test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What do you want for future seasons?

bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
Tell us here. What do you want? and why?

Ground combat overhaul: It's very outdated, I don't recall it ever getting an update. There are several ways it could get an update. First, bridge officers need a second weapon slot and a ground kit slot and second, allow us to swap control between bridge officers and our captain with a single key. Many ground weapons need a model overhaul and a better defined role.

Duty officer system overhaul: I think this one will get an overhaul pretty soon to make it a bit more like the admiralty system.

Gamma expansion: New quadrant, new faction, new storyline.

PvP: Oldest and most outdated feature, never updated and currently death and buried. Be honest, how many of you didn't know this game has PvP? Balance sound like a nightmare right? How do you balance the myriad of ships, gear, weapons, etc? Easy, standardized stats and loadouts based on ship role and exclusive PvP gear.

Old queues: There are several very old queues that never get played, some even require 20 players and some are just plain boring shoot-'em-up.

Housing, bases, ship interiors: A modified foundry like system could be implemented to allow players to build their own bases, homes and ship interiors. It could be the new dillithium sink this game desperately needs.

Exploration: This was supposed to be an STO trademark that never came around and was eventually removed for overhauling. That happened years ago.

Mirror universe: New zone and storyline.

Foundry: It needs an overhaul and it needs way more visibility and game integration. Many players don't even know it exists and it can provide a lot of hours of gameplay with great storylines, campaigns and incredible missions which sometimes are even batter than the default ones.

What do you want for future seasons? 122 votes

Ground combat and weapon overhaul
6%
commanderkassyseriousdavecyconianlordevilmark444xayssmisterlozcaptkelly31#5645agar#9533 8 votes
Duty officer system overhaul
1%
monkeybone13indyshark 2 votes
Gamma quadrant expansion and Cardassian/Dominion faction
26%
ikonn#1068crzymn45allyoftheforcerazartrek1kurumimorishitamustrumridcully0kitsunesnoutvegeta50024eldarion79nyx219iconiansscarlingforsaken10markhawkmanconkav22salazarrazetmassxkekvinconradhauserraigge 32 votes
PvP system, full rework and resurection
7%
glassguitarr5e4w3q2dragnridrkyle223catbaudljtoney3448ichaerus1jazonshay1983deleroux 9 votes
Old PvE queue overheaul
1%
forcemajeurealpharaider47#7707 2 votes
Player housing, base building, ship interior designing/building
15%
nightkencomrademocomeimeitoodlmc85azrael605arliekkosismellfear2stellafeliusstohansonadmiralmikey0starmanjtirominosbioixiwarpangelaurigas7johnnymo1zeryon01shrimphead2015cmbaily2#3753 19 votes
Procedually generated exploration
14%
superherofan52amosov78sophlogimolordsteve1sheldonlcooperwylonuspwstolemynametunebreakerlillihennydraigongradiicapnmanxkellvardosieldvirblx101101010jackus4aquarius24thekodanarmada#7342 18 votes
Mirror universe expansion
4%
garaks31dmtcrashdragonjovi666mas134gluck123 5 votes
Foundry overhaul
3%
duncanidaho11nynikcrypticarmsmanthay8472 4 votes
Other- Specify with a comment
18%
berginscidjacknadiezjakodachikunosinn74angrytargsnoggymack22sennahcheribalcyonesereneazmodeasannemarie30jexsamxkavasetrennanasuran14scrooge69ardenwolfefreightstopperaphelionmaraudershurkhemolight 23 votes
Post edited by bioixi on

Comments

• vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    Gamma quadrant expansion and Cardassian/Dominion faction
    The Gamma Quadrant is the last of the Quadrants we cannot visit yet in the game beyond one mission, plus the Cardassians are the last of the four large (or rather, were large til the end of the Dominion war) to have yet to be added to the game as a faction.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    This needs to be a checkbox poll in the worst way. Several good suggestions here.
    DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
  • captkelly31#5645 captkelly31 Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    I voted ground, because i think g-weapons could be improved on in titles and appearance, like saying the disruptor high density is a mk.8 Gorn disruptor, or some new skins could be made(please revamp non-RR plasma guns)to show that some are from the Delta Quadrant species being offered to the anti-Vaadwaur alliance.

