What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tails

Comments

• fatherrockfatherrock Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    I think I will make a tail-less caitian with the name tails4aliens
  • puckerbrushpuckerbrush Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    semalda226 wrote: »
    I'd pay $20 right now for a Wolf Tail and Ears to match!

How about two pointed ice cream cones and sock for $5?

Deal
    M6SiKbG.gif
    Please spay and neuter your Caitians
  • sarreoussarreous Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    This would be a perfect opportunity to expand upon the crafting system. It would make use of a common, under utilized item which can be found across the galaxy. This item even comes in different colors which would allow for some customization. These tails would be made of...

TRIBBLES!

It would solve three problems at once: a.) make the cat fans happy, b.) make the tribble haters happy, and c.) finally do something about this galaxy wide tribble invasion! Seriously, all it will take is for a few generations of increasingly intelligent tribbles, or for someone to drop a monolith in front of a group of them, and we have a threat greater than the Iconians themselves. And I fear that no amount of time manipulating shenanigans would fix the issue. So stop the problem before it can begin, and farm those little would be warlords to make into cutesy, mostly harmless vanity attachments.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    sarreous wrote: »
    This would be a perfect opportunity to expand upon the crafting system. It would make use of a common, under utilized item which can be found across the galaxy. This item even comes in different colors which would allow for some customization. These tails would be made of...

TRIBBLES!

It would solve three problems at once: a.) make the cat fans happy, b.) make the tribble haters happy, and c.) finally do something about this galaxy wide tribble invasion! Seriously, all it will take is for a few generations of increasingly intelligent tribbles, or for someone to drop a monolith in front of a group of them, and we have a threat greater than the Iconians themselves. And I fear that no amount of time manipulating shenanigans would fix the issue. So stop the problem before it can begin, and farm those little would be warlords to make into cutesy, mostly harmless vanity attachments.

please... please... PLEASE don't give Cryptic ideas like this. This is the group thats proud of "T-Rex wit laz0rz"
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    But....I was soo freaking happy we finally got Freaking dinosaurs with freaking laser beams attached to their freaking heads....
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

But....I was soo freaking happy we finally got Freaking dinosaurs with freaking laser beams attached to their freaking heads....
    and yet still no mutha @%&*in snakes on a mutha @%&*in plane... hell we don't even have a plane yet
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    and yet still no mutha @%&*in snakes on a mutha @%&*in plane... hell we don't even have a plane yet

sure we do; every flat surface in the game is a plane - to say nothing of the fact that the universe itself is a plane​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.

sure we do; every flat surface in the game is a plane - to say nothing of the fact that the universe itself is a plane​​

wrong kind of plane but hell we' can roll with that we still need the mutha @%&*in snakes tho... and not just some lame cop out snakes we need proper mutha @%&*in snakes
    sorry, best i can do is snakeface

Voldemort_at_Malfoy_Manor_Chapter_1-980x627.jpeg​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    awful, i'd imagine​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

87j90.gif
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    off topic but funny :-D

tribble crafting into vanity tails...lol
    edited June 2016
    Do keep in mind the main goal...TAIL OPTIONS FOR ALIEN BUILDS.
    Secondray goal of more character creation options in general.
    including dinos with lazer beam eyes... :-P
    As a new patch comes forward, I am sad to report that the
    lack of tails for Alien Captains still has not been corrected.

I know they need to fix load times but to some of us, that is trivial.
    We look with sad kitty eyes at our Aliens absolutely sad tailess condition.

We shall be persistant......TAILS - we want them, when do we want them ? MEOW !
    fatherrock wrote: »
    As a new patch comes forward, I am sad to report that the
    lack of tails for Alien Captains still has not been corrected.

I know they need to fix load times but to some of us, that is trivial.
    We look with sad kitty eyes at our Aliens absolutely sad tailess condition.

We shall be persistant......TAILS - we want them, when do we want them ? MEOW !

This game isn't a democracy.
    M6SiKbG.gif
    The US does not have one of those either...MEOW - had to say it.
    If you check the June freebie thread..there is a way to earn a FREE TABBY KITTY PET....ahhhh
    find it and get it !

show your paw-ide

also show your support for Alien TAILS !
    but do get the free kitty

MEOW
    Don't forget to get your pet kitty from these guys...just need to sign up, freebie sign up points enough
    for the purrrrfect pet

http://raptr.com/store
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,003 Arc User
    (...)
    Its also like Japanime where they have strange fetishes making animal girls with ears and tails.(...)

Wow, I haven't seen someone use the term "Japanime" in, like, two decades? pig-2.gif

Aside from that, I really don't think tails on aliens should be tied to a cstore purchase. The feline tails perhaps, but there should also be a variation of other tails like reptilian ones or bovine ones, as well as a porcine variation. Nobody knows what a Tellarite looks like when you pull down their pants pig-2.gif

But seriously, a selection of tails for aliens would be welcome, as well as no restrictions on which gender can wear "horns" - so annoying I can't create proper Deferi because the headpiece necessary is limited to males...​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    (...)
    Its also like Japanime where they have strange fetishes making animal girls with ears and tails.(...)

Wow, I haven't seen someone use the term "Japanime" in, like, two decades? pig-2.gif

Aside from that, I really don't think tails on aliens should be tied to a cstore purchase. The feline tails perhaps, but there should also be a variation of other tails like reptilian ones or bovine ones, as well as a porcine variation. Nobody knows what a Tellarite looks like when you pull down their pants pig-2.gif

But seriously, a selection of tails for aliens would be welcome, as well as no restrictions on which gender can wear "horns" - so annoying I can't create proper Deferi because the headpiece necessary is limited to males...​​

I don't agree kinda I think that you need some tails maybe like more elaborate styles of tails that are c-store exclusives, while also having more basic ones that are standard for the alien without purchase, as without the c-store options why would cryptic allot time an resources to something that does not make them money. A c-store option that is worth buying (not like one or two tails, but actually a 10-20 tail variations) could pull more money in to fund more things like that, just like with ship types the more profitable ones get made more often compared to the others because well they make money.

I kinda agree with opening up the horn option to both genders, or even just getting a horn-like option for both that are built to fit the genders would be nice. I mean you could have a headdress horn option that uses more of a draconic-like or even other horn options like bovine for males, while having more ram or even elegant serpentine-line horn option for female. Just having more options that fall in several groups would be nice, from standard horn options to more elaborate an even ceremonial styles. For me I love the idea of a horn style that would be almost hallowed out an thought of a race actually to use them on, in which instead of using a mouth to project their speech it is instead thru these hollowed out horn-like protrusions.
    nabreeki wrote: »
    furries online

Based on frequently created forums threads, there is a market for such a game.

M6SiKbG.gif
    Here is the deal-e-o all MMOs have nitch players

power gamers (max DPS max build max everything)
    Zoo Keeper - uses pets, has pets...rare pets are everything
    Crafter.....they make stuff, they never bother going outside of town
    Millionare ... have the most gold and will look up every possible way to be richest
    RP .... must LIVE the story
    Furry - must be an animal or animal hybred

so, why the hate?
    games have all types

I could not give a TRIBBLE about DPS as long as the borg fall over sooner better than later.
    I want my toons to be hybred animals...got a cartoon vib to it.

MEOW !
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    so, why the hate?

Because out of all those groups, the furries tend to be far and away the most vocally creepy. Not all of them by a longshot, mind you - like any other group, most just wanna do their thing and be left alone. But then you get the weirdos who identify as dragons and/or sign off every post with "meow" or some other animal sound... not even as a signature, literally typing out "meow" at the end of every post. That's like if a min/maxer signed off every post with his average dps, or if a millionaire signed off with his current unrefined dil backlog.
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    This is not a cartoon this is Star Trek!
    The fact you must make all your toons animal hybrids is weird and.......what excatly needs to transpire to make a crossbreed in nature? Disgusting.
    Post edited by officerbatman81 on
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    jexsamx wrote: »
    so, why the hate?
    Because out of all those groups, the furries tend to be far and away the most vocally creepy. Not all of them by a longshot, mind you - like any other group, most just wanna do their thing and be left alone. But then you get the weirdos who identify as dragons and/or sign off every post with "meow" or some other animal sound... not even as a signature, literally typing out "meow" at the end of every post. That's like if a min/maxer signed off every post with his average dps, or if a millionaire signed off with his current unrefined dil backlog.
    Meh, compared to some of the others, they're mildly amusing.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    I guess the guy has never bothered to read the zone chat ?!?
    Furries are not creepy...the far right politically motivated to speak their mind in game.
    They are creepy..awful...dangerous.
    They tell you about all the people they want to see killed....and they are not kidding.

Furries talk about....ears, fur color.
    I guess the guy has never bothered to read the zone chat ?!?
    Furries are not creepy...the far right politically motivated to speak their mind in game.
    They are creepy..awful...dangerous.
    They tell you about all the people they want to see killed....and they are not kidding.

Uh-oh, there's an ESD leak again. Someone plug it, quick!

If talking about fur color was the only thing furries talked about then they wouldn't be reviled by society.

Anyways, let's get back on topic.
    More tailor choices would be great, though Cryptic has very good reasons for restricting tails.
    I suggest adding a variety of hats.

M6SiKbG.gif
  • adwynythadwynyth Member Posts: 369 Arc User

I now wish I could attach a flashlight to my Gorns head and stomp around DS9.

Put your Gorn in a flashy business suit. It gets more attention.

(Seriously, I can't count how many times I've walked into a place and had someone say "holy $%^# it's a gorn in a suit".)

Too bad people don't bust into their nightclubs and shoot a bunch of them, maybe in Orlando or something, --oh, wait...

​​

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkJehlr1tEw
This discussion has been closed.