test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Did you change uniform after Caleb

Comments

• farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    Retained a TOS uniform
    farmallm wrote: »
    Soon as my AOY walked out of the shuttle area. And saw all the uniform variations used. She was like, what "uniform standard". So she just kept on going to meet him. Since she will fit in anyways.

To be fair though NPC's now have a uniform standard, it's only players that are given the freedom to mix and match as they please, which isn't actually part of the Narrative.

Since I re-rolled, I may do the updated look. Just long enough to meet him. After that back to being retro.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    I grabbed the Wells uniform, since it's the good time traveller uniform. The temporal agency costume Daniels wears is godawful.
  • shadowedwolf841shadowedwolf841 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I demand a third option!
    I changed... But only to the Motion Picture outfit...
    It might be ugly... But it goes more in line with how I wrote that character in my head before rolling him.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    Retained a TOS uniform
    Cryptic gave me an excuse to go whole hog on a TOS gimmick crew, by God I'm going to take it.
  • schloopdooschloopdoo Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    Changed to 25th century or other
    The spirit of the thing is that Daniels has set you up with a new identity, so I switched my Captain and crew to some 25th Century duds.

25th Century Starfleet regulations do allow Captains a fair amount of discretion when it comes to uniforms, though, so before long I had adopted the Odyssey Excursion uniform, done in the color scheme of the bridge officer uniform, for its practicality and durability. Since 23rd Century ladies' uniforms did show a little skin, I issued them Mirror Odyssey tops while retaining the Excursion uniform's pants with cargo pockets.

July%2013%202016_zpsehoqqffq.jpg
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    i swapped to a standard science odyssey uniform for my vulcan

cryptic put in all that work making it, might as well use it on more than one character​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    I demand a third option!
    tinyfisted wrote: »
    Both. I have a 25th century uniform for normal use, blending in with Starfleet, and I've kept my 23rd C uniform for blending in... with Starfleet. :)

This. The TOS outfits are still there, complete with inferior makeup, and I switch to them on boffs and captain alike when traveling back to Drozana and stuff like that - but for everyday use I have the Odyssey.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • bengahlbengahl Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    hey i went with gallivanting about in a "wrath of khan" era uniform.
  • freightstopperfreightstopper Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    Immediately switched to mirror ToS uniforms, since my story for him was a transporter accident beaming back from a looting salvaging run on an alien ship (time traveling ferengi marauder) dropped him and his away team into the ToS.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Retained a TOS uniform
    Oh I stick with the 23c theme on the new toon indefinitely. It’s simply too cool.

For the time being my bridge crew has the TOS unis with much attention to detail (nurses, red shirts with torn stuff). Of course my Andorian character runs around in her green captain's tunic. I combined it with a black miniskirt which fits nicely. I also managed to come up with some hot-retro-looking off duty outfit combining parts of the 23c andorian/vulkan costumes, vintage risa bikini, seven of nine pants and kahn boots. Space Barbie is strong with the new recruit but thankfully not hindered me to achieve my leveling goals.

The T6 Paladin currently gives me a blast stats-wise and serves as my main leveling ship. Gladly, I could put on the Ranger’s visuals. I also use the T1 Constitution’s interior I got from the old TOS pack. Visiting it is really fun especially due to fact that this one still comes without the grain effect. It has so much detail.

Have to see what to do in the long run. I haven’t made up my mind yet if I switch to 23c kelvin at some point. Got the uniform pack already but still have to wait for the T6 Constitution to get cheaper.

TOS vs. Kelvin look will be tough to decide!

We shall see. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Got a lot of stuff that I fancy more than those simple shirts, plain red/yellow/blue is just a tad too boring.
  • jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    Retained a TOS uniform
    I swithced to the kelvin timeline uniforms ^^;
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    I demand a third option!
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Retained the TOS uniform; but to be honest I have little intention of using the character again and will likely delete, as I have NO intention of playing through the entire 25th century STO story again.

That is rather rash. Leave it in there, pick it up at your own leisure - better to have the option and not use it than to lose it and be incapable of using it when you want it. My Delta Recruits took somewhere on the order of half a year before I got around to paying them the attention they wanted.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Retained a TOS uniform
    Retained the TOS uniform; but to be honest I have little intention of using the character again and will likely delete, as I have NO intention of playing through the entire 25th century STO story again.

It's not the entier 25th century arc. Dyson Sphere and Ico War are not part of the event. I think Furture Proof isn't either. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User

It's not the entier 25th century arc. Dyson Sphere and Ico War are not part of the event. I think Furture Proof isn't either. :)

Yeah it's only up to the borg/undine arc, not even the new "Yesterday's war" is included despite taking place between everything.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    future proof is the next-to-last story arc you have to finish to complete that portion of temporal recruit rewards - the last is yesterday's war, for some reason, despite every mission in it coming 'before' future proof, storywise​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Don't you just hate it when you think you make a clever joke with innuendo and all and no one picks up on it?

Mustrum "She's a Redhead, there was no rule against redheaded Andorians" Ridcully
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    I also moved my antennae to the "correct" place at the front of the head!!!!
  • dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Retained a TOS uniform
    Yes I kept the Original 23c uniform, and then got t-shirt styled swimsuit set and added a skirt and boots for off-duty. Still haven't decided on the modern uniform. I'm going back and forth between a temporal styled or just a modern style.
  • sarreoussarreous Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    I alternate. For the moment, when I'm running around on ESD I wear an updated uniform. When on ground missions I can't help but to change back to retro.​​
  • razartrek1razartrek1 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    Changed mine so look like bridge uniform of USS Vengeance using motion pictures uniform since I made Alexander Marcus toon i wanted to get as close as possible
    "My life spans millennia. Legions have risen to test me… My ascendance is inevitable. A day, a year, a millennium—it matters not. I hold the patience of stone and the will of stars. Your striving is insignificant. Let your death be the same."
  • thelunarboythelunarboy Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    I changed to the superior TOS uniform, the JJ version

I recently won the Kelvin Constitution and am thinking of starting a "Kelvin timeline" character to Captain it (who in terms of RP would have come through a rift like the Bozeman) Do you think it would be better to play as a vanilla 25c officer, or another temporal agent? In some ways the former seems more sensible but in other ways, being a temporal agent would get me to be where I want the character to be, much quicker...
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I demand a third option!
    I changed to the superior TOS uniform, the JJ version

I recently won the Kelvin Constitution and am thinking of starting a "Kelvin timeline" character to Captain it (who in terms of RP would have come through a rift like the Bozeman) Do you think it would be better to play as a vanilla 25c officer, or another temporal agent? In some ways the former seems more sensible but in other ways, being a temporal agent would get me to be where I want the character to be, much quicker...

If and when I finally pull the JJ-prise from a box, I'm personally just gonna roll with it as if it's the original. If they then release the original as T6 I may just get that to give one of my other toons a T6 Excalibur, and keep my TOS in the JJ-prise, but I haven't decided yet.

How you use yours is up to you though, in my headcanon I just decided a long time ago that the TOS uniforms always looked like the ones in Trek '09, kinda like how some people say TOS Klingons always looked like TNG Klingons.
    I changed... But only to the Motion Picture outfit...
    It might be ugly... But it goes more in line with how I wrote that character in my head before rolling him.

I don't use it, but I do have a uniform slot with the TMP shirt using TOS coloring and black pants and boots. I don't like it as much as the JJ uniform, but it's better than the TOS version IMHO.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    Retained a TOS uniform
    My aoy toon is still in full 23c garb with the 23c pack phaserd on ground and connie phasers in space i dont expect ill be changing it as im not exactly going for deeps with this char
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Retained a TOS uniform
    farmallm wrote: »
    Soon as my AOY walked out of the shuttle area. And saw all the uniform variations used. She was like, what "uniform standard". So she just kept on going to meet him. Since she will fit in anyways.

To be fair though NPC's now have a uniform standard, it's only players that are given the freedom to mix and match as they please, which isn't actually part of the Narrative.

Not as they please. The asterisking tailor is full of arbitrary restrictions.

But how do you suppose it's not part of the narrative? It could be they just don't dare complain to the Chosen Ones about such petty details as wardrobe. If they upset us, who's going to save the Federation, the universe and all of history from the big bads that pop up all over? The NPCs?

I mean, seriously, nobody ever tells Superman off for wearing his underwear over his pants, either.
  • jeffrobinson79jeffrobinson79 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Retained a TOS uniform
    Probably going to be laughed at, but would anyone who has an extra Connie be willing to sell to me for 1490000 EC? I'm working my way up, but I guess I'm too eager to get it.
  • jeffrobinson79jeffrobinson79 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Retained a TOS uniform
    TOS all the way!
  • darkenviousdarkenvious Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Retained a TOS uniform
    as I said earlier TOS all the way, I have a human female science officer wearing the 23rd century nurse outfit skirt, shirt/blouse, showing skin in the legs area, high heel boots with long hair. Why do I only use 23rd century uniforms etc because to me 23rd century uniforms is way better in my honest opinion along with the ships but again just my opinion.

Also to add more to my character with just using nothing but 23rd century uniforms I also use only 23crd century weapons and 23rd century ships in 25th century. I have talked to Quinn and other high ranking officials and they are like whatever because they don't mention anything at all
  • zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    I saved and loaded the TOS uniform I created into a different uniform slot, and designed an Odyssey uniform in the first slot. I wear one or the other depending on how I feel, usually wearing the TOS uniform I started with.
  • trejgontrejgon Member Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I demand a third option!
    swapped shirt for sth "freshier" and that would be it....
    but colours remained the same - engineering red ^-^

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Elenortirie_xSmall.png