test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Star Trek show based in STO time period?

12346»

Comments

• Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    daveyny wrote: »
    I'm going to assume that you meant to quote @kodachikuno and not me.
    B)
    I figured, but I figured it was better to ignore the dumbasses instead of feeding them
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    why would i look at something i've never heard of?​​
    Because the monkey that never looked at something he never heard of never had a chance of having descendents that would walk the moon or build cell phones.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    nikeix wrote: »

Yeah... that article draws some interesting conclusion from things that were never said... along with coming out long before the TV teaser that goes out of its way to ape the style of the Star Trek 2009 credits.

I put the odds about 60/40 it WILL be set in the AR (and about another 15% beyond that the first season will be written in a way that neither confirms nor denies which timeline it belongs to...) but at this point the contents of that little Schrödinger's box is far from certain.

I'm thinking it's going to be set in the period between Prime ST:VI and TNG, but with the Look of the JJ-Trek Universe.

More sparkly, more lens flarely, more modern, etc...
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I heard that it's going to be a radical departure from the previous Star Trek series. This one is a musical...kinda like West Side Story except with Feds, Klinks and Roms. The Borg are mime actors. Ships are low-budget models suspended from strings against cheesy, sparkly space backdrops. Costumes will be really good...lots of sequins.

This could be the Star Trek series to put an end to the franchise folks!

thriller4.jpg.opt836x537o0,0s836x537.jpg
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    Doesnt this thread belong in ten forward? O.o
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    goodscotch wrote: »
    I heard that it's going to be a radical departure from the previous Star Trek series. This one is a musical...kinda like West Side Story except with Feds, Klinks and Roms. The Borg are mime actors. Ships are low-budget models suspended from strings against cheesy, sparkly space backdrops. Costumes will be really good...lots of sequins.

This could be the Star Trek series to put an end to the franchise folks!

Sounds like "Pricilla, Queen of the Universe" to me.

<chuckle>
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Doesnt this thread belong in ten forward? O.o

yes it does but the OP gets emo when someone says that
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,109 Arc User
    Season 1: Klingon War
    Season 2: Romulan War
    Season 3: Cardassian War
    Season 4: Dominion War #2
    Season 5: Borg/Undine War
    Season 6: Iconian War
    Season 7: Mirror War
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    funny, i don't remember dr. who only being six episodes long...

Season 1: 8 episodes
    Season 2: 9 episodes
    Season 7: 4 episodes
    Season 16: 6 episodes
    Season 32: 4 episodes

They're just a few, but until 2005 and the more American style 13 episode runs the show followed the more traditional short seasons.
    funny, i don't remember dr. who only being six episodes long...
    There are more series then Doctor Who from the UK...

Look at something like Luther or Black Mirror. Or Sherlock.

And I'd highly recommend Luther and Black Mirror, highly. And Line of Duty if Americans can find it. I'd recommend Sherlock as well, but I suspect it's already quite well known :#.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    http://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/star-trek-everything-we-know-about-the-new-tv-series.html/?a=viewall

Follow that link and you will find out the new Star Trek TV Show is going to be made so that it meshes with the newest movies, which were "Star Trek" and "Into Darkness".​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png