test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What from Beyond do you most want to see in STO? [SPOILERS]

isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
There's a lot in the film and no doubt plenty will trickle into STO now that the Kelvin box has been opened. How it is worked in aside, what's top of your list?

Obviously can't talk about this without some minor spoilers, so if you haven't seen it you best go away.

What from Beyond do you most want to see in STO? [SPOILERS] 95 votes

New Uniforms (standard & jackets)
31%
captaingunslayercommanderkassytiekosorathemetalstickmana3001kitsunesnouteldarion79neos472iconiansrattler2seaofsorrowsfarmallmscarlingjamesstjamesmagusofborgjslynfelix313teknesiaioneontheraven2378 30 votes
Franklin
15%
talonxvlatiasracerdaveynyreyan01kodachikunodexxis7tritan2409jexsamxveotaxkekvinalpharaider47#7707gawainviiisnipe048reafishanover2 15 votes
Yorktown
5%
amosov78kyle223catoninotaki18sephysamastotphpaskins 5 votes
1701-A
20%
thetaninealexraptorrdracounguise30ernestzarato4218lexusk19daedalus304fulleatherjacketbluerecklooseevilmark444azmodeasgreyhame3captainbmoneybulldogmacraggeemacsheadroomdjf021erhardgrundacethepugtheotherscotty#9105 19 votes
New aliens
5%
kurumimorishitarisian4huskerklgclaudiusdkthelordofshades 5 votes
The planet, the "ancient one's", their drones and ships (prime or kelvin universe)
3%
haurianttimbo2008[Deleted User] 3 votes
The beats and the shouting
5%
cptjhunterarabatursnoggymack22johnnymo1vonsean1 5 votes
Holographic duplicates of yourself on motorcycles
1%
garaks31 1 vote
How could you not mention x?
2%
thay8472thekodanarmada#7342 2 votes
I fail to see how excrement of any kind plays a part in this game
10%
ssbn655captainoblivoussheldonlcoopercrashdragonfatherrocknrobbiecgnosis82qbecks7mnemosyne#4092captkelly31#5645 10 votes

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    The planet, the "ancient one's", their drones and ships (prime or kelvin universe)
    All of it please. We need aliens, planets, beats, and those jackets are really nice looking
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    How could you not mention x?
    I want ....
    The race at the start of the movie, have them declare war on the Epohhs.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    thay8472 wrote: »
    I want ....
    The race at the start of the movie, have them declare war on the Epohhs.

OMG YES!
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    Franklin
    I said I want the franklin because I do, however I also want 3 SEPARATE story lines in the next chapter. Federation does A, KDF does B and Roms do C, but they are all tied together, not: All factions do the same goddamn thing.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    All of it!
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    It all needs to happen, but I'll settle with outfits.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    They sound make all the planets from all 3 movies a top priority to get in the game.
  • Options
    born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    Let you know in a bit - just watching it at home right now.
  • Options
    zellkarrathzellkarrath Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    The poll needs the option to choose multiple choices. I'd like to see most of the stuff from Beyond get in. New uniforms, the Franklin, a Yorktown social zone, 1701-A as an alt costume for the current T6 Constitution, some of the new aliens, and the planet itself could be an interesting adventure zone.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    no option for all of it

biased poll is biased​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    None of it, if it's in a lockbox/lobi store like the other Kelvin stuff.

All of it, if in the cstore.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    I fail to see how excrement of any kind plays a part in this game
    The final perma-death of the JJprise and her ilk.
    Failing that, bring in the species from the start of the new film. Loved the opening :)
    I need a beer.

• Options
    Spoiler

That Yorktown base - is total BS - building something that size is not realistic for the Federation at that point. It looks like the surface area of 1000 Earth Space docks!! - Plus the starship entry goes down a tunnel which is the perfect size for that ship?? Nothing bigger can be made? Just my first nitpick of this movie.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    Spoiler

That Yorktown base - is total BS - building something that size is not realistic for the Federation at that point. It looks like the surface area of 1000 Earth Space docks!! - Plus the starship entry goes down a tunnel which is the perfect size for that ship?? Nothing bigger can be made? Just my first nitpick of this movie.
    The series have always been violating laws of physics (the transporters and replicators being the worst offenders) and you call Yorktown "not realistic"?
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Dem field jackets... <3
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    oh, and i notice one of the choices in the polls mention ancient ones...which is exactly what the player calls the revived preserver in Blood of Ancients

kelvin timeline preservers confirmed​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    The series have always been violating laws of physics (the transporters and replicators being the worst offenders) and you call Yorktown "not realistic"?

Well lets not get into the fact that the ship can go half way around the galaxy in a few minutes like the last one from Klingon homeworld to Earth in minutes - and yes the transporter to that let Khan go there to - why have starships?
  • Options
    why have starships?

To actually FIND the planets. You want to just point in a direction and beam... into open space without a way back?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    tiekosoratiekosora Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    Yeah, gimme the Minmay Attack! (Beats and shouting)

18EOWbV.jpg

They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    WHAT FROM BEYOND DO YOU MOST WANT TO SEE IN STO?

Barbara Crampton in fetish wear ;)

Oops, wrong From Beyond. It did have Jeffrey Coombs though.
  • Options
    captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    I want those sweet jackets the most, myself. But, I'd vote for an 'All of the Above'. :)

Though, is the Kelvin Timeline 1701-A different enough from the old Enterprise to be more than a skin? All I really noticed that was different was a slightly redone bridge.
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    The Beats and the Shouting! Duh!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captsol wrote: »
    I want those sweet jackets the most, myself. But, I'd vote for an 'All of the Above'. :)

Though, is the Kelvin Timeline 1701-A different enough from the old Enterprise to be more than a skin? All I really noticed that was different was a slightly redone bridge.

She's still a Connie. Probably some enhancements to her systems, but not to the point where a full TMP style refit comes into play. I think that's still 10-20 years away in universe.
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    You all are cray! I mean I personally would want ALL of the things. But if I had to choose the obvious answer is still ...

The beats.

AND the shouting!

How can anyone vote for anything else? There's beats. There's shouting. All else comes later!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    alpharaider47#7707 alpharaider47 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    Franklin
    I voted for the Franklin because it was a great ship and had a cool storyline, but I love the new uniforms, and everything really. I think there is a lot of storytelling potential for Cryptic to take advantage of. You have an alternate reality struggling to find itself and explore the universe around them, in a familiar and yet entirely different feel.

However, if there was one thing I think would be absolutely awesome to add...
    Kelvin Constitution Saucer Separation
    Or perhaps extend the existing consoles to be used on the above ship.
    sFfAcbR.jpg
    STO Beta Test and Launch Veteran
  • Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User

I like those jackets. I'd put one on my Temporal Agent.
    rattler2 wrote: »
    She's still a Connie. Probably some enhancements to her systems, but not to the point where a full TMP style refit comes into play. I think that's still 10-20 years away in universe.

The Vengeance was a Kelvin TMP ship. Look at those nacelles.

tiekosora wrote:
    Yeah, gimme the Minmay Attack! (Beats and shouting)

And equip it on the transforming Vet Ships with the big ol' cannons.
  • Options

The Vengeance was a Kelvin TMP ship. Look at those nacelles. [/quote]

Nacelles don't make a TMP ship. I mean, look at the Excelsior! Also... might have to do with it being more armored than the Connie.
  • Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    Nacelles don't make a TMP ship. I mean, look at the Excelsior! Also... might have to do with it being more armored than the Connie.

True, true. It was probably supposed to represent that level of comparable tech, though. That is what I took the design to mean, anyway. You know, for whatever my opinion is worth.

Really, they probably skipped the early TMP era for the most part since they had scans of the inside and outside of the Narada and its post-TNG tech.
  • Options
    jslyn wrote: »

True, true. It was probably supposed to represent that level of comparable tech, though. That is what I took the design to mean, anyway. You know, for whatever my opinion is worth.

Really, they probably skipped the early TMP era for the most part since they had scans of the inside and outside of the Narada and its post-TNG tech.

as far as STO is concerned, it's equivalent to late 24th/early 25th century technology

canon-wise...probably the same thing​​

#LegalizeAwoo