test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tails

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    adwynyth wrote: »
    semalda226 wrote: »
    But....I was soo freaking happy we finally got Freaking dinosaurs with freaking laser beams attached to their freaking heads....

I now wish I could attach a flashlight to my Gorns head and stomp around DS9.

Put your Gorn in a flashy business suit. It gets more attention.

(Seriously, I can't count how many times I've walked into a place and had someone say "holy $%^# it's a gorn in a suit".)
    Have you tried the Khan costume? :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    nabreeki wrote: »
    Huh. Someone thought it was a good idea to reference the Orlando shootings in a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with it. Classy and tasteful.

yeah I had to flag that post myself... talk about way outta line
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,003 Arc User
    a) Never, ever again compare "being furry" to a sexual orientation and being bullied for liking a fandom to bigotry and hate crimes. Please, for your own sake.

b) The question that is discussed here has nothing to do with either. We're talking about the Star Trek Online aliengen here. It should offer a wide variety of costume pieces so you can create the alien you like. Quite a few isntances of Star Trek feature aliens with tails, feline and reptilian ones. But alien tails do not have to resemble any earth based animal species to begin with, there's more room for creativity here, but even if we don't go there aliens with animal characteristics are a part of star Trek - speaking of which, we should also have the fish people from TNG, wether they have tail fins or not pig-2.gif It would be in anyones best interest to keep the furry nonsense out of here and only talk about the facts.

Tails for the aliengen to increase customization option? I think there is no reasonable argument against more options. Adding cstore parts to the aliengen after purchase? There is no precedent for it, right now this doesn't happen with any cstore purchase if I'm not mistaken. So there has to be some reason preventing this from happening. But they could always add a basic selection of tails to the aliengen, like "feline - short, feline - long (without any decals on them, just plain coloured and no extra fur or anything), reptilian - short, reptilian - long, alien - split, alien - spiked" something along these lines.
    asuran14 wrote: »
    (...)
    I kinda agree with opening up the horn option to both genders, or even just getting a horn-like option for both that are built to fit the genders would be nice. I mean you could have a headdress horn option that uses more of a draconic-like or even other horn options like bovine for males, while having more ram or even elegant serpentine-line horn option for female. Just having more options that fall in several groups would be nice, from standard horn options to more elaborate an even ceremonial styles. For me I love the idea of a horn style that would be almost hallowed out an thought of a race actually to use them on, in which instead of using a mouth to project their speech it is instead thru these hollowed out horn-like protrusions.

It's specifically the difference for genders that itnerferes with many customization options. There shouldn'T be any attachements for "male" and "female", just a general availability for everyone. Because right now, female Deferi use the "horn" option "Kreetasan". However, these "horns" are limited to male aliens for reasons I don't know, but the NPCs use them and you cannot make a faithful recreation of Cryptic's original species this way. Wether or not there are more options at one point is another debate, I'd like that but right now it's just about making the existing assets available to recreate the games' own lore.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • fatherrockfatherrock Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    I find this all laughable, I love playing furry characters in game,
    sexual deviant ??? dude, am as straight and as boring as it gets...
    the assumption is insulting

I will just leave it at that.
  • rimmarierimmarie Member Posts: 418 Arc User
    This is not a cartoon this is Star Trek!
    The fact you must make all your toons animal hybrids is weird and.......what exactly needs to transpire to make a crossbreed in nature? Disgusting.

SO you are basically saying ALL aliens with tails are crossbred Human/animals?
    I guess you hate Caitians/Ferasans.

If furries with tails make you think of animal sex, then I think you are actually the person with the sick problem ;)
    There isn't anything wrong with making an alien (or a Furry) with a tail.

Anyone complaining about immersion should have a talk with the guy that looked like the Hulk with the name 'Spider Man'

edited June 2016
    Really? A fur convention was attacked with chemical weapons and 19 people were injured. It's fortunate no one died. How would you describe that if not a hate crime, motivated by hatred of people who have been declared to be "sexual deviants"?

Yes, really.

