test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"FYI, "Kelvin Timeline" is the official name for that universe timeline according to CBS."

13»

Comments

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    it's ALREADY a non-canon product because it's a video game - nothing coming out in the future is going to maker it any more non-canon​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    dmtdmt Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    it's ALREADY a non-canon product because it's a video game - nothing coming out in the future is going to maker it any more non-canon​​

That's true and I didn't mean to suggest STO is canon.

As you have said though currently it is a non-canon product appearing to continue the canon Prime Universe. That is what will change.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    that's only if the show actually takes place in the prime universe - as well as taking place after 2379, which is when the last bit of CBS-backed continuity (nemesis) took place​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    I'm not sure what you think doesn't make sense about what I said... I agree, InVerse, no, they'd have no reason to refer to it as the JJVerse, but I would have thought that Alternate Reality (which still distinguishes from the specific Mirror Universe) would make the most sense. NeroVerse, I feel is more appropriate, as it was Nero's actions which caused the changes following the destruction of the Kelvin, but even from an InVerse perspective, while Starfleet analysts may isolate the Kelvin Incident as the point of divergence, I doubt they would adopt that name over 'Alternate Reality' (and as mentioned, there were things different in that reality which the destruction of the Kelvin would have had no impact on, but which were still different anyway, so Alternate Reality still makes the most sense... I'm not sure why you've mentioned Enterprise, because that occured before Nero's incursion, so utterly unaffected by that, and any other weirdness in that show, someone (I forget who) said can just be attributed to the Temporal Cold War ;)

I think it actually would make sense in-universe to call it the Kelvin Timeline. The reason is that there are many known quantum realities, and calling one of them "the alternate reality" would not actually indicate which specific alternate reality is being referenced. The Mirror Universe is called that because the roles of the players in that reality's galactic politics are roughly inverted. It would make sense to call this one the Kelvin Timeline, because the attack on the USS Kelvin was the point of divergence between the two universes' timelines.
    Yes, that's true, Alternate Reality isn't really specific as to which it refers, but I would have thought Nero's influence would have been the determining factor surrounding the Kelvin Incident ;)
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User

Al Rivera: "Prime universe is Celsius. Mirror universe is fahrenheit."

I think I need to move to a different universe. I'm tired of Cryptic's metric system. Get it? Metrics?

I'll see myself out.
  • Options
    thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User

I think I need to move to a different universe. I'm tired of Cryptic's metric system. Get it? Metrics?

I'll see myself out.

I appreciated this joke.

DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Kelvin timeline makes sense since that's where it started.

But CBS could tell Cryptic to call it the 'Romulans-messed-everything-up timeline' and I wouldn't care. I look forward to the JJ Trek stuff. :)
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,370 Arc User

I'll see myself out.

That didn't measure up.
    Giving it a chilly reception, are we?​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png