test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Popular Support for Checkbox Polling Poll

thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
Sometimes a polling question comes along that has no clear single answer. And for that reason, this is a poll to gauge interest in implementation of forum checkbox polling, where an individual can select multiple answers to the same poll.
DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]

Popular Support for Checkbox Polling Poll 25 votes

Yes, I want checkbox polls!
32%
captainoblivouskyle223catconkav22sistericioneonfatherrockorondisjtoon74 8 votes
Yes, but only if we can still keep exclusive option polling too,
8%
scrooge69gemnstarr 2 votes
Yes, but only if I can switch my vote at a future time on the same poll,
0%
Yes, but also improve statistics around polling such as # of total readers, # of total voters,
12%
gregoryt#9489patrickngothekodanarmada#7342 3 votes
Yes, but I have an unspecific grievance with this idea that I will elaborate on in excrutiating depth in the comments,
8%
dracounguisiconians 2 votes
Yes, but each poll should include a write-in poll answer that can then be picked as an option by anyone,
0%
Yes, as above but write-in polls should be their own kind of polling option when posted,
0%
Yes, but only if polls include the capacity for more than 10 questions.
0%
Yes, as above but each additional checkbox poll option beyond two should cost dilithium,
0%
Yes, as above but each and every poll should have a flat cost of dilithium to even post.
40%
jarvisandalfredcidjackdlmc85kodachikunotigrovaya13akulaspacehermitcatsmeatgradiisalazarrazedavefenestrator 10 votes

Comments

• evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Umm ... how do I vote no?
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    Yes, but also improve statistics around polling such as # of total readers, # of total voters,
    Umm ... how do I vote no?

How indeed.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Is there one for: I like the way they are now?
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Is there one for: I like the way they are now?

There is an 11th option.
    Should've included an option to pin a poll for 24 hours for an escalating fee of dilithium. Also not unintentionally replaced '10 answers' with '10 questions.'
  • puckerbrushpuckerbrush Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    Yes
    M6SiKbG.gif
    Please spay and neuter your Caitians
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Yes, as above but each and every poll should have a flat cost of dilithium to even post.
    Long live the rules of acquisition! :trollface:

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,645 Arc User
    Each poll should come with a second 1-10 scale below it where we can rate the quality of the poll.

The original poster is charged 10,000 * (10- average quality rating) dil for posting. Great poll = free, the poll in the thread below = 90,000 dil :)

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1216687/high-zen-exchange-rate-vs-dil-sink-and-more-power-creep#latest

Each poll should come with a second 1-10 scale below it where we can rate the quality of the poll.

The original poster is charged 10,000 * (10- average quality rating) dil for posting. Great poll = free, the poll in the thread below = 90,000 dil :)

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1216687/high-zen-exchange-rate-vs-dil-sink-and-more-power-creep#latest

I am for this idea too. Terrible posting should have consequences. :v
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    Yes, but I have an unspecific grievance with this idea that I will elaborate on in excrutiating depth in the comments,
    I think this is a great idea, but I think it fails to address the problem that the STO forums have with deciding between what real pizza is. I know some posters are from the east coast, and they're familiar with New York style pizza as the only real pizza there is. While other posters are from Chicago or elsewhere and prefer their tomato soup in a bread bowl otherwise known as "Deep Dish" or "Chicago-style" pizza.

What PWE has failed to do is reach any sort of consensus on what the real type of pizza is, and as a result we've seen endless toxicity and numerous complaints that all stem from this pizza-like elephant in the room. I think if we're going to have checkbox polling, it needs to be done smart, and it needs to be done right. This means that we can't really rush into any solutions and we have to allocate labor resources wisely. This kind of well-planned move can only be done when all parties from the STO forums have made their definitive rules over what classifies as "real" pizza.

As we all know, both types of pizza are immeasurably different from each other, and we can't really say they're both pizza. As usual, my opinion is the only correct one and I really think it's important I spend a lot of time writing a wall of text that nobody really cares about but me.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Where's MC..., it's time for one of his daily "Put It In 10-Forward" posts.
    <chuckle>
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    iconians wrote: »
    I think this is a great idea, but I think it fails to address the problem that the STO forums have with deciding between what real pizza is. I know some posters are from the east coast, and they're familiar with New York style pizza as the only real pizza there is. While other posters are from Chicago or elsewhere and prefer their tomato soup in a bread bowl otherwise known as "Deep Dish" or "Chicago-style" pizza.

What PWE has failed to do is reach any sort of consensus on what the real type of pizza is, and as a result we've seen endless toxicity and numerous complaints that all stem from this pizza-like elephant in the room. I think if we're going to have checkbox polling, it needs to be done smart, and it needs to be done right. This means that we can't really rush into any solutions and we have to allocate labor resources wisely. This kind of well-planned move can only be done when all parties from the STO forums have made their definitive rules over what classifies as "real" pizza.

As we all know, both types of pizza are immeasurably different from each other, and we can't really say they're both pizza. As usual, my opinion is the only correct one and I really think it's important I spend a lot of time writing a wall of text that nobody really cares about but me.​​

I disagree with these two options as to a "real" pizza; we need a minimum of four by my count! In addition to the categories already described, we also need to weigh in on stuffed pizzas (otherwise known as gloriously gargantuan calzones) and thin crust pizzas (that shave off calories while highlighting the flavors of their toppings). Does IDIC support cheese pizza, given that it isn't a combination, and can a "real" vegan pizza actually be a "real" pizza without any cheese!?!

These are serious issues, and require immediate attention before we get sidetracked by lesser problems like which subforum this discussion belongs in.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    any pizza is real pizza...unless it's that newspaper thin TRIBBLE you get in the plastic-wrapped cardboard base containers​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • sfdstuff#3558 sfdstuff Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    nabreeki wrote: »
    daveyny wrote: »
    Where's MC..., it's time for one of his daily "Put It In 10-Forward" posts.
    <chuckle>
    B)

This thread is very relevant to the forums community, and thus the game's community. Please see yourself out if you have nothing to contribute.

Back on topic: Yes all of them

It might be relevant to the "forums", but it has nothing to do with the game specifically, so yes Ten Foward is the place it should be. And please don't tell other people to leave threads just because you may not like what you say, as that is trolling.

Ya got some opinions for someone with a postcount of 16.
    The whole thread is one big Troll, but that doesn't mean we can't have fun with it till the sun comes up.
    B)
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 3,140 Arc User

I disagree with these two options as to a "real" pizza; we need a minimum of four by my count! In addition to the categories already described, we also need to weigh in on stuffed pizzas (otherwise known as gloriously gargantuan calzones) and thin crust pizzas (that shave off calories while highlighting the flavors of their toppings). Does IDIC support cheese pizza, given that it isn't a combination, and can a "real" vegan pizza actually be a "real" pizza without any cheese!?!

These are serious issues, and require immediate attention before we get sidetracked by lesser problems like which subforum this discussion belongs in.

Gluten free West Coast pizza always gets forgotten :'( IDIC should support all pizzas as equals.

This thread is very relevant to the forums community, and thus the game's community.

I agree completely. The introduction of forum checkbox polling could be a defining moment in the communities history.

Many thanks to the OP for a well thought out poll introducing this new type of polling. Hope this gets some dev attention and request that this thread gets stuccoed.

edited June 2016
    protoneous wrote: »

Gluten free West Coast pizza always gets forgotten :'( IDIC should support all pizzas as equals.

This thread is very relevant to the forums community, and thus the game's community.

I agree completely. The introduction of forum checkbox polling could be a defining moment in the communities history.

Many thanks to the OP for a well thought out poll introducing this new type of polling. Hope this gets some dev attention and request that this thread gets stuccoed.

Heh...
    It'll get "stuccoed" all right...
    Right into the proverbial "This Thread is CLOSED" pile.
    (I believe 'stickied' was the word you were looking for)

Less attention is what we should be asking for, not more.
    <chuckle>
    The whole thread is one big Troll, but that doesn't mean we can't have fun with it till the sun comes up.
    B)

uY3bkZV.jpg​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    4-2.jpg
    B)

I am legitimately interested in checkbox polling features for interacting with the forum. Others have spoken about it to me, so I thought to use the existing polling mechanism to gather information on future polling mechanisms.

I just have different ways of structuring choices. Discussion is the key to development.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    I voted for that one, cause I didn't see the option for putting the OPer out the airlock one.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
    Yeah...
    Let's try flying that one by Trendy on Monday.

LoL
    B)
    I voted for that one, cause I didn't see the option for putting the OPer out the airlock one.

Still, glad you support checkbox polling.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 3,140 Arc User
    ...and request that this thread gets stuccoed.

From addressing the long overdue question of "what is real pizza" to the introduction of a revolutionary new type of polling, this thread is all about the affirmation of positive change.

Hence, the new concept of getting a thread stuccoed. I'm sure this new terminology will stick.

...and request that this thread gets stuccoed.

From addressing the long overdue question of "what is real pizza" to the introduction of a revolutionary new type of polling, this thread is all about the affirmation of positive change.

Hence, the new concept of getting a thread stuccoed. I'm sure this new terminology will stick.

We can only hope.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    Once long ago, I got a stuck-coed out of a sticky mess... (locked car-lost key-lotsa tears)

She was so grateful, we 'stucco'd' for several months.

Then she got a new job, stuckoed herself into a plane, and moved to California.

<sad face>
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    I vote: members of SFD should not be allowed to make polls. :p

Also I prefer to have threads staked over being stuccoed.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    What does the Schenectady Fire Department, have to do with anything.
    <snicker> B)
    I vote: members of SFD should not be allowed to make polls. :p

Also I prefer to have threads staked over being stuccoed.

Fortunately for all, this is not a polling option. The organization is separable from the idea, if you are unable to defeat your own biases.