EDIT: I didn't catch your edit. This is not the place to discuss this, but please get some perspective. This does in no way weaken the effect of criminal intent against any person or convention, but just don't go the "hate crime" route.​​
    Post edited by angrytarg on
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    The terms of service of the game already prohibit sexually explicit content, whatever people might fantasize about or discuss in Local AND Zone on Risa is made everyone's business.​​

DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]
    @darthmeow504 hate to break it to you but I've known a couple furries IRL, and they use the term furries to describe themselves weather regardless of if they're the type to dress up in costume and go yiffing or if they're the type that just wishes to be a different species.
    I have a ferasan, caitian, and a gorn character, hell I play tieflings and khajiit and love the kilrathi race from Wing Commander, but I'm not a furry. Assuming someone associates the word "furry" with "pervert/deviant" is just as big a fail as what you are accusing nabreeki of. Assuming just because someone wants more racial options in the char gen they are a furry is equal fail. And ERPing is just its own whole separate level of fail. None of which belongs here in this thread.

Also TRIBBLE fish people Anticans FTW. We need some bow-wows to balance out the kittehs :P

It's exactly comparable. In both cases it's a sexual preference or fetish that is completely harmless, over which people are unjustly discriminated against. The difference is only in degree to which the bigotry is applied and the extent the victims are made to suffer. Regardless, such bigotry and discrimination is entirely unjustified, and any harassment or attack against people who are or are perceived to be in such a category is wrong.

To wrangle this back on topic, IT DOES NOT MATTER if a person who wishes more options for anthro characters in this game are fur fans or not ("furries" as you've described them), nor does it matter if their fandom has any element of sexual fetish to it. Your references to such are accusatory and irrelevant, nothing more than an attempt to derail discussion and discredit those asking for such character options.

No, this is not comparable. And please stop claiming it is, for your own sake. Also, I just reread the thread and I might be mistaken, but you brought the "labeling furries as deviants" thing up yourself, nobody did that. So please do not put yourself into a victim role and then claim you face anything akin to homophobia. This doesn't let you look good.

Look, I'm not trying to pick a "side" here, I don't care about furries either way. I do however care about using recent hate crimes and bigotry and compare it to this nonsense. Bullying and harassment against any kind of people is wrong and a crime is a crime but the kind of comparison you make doesn't work. You have no idea what you are talking about, please just let it be.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    @rimmarie said:
    "SO you are basically saying ALL aliens with tails are crossbred Human/animals?
    I guess you hate Caitians/Ferasans.

If furries with tails make you think of animal sex, then I think you are actually the person with the sick problem ;)"

Incorrect. Caitians and Ferasans are alien species of humaniod felines. They are not made through breeding. What the poster above me clearly said was "hybrid" which is synonymous with "crossbreed" how do you create a hybrid in nature. If you dont create them in nature they are by definition unnatural, they were created in a lab. Therego the poster wants something unatural, not a species. I have a Ferasan.

And the modern popular definition of "furries" makes alot of people think sex. As per reading others' posts. Isn't that a fetish where people dress in animal costumes and copulate?
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    so is dressing up in a nurse's outfit and copulating...i don't hear anyone bitching about that​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    Fortunately they are not a "group", at least that im aware of, let alone vocal.

And besides, there are no "nurses" outfits here anyway. B)
    I forgot to say something.

I would love it if there were playable humanoid apes like as in "planet of the apes", or playable humaniod bears. They would be from an ape planet or bear planet respectively. I would not want to dress up like an ape-man or manbear pretend, or be some weird lab experiment like from Swamp Thing. I would have no pleasure in that and that wouldn't cut it for me.

Again, this is not Japanime.
    edited June 2016
    There are Xindi-Arboreals from ENT, they come pretty close to the original Planet of the Apes - apes.​ (Phlox said they evolved from primates, despite having characteristics of sloths. And Xindi-primates are basically humans).​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • sarreoussarreous Member Posts: 336 Arc User

And the modern popular definition of "furries" makes alot of people think sex. As per reading others' posts. Isn't that a fetish where people dress in animal costumes and copulate?

I personally have learned more than I ever wanted to reading this thread. I already knew that there's a fetish involving cartoon/anime humanoid animals going at it. Aside from that I would have thought "furries" was something more along the lines of dedicated catgirl fans or whatever.

Oh the things you learn. But alas I have heard of much stranger fetishes that more imply a mental illness than some people getting dressed up for, well, yeah...

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go prepare for the inevitable* tail crafting fest that will require the sacrifice of many, many tribbles. I want the option to attach a live cannibal tribble on the end >:)

*re: unlikely
  • sarreoussarreous Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    sarreous wrote: »

I personally have learned more than I ever wanted to reading this thread. I already knew that there's a fetish involving cartoon/anime humanoid animals going at it. Aside from that I would have thought "furries" was something more along the lines of dedicated catgirl fans or whatever.

