test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What do you want for future seasons?

Comments

• kavasekavase Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    Other- Specify with a comment
    Is it greedy of me to want all of these things?

Wishful thinking I know.
    Retired. I'm now in search for that perfect space anomaly.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Gamma quadrant expansion and Cardassian/Dominion faction
    This needs to be a checkbox poll in the worst way. Several good suggestions here.
    Well, there is no way to make such polls yet. On the plus side - a poll that forces a hard choice might be better at figuring out the true favorites.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Procedually generated exploration
    Exploration is seriously needed in STO, and this is should be how it was done from the start.

I mean if something like No Man's Sky can do it with a tiny start-up company then surely a bigger developer like Cryptic can come up with something? The Genesis system was a good basis but needed expanding on. Sadly the game has gone the opposite way and it's all fighting now. Mainly because, well, that's what sell ships.
    SulMatuul.png
  • warpnugget#0537 warpnugget Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    Exploration is seriously needed in STO, and this is should be how it was done from the start.

I mean if something like No Man's Sky can do it with a tiny start-up company then surely a bigger developer like Cryptic can come up with something? The Genesis system was a good basis but needed expanding on. Sadly the game has gone the opposite way and it's all fighting now. Mainly because, well, that's what sell ships.

not going to happen,we have an outdated engine plus cryptic isnt one of those companies that wants to do things the way they should be,they are content with getting money from pumping out new ships over over.

only chance for us to get the star trek game we deserve,with exploration,diplomacy and if we're lucky a proper sandbox setup is to wait for this game to die and then hopefully be picked up by a company who wants to do things right.

Judging by the whales in this game who spend money on glorified mounts hmm sorry meant ships we have a long long wait.
  • comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    Player housing, base building, ship interior designing/building
    Doom much there @warpnugget#0537 ?

Exploration is in the works, per Gekos' many interviews.
    6tviTDx.png

sophlogimo wrote: »
    [...]
    not going to happen,we have an outdated engine plus cryptic isnt one of those companies that wants to do things the way they should be,they are content with getting money from pumping out new ships over over.
    [...]

Allegedly they are working on it.

will probably get the same thing as we had before with some bells and whistles to make it look pretty.

no doom here,i already came to terms that this game has nothing to do with star trek nor what it represents,with an outdated engine there isnt much they can do.

ive just accepted the fact that im going to have to wait a long,long long time for this game to die and then maybe then we will get a proper star trek game,you know less pewpew and more exploration and diplomacy.
  • dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    PvP system, full rework and resurection
    PVP needs a MAJOR overhaul. There isn't any time I warp in to Ker'rat and my warp core breaches the instant I load in. There needs to be some type of system in place that levels out the players in PVP. New players that want to PVP and players that have been around for a while, but want to try pvp gets torn up so bad that it very quickly discourages them from ever coming back.

Maybe a system that levels most of the players stats to be more on an equal level. This way, the person with the highest end gear will have an equal chance as those that doesn't yet have that epic quality stuffs.
    latest?cb=20141230104800&path-prefix=en
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User

While that sounds nice... NMS doesn't pretend to have a story, and it's devs actually stated that they were eagerly waiting to see what sorts of insanity their RNG would spit out. Which is the opposite of the goals of the STO devs.
    gradii wrote: »
    Imho, ground combat is practically unplayable it's so horribly designed.

You're either kidding or have yet to figure out how ground combat works, I don't know what to tell you.

I'm not kidding, I know how to do it and how it works, been playing since beta. Ground is just, IMHO, the most horribly designed combat system in any game I've ever played. It doesn't know if it wants to be a third-person shooter or an actual MMO, and most kit abilities are just plain boring. I'd actually enjoy it if they either went full blown shooter, or full blown MMO, but as it is there is nothing I HATE more in this game than ground combat. From top to bottom there is nothing engaging, entertaining, or enjoyable about it in the least.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, space combat is, imho, a work of pure genius, I just wish I could turn off some of the visual effects. Space combat is literally the only reason I didn't quit back on day one, and it still is the only reason I play.
    I could show you how to do it right. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • freightstopperfreightstopper Member Posts: 232 Arc User

Yeah, right.
    He claims ToS is as much as faction as the romulans are too, so far what they have released on tribble is a new tutorial that lasts six missions.

The other missions which, please note are for 'any captain', are not part of that and are actually the new mission chain.

• comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    Player housing, base building, ship interior designing/building
    Since when did numbers become greater that quality?
    6tviTDx.png

• snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    If we're talking FUTURE content, I want new stuff based on the new TV series. I want this game to tap into what is going to be the very next thing for Star Trek, and that's the TV show.

Compared to anything else on that list? The new TV show has my interest for all things Trek, and so I put that way higher on my want list for the video game as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

only chance for us to get the star trek game we deserve,with exploration,diplomacy and if we're lucky a proper sandbox setup is to wait for this game to die and then hopefully be picked up by a company who wants to do things right.

Judging by the whales in this game who spend money on glorified mounts hmm sorry meant ships we have a long long wait.

One question for you:

WHY PLAY IF YOU CLEARLY HATE THAT GAME SO MUCH!!!!

There's so much doom and negativity in your posts I have to wonder if you're some sort of TRIBBLE who get pleasure out of playing a game you clearly hate with such venom.
    Seriously just leave and save us your petulant whining.
    SulMatuul.png
    edited July 2016

One question for you:

WHY PLAY IF YOU CLEARLY HATE THAT GAME SO MUCH!!!!

There's so much doom and negativity in your posts I have to wonder if you're some sort of **** who get pleasure out of playing a game you clearly hate with such venom.
    Seriously just leave and save us your petulant whining.

just loggin in for this summer event,log in and do flying high then im out again.

negativity in my post?

damn skippy,this is not the star trek game that i want,why should i silence my opinion? maybe you are one of those who just bends over,grabs your ankles and think happy thoughts but im not one of those,i see something i dont like i VOICE MY OPINION ABOUT IT.

and yes i hate this game and everything to do with it but it still is THE ONLY STAR TREK MMO OUT THERE

dont like my post? fine dont read them for all i care,not all of us are happy with this pew pew travesty version of the beloved IP we love so much,fact of the matter is me and one other friend are the only ones remaining from what used to be a large guild of people who love star trek.

so fine,you go ahead and pay hand over fist for your glorified mounts...ehmm sorry meant ships and ill be here voicing my opinion,not much you can do to stop me from doing that can you?

leave? and who is going to make me,you?
    nah you lack the power,im free to post my opinions,this the real world buddy deal with the fact that not everyone is a cryptic TRIBBLE flavoured smoothie drinker,some of us want something better for the star trek ip.
    Post edited by warpnugget#0537 on
    edited July 2016
    Hmmm....the rage is strong with this one!

In a free player anyway so I'm not paying anything on a regular basis, only when I feel something is worthy of my hard earned cash.

If you really hate the game so much nobody really wants to hear you banging on about it constantly. If you were so concerned about the negative impact it's having on your beloved IP then you'd leave now. Every time you log in you tell Cryptic you approve of their game, you fill up their metrics and the game looks successful, so they just carry on. You want to get a better game, vote with your wallet, or PC by not logging in or spending any more on the game.
    But playing just to spite yourself and then whining on here like some kind of Trek martyr is just going to annoy everyone else.
    SulMatuul.png
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    Completely revamped gameplay: challenging end-game content, formidable NPC abilities and AI, team play for healing/tanking/CC/buff/debuff/positioning/composition/loadouts/etc, strategic use of abilities, PvE mission-persistent ship or character damage/injury/loss, use of large maps with randomized scenarios, and rewards that are 1 to 1 with risk, difficulty level, bonus objectives and time spent.

Also, end-game PvE content would involve diplomacy, exploration, search and rescue, providing assistance, tackling space and ground anomalies, special ship/character situations (eg. engineering malfunctions), etc., and the missions themselves could be split up in many parts which allows you to re-queue depending on outcome to the next branch of the mission with a new random team or pre-existing team.

This game has so much potential, perhaps why I'm still here somewhat, always hoping for something along any of those lines outside the DPS chasing map obliteration which caters to kids rather than teens and adults. I've had the most fun using lower tier ships without all the ability overload spam - that to me was STO's finest, hitting that sweet spot of balance between NPC and player skill.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿

In a free player anyway so I'm not paying anything on a regular basis, only when I feel something is worthy of my hard earned cash.

If you really hate the game so much nobody really wants to hear you banging on about it constantly. If you were so concerned about the negative impact it's having on your beloved IP then you'd leave now. Every time you log in you tell Cryptic you approve of their game, you fill up their metrics and the game looks successful, so they just carry on. You want to get a better game, vote with your wallet, or PC by not logging in or spending any more on the game.
    But playing just to spite yourself and then whining on here like some kind of Trek martyr is just going to annoy everyone else.

im already voting with my wallet because i dont spend a dime on the game,and about loggin in im just doing it for this event, clearly their metrics can tell them that my characters logs in for about 2 minutes,i do flying high then logout.

its funny,when someone posts something negative its whining but when someone says something positive no one calls you out on your bs.

im done with you,ill keep on posting WHATEVER I WANT AND WHENEVER I WANT and there isnt a damn thing you can do about it.
    edited July 2016
    Completely revamped gameplay: challenging end-game content, formidable NPC abilities and AI, team play for healing/tanking/CC/buff/debuff/positioning/composition/loadouts/etc, strategic use of abilities, PvE mission-persistent ship or character damage/injury/loss, use of large maps with randomized scenarios, and rewards that are 1 to 1 with risk, difficulty level, bonus objectives and time spent.

Also, end-game PvE content would involve diplomacy, exploration, search and rescue, providing assistance, tackling space and ground anomalies, special ship/character situations (eg. engineering malfunctions), etc., and the missions themselves could be split up in many parts which allows you to re-queue depending on outcome to the next branch of the mission with a new random team or pre-existing team.

This game has so much potential, perhaps why I'm still here somewhat, always hoping for something along any of those lines outside the DPS chasing map obliteration which caters to kids rather than teens and adults. I've had the most fun using lower tier ships without all the ability overload spam - that to me was STO's finest, hitting that sweet spot of balance between NPC and player skill.

exactly my thoughts,agree with you 100 percent.

its a shame to see so much potential just wasted on this pewpew space game with the star trek ip slapped onto it for money making purposes.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User

im already voting with my wallet because i dont spend a dime on the game,and about loggin in im just doing it for this event, clearly their metrics can tell them that my characters logs in for about 2 minutes,i do flying high then logout.
    That's a non-vote though and thus ignored...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    ill keep on posting WHATEVER I WANT AND WHENEVER I WANT and there isnt a damn thing you can do about it.

7a2add73451638e1c8eb8a617f7a58228bfaa041017bf0c13b50871c27f54f92.jpg
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    I forget what I picked, but I'm going to go with it just because.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    Mission content. Always, always mission content.

I've little interest in playing the same mission over and over ad infiniteum. Little interest in esport-style system mastery, either in Elite queues or PvP. I just want to play new missions, or old ones from new perspectives.

Another episode arc, and remasters of the low-level KDF stuff and the original featured arc.

Also, I have no idea where the OP got that ground combat's never been overhauled. Do they not remember the days of no shooter mode and crit-fishing against any group of mobs with a healer? Ground combat had a HUGE overhaul, which brought it from its original nigh-unplayable form to its current fun-but-could-be-better version.
  • nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    I'd heard it mentioned. Glad it's happening... loved those missions on release but they're getting long in the tooth.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    Duty officer system overhaul
    Wow. I'm still the only one who voted for it. Oh well.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,662 Arc User
    i'd like to see some loose ends tied up. the Hurc for example. expand the Romulans some with that thing that kept them occupied back in TNG season 1 some background into the founding members of the federation.. a Gorn revolt, whatever happened t the First Federation? some stand alones, going back to the gangster planet or the planet of Mudd's antroids
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    Duty officer system overhaul
    I suppose a duty officer system revamp would probably be better suited for a mid-season update, since that's usually when they update systems in the game.

As for content, I'll go with a Gamma Quadrant map and storyline involving the founders/dominion (and revamped DS9 interior :) ).
  • wylonuswylonus Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    i vote for all new "explorable" expanses, love it but devs pull them out.
  • delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    Good god what is this community's obsession with additional factions when the developers have demonstrated over and over again they can't even be bothered to support the existing factions, aside from Feds, as it is.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    deleroux wrote: »
    Good god what is this community's obsession with additional factions when the developers have demonstrated over and over again they can't even be bothered to support the existing factions, aside from Feds, as it is.

the same thing as your obsession with pvpeen when the developers have demonstrated over and over again they can't/won't/don't want to be bothered to support the existing pvpeen?
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User

Because some of us are happy (or at least satisfied) with how they've handled the KDF and Romulans. You apparently have higher standards, which isn't a bad thing.

But some of us have lower standards and lowered expectations for STO.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    iconians wrote: »

Because some of us are happy (or at least satisfied) with how they've handled the KDF and Romulans. You apparently have higher standards, which isn't a bad thing.​​

Alternatively, the people who are particularly happy with how they've handled KDF and Roms are those who don't regularly play KDF or Romulans in any meaningful way.