test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Time for all Fed ships to have integrated cloak??

spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
I got the new Vengeance class Dread and it comes with a cloak built in. Personally think it should be a battle cloak, but might as well make all Fed ships with cloaks. The cat is out of the bag now. While it is only somewhat useful in person, it's nice to have. I don't think there are more than 50 pvp players left so meh , why not just add it to Fed ships. Let's not mention treaty stuff also, as we are all one big happy federation :p
Post edited by spacebaronline on

Comments

• officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Hell yeah!
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    /jranger​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Speaking as a Fed player myself, I don't want to see anymore fed ships with cloaks, and no fed ship should ever have a battle cloak.

Why? Simple.. I think we have more then enough. Cloaks should be something that remain primary to Romulans and KDF.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    Why? Simple.. I think we have more then enough. Cloaks should be something that remain primary to Romulans and KDF.

But in the century we're in at Procyon 5 aren't they both proud members of said Federation?

;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Well.....my Fed is loving her T6 Fleet Valiant with 3pc set battle cloak. And i am too.

I support cloak but for exclusivity sake BC should be rarer.
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    Speaking as a Fed player myself, I don't want to see anymore fed ships with cloaks, and no fed ship should ever have a battle cloak.

^^This.

I'm not opposed to the occasional Fed ship with a cloak, so long as it makes sense. Like the Defiant, and perhaps the Intel ships.

But adding cloaks to all fed ships?

Yeah... NO.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    i'm a romulan player, and personally I don't care. even with battle cloak, federation ships can't compete the awesome romulan ships. But if finally, feds can use battle cloak, all the romulan ships should have enhanced battle cloak, because if the federation can improve its technology, why not the romulans or even the klinks.
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    how about feds who want to fly kdf/rom ships make kdf/rom characters instead?

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
    Well according to Temporal timelines the old treaty is now null. So certainly new ships should come with cloak. But if it becomes a battle cloak, then yes Romulan and KDF should all get enhanced battle cloak.
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    No, Feds are spoiled enough. They whine about carriers... they get them. They whine about BOP, they get one. No cloaks for feds. Especially no battle cloaks. Defiant and Galaxy, Dreadnaught. Not all. If you're unhappy about it, tough. Play a Romulan or Kling. Unless you want Romulans to demand battle cloak on all ships with 40 plasma torpedoes.
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
    Hey, hey now. Let's not bring carriers into this! Humans (one of the founding members of the Federation) have used Carriers for decades, why shouldn't Starfleet take a page from Human history? Lol.
    No, Feds are spoiled enough. They whine about carriers... they get them. They whine about BOP, they get one. No cloaks for feds. Especially no battle cloaks. Defiant and Galaxy, Dreadnaught. Not all. If you're unhappy about it, tough. Play a Romulan or Kling. Unless you want Romulans to demand battle cloak on all ships with 40 plasma torpedoes.

sad thing is most of em can't fly worth a ****.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    How about integrated MES instead?

Cloak on fed ships should be limited in my opinion, but any cloak should at least be a battle cloak.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    nightken wrote: »

How true..
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes

How true..

Actually, this can be said regardless of faction. I've seen players who can't fly worth a [Redacted] even on KDF/Rom.

They're only more noticable on Fed because the bulk of players play Fed. lol
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    I call the Scimitar "Darwin's Fist" because I see more people get blown up in them than anything else, or maybe it's just a confirmation bias since the Thalaron cloud they leave behind is more noticable.

Most people who play the game are just bad at the game, regardless of faction.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    orion0029 wrote: »

How true..

Actually, this can be said regardless of faction. I've seen players who can't fly worth a [Redacted] even on KDF/Rom.

and their more likely to be asking for someone else stuff then crying when they can't handle it.

kdf and roms are too busy trying to get basic ship types for that mess.

• nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    Why not...not like the kdf have anything else left to give.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    The one and only reason the Vengeance has a cloak is because it is a full Intel ship, and ALL Intel ships have cloaks of one kind or another.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    nikephorus wrote: »
    Why not...not like the kdf have anything else left to give.

