test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What do you want for future seasons?

124»

Comments

• jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    Gamma quadrant expansion and Cardassian/Dominion faction
    Gamma quad expansion idc if they give us cardis anymore , but would like maybe a 2nd dominion war? the stage is set for it, we released the females founder who doesnt like the people in the alpha and beta quads, she seen a old dominion fleet bring the feds to their knees and take ds9.

and ontop of that they sent an expiditionary force with old dominion vessels to aid against the iconians, i would think this in itself would embolden the dominion to launch a second war, thinking the time is right for invasion.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    They should totally bring back Rene Auberjonois as Supreme Leader Odo, who congratulates you as you level up. I'd love to see just how much the Dominion has changed since his return to the Great Link, and the consequences of the female changeling's return.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Other- Specify with a comment
    angrytarg wrote: »
    They dropped it because there was an absolutely massive backlash on the forums because Cryptic dared to add anything new to Star Trek lore.

People made it clear, they don't want to see 100% new things, they want to see things from the TV shows that they have a connection and investment in.

A shame, really. While I appreciate the odd reference, easter egg or nod here and there I'd welcome to play an original, unqiue story and not just walk in the footsteps of the show's characters all the time.​​

I agree I like seeing events and even hallmarks to things that happened in the history of star trek, but I also want to see new things too that have not been seen in the series yet. Even seeing some of the less star treky story lines as some like to call them makes the setting an game feel more alive an interesting, and kinda like the series as you have a feeling of things changing an discovering things. Though i will say it is funny that such a backlash lead to even more backlash of people complaining about how they handled the Iconian an temporal story lines. I hope we see some more sto dev created sto exclusive content like the Deferi.

I personally came into sto to explore an see things in the star trek universe that the shows had not yet mentioned. explored, or just barely touched on. To see explore brand new areas an places that might hold alot of interesting things that could be more of the legacy of sto on the star trek lore.
  • scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    Other- Specify with a comment
    faction: disconnected borg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gamma quad expansion idc if they give us cardis anymore , but would like maybe a 2nd dominion war? the stage is set for it, we released the females founder who doesnt like the people in the alpha and beta quads, she seen a old dominion fleet bring the feds to their knees and take ds9.

and ontop of that they sent an expiditionary force with old dominion vessels to aid against the iconians, i would think this in itself would embolden the dominion to launch a second war, thinking the time is right for invasion.
    I don't think The Dominion would try to invade us, they know we could just unleash another virus on them or something.

Both parties seem content to just stay in their respective spaces.

If a war does start, it will likely be due to a third party maybe the Hur'q) antagonizing both sides, cvausing a brief conflict only for both parties to realize they have been dupped.

Psst theres also T'Ket still out there? maybe she is the one pushing the dominion to war , giving them iconian technology and at the end of the 2nd dominion war arc, we finally settle it with t'ket .
    Psst theres also T'Ket still out there? maybe she is the one pushing the dominion to war , giving them iconian technology and at the end of the 2nd dominion war arc, we finally settle it with t'ket .
    T'Ket is out there yeah.

We know the Iconians had servitor races in the Gamma quadrant hiding the gateways from The Dominion. The Hur'q could be that servitor race, working with T'ket as part of some plan to try to finish her attempt at killing all life in the galaxy.

Really the Hur'q are the only Gamma Quadrant race besides the Dominion that could really be a badguy. all the other known GQ races are basically subservient to the Dominion, if not officially part of it.

I would think only the dominon would have the resources to pull it off, and if you factor in lets say t'ket giving the dominon iconian gateway tech, they would not even need the wormhole.

the hur'q would be a stretch because something would have had to happen t the dominion, that would make us go to their aid and put us in direct conflict with them, it would be also likley the hur'q and dominion ally together and see the alpha/beta quads as a new place to expand.

My money would be t'ket pushing the dominion to war, feeding them iconian tech and embldening them to fight, in the end we confront t'ket and settle the score once and for all.

This would not only bring the dominion and federation/alliance closer but would tie up the last loose end of the iconian war.
  • nyx219nyx219 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    I'd love a Gamma Quadrant expansion, but I also agree with the ground combat needing an overhaul. It's pretty mechanical & dull, to be blunt. Very predictable in every sense of it. What needs done at bare minimum is studying how other games do ground combat, and applying some of that to enemies to be far more varied in their spawning & actions. I'd be pretty happy with just that fixed up.
  • bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    Player housing, base building, ship interior designing/building
    Quite a lot of votes and very defined opinions. I was expecting more diversity. It appears people definitely want the Gamma Quadrant, player housing and exploration, as well as more faction specific content for Romulans and Klingons.
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,263 Arc User
    Gamma quadrant expansion is needed...most of us are asking for it.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif