test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Did you change uniform after Caleb

124»

Comments

• tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Retained a TOS uniform
    [quote="spacehermit;12995060"]I also moved my antennae to the "correct" place at the front of the head!!!![/quote]

*Gasps in shock...*

H-how could you? That's a part of the ToS feel... you heathen, you!

Heathen, I say!

HEATHEN!!!!!!
  • wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Changed to 25th century or other
    What can I say, just love the Oddysey outfit, all my Starfleets are in that one
  • alpharaider47#7707 alpharaider47 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    Retained a TOS uniform
    My character might be a temporal agent, but they will always be a TOS captain. No, I kept the TOS uniform, though I might use the tunic at some point. Maybe Wrath of Khan once in awhile.
    sFfAcbR.jpg
    STO Beta Test and Launch Veteran
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    I demand a third option!
    I myself went for my own personal head-canon uniform, which pretty much looks like my toons are WW2 bomber crews. Though having said that, I have rocked the TOS look well before the event, and will likely do so long after.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    Technically both yes and no.
    i decided to give my captain a look that is modern but still honors the time she came from.
    [img][/img]20160713141311_1.jpg
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Got the Kelvin uniforms. Nothing says badass like a blue sundress and a BFG.
    rh1Sd7Ql.jpg?1

Science is best when you do it with a BFG.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    jtoon74 wrote: »
    I've tried printscreen and whatever other keus are suggested but, it just won't happen.

Try command /screenshot_jpg

Image should end up in x:\<where ever>\Star Trek Online\Star Trek Online\Live\screenshots

Thanls I'll try that.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    Retained a TOS uniform
    I'm retaining the old school uniform, but that doesn't mean that I can not make other uniforms to use whenever the mood strikes.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I demand a third option!
    gradii wrote: »
    rh1Sd7Ql.jpg?1

BFGs have no place outside of the Doom and Aliens franchises ... can't bring myself to play my SWTOR commando because using anything other than a BFG hurts my performance, since you lose access to a key ability if you equip a rifle. None of my toons or boffs will ever use those ridiculous things in this game.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    I did change my uniform, but I tried to think like a TOS officer while putting it together. I think I managed to do an OK job of blending retro and modern together. My bridge officers still mostly wear TOS stuff though.
    I demand a third option!
    gradii wrote: »
    rh1Sd7Ql.jpg?1

BFGs have no place outside of the Doom and Aliens franchises ... can't bring myself to play my SWTOR commando because using anything other than a BFG hurts my performance, since you lose access to a key ability if you equip a rifle. None of my toons or boffs will ever use those ridiculous things in this game.

Well yes and no, really. The BFG in Aliens is based on the real life role of the heavy machine gun (most famously the M60 used in Vietnam) and similar weapons serve a real purpose in real life infantry squads. If they're not rendered redundant by higher technology making weapons smaller and more efficient, then they or something like them belong in most small combat units. Star Wars, for example. might have a rapid fire blaster in such a role.​​

Yes, they do serve a purpose in real life, but they are also almost exclusively used on a mount of some kind. Even the strongest men and women would have trouble carrying a fully assembled and loaded heavy machine gun at the ready for an extended period of time, and if they tried to fire it from the hip or shoulder they would most likely miss their intended target. I don't have this problem with the "Aliens" smartgun because that attached to the user's armor, which would presumably transfer much of the weight away from the user's arms, and it had a built in tracking system that eliminated the accuracy concerns.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    Given that kind of power, a rifle configuration is redundant as the weapon is already so powerful that you cannot use the highest settings without killing yourself as well as your target. Anything bigger still is rather completely pointless.​​

Actually, rifles are much easier to aim accurately than pistols - even assuming phasers have no recoil - and simple ergonomics would mean that you'd still want rifle-shaped weapons, even if they were just pistols on a larger frame (which the DS9 rifles were).
    I demand a third option!
    staq16 wrote: »
    Given that kind of power, a rifle configuration is redundant as the weapon is already so powerful that you cannot use the highest settings without killing yourself as well as your target. Anything bigger still is rather completely pointless.​​

Actually, rifles are much easier to aim accurately than pistols - even assuming phasers have no recoil - and simple ergonomics would mean that you'd still want rifle-shaped weapons, even if they were just pistols on a larger frame (which the DS9 rifles were).

The primary reason rifles are more accurate is the longer barrel, something that's not as important with energy weapons since they wouldn't benefit from a rifled barrel (all modern firearm barrels have grooves called rifling on the inside that cause the projectile to spin). So with the amount of power hand phasers have, the rifles really are redundant unless you need even more power for something, like taking out a shuttle maybe.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Retained a TOS uniform
    I claimed by Lib Borg eng, and my Delta Intel Boffs..... then dressed them in TOS outfits. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • jakrazieljakraziel Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I changed to a bright pink formal dress.