What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kelvin timeline Admiral outfit?

Are we getting this?

Comments

• Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I'd rather have the service uniform with barracks cover myself.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    I would be happy if I could just get these hats.

Kirk_Spock_Dress_Uniforms-660x439.jpg
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User

This game is in desperate need of more hats.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    So many cool stuff we could get in addition to the current Kelvin Timeline items:
    -Admiral outfit
    -Kelvin-era uniforms
    -Kelvin-class
    -Shuttle
    -Jellyfish fighter (yes, it's a Prime ship but it's so pretty and spinny)
    -D4 fighter (mini D4x, Klingon-exclusive )
    -Nero's trident (with primary attack: stab and secondary attack: throw)
    -Section 31 uniform
    -Sulu's retractable sword
    -Space suit
    -Lens flare Tribble (already here)
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options

starkaos wrote: »

This game is in desperate need of more hats.

Those are not "hats", they are covers.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    They look like West Point cadets with train conductor hats. It's very un-Sci-Fi.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    goodscotch wrote: »
    They look like West Point cadets with train conductor hats. It's very un-Sci-Fi.

Starfleet is military, and the uniform looks military

1.jpg
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    So you want more stuff in a Lockbox or overpriced in the Lobi Store?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User

What are you talking about? Plenty of sci-fi has a pseudo-military feel to it, if not straight-up military.
    Yeah it's unusual to see in Trek, but in the whole of sci-fi, the genre? Fairly common.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • Options
    tenderbitstenderbits Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    sorceror01 wrote: »

What are you talking about? Plenty of sci-fi has a pseudo-military feel to it, if not straight-up military.
    Yeah it's unusual to see in Trek, but in the whole of sci-fi, the genre? Fairly common.

Not to mention, after Nero showing up, that timeline would obviously shift more to military than exploration.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

I'm talking about the uniform not looking very futuristic. Nice uniforms, but not very Sci-Fi looking.

West-Point-Cadets-Listen-to-President-Obamas-Speech-on-Afghanistan.jpg
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter

Starfleet is not military and has rightfully never looked military (or at least any military past the 1700s). The KT Dress Uniforms are the single exception.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options

I'm talking about the uniform not looking very futuristic. Nice uniforms, but not very Sci-Fi looking.

West-Point-Cadets-Listen-to-President-Obamas-Speech-on-Afghanistan.jpg

"What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?"
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    blair1.jpg
    Wing Commander had some decent uniforms.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    auckaaucka Member Posts: 38 Arc User

Not only that, but Pike had a very similar hat in The Cage.
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User

1.jpg

God I hated that uniform. Most uncomfortable thing ever. Rather wear dress blues.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    blair1.jpg
    Wing Commander had some decent uniforms.

And ya know what? I swear Enterprise ripped off the uniforms.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    In what way, they they were the same color?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    talonxv wrote: »
    And ya know what? I swear Enterprise ripped off the uniforms.
    Nah. Enterprise ripped off the fallout jumpsuits.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    Same color coveralls. Probably a coincidence.
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • Options

Yellow spandex would not have been my preference, no. If I'd been the director, I would have called for a sci-fi looking military dress uniform. The West Point cadet look is a bit too 20th century for Star Trek. Again, nice uniforms...very sharp...but for Star Trek...a bit out of place.

uniform_01.jpg

klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User

Your definition of sci-fi is tragically narrow.
  • Options
    wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    cross821 wrote: »
    Are we getting this?
    I hope we do. I saw the Kelvin admiral wearing it in a mission and assumed it was part of the box. I was very disappointed to open the box and not find it.
  • Options
    alpharaider47#7707 alpharaider47 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    I would like to see the Admiral uniform as well as that service/dress uniform with the associated *covers* (they are *not* hats in the military!). It wold give us some great customization options and I think is a great nod to those who have or are serving their country's military.
    sFfAcbR.jpg
    STO Beta Test and Launch Veteran
  • Options

Yellow spandex would not have been my preference, no. If I'd been the director, I would have called for a sci-fi looking military dress uniform. The West Point cadet look is a bit too 20th century for Star Trek. Again, nice uniforms...very sharp...but for Star Trek...a bit out of place.

uniform_01.jpg

The yellow spandex thing was a quote from x-men. But military organizations put a lot of emphasis on tradition, so it's very likely that the starfleet service uniform would be similar to those worn in today's militaries. I mean in the Marines Officers and NCOs still carry swords as part of their dress uniforms.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Starfleet in the prime timeline may not be militairy, but I wouldn't be surprised if they took a more militairistic stance in an alternate timeline where, not that long after its foundation, a core world was destroyed by some madman resulting in near extinction of a founder race.

Look at what the Dominion war (or the attack by the Xindi on Earth to give another example) did to Starfleet: more hawkish stances, swifter responses when under attack (even though a focus on exploration and diplomacy is still very present).

And STO takes it all one step further of course. We can be commandos, so it wouldn't be that weird to have a very military-ish looking uniform available
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    narada was to the kelvin timeline what wolf 359 was to the prime timeline...'nuff said​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    I would like to see the Admiral uniform as well as that service/dress uniform with the associated *covers* (they are *not* hats in the military!). It wold give us some great customization options and I think is a great nod to those who have or are serving their country's military.

Starfleet is not a military or even descended from militaries. It calls them hats.
    risian4 wrote: »
    Starfleet in the prime timeline may not be militairy, but I wouldn't be surprised if they took a more militairistic stance in an alternate timeline where, not that long after its foundation, a core world was destroyed by some madman resulting in near extinction of a founder race.

Look at what the Dominion war (or the attack by the Xindi on Earth to give another example) did to Starfleet: more hawkish stances, swifter responses when under attack (even though a focus on exploration and diplomacy is still very present).

The KT Starfleet is not a military, according to Pike it is a peacekeeping and humanitarian force, so the UN essentially, instead of it's Prime Universe mission of diplomacy and exploration and defence.
    Wolf 359 didn't make Starfleet a military, the Dominion War didn't make Starfleet a military. The attack on the Kelvin and the loss of Vulcan didn't make Starfleet a military. All the latter did was bring S31 into the light who began becoming the Federation's military in essence.

The Xindi stuff doesn't count really as it was an attack on Earth not on the Federation. Earth at that time had no strength in numbers that the Federation would later have so it needed it's military (of which we see MACOs as even Earth Starfleet weren't military).​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    artan42 wrote: »

Starfleet is not a military or even descended from militaries. It calls them hats.
    risian4 wrote: »

The KT Starfleet is not a military, according to Pike it is a peacekeeping and humanitarian force, so the UN essentially, instead of it's Prime Universe mission of diplomacy and exploration and defence.
    Wolf 359 didn't make Starfleet a military, the Dominion War didn't make Starfleet a military. The attack on the Kelvin and the loss of Vulcan didn't make Starfleet a military. All the latter did was bring S31 into the light who began becoming the Federation's military in essence.

The Xindi stuff doesn't count really as it was an attack on Earth not on the Federation. Earth at that time had no strength in numbers that the Federation would later have so it needed it's military (of which we see MACOs as even Earth Starfleet weren't military).​​

If it operates like a military, and performs the responsibilities of a military, then it's a military.

The President could give a speech tomorrow and claim the US Army is a "peacekeeping and humanitarian force" if he wanted to, it wouldn't make it any less of a military organization. I just don't see how so many people can be so blind to the obvious fact that Starfleet IS the Federation's military ...
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    turn this into YET ANOTHER thread bitching about starfleet being or not being a military and i go straight for a mod...

don't...even...THINK...about...it!​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.