In the event ground vehicles will be made, given the "Kelvin timeline" ships now, they should be based on something 80's, like GIJoe or Starcom vehicles.
  • bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    One thing I forgot. Research and development and item upgrading overhaul.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    more stuf for the roms and kdf, + exploration. but no new faction.
  • mas134gluck123mas134gluck123 Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    Mirror universe expansion
    For Mirror universe expansion or NX/post NX era
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    severall really good options but

^this
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    oh and more kdf and rom stuff.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User

This.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Imho, ground combat is practically unplayable it's so horribly designed. By unplayable I don't mean it's literally broken, what I mean is I'd rather download an Atari emulator and play E.T. the Extraterrestrial than play ground combat for an extended period of time.
    Post edited by evilmark444 on
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Imho, ground combat is practically unplayable it's so horribly designed.

You're either kidding or have yet to figure out how ground combat works, I don't know what to tell you.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    gradii wrote: »

You're either kidding or have yet to figure out how ground combat works, I don't know what to tell you.
    I would agree with him actually, ground combat is terrible, though its not nearly unplayable as he mentions.

indeed, it is playable but bugged. you can't use the kit powers without your weapon removed from your hands. For some tactics, this is totally annoying
  • sarreoussarreous Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Ground combat has had auto fire since the beginning. Right click the fire icon on your tray. (Edit: Wait, no, they changed it for some reason. To get auto fire on the ground go to options > controls > scroll to the bottom)

I want to see changes to the patrol missions, especially to the way they're presented. I expect that many players don't know that those even exist. Patrol missions could become an integral part of the experience in the way that battle zones are if the proper attention was given to them.

Foundry missions. Replace "Patrol" with "Foundry" in the previous paragraph.

I want to see pvp zones (or even just a checkbox option) that work to equalize everyone's stats so that skill determines who wins, as opposed to victory going to whoever has dumped the most dilithium/zen/points into making themselves godlike on the battlefield.

gradii wrote: »

I'm not kidding, I know how to do it and how it works, been playing since beta. Ground is just, IMHO, the most horribly designed combat system in any game I've ever played. It doesn't know if it wants to be a third-person shooter or an actual MMO, and most kit abilities are just plain boring. I'd actually enjoy it if they either went full blown shooter, or full blown MMO, but as it is there is nothing I HATE more in this game than ground combat. From top to bottom there is nothing engaging, entertaining, or enjoyable about it in the least.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, space combat is, imho, a work of pure genius, I just wish I could turn off some of the visual effects. Space combat is literally the only reason I didn't quit back on day one, and it still is the only reason I play.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    sarreous wrote: »
    Ground combat has had auto fire since the beginning. Right click the fire icon on your tray. (Edit: Wait, no, they changed it for some reason. To get auto fire on the ground go to options > controls > scroll to the bottom)

You are telling me I've been playing for 4 years spamming the attack key and there was an option to autofire? I feel like that blind guy from the Simpsons that played an umbrella for years thinking it was a saxophone.
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Ground is easily the best combat in the game. Space is... Space bar, and that's about it.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • forcemajeureforcemajeure Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    Old PvE queue overheaul
    I don't get the whole 'ground combat is broken' thing either.
    -I have 4 pets, more customizable and useful than almost any other game pet system.
    -I can control those pets, their placement, use of powers, etc. individually when/where appropriate.
    -I have 2 weapons I can easily switch between, with considerable variety in primary and secondary effects.
    -I have a few abilities that I can easily select from, switch around, change up mission by mission. I almost never have to put a 'useless' power in my tray.
    -I can run move dodge duck roll crouch aim at will, all the while keeping my weapon on target and firing.

I suppose the people complaining about combat are either FPshooter players (which I don't do) or maybe PVPers or something. I also play in normal mode not the 'shooter' mode, but that is the same as in any other MMO I play so no downside there.

Anyways, all those things in the poll are 'kinda nice to have', but essentially all I need them to do is 'more of what you have been doing'. Games been good for me (3 years playing, 9 captains, all factions, too many ships to count).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    exploration system
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    Duty officer system overhaul
    Doff assignments in sector space have been broken and messed up since the sector space revamp.

But I guess I'm the only one that still cares about it.

Well, not anymore. I don't really care what they do anymore.
  • capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Never really forgiven Cryptic for removing the exploration clusters; I've only been an occasional player since then. I doubt I'll ever seriously get back in to STO unless we get some sort of exploration system put back in (I wouldn't insist on procedural generation though; but it would be nice).
    [
    capnmanx wrote: »
    Never really forgiven Cryptic for removing the exploration clusters; I've only been an occasional player since then. I doubt I'll ever seriously get back in to STO unless we get some sort of exploration system put back in (I wouldn't insist on procedural generation though; but it would be nice).