Oh the things you learn. But alas I have heard of much stranger fetishes than some people getting dressed up for, well, yeah...

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go prepare for the inevitable* tail crafting fest that will require the sacrifice of many, many tribbles. I want the option to attach a live cannibal tribble on the end >:)

*re: unlikely

• sleel43sleel43 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    Comparing people who fetishize anthropomorphic animals to LGTBQ is extremely insulting to the latter.

It's exactly comparable. In both cases it's a sexual preference or fetish that is completely harmless, over which people are unjustly discriminated against. The difference is only in degree to which the bigotry is applied and the extent the victims are made to suffer. Regardless, such bigotry and discrimination is entirely unjustified, and any harassment or attack against people who are or are perceived to be in such a category is wrong.

To wrangle this back on topic, IT DOES NOT MATTER if a person who wishes more options for anthro characters in this game are fur fans or not ("furries" as you've described them), nor does it matter if their fandom has any element of sexual fetish to it. Your references to such are accusatory and irrelevant, nothing more than an attempt to derail discussion and discredit those asking for such character options.​​

You'll never convince a Dental of anything. They are the self appointed morality police who believe they have the right to harass, denigrate and mock anyone who does not meet with their approval. It's pretty blatantly proclaimed in the first third of that sig, deliberately or not.
    They've decreed furries and RPers denigrate, and will pursue their crusade against them until such time as Cryptic deals with their stupidity. And don't buy their BS that they're only against ERPers. I used to hang out and play dabo at quarks to take a break between play grinds. They harassed the people pretending they were on shore leave out of the place. A larger collection of asses doesn't exist in the game.
  • puckerbrushpuckerbrush Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    sleel43 wrote: »

You'll never convince a Dental of anything. They are the self appointed morality police who believe they have the right to harass, denigrate and mock anyone who does not meet with their approval. It's pretty blatantly proclaimed in the first third of that sig, deliberately or not.
    They've decreed furries and RPers denigrate, and will pursue their crusade against them until such time as Cryptic deals with their stupidity. And don't buy their BS that they're only against ERPers. I used to hang out and play dabo at quarks to take a break between play grinds. They harassed the people pretending they were on shore leave out of the place. A larger collection of asses doesn't exist in the game.

All this hullabaloo over lack of tail options in the tailor. And now furries, mass shootings and Starfleet Dental are all involved.
    Can't we just about what horrible amazing tailor features we want to have?

M6SiKbG.gif
    Please spay and neuter your Caitians
    edited June 2016
    The topic has 1k views now. It is obviously important to the community, but I somehow remembered it originally as a poll (which has 900 views).

Point being that polls and poll features are important for issue presentation.
    @jodarkrider @pwlaughingtrendy Im pretty sure this ship is sinking and non-recoverable... topic is lost and we're babbling on about furries perverts and hate crimes now...
    @jodarkrider @pwlaughingtrendy Im pretty sure this ship is sinking and non-recoverable... topic is lost and we're babbling on about furries perverts and hate crimes now...

Then Nbreeki was successful in derailing yet another thread. :(​​

On rereading, you'll find that that is not what occurred.

pretty sure you managed more damage than he did
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    On rereading, you'll find that that is not what occurred.
    I will admit that Nbreeki may have failed to be the source but he sure tried....
    Oh hey another thread by the OP on the exact same topic as all his others.

Kudos to the devs for keeping the tails locked away and for removing the tailor exploit from the game -- this is not furries online.

Anyways... I have no idea what form of insanity he suffers from to equate people who play as Caitians with ERPers... However it is clear he has ulterior motives.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • ripanton#1911 ripanton Member Posts: 10 New User
    > @nabreeki said:
    > That is not what I said in my post at all. I made zero mention of caitains. My argument was for not allowing tails non-caitain species. Context is key.

look buddy. if you arent interested in this feature thats fine. but stop trolling someones thread just because it isnt a feature you care about. you are just as bad as the people trolling the pride event thread because they arent interested in it or are trying to impune bad motives on the people who posted it. stop trolling.
  • ripanton#1911 ripanton Member Posts: 10 New User
    > @nabreeki said:
    > Post on your main.

sure sure.

right after you stop trollzing.

in other words never.

jolan tru
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    ... what the.
    /Closed
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

This discussion has been closed.