Yup they pretty much have everything.
    Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for the copy/paste of the Aventine.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    My Fed characters don't need a cloak. They come in with weapons firing in full glory.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
    orion0029 wrote: »

How true..

and their more likely to be asking for someone else stuff then crying when they can't handle it.

kdf and roms are too busy trying to get basic ship types for that mess.

Well, it's to be expected when the bulk of the playerbase plays one faction...

Personally I'd love a good Klingon Science Ship for my KDF Sci toon.

And a proper carrier, for my Rom Tac.

I'm not going to hold my breath, however, as I don't expect Cryptic to invest equally into factions that few players play.

A shame, though... :'(

As for Fed cloaks, it's not Starfleet's way to be sneaking around (Section 31excluded, hence my previous comment about Intel ships lol), if you do insist on cloaking about I highly suggest making a KDF/Rom character, some of those Romulan ships are downright spiffy!
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    There are certain ships that should have it like my Phantom intel ship, but it's built for being sneaky and doing intel work, but all fed ships, no just no. Don't need it.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
    talonxv wrote: »
    There are certain ships that should have it like my Phantom intel ship, but it's built for being sneaky and doing intel work, but all fed ships, no just no. Don't need it.

I am not saying retrofit all the old ships with cloak, but would be nice going forward. And a battle cloak would be nice! I mean 90% of new toons must be Fed now with AOY - so what's stopping Cryptic from making new fed ships with a battle cloak? It would mean $$$$ - even though it's really just a gimmick for pve.

I am not saying retrofit all the old ships with cloak, but would be nice going forward. And a battle cloak would be nice! I mean 90% of new toons must be Fed now with AOY - so what's stopping Cryptic from making new fed ships with a battle cloak? It would mean $$$$ - even though it's really just a gimmick for pve.

nothing is stopping them... except basic respect for the ip which they do have, for all their flaws the do have some respect for it. feds very rarely use cloak for a few reason including gene roddenberry felt they wouldn't use cloak because their explorers not warriors.

and really kdf doesn't get battle cloak for all their ships and you want it for feds?

beside most players don't know what to do with cloak anyway.

• breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited July 2016

If all ships have Battle Cloak, how would they use Battle Cloak as a sales incentive? The lack of differentiation would cost the company money, making them lose out on sales of ships like the Ouroboros and Defiant 3-pack... not to mention Lobi/Lock Box ships like the Vengeance (which has a Cloak because it is a full-feature Intel Ship).

Which doesn't even address the already limited faction diversity issues...
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    For all ships?

No.

The occassional cloak for a ship is OK... there is abdolutely any need to take away the unique things that seperate Romulans or Klingons.
    nothing is stopping them... except basic respect for the ip which they do have, for all their flaws the do have some respect for it. feds very rarely use cloak for a few reason including gene roddenberry felt they wouldn't use cloak because their explorers not warriors.

and really kdf doesn't get battle cloak for all their ships and you want it for feds?

Cryptic cares about the ip??

I see the issue about letting everyone have a cloak and then why roll a rommie? Let's just forget about the KDF as Cryptic pretty much has. Still a few of the new Temporal ships should all get battle cloaks integrated. And then some special Fed ships going forward.
    edited July 2016

Cryptic cares about the ip??

I see the issue about letting everyone have a cloak and then why roll a rommie? Let's just forget about the KDF as Cryptic pretty much has. Still a few of the new Temporal ships should all get battle cloaks integrated. And then some special Fed ships going forward.

outside the raider and maybe letting the battlecruiser use the cloak console no. if they want to be quiet about temporal problem they shouldn't be sending in large ships/fleets. one well placed agent can do the job better and with less risk to the timeline. some special ship should be limited to extreme few preferable only ships part of a line that can already. not saying none but it should be several releases before it even comes up in design phase much less get into the game

and yes they do... some more then others but they do. the fact they stick to their guns about very few fed ships getting cloak shows that. and all the little nods to thing most fans have forgotten... some of the "pure star trek" fans don't but cryptic does. I'm one of the people whose normally on their case about how bad a job their doing.

• talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User

Want a built in battle cloak roll a romulan or KDF and use a BOP. Federation literally have zero need for them outside of a few specific ships. Hell even my defiant class ships don't need them. I have cloak on them and I don't even really use it.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
This discussion has been closed.