test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Where are the klank/rom temporal ships?

Like, sheesh, you could have thrown in at least ONE for us, instead of making it so blatantly obvious you only care about Fed players for $$$.

Comments

• Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    It's probable they will. The new missions and ships make sense though there isn't a lot of KDF or ROM in that time period to go off of. Besides they basically built a a new game it would seem which is no simple task so they of course focused their efforts on the group of people who will play and spend the most.

There are still a lot of information gaps that need to be filled in though.
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    this is not news to anyone though... you can maybe call the temporal raider close enough if its muti faction which is delta raising ships are any indication. it will not be.

and I'm not calling tos and fed different since it seems the share ships. it be like calling kdf roms and fed roms different factions.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    TOS klingons and romulans have they the same one ship (the creators of the series did not want to do another model) - D7

D7General3.jpg
  • Options
    rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    Like, sheesh, you could have thrown in at least ONE for us, instead of making it so blatantly obvious you only care about Fed players for $$$.

You might want to wait. For all we know these temporal ships are only for TOS captains.
  • Options

You might want to wait. For all we know these temporal ships are only for TOS captains.

it already says their for feds too.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    tmassx wrote: »
    TOS klingons and romulans have they the same one ship (the creators of the series did not want to do another model) - D7

D7General3.jpg

Yup. It's one ship and the assets are already in game for it. Just release a Romulan TOS style revamped D7 with the orange wings underneath and a redone klingon D7 with proper green nacelles and the details to match. Kill two birds with one stone. Battlecruisers with great turn-rates sell well too so Cryptic should make some money on it. Please Cryptic!!!
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    nightken wrote: »

Where? I looked at the store page for the pack and everything but the ships are marked for Fed and TOS captains. So again, calm down and wait for info.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,057 Community Moderator
    You guys forgetting about the T'Liss already? Balance of Terror introduced us to a TOS Romulan ship.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options

Where? I looked at the store page for the pack and everything but the ships are marked for Fed and TOS captains. So again, calm down and wait for info.

please reread what has been written then tell me why I ask you to do this.

and I am calm.

• Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    You guys forgetting about the T'Liss already? Balance of Terror introduced us to a TOS Romulan ship.

That ship is already in-game
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    anazonda wrote: »

True but there is no t6 Rommie D7 or proper Klingon t6 D7. Remember, the TOS skin for the Klingon D7 is old and badly in need of some of Jamz Jamze's magic.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    knuhteb5 wrote: »

True but there is no t6 Rommie D7 or proper Klingon t6 D7. Remember, the TOS skin for the Klingon D7 is old and badly in need of some of Jamz Jamze's magic.

Of cause there is no T6 variants of those ships... That would be the same as asking for a T6 Connie and no one does that...

Wait...

(joke aside, the D7's are equally old as the Connie, and should for that very reason not get a T6 variants...)
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Of cause there is no T6 variants of those ships... That would be the same as asking for a T6 Connie and no one does that...

Wait...

(joke aside, the D7's are equally old as the Connie, and should for that very reason not get a T6 variants...)

That ship sailed when the T'varo and Excelsior both got t6 variants. That's not a strong enough argument against a t6 ktinga.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Wait...

That ship sailed when the T'varo and Excelsior both got t6 variants.

No it did'n?

The T'liss and D7 are ToS era ships, and were almost entirely replaced by more modern ships by the time of TMP even, while the Excelsior is not... As the T'Varo... well.. that could realistically be a modern ship as well (yea... I am not entirely buying that either)..

I seriously doubt Cryptic will ever open that can of worms though... for the T6 connie reason.
  • Options

Wait...

we have t5 d-7 so it at end game is allowed. :p

• Options

we have t5 d-7 so it at end game is allowed. :p

As I said... I am not entirely buying it either.
  • Options
    talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    They've already been released, we just haven't realized it yet. Give it some.....time.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Wait...

That ship sailed when the T'varo and Excelsior both got t6 variants.

No it did'n?

The T'liss and D7 are ToS era ships, and were almost entirely replaced by more modern ships by the time of TMP even, while the Excelsior is not... As the T'Varo... well.. that could realistically be a modern ship as well (yea... I am not entirely buying that either)..

I seriously doubt Cryptic will ever open that can of worms though... for the T6 connie reason.

We're talking about STO here, not the shows. In the shows/movies, we saw the T'liss and the D7. However in STO, the t6 Malem is essentially a modernized T'varo which in turn was a modernized version of the T'Liss. Same with the Fleet T5 K'tnga. It's a Modernized D7 just as the resolute is a modernized version of the t5 excelsior. Not sure why this is so hard to understand.

Consequently if you have t6 modernized versions of the TOS bird of prey and excelsior line (star trek 3 and star trek 6) in STO, there is no logical reason for excluding the D7 from a t6 upgrade.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    The temporal ships should be cross-faction, because the story has already revealed the Klingons and Romulans joined the Federation at some time before the Temporal Accords. If they are, I'm buying that pack for sure.

But with the game's track record, and given that even the TITLES are Fed-only, I don't have high hopes for that.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    as has been mentioned elsewhere... save some of the rage energy... these packs usually have stuff added closer to release, if not there is usually more stuff announced for the expansion closer to release day.
  • Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    as has been mentioned elsewhere... save some of the rage energy... these packs usually have stuff added closer to release, if not there is usually more stuff announced for the expansion closer to release day.

The DR one added more stuff....for FEDs.
  • Options
    darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    [quote="kodachikuno;12922110"]as has been mentioned elsewhere... save some of the rage energy... these packs usually have stuff added closer to release, if not there is usually more stuff announced for the expansion closer to release day.[/quote]

This. They said they have more blogs and info coming. As Kang once said "Patience, vigilance..."
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • Options
    sinn74 wrote: »

The DR one added more stuff....for FEDs.

I didnt say to turn OFF the rage, just to save some for later :P
  • Options
    wo1dashwo1dash Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Well - I have 4 Fed toons, 3 Rom and 3 KDF, The Delta pack included ships for all factions and was worth it therefore. If they do not add ships for ROm and Klinks I won't be buying it. Still - change will come and I will decide later if the situation changes.
  • Options
    I have 4 rom characters, 2 KDF, and 2 Fed, one of which will be deleted if I dont get a free char slot for this new TOS stuff :P I much prefer Rom and Klink content but I have to admit I'm still gonna fork over for this pack and it will be the first ever time I have spent $130 on any game at one time.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User

Are you really surprised? The Delta pack just had tac ships for KDF and Rom; we have yet to get a single T6 science vessel and now they roll out two more of them for Feds.

Bite me, Craptic. Wallet is and remains closed.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    I'm sure they will be upset about that... just as soon as they're done swiming in the mountains of cash this expansion will surely rake in.
  • Options
    g2g#3372 g2g Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Thanks for information and sharing. Sorry for any inconvenient. :)
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    How much do you guys wanna bet that there will be a separate Klingon and another separate Romulan pack lol. The Delta Pack was $125 when it was released. Maybe they'll try and triple dip. I know that some people will pay whatever is required. $129 for each faction pack? Or $300 for the super duper uber ultra mega pack? Yeah, who wants to bet? LOL.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    thelordofshadesthelordofshades Member Posts: 258 Arc User
    "Eternal" and "Ouroboros" will be faction-agnostic.
    So here you are - even two ships, not one.