What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So JJ-verse Trek is coming to STO

Comments

• Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    mhall85 wrote: »
    my thread that got deleted a month or so ago was spot on as much as i hate the idea of jjcrapverse on sto :p.

Don't hurt yourself from patting your own back, 'kay...?

Some of us knew this was coming long before you did.

But, that doesn't matter now.... WELCOME TO THE KELVIN TIMELINE!!!! You can check out any time you'd like, but you can never leave... :lol:

your terrible at mixing insults into comments. you should stick to the comments :).

good thing there is tribble, if it gets trapped no one will hear that toon scream!
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    Yay!
    Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light
    My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
    I had to stop for the night

Clearly about lensflares.

You win one internet for today. :smiley:
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    my thread that got deleted a month or so ago was spot on as much as i hate the idea of jjcrapverse on sto :p.

But, that doesn't matter now.... WELCOME TO THE KELVIN TIMELINE!!!! You can check out any time you'd like, but you can never leave... :lol:

There she stood in the doorway;
    I heard the mission bell
    And I was thinking to myself,
    "This could be Heaven or this could be Hell"

im thinking this lens flare thing is hell?
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    Don't care.

There she stood in the doorway;
    I heard the mission bell
    And I was thinking to myself,
    "This could be Heaven or this could be Hell"

im thinking this lens flare thing is hell?

He said, "We haven't had that spirit here since nineteen sixty nine"
    The series was produced from September 1966–December 1967 by Norway Productions and Desilu Productions, and by Paramount Television from January 1968–June 1969.

Whole thing was about Star Trek.
    DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Yay!
    phyloe wrote: »
    Interesting, people are upset that the developers are adding elements from Star Trek to a Star Trek game. There are things that I like and things that I dislike about the Kelvin Timeline. Then again, there are things I dislike about the Prime Universe. I'll take it all in stride and keep in mind that more content in a game is probably a good thing.

the first two films were full of plotholes and silliness. if jjcrapverse is coming to sto, it better be top notch, otherwise i wont even touch it.

oh and STO isnt full of the same thing?
    And the TV shows too! :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    I hope we get some epic lens flares!
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    jovianusjovianus Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Yeah yeah, JJVerse garbage, but now that Cryptic has abandoned any pretense of Star Trek integrity, when can I get my TIE Fighters and Battlestars from the C-Store?
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    jovianus wrote: »
    Yeah yeah, JJVerse garbage, but now that Cryptic has abandoned any pretense of Star Trek integrity, when can I get my TIE Fighters and Battlestars from the C-Store?

Rather have Vorlon, Shadow, Earth Alliance, Narn, and Minbari ships. We already have Walter Koenig coming to STO to voice Chekov. Might as well have him do Bester as well.
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Yay!

Gotta ask, in all seriousness, Star Trek films and Star Trek shows have material that is being used in a Star Trek video game. How do you make the leap from that, to asking for Lucasfilm items? Please define this integrity that was abandoned?

Keep in mind Disney Infinity lets you use Mickey Mouse, Iron Man and Anakin Skywalker. So like that already exists for Disney properties.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Yay!

Gotta ask, in all seriousness, Star Trek films and Star Trek shows have material that is being used in a Star Trek video game. How do you make the leap from that, to asking for Lucasfilm items? Please define this integrity that was abandoned?

Keep in mind Disney Infinity lets you use Mickey Mouse, Iron Man and Anakin Skywalker. So like that already exists for Disney properties.

When someone like Jovianus confuses their personal opinion for an absolute fact, logic of any kind ceases to be a factor.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Don't care.
    starkaos wrote: »

Rather have Vorlon, Shadow, Earth Alliance, Narn, and Minbari ships. We already have Walter Koenig coming to STO to voice Chekov. Might as well have him do Bester as well.

HELL YES! I've wanted a B5 MMO or even single player game since the show was on the air!
  • Options
    orphalesionorphalesion Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Boo!
    Personally I didn't like the new movies. Not a fan of the TOS characters (except Spock) not a fan of the aesthetic (especially the uniforms) not a fan of the over-emphasis on action.

However that does not mean that I 'm trying to forbid people who are looking forward to that addition to be excited or have fun.
    More power to ya and I hope you'll all enjoy the new content. :)

It's just not something I'm personally interested in so of course I'm not excited for it. I could also do without the Agents of Yesteryear (orwathever its called) expansion. Still gonna check it out when it comes just to see what the storyline is like :-)
    Fleeing Tal Shiar opression, Proconsul D'Tan leads a ragtag flotilla on a lonely quest...a shining planet known as Mol'Rihan.
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    Yay!

