beyond is a good money maker?

there is still hope.

Like my fanpage!
    I wish something could be done.

Like my fanpage!
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
    I have faith with Simon Pegg at the helm producing
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      I have faith with Simon Pegg at the helm producing

Me too. Beyond was really damn good.

Like my fanpage!
    • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,521 Community Moderator
      Simon Pegg didn't produce, but he did write. Justin Lin also did a good job of directing, and it turns out he's a Trek fan and wanted to do a good job as well. Or so I heard on the Interwebz. In fact... it was Lin who convinced Karl Urban to come back as McCoy. And as we all know... Urban just nails McCoy perfectly.

Apparently Karl Urban had some concerns about how McCoy was gonna be handled in Beyond, so he was iffy on coming back at first. He'll probably need the same for the next one, but if Lin and Pegg are working it, I'm confident that Urban will come back as McCoy.
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
      If there is less news about Dredd 2 totally.

Like my fanpage!