... you actually liked the exploration clusters? I don't mean to be rude or anything, but playing the same 5 or so missions over and over with different NPCs was just boring, and you could tell which mission you got within a second or two of warping in.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Player housing for me. Barbie in Space, ftw! :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • captkelly31#5645 captkelly31 Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    For the player housing/ship interiors, i think that other than having bottle episodes, interiors could be tweaked so the viewscreen background or some props in rooms like the commissary, sickbay or TOS shuttlebay are randomized each time you zone in.
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I would personally like some more styles of play revamped, and improved, such as hanger-pets an even ground melee weapon fighting. For carrier/hanger-pet revamp I would love to see them rework the system to give the player the option to both take on more control of their pet's thru a micro-management system like the bof ground system of controls to an extent. While for melee combat it would be nice to see some mew weapons an even kit/boff powers that can be used with the melee weapons too.

I agree with people that the amount of content we have in the ques , combined with how some give out too small of a reward for the amount of time invested to do them is a bit worrying. I would like to see more of a stream-lined approach that the reward is based on length of the mission, via the player-base an devs determining a good middle ground for investment of time to reward. While also to chop down on the sheer amount of un-qued/dead ques maybe make a weekly or bi-weekly rotation of que-line ups to have players actually play thru more of the created content via curbing the sheer volume of available ques to more of a reasonable amount.

Though also seeing some content releases that might expand the sector map of some of the quads, like the idea of getting some c-store ab nid-season releases that add several sectors full of missions (patrols, exploration, and even maybe some story missions build by players specifically for this.). I mean this would give us a feeling of exploration as we see the sector map expand an find new systems an raes even that are exclusive to sto. This would also be nice to give the devs more time to develope an finish content via putting out some fo this for players to chew thru for a short while. Another thing is that by putting some of these into something like a large scale exploration pack in the c-store it could monetize the idea of developing these types of mission packs an so make it more profitable too.

Would not mind seeing them bring back the original state of the stfs in that you did the ground and space missions back to back. With some things put in to make doing them in this manner more enticing like higher payouts of rewards like triple or even quadruple payout compared to normal, as well as exclusive rewards you have a chance of getting by completing them in this form.

A revamp to how some weapons, and systems work would be nice in space. Like how shield's torpedo/kinetic damage reduction works would be nice, alongside things like the importance an boasts gained via higher levels of power in the other non-weapon power systems. Things like making the having the 75% reduction to the torpedo-damage via shields being up might be determined by how much of the target's remaining shield facing hp is left, as well as that the amount of torpedo-damage reduction lost might be influenced by how high/low that ship's shield power level is set at. Say that I mean a ship with it's shield power level set at 125 should lose less torpedo-damage reduction compared to a ship that has it's shield power level set to 25 as their shield's are damaged, but also the integrity/hp of the shield should give a dynamic amount of protection against torpedo damage based on how much of it's hp or integrity is left.

I would also like to see them make a KDF, as well as a Romulan AOY perspective line of missions later in the year/production that might show what was happening (during these times from their own side. This would give these players more reasons to to invest in the game, but also diversify the population into the other non-fed factions an see more of the content the devs have put time into, and also getting more variety in the game too.
  • comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    The fact that we know that exploration is in the works, cardassians are coming in the future, the Doff system was just overhauled, the pve queue may be overhauled after AoY, makes me want to and actually do vote for Player housing and fleet advancement system overhaul for future seasons/expansions.

Fleets need more love and captains need their Captains quarters.
    6tviTDx.png

• asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    It is weird but i wish the devs would send out polls and such to the player-base asking for input on what we would like to see in the future, alongside more back an forth with us on ideas they have. It is nice to see them working with the players in the test server, but it would be nice to see them look into more what players on the public server an forums are seeking too.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Other.

Bug fixes.

New KDF Only Ships

New Rom only Ships

KDF centric Storyline

Rom Centric Storyline

Anything that doesn't give anything to the Federation except a of taste of having to play through a storyline based on a different faction, and the lack of new ships to go with it to match what the other factions have been dealing with for years.

But this will never happen, because Gekko is still crying over the fact that the KDF destroyed his precious Excelsior the day after it was released.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    [

... you actually liked the exploration clusters? I don't mean to be rude or anything, but playing the same 5 or so missions over and over with different NPCs was just boring, and you could tell which mission you got within a second or two of warping in.

That's what I say about the PvE queues; at least there was a lot of different maps in the clusters, even if there was only a handfull of actual mission types between them.

I know the clusters weren't the game's most popular feature, but I'm an optimist see? I spent years hoping Cryptic would someday improve the clusters (and writing all sorts of proposals about it); then, one day, they decide that they are just going to remove them completely and not actually replace them with anything. Kind of a kick in the teeth. The claim that they weren't up to the game's current standards was indisputable, and absolutely no comfort. If the clusters had been left to rot since launch after all, it was nobody's fault but their own.
  • freightstopperfreightstopper Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited July 2016

More romulan ships, romulan areas (open up that city they've been building for years now) more options for romulan / reman characters in missions.

More KDF ships, orion, gorn, nausicaan dreadnoughts for starters. The KDF needs a science carrier that is better then the jupiter and they need an engineering / command version (upgraded versions of both the vo'quv and mirror vo'quv). Intel and Command versions of the Kor Bird-of-prey.
    Put the R&D system vendors at the forge in first city or better yet make the forge a new map on qonos.

Stop giving the federation carriers, flight-deck cruisers, battlecruisers and any more CLOAKS.
    The defiant can keep it's 3pc set battle-cloak. The intel ships are fine as 'one offs', same with the command battlecruisers and their hangerbay.
    sarreous wrote: »
    I want to see changes to the patrol missions, especially to the way they're presented. I expect that many players don't know that those even exist. Patrol missions could become an integral part of the experience in the way that battle zones are if the proper attention was given to them.

Foundry missions. Replace "Patrol" with "Foundry" in the previous paragraph.

I want to see pvp zones (or even just a checkbox option) that work to equalize everyone's stats so that skill determines who wins, as opposed to victory going to whoever has dumped the most dilithium/zen/points into making themselves godlike on the battlefield.

Foundry using players, both those who make missions and those who only play them, have been begging for a foundry Ui update for years. It is much needed and would make it easier to level a character up.
    trennan wrote: »
    Other.

Bug fixes.

New KDF Only Ships

New Rom only Ships

KDF centric Storyline

Rom Centric Storyline

Anything that doesn't give anything to the Federation except a of taste of having to play through a storyline based on a different faction, and the lack of new ships to go with it to match what the other factions have been dealing with for years.

But this will never happen, because Gekko is still crying over the fact that the KDF destroyed his precious Excelsior the day after it was released.

It would be nice to not be treated like a federation idiot or a battle-junkie because they wrote the mission for feds and then remembered they actually put in two other factions.
    [

That's what I say about the PvE queues; at least there was a lot of different maps in the clusters, even if there was only a handfull of actual mission types between them.

I know the clusters weren't the game's most popular feature, but I'm an optimist see? I spent years hoping Cryptic would someday improve the clusters (and writing all sorts of proposals about it); then, one day, they decide that they are just going to remove them completely and not actually replace them with anything. Kind of a kick in the teeth. The claim that they weren't up to the game's current standards was indisputable, and absolutely no comfort. If the clusters had been left to rot since launch after all, it was nobody's fault but their own.

I leveled my andorian engineer all the way up to 40+ just using the exploration clusters, once they removed them I just finished off her reputations and until the sunrise episode she hadn't undocked for months and since I got her the three bits I wanted she is back on DS9 doing nothing, I haven't even redone her skills since the revamp either.

The exploration clusters worked for what people used them for, an alternative to the story missions for leveling. Were they great missions, no, there are foundry ones far better.

Main reason I played them is because I wouldn't know what I needed to do until I spawned in.
    Even had a chain of missions for one afternoon (about 3+hrs) where I did NOT shoot anything, because I was talking to aliens, scanning tech, plant life, ruins etc.
    I thought it was amazing, that afternoon got me hooked on playing this game.
  • warpnugget#0537 warpnugget Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    i posted my vote as "other".

i hope this game dies soon so the IP can be picked up by another company who does want to create a proper mmo,this is basically a pewpew fest while lacking the two main traits that make star trek great: exploration and diplomacy.

this game should have been a sandbox mmo not a lame garden variety themepark mmo where players have been tricked into thinking a new shiny ship is content,ships are glorified mounts!!!