Given a choice between your esteem for their "Star Trek integrity" and my $200 for keys to have a go a the next lockbox, I'm guessing they'd rather have this fan's money.
  • Options
    Yay!
    There's an extensive list of characters who were in both shows. :)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User

HELL YES! I've wanted a B5 MMO or even single player game since the show was on the air!

There was a B5 single player game being made by Sierra Studios in 1998, but due to company restructuring, the game was cancelled only months before release. There is a youtube video showing gameplay footage of the playable alpha and its description has a link to download the playable alpha. So expect lots of bugs and unfinished features.

However, Bester is the best character out of all those characters.
  • Options
    antiquesroadshowantiquesroadshow Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    Yay!
    OK, so first, I want to but the JJtrek Enterprise! Then I want to buy those Phaser guns they used in the movie! Then, I want to buy the new uniforms!..Man, I am so happy were getting an update to 90's Star Trek!
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Boo!
    OK, so first, I want to but the JJtrek Enterprise! Then I want to buy those Phaser guns they used in the movie! Then, I want to buy the new uniforms!..Man, I am so happy were getting an update to 90's Star Trek!

90's Trek was TNG/DS9/VOY. JJ-Trek started in 2009
  • Options
    antiquesroadshowantiquesroadshow Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    Yay!
    JJtrek got me back into Star Trek again. I was never a super hardcore fan as it had too many "life story" shows. And that gets boring after a while. I didn't watch Trek to see a space version of the 6 o'clock news. But another big reason is it's a huge update for modern times which Trek surly needed. The old tv show ships and weapons look like TRIBBLE compared to the new movie versions. Remember folks. Trek was DYING before JJ made it news again.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited June 2016
    Don't care.

There was a B5 single player game being made by Sierra Studios in 1998, but due to company restructuring, the game was cancelled only months before release. There is a youtube video showing gameplay footage of the playable alpha and its description has a link to download the playable alpha. So expect lots of bugs and unfinished features.

oh you just HAD to do dredging up THAT painful memory... I was so pissed at Sierra for that
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Don't care.
    JJtrek got me back into Star Trek again. I was never a super hardcore fan as it had too many "life story" shows. And that gets boring after a while. I didn't watch Trek to see a space version of the 6 o'clock news. But another big reason is it's a huge update for modern times which Trek surly needed. The old tv show ships and weapons look like **** compared to the new movie versions. Remember folks. Trek was DYING before JJ made it news again.

Yes, juvenile humour, machine guns and apple visuals is exactly what Trek needed to become "great again" pig-19.gif

Trek was dying, but it was CBS'/Paramount's own fault. Beginning with VOY they exlcusively produced very mediocre content, for the shows Braga was given the job again and again for some reason and the movies didn't fare any better up until the point they picked a fanfic as script for "Nemesis" and got a director with no knowledge or interest in StarTrek who didn't even know the character's names and said things like "It doesn't matter" when Will Wheaton asked why his character, who canonically had no business sitting in Nemesis at a Starfleet conference, was suddenly back again.

Abrams "revived" Star Trek by rehashing old scripts and imitating the visuals very loosely and using everything else that the moviegoer expects today, that is true. But Star Trek is not a movie franchise cashing in on big effects alone. I can only hope the new show, whatever visuals it may use, doesn't become another ENT fiasko with half hearted scripts and someone at the helm with no clue where they want to go.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Yay!

Nitpick: Actors, not characters. ;)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    daveyny wrote: »
    Not possible..., they will all be pointing at you...
    maxresdefault.jpg

<snicker>

It's no good, I just see four lights.................FOUR LIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!

nbsgYXT.jpg

• Options
    drazursouthclawdrazursouthclaw Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    IN SPACE, NOONE CAN HEAR YOU JUMP THE SHARK.
  • Options
    Yay!
    There was a B5 single player game being made by Sierra Studios in 1998, but due to company restructuring, the game was cancelled only months before release. There is a https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6wBsvdQOu8 showing gameplay footage of the playable alpha and its description has a link to download the playable alpha. So expect lots of bugs and unfinished features.
    oh you just HAD to do dredging up THAT painful memory... I was so pissed at Sierra for that
    Or the Stargate online game where the developer went bankrupt before the game was finished.... http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Stargate_Worlds
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    Yay!
    There was a B5 single player game being made by Sierra Studios in 1998, but due to company restructuring, the game was cancelled only months before release. There is a https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6wBsvdQOu8 showing gameplay footage of the playable alpha and its description has a link to download the playable alpha. So expect lots of bugs and unfinished features.
    Or the Stargate online game where the developer went bankrupt before the game was finished.... http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Stargate_Worlds
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    Yay!
    the icon of the special item you can grab from the mission has little lens flare